• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
When's the pax roundtable I want mewtwo?!Also Shulk seems like my 2nd fav newcomer liking his moveset

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
As much as I believe Mewtwo is in he will NOT be revealed at PAX. Guaranteed. He's going to kept under extremely secretive wraps.

Although if we do get a reveal at PAX [Unlikely] Idk who they would show. Shulk is the equivalent of the West's Ridley, so I'd think they would give someone of that hype. Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt are neat, but not that hype worthy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As much as I believe Mewtwo is in he will NOT be revealed at PAX. Guaranteed. He's going to kept under extremely secretive wraps.

Although if we do get a reveal at PAX [Unlikely] Idk who they would show. Shulk is the equivalent of the West's Ridley, so I'd think they would give someone of that hype. Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt are neat, but not that hype worthy.
I, sure too

If it wasen't confirmed to be 4 hours long.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I'm afraid this is it. We were going to get one last pre-release-hype reveal, and that was Shulk. If he's the biggest shot they've got left, then the leak is pretty much guaranteed to be complete roster.

All we can do now is hope for DLC.
If this was the last pre-release-hype reveal wouldn't it be closer to Japan's release?
We still have 2 weeks left, anything could happen.

D

Deleted member

i hate to say it, but i think you guys are holding on to dead hope.
i want Mewtwo back, i think he could work out, i miss Mewtwo.
However, Sakurai probably doesn't. We are going to get crap.
Mewtwo was a good character so he was indeed scrapped.
Dr.Mario is garbage and Charizard is stupid, so they're in.

Do you guys see the pattern here?
there is no Mewtwo, sorry guys.
:confused:
maybe next time...
:mewtwomelee:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This news is saddening. Is it all over for our feline friend if no reveal happens at PAX?

I hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

This news is saddening. Is it all over for our feline friend if no reveal happens at PAX?

I hope for the best.
actually that's a common misconception...
Mewtwo isn't just a feline...
he is part human too...
gene splicing...
i will stop here to end future arguments...

Goodbye...
Mewtwo...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i hate to say it, but i think you guys are holding on to dead hope.
i want Mewtwo back, i think he could work out, i miss Mewtwo.
However, Sakurai probably doesn't. We are going to get crap.
Mewtwo was a good character so he was indeed scrapped.
Dr.Mario is garbage and Charizard is stupid, so they're in.

Do you guys see the pattern here?
there is no Mewtwo, sorry guys.
:confused:
maybe next time...
:mewtwomelee:
Get your false hope out of here

Besides if you saw the interview of the thing about a secret pax meeting on smash bros that started 1 hour and 30 minutes ago

And we have 2 weeks left

Mewtwo will not fail until the final roster is shown and hes not in it.

(The point is i see you guys are forgeting after release reveals. / the full roster reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Get your false hope out of here

Besides if you saw the interview of the thing about a secret pax meeting on smash bros that started 1 hour and 30 minutes ago

And we have 2 weeks left

Mewtwo will not fail until the final roster is shown and hes not in it.

(The point is i see you guys are forgeting after release reveals. / the full roster reveal.
that uplifted my hopes 0.000000000000000000000000000001%
that's the most it's been uplifted since Greninja's reveal
oh, and to keep this relevant... :mewtwomelee:Mewtwo.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I refuse to stop believing in Mewtwo is in smash 4 I WON'T!I want to see "Pic of the day,well here's the entire roster I hope you enjoyed these pics of the day enjoy the new smash bros!"

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
You guys do realize that even if Mewtwo is not announced before release there is a really good chance he is a secret character. The problem people have is he is stuck between veteran and newcomer, and while I would love for him to get some trailer love it is more likely that he will be secret.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I am not a Mewtwo fan myself, My brother played as him more. I believe you guys are forgetting about DLC. Even if he doesn't make it into the final roster as in game content he can return as DLC.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Is this it? Is Mewtwo gone? Has Dark Pit really gotten in over Mewtwo? Is this the world we're coming to?
How does Dark Pit getting in have anything to do with Mewtwo. If he is indeed a clone(as many suspect) it will be like Lucina was a last minute addition to help pad the roster.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
How does Dark Pit getting in have anything to do with Mewtwo. If he is indeed a clone(as many suspect) it will be like Lucina was a last minute addition to help pad the roster.
It shouldn't have to be padded in that sense... because 3 kid icarus reps nor 4 FE reps makes no sense whatsoever.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey, guys. I just wanted to thank you guys and let you all know that chatting with you and getting a glimpse at the unbridled passion you each have for Super Smash Bros. got me inspired enough to jump into a different medium – making videos.

I'm still very much a part of Game Rant, but here's my first vid talking about the roster leak and all the additional rumors that have surfaced in its wake. I hope you enjoy it and there will be more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc3CcYfCV8

P.S. To keep it relevant to this thread, I do mention Mewtwo. ;)
Great stuff, Gnarleysquid! Very informative, comprehensive, concise, and well-edited. I like how you have your own unique style to your videos. While Relax Alax tends towards the zany, you carry yourself a bit more professionally. I love listening to you both, so I hope you can make a few bucks off your videos and continue doing them :)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
It shouldn't have to be padded in that sense... because 3 kid icarus reps nor 4 FE reps makes no sense whatsoever.
I agree with you on Kid Icarus(I'm biased toward FE so), but as long as they have extra time to add clones then I guess I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with the intended roster.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I agree with you on Kid Icarus(I'm biased toward FE so), but as long as they have extra time to add clones then I guess I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with the intended roster.
I don't wanna hate on Dark Pit... its just that I'm so sour that mewtwo, a bigger Nintendo icon than an of the so far revealed newcomers, probably won't make it it.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo is gone, apparently they found that Leaker, and instead of firing him and suing him, they added him in the game.

Apparently there is something called the Prediction Center, and in it, you get asked questions about every single thing that you currently have in your game so far, you get an A. B. C. and D. option, and if you at least get 20 of the questions right you challenge the leaker.

His model is a black like humanoid figure that hides in a brown hat and cloak and never takes it off to reveal his identity. He attacks by using randomly generated things that are not normally ever possible to see in the game, almost like G&W, on every single thing possible to do with the character is as random as G&W's Neutral B only there are at least 30+ alternate options with unique values.

apparently sometimes when he attacks there is a 0.002% chance out of 47 to see him use a Melee Mewtwo to attack. His final smash is where Sakurai comes out of nowhere and stands beside The Leaker, then Sakurai shows the player all of the scraped characters, puts both of his hands right in front of his forehead Direct Style, and then a powerful blue beam of light destroys every character on screen and deletes their files and you have to get the Amiibos for each of the characters to reunlock them. (even starters)

His display name is The Leaker and his data folder name is simply Leaker.

D

Deleted member

So is the general consensus here that Mewtwo is gone? Sad day indeed.... I wanna cry.
yep, Mewtwo is gone for good and is never coming back. I refuse to move on because Mewtwo is the only pokemon i care about, however, i know when i'm beat, we are just fans, we have no say, as long as there are little kids who scream for Charizard us older fans will never win, Smash 4 is brawl HD, and this game will suck.

Its been what it is guys.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So is the general consensus here that Mewtwo is gone? Sad day indeed.... I wanna cry.
It would suck, especially since they brought back Dr. Mario of all characters.

Last time I checked the general consensus was that the roster wasn't complete and that Mewtwo's status is still unknown, though much more hope exists than Ridley/K. Rool/Ice Climbers.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I really don't think that Mewtwo won't get revealed and will probably be the last or second-to-last-character to unlock in the game. I don't know why you guys are losing hope. The leak doesn't have all the characters unlocked, Dr. Mario came back from, so Mewtwo will almost certainly come with him. Also, look at all the leaked characters that haven't been officially revealed yet. Shulk was probably the last or second-to-last reveal trailer that we'll get if Sakurai's comments after the Lucina/Robin trailer are true about us being close to the last of the trailers. So yeah, Mewtwo is most likely a secret, unlockable character in the game that won't get a trailer. Don't get down and grumpy now guys.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
lololol, watch, "Hello, I'm the director of Smash Bros., Masahiro Sakurai. Those crazy Americans leaked all the characters on the Smash Bros. roster - or so they thought. Because of this, I will be showing exclusive footage to my Japanese fans from now on. Thank you for your patience and not leaking every ounce of my precious game. Now please enjoy this character reveal they did NOT see." /:mewtwomelee:
R you serious :O

D

Deleted member

I once had a friend, his name was Mewtwo. Unfortunately, he's dead. He died on 8/29/14 when he was on his way to join smash. Apparently, Sakurai killed him and threw him in a trash can saying "you must recover!" ...
the only one who can revive him now is Master Hand.
but one question remains...
will he?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I thought I was in the majority thinking that Mewtwo is coming back, but these last couple post seem to differ from that. I can't stress enough that we don't know the entire roster yet so there is no use getting angry and stressed out until we are 100% sure that Mewtwo is gone.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
My opinion now is the same it was 4 months ago. I believe Mewtwo is a secret character just like he was in Melee. I don't think Sakurai will give us any clues, hints, references, pictures or anything of the sort. Dr. Mario being in also gives me some hope as it lets me know that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the lost melee characters. Characters like Mewtwo are in a strange void. He's not a newcomer, but not a returning vet either since technically he wasn't in the last game. I could see a character like Mewtwo being DLC as its a good way to re-introduce him to newer fans and they know devoted fans would put down the money for him. I'll be sad if he's not in the game for sure, but I'd still play smash 4. Right now, my gut is just telling me he's a secret character. I didn't think we'd get any clues or hints about him at all and it looks like it will be that way until release. Sakurai won't let everything leak. He would want to keep a few secrets to himself to surprise fans when the "challenger approaching screen" appears. Hoping to see my favorite Psychic type soon...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I thought I was in the majority thinking that Mewtwo is coming back, but these last couple post seem to differ from that. I can't stress enough that we don't know the entire roster yet so there is no use getting angry and stressed out until we are 100% sure that Mewtwo is gone.
Yup. Though I do feel the need to vent a bit of frustration from time to time, I still retain a ray of hope. When/if he's disconfirmed, then he's disconfirmed.

Remember the picture the original leaker posted that had red Xs over the cut characters? Mewtwo was the ONLY one with a question mark over him. Not even the leaker knew for sure if he was gone or not.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm 100% sure, so can I get angry and stressed out?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Come on guys, let's be rational :)

Mewtwo may not have been part of the leak but we know that it's not the final roster. Whatever his chances are right now, there's still a possibility UNTIL we see the final roster. Whether the final roster leaks or we find out after the game comes out, that's when we'll know for sure.

Until then, let's not jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
yep, Mewtwo is gone for good and is never coming back. I refuse to move on because Mewtwo is the only pokemon i care about, however, i know when i'm beat, we are just fans, we have no say, as long as there are little kids who scream for Charizard us older fans will never win, Smash 4 is brawl HD, and this game will suck.

God, quit being such a downer there is still hope to be had for Mewtwo I'm almost positive the leaked roster wasn't complete especially after the locked all-star mode pic. Mewtwo's status right now is "unconfirmed" not "deconfirmed"

Also, "brawl HD" are you serious? Are you really going to write off a game that hasn't even been released yet?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I happen to love both Charizard and Mewtwo, and to see the two of them together in an official Smash game would be a dream come true for me.

Don't even think about ostracizing the other Gen. I Pokemon fans, just because Charizard seemingly got in over Mewtwo. They're two of the most popular Pokemon in the world, used by gamers both new and old alike, and they will continue to be beloved for many years to come. I would be devastated if Mewtwo was truly disconfirmed for SSB4, even moreso than last time, because it's popularity has only grown even stronger since then.

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Great stuff, Gnarleysquid! Very informative, comprehensive, concise, and well-edited. I like how you have your own unique style to your videos. While Relax Alax tends towards the zany, you carry yourself a bit more professionally. I love listening to you both, so I hope you can make a few bucks off your videos and continue doing them :)
Thank you very much! I'm glad the reaction to it has been so positive – it lets me know that maybe I'm doing something right. :p

There's some cool stuff coming down the pipes as well. Hopefully you'll get to see that soon! Stay tuned.

Also, Mewtwo. I'm still REALLY hoping for Mewtwo, although I wouldn't expect a full-on reveal in any trailer at this point. MAYBE he'll be hinted at in one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom