• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo vs DK

Metà

Smash Master
Rusty Shacklefurd and I got into a big argument about this recently. He says that DK is a strong counter against Mewtwo (without any supporting evidence of course, he's pretty illogical). I am asking this because he was whining and b!tching about how my friend Matt (a very good DK) chooses DK because he counters Mewtwo. This is not a joke, he's actually really serious, and was getting very angry about this. My response was that Mewtwo is just a bad character and gets countered by everyone, and no nne in specific; DK has nothing in specific on Mewtwo. Could somebody please provide some evidence for Rusty's [********] claims?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Hmm, Mow's mewtwo got destroyed by Canada Mike's DK... one of the only Mow2 vids on youtube. From what I saw, mewtwo had a really hard time getting a KO (as his main finisher, the upthrow, doesn't work till like 140%. DK is 2nd on the vertical survival tier list...).

quak

Smash Champion
they don't bother me none, yeah the bairs are a little annoying to deal with, but d-tilts and aerials work like a charm since he's so big.

Ko's shouldn't be too big of a deal, since it's easy to stack on heavy damage then back throw him.

I disagree, i think the match goes to the person with the most skill or knowledge of how to play against the other

_clinton

Smash Master
"I disagree, i think the match goes to the person with the most skill or knowledge of how to play against the other"

I can back that (if my word has meaning).

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
That Mike v Mow video is so **** old. Mow's improved a ****load (obviously), it's irrelevent to talk about that video now.

I don't think DK is anywhere close to being a counter to Mewtwo. At best he's a soft counter. Mewtwo racks damage on him quickly, and DK can't really stop Mewtwo from getting in without Back Air. If DK starts spamming Back Air, Mewtwo can shadowball and retreat, and it becomes a camping match with Mewtwo controlling more space in front of him.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
DK does NOT counter mewtwo..

meta.. from your knowledge, you should know that Eric has a good DK, just as he is good with so many other characters. basing my response on matches with him. DK does NOT counter mewtwo.

mewtwo is much faster than DK anyway.

DK has no projectile, meaning mewtwo has all the room and freedom he needs to wavedash and implement effective mindgames.

DK also is a nice huge target with good weight that makes him eat mewtwo combos.

DK's killer combo. Grab > piggyback > edge > fthrow > secondjump > UpB back to stage.
doesnt work on mewtwo. (wow i dont any dk terms, but thats basicly what he does and kills characters with bad recoveries)

it goes on o.o

King Kong

Smash Lord
DK vs Mewtwo is fairly one sided.

DK has a massive range advantage. His tilts, forward and back aerials and punch out range Mewtwo.

Combos. Yeah, Mewtwo has some nice stuff thanks to DK's big hotbox and falling speed, but DK's combos on Mewtwo are better.

U-air. This move kills Mewtwo, big time.

DK has many low percent K.O options on Mewtwo (U-air, Punch, Up.B, F-air) while Mewtwo has what, U-throw at 120%?+, F-air at 100%+? He has other situational kill options of course but nothing solid. DK should live well over 100% each stock.

Basically, mewtwo is a big character who is easy to combo and dies off the top easily.

Or DK can just sit back and spam B-air.

Mewtwo has nice stuff in this matchup but DK has more. I recall a while back Umbreon Mow and Mookie Rah both saying that DK is one of the toughest matches for Mewtwo. (But dont hold me to it, people change their minds)

Airo, DK's 'killer combo' on Mewtwo dosnt invlove F-air. He simply cargoes into U-throw into U-air. Thats DK's 'floaty killer combo'

peace out

Airo

Smash Lord
ill see if i can record a match on a good gorilla.. from there. we can make more analysis.
i just never recall having a hard time against DK.

the major pains i experience are all from falco or marth. especially marth =.=

on a side:
dk's bair spam doesnt really give pressure on mewtwo. mewtwo's movement massivly out runs DKs. mewtwo wont be eating any bairs unless he runs into it. Mewtwo's speed makes him capable of timing dtilts to intercept DK while he lands. or intercept with a timed nair.

once you have a dtilt started. double fairs rip out large chunks of damage.

refering to phanna's counter chart. according to his expertise. he says that the match up is a 5-4 in DK's favour.

King Kong

Smash Lord
ill see if i can record a match on a good gorilla.. from there. we can make more analysis.
i just never recall having a hard time against DK.

the major pains i experience are all from falco or marth. especially marth =.=

on a side:
dk's bair spam doesnt really give pressure on mewtwo. mewtwo's movement massivly out runs DKs. mewtwo wont be eating any bairs unless he runs into it. Mewtwo's speed makes him capable of timing dtilts to intercept DK while he lands. or intercept with a timed nair.

once you have a dtilt started. double fairs rip out large chunks of damage.

refering to phanna's counter chart. according to his expertise. he says that the match up is a 5-4 in DK's favour.

Yeah, im going to a big tourney next week and the best mewtwo in Aus will be there. If i can get some matches recorded i'll post em here.

To an extent mewtwos wavedash does allow him to outpace DK. Its not a huge deal though.

Double fairs do inflict damage, but thats all they do. DK's aerials kill Mewtwo.

peace out

dguy6789

Smash Lord
DK definitely does not even come close to countering Mewtwo. I find it to be a matchup that is slightly on the easier side of things. That is not to say a good DK has no chance of beating a good M2. From my experience, DK is a normal fight with nothing in specific that makes it more difficult than it should be.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Yeah it's not as though every other character doesn't already have some way to kill Mewtwo at low percentages and keep Mewtwo at bay = / Mewtwo players should be more than used to that by now.

I find DK ridiculously easy to tech-chase and get damage on him. DK is pretty much limited to his grab and Down Air to get strong combos off. When Mewtwo does something, he can get huge amounts of damage off.

Up Throw kills DK at 140% in my experience. Mewtwo doesn't always need this option. He can get kills with Forward Air and Shadowball, which both kill lower.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah it's not as though every other character doesn't already have some way to kill Mewtwo at low percentages and keep Mewtwo at bay = / Mewtwo players should be more than used to that by now.

I find DK ridiculously easy to tech-chase and get damage on him. DK is pretty much limited to his grab and Down Air to get strong combos off. When Mewtwo does something, he can get huge amounts of damage off.

Up Throw kills DK at 140% in my experience. Mewtwo doesn't always need this option. He can get kills with Forward Air and Shadowball, which both kill lower.
MetaKnight0 cited a pretty strong point here. DK is very easy to tech-chase and has a gigantic hitbox; also, the monkey's stronger combos are usually insinuated through throws and that's something that an experienced Mewtwo player can keep the hell away from.

Mewtwo can play "keep away" with some of the better characters in Smash if used properly; Lord only knows how many times I've been pinged with small Shadowballs and don't realize just how high of a percentage I'm at before the Mewtwo demolishes me with an F-air or a well-placed throw. His N-air is also pretty nasty, too, and is a pretty good way to begin or end a combo.

You throw DK into this sorta formula and, needless to say, he's gonna be in alotta trouble.

D

Deleted member

That Mike v Mow video is so **** old. Mow's improved a ****load (obviously), it's irrelevent to talk about that video now.
For the record, that was in my better days. I beat a lot of talented people the same day with mewtwo, including a lot of the WC guys that went and half of DA when they were in their prime (Dave, little Mike, Raffy, ect).

In reference to this match, it's really, really hard. It's devoid of combos since DK can up B away from most anything other than low % dtilt slap, which can be crouched of course. Speaking of crouch, DK can crouch just about everything till 80. Now DK can't combo mewtwo well either but he has a combo that works on mewtwo from 0 until it kills him: cargo upthrow upair. DK is faster than mewtwo, generally, and can also dashdance grab camp well. Shadowballs don't do **** to DK cause he's heavy and many of his attacks beat it. Mewtwo also has no simple solution to kill DK.

as for openings they're about even. DK then wins in speed, priority, weight, power, range. And combos slightly, as his 1 combo on mewtwo goes till it KOs, where dtilt slap isn't as reliable. Not a combo heavy match.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
It's pretty clear from what you guys are saying that none of you plays a good DK yourself nor as an opponent. King Kong is exactly right. DK has a pretty fair advantage in this match-up.

DK kills Mewtwo so quickly it's crazy.

Mewtwo doesn't combo DK all that well. Grab>double f-air at best. And that won't kill DK until higher damages.

Mewtwo has to come close to do combos or kill. (No one with any skill will let a long range shadowball hit them.)

DK has more power and quickness up close, minus Mewtwo's n-air. But spamming that is never a good idea. The DK will just start to play a bit defensivly and counter it when you land or b-air you out of it.

B-air, u-air, f-air, u-b, punch, d-smash all KO Mewtwo at pretty low persents in respect to when Mewtwo can kill DK. (B-air usually needs to be near the edge or doubled up on while off the edge.)

The only real advantage Mewtwo has in this match-up is that he can run away. But he has no spammable projectile so running away just delays the inevitable.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Rusty Shacklefurd and I got into a big argument about this recently. He says that DK is a strong counter against Mewtwo (without any supporting evidence of course, he's pretty illogical). I am asking this because he was whining and b!tching about how my friend Matt (a very good DK) chooses DK because he counters Mewtwo. This is not a joke, he's actually really serious, and was getting very angry about this. My response was that Mewtwo is just a bad character and gets countered by everyone, and no nne in specific; DK has nothing in specific on Mewtwo. Could somebody please provide some evidence for Rusty's [********] claims?
Well, in one way you are right. Mewtwo is countered by almost everyone at least slightly. DK isn't the only, or the best Mewtwo counter either. But if someone's best character is DK, he might as well play DK vs. Mewtwo because it's one matchup he definitely has an advantage in.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Uthrow to Uair = 0 to death??

not possible? what about DI? what about floatiness.

i can hardly recall DK doing anything more than 2 hit combos
What Mow means is that anytime DK gets a grab he can Cargo/U-throw/U-air and hit mewtwo. At lower percents it adds damage at higher percents it kills.

DK has plenty of combos on floaties. Like Buttcrust said, mewtwo dies FAST to DK.

peace out

Airo

Smash Lord
fair enough with the dk combos. it seems we really need a video for analysis.

buttcrust said:
It's pretty clear from what you guys are saying that none of you plays a good DK yourself nor as an opponent. King Kong is exactly right. DK has a pretty fair advantage in this match-up.

DK kills Mewtwo so quickly it's crazy.

Mewtwo doesn't combo DK all that well. Grab>double f-air at best. And that won't kill DK until higher damages.

Mewtwo has to come close to do combos or kill. (No one with any skill will let a long range shadowball hit them.)

DK has more power and quickness up close, minus Mewtwo's n-air. But spamming that is never a good idea. The DK will just start to play a bit defensivly and counter it when you land or b-air you out of it.

B-air, u-air, f-air, u-b, punch, d-smash all KO Mewtwo at pretty low persents in respect to when Mewtwo can kill DK. (B-air usually needs to be near the edge or doubled up on while off the edge.)

The only real advantage Mewtwo has in this match-up is that he can run away. But he has no spammable projectile so running away just delays the inevitable.
grab> double fair isnt a combo btw.
however dthrow > techchase is very very easy on DK.

on another note. dtilt > double fair > another aerial is a strait out 40% easy combo.

you make mewtwo sound very incapable of mindgames.
mewtwo's wavedashes makes his ground speed fast enough to use that purely as an approch against anyone with no projectiles.

DK's approaches are nothing to mewtwo compared to the other characters he needs to face.

DK cant grab fast enough to be deadly. His aerials are not mobile enough to put any pressure on mewtwo. as long as the mewtwo has fluent movements, simple spacing and dtilt works effectively.

peace

Metà

Smash Master
What Mow means is that anytime DK gets a grab he can Cargo/U-throw/U-air and hit mewtwo. At lower percents it adds damage at higher percents it kills.

DK has plenty of combos on floaties. Like Buttcrust said, mewtwo dies FAST to DK.

peace out
A good Mewtwo shouldn't get grabbed very much by DK.

King Kong

Smash Lord
DK's approaches are nothing to mewtwo compared to the other characters he needs to face.

DK cant grab fast enough to be deadly. His aerials are not mobile enough to put any pressure on mewtwo. as long as the mewtwo has fluent movements, simple spacing and dtilt works effectively.

peace
? - What do you mean? DK's game is grabs. DK's jump cancelled grab is very quick and he has a fast dash and plenty of speed.

Mindgames are player specific and dont really influence a specific matchup. You cant say Mewtwo will beat DK with mindgames cos the DK player is also using mindgames.

Like Mow said, DK wins in range, power, and weight also in KO ability.

And exactly what approaches are these that are nothing to mewtwo?

peace out

D

Deleted member

A good Mewtwo shouldn't get grabbed very much by DK.
flawed/10. Nice try though. "Don't get grabbed or hit" by "being good" makes no sense, as a good DK player can still grab a good mewtwo. If good players didn't get grabbed then they wouldn't even bother using them.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Post deleted. That was some dumb ****. Summarized.

Mow: Even if it was your prime (probably was, not going to say otherwise), the metagame was definitely different and almost certainly weaker than it is today. Point is, analyzing that match to create opinions for today's matchups is a moot point.

Can anyone explain to me why DK is faster than Mewtwo. I'm not going to lie; it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time and unless someone tells me some solid reasons I'm calling bull**** on it.

D

Deleted member

well, DK's shuffles dash and WD are all about the same as mewtwo's/ mewtwo might have a DJC but DK's attacks are faster, generally.

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, Mewtwo doesn't dash, he wavedashes, and his WD is a helluvalot better than DK's. Mewtwo wavedashes circles around DK, and he has over superior mobility. Plus, SH-teleports, anyone? =P

King Kong

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mewtwo doesn't dash, he wavedashes, and his WD is a helluvalot better than DK's. Mewtwo wavedashes circles around DK, and he has over superior mobility. Plus, SH-teleports, anyone? =P
What good is wavedashing into range when your opponent has faster attacks than you?

DK has faster aerial movement and approach, also better dash dance, attacks come out faster and has a better L-cancel aerial game than mewtwo.

Wavedashing around the stage gives you faster ground horizontal movement, thats all. That wont compensate for all the other ways in which DK is faster than mewtwo.

Half the match is spent in the air, and DK's air game is far superior to mewtwos.

peace out

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Most of DK's attacks may be faster, but that most certainly does not mean that Mewtwo has no way of being quick as well. One could probably bet that both Mewtwo's neutral air and his forward air are faster in activation time than anything DK has at all. The problem with these moves is their range. The range problem is easily dealt with though. You simply have to move faster than your opponent and be on top of them before they can react, and that is a question of skill, not really character.

Mewtwo's up air and back air have very nice range. The problem is many Mewtwo players don't take full advantage of the range and get too close when performing the attacks. I would say that proper bair play can be at least equal with anything DK would do in the air.

DK may have a better combination of quickness and range in the air, but I can assure you that it is not so much better that it will decide the match on its own, not by a long shot.

Mewtwo also has something DK does not have. A variable that can completely disrupt an opponent's combo or cause them to pause long enough for you to take advantage of it; projectiles. Proper use of the shadow ball can completely nullify the effects of an opponent's superior air game(and land game) to the point where it doesn't even matter anymore. Having a shadow ball fully charged up is a mind game in and of itself. The enemy will alter their approaches drastically, unless they desire to get smacked right off the map. With this altered approach, the enemy has a higher chance of making mistakes.

With the speed that is possible with Mewtwo, you also have the ability of avoiding everything DK does much easier than when fighting faster character. This is a very serious advantage that should not be underestimated. With no projectiles to worry about, it makes the dodging and out manuevering that much easier. If everytime the enemy attacks, he misses, then that is a serious problem, no?

For other miscellaneous information; forward tilt and down tilt both have impressive enough range and speed to deal with DK on the ground without trouble. DK might have greater aerial transversal, but as a character, overall, Mewtwo is definitely the faster of the two.

Yes, DK has some advantages, but he has nothing that will automatically make him win any match against Mewtwo.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Most of DK's attacks may be faster, but that most certainly does not mean that Mewtwo has no way of being quick as well. One could probably bet that both Mewtwo's neutral air and his forward air are faster in activation time than anything DK has at all. The problem with these moves is their range. The range problem is easily dealt with though. You simply have to move faster than your opponent and be on top of them before they can react, and that is a question of skill, not really character.

Mewtwo's up air and back air have very nice range. The problem is many Mewtwo players don't take full advantage of the range and get too close when performing the attacks. I would say that proper bair play can be at least equal with anything DK would do in the air.

DK may have a better combination of quickness and range in the air, but I can assure you that it is not so much better that it will decide the match on its own, not by a long shot.

Mewtwo also has something DK does not have. A variable that can completely disrupt an opponent's combo or cause them to pause long enough for you to take advantage of it; projectiles. Proper use of the shadow ball can completely nullify the effects of an opponent's superior air game(and land game) to the point where it doesn't even matter anymore. Having a shadow ball fully charged up is a mind game in and of itself. The enemy will alter their approaches drastically, unless they desire to get smacked right off the map. With this altered approach, the enemy has a higher chance of making mistakes.

With the speed that is possible with Mewtwo, you also have the ability of avoiding everything DK does much easier than when fighting faster character. This is a very serious advantage that should not be underestimated. With no projectiles to worry about, it makes the dodging and out manuevering that much easier. If everytime the enemy attacks, he misses, then that is a serious problem, no?

For other miscellaneous information; forward tilt and down tilt both have impressive enough range and speed to deal with DK on the ground without trouble. DK might have greater aerial transversal, but as a character, overall, Mewtwo is definitely the faster of the two.

Yes, DK has some advantages, but he has nothing that will automatically make him win any match against Mewtwo.

Of course DK has nothing that gives him an 'automatic' win vs mewtwo, but when you're talking about a matchup you have to consider that:

1: Both players are of an equal level of skill.

2: As such, both players will make more or less an equal number of mistakes and win an equal number of approaches.

3: Now consider which character can better punish mistakes. In this case its DK, hands down, one grab at a higher percent and mewtwo is dead, and he has the ability to kill mewtwo at far lower percents than mewtwo can kill him.

4: Now consider variables. DK has an advantage in range, attack speed, aerial movement, combos, approaches, K.O's and weight.

And the giant punch >>>>> Shadowball

DK's B-air eats mewtwos. Though I must say good mewtwos have killed me by doing consecutive B-airs offstage to edgehog.

A lot of the points made in Mewtwos defence are based on the skill of the player. And of course if you can outwit and outplay the DK then you'll win. However in a match of equals this is DK's game.

LOL, i dont think i've ever argued or posted this much in a forum before :)

peace out

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Mewtwo moves way faster than DK. Faster mobility ends up becoming the ability to punish more mistakes. DK may punish harder with a bread-and-butter combo, but it's not as though Mewtwo can't tack on a good 30% with a short down tilt x2 to Neutral Air.

DK better than Mewtwo in aerial mobility? LOL. DK has a double-jump and a predictable Up-B that covers you and risks you losing a charged Giant's Punch. Mewtwo has a huge double jump, teleport, DJC, Neutral Air DJC cancels, and tons of other stuff that make Mewtwo hopefully unpredictable and most certainly faster than DK in the air.

DK's moves are only quicker in the air. His ground game is sloth sloth sloth compared to Mewtwo's ridiculously fast Down-Tilt. He can CC Mewtwo, yeah, but other than trades with his Down-Tilt he has no ground game against Mewtwo. In fact, the only things I can think of that can straight out beat Mewtwo's moves are Up Air, Back Air, Grab, and Up B.

I get the feeling you're making an assumption that DK and Mewtwo will always attack straight on, so DK will always win with his higher priority. Rarely how it works. This thing always happens to Mewtwo; some character has an attack that beats Mewtwo's approach straight out, so they think Mewtwo falls for this all the time.

I'm not done but I have to do other stuff for the meanwhile.

D

Deleted member

this forum would lose a lot of it's bias if each player also played against mike's DK.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Yeah. That's what happens in a lot of low tier discussions. Everyone points out the flaws of the low tier character, but then the low tier players try to counter those points, and then point out the weaknesses of whatever character they're matched against.

Thing is, they defend the character that they play and not give similar credit to the high tiered character that they don't play and know inside out >_>;

King Kong

Smash Lord
Mewtwo moves way faster than DK. Faster mobility ends up becoming the ability to punish more mistakes. DK may punish harder with a bread-and-butter combo, but it's not as though Mewtwo can't tack on a good 30% with a short down tilt x2 to Neutral Air.

DK better than Mewtwo in aerial mobility? LOL. DK has a double-jump and a predictable Up-B that covers you and risks you losing a charged Giant's Punch. Mewtwo has a huge double jump, teleport, DJC, Neutral Air DJC cancels, and tons of other stuff that make Mewtwo hopefully unpredictable and most certainly faster than DK in the air.

DK's moves are only quicker in the air. His ground game is sloth sloth sloth compared to Mewtwo's ridiculously fast Down-Tilt. He can CC Mewtwo, yeah, but other than trades with his Down-Tilt he has no ground game against Mewtwo. In fact, the only things I can think of that can straight out beat Mewtwo's moves are Up Air, Back Air, Grab, and Up B.

I get the feeling you're making an assumption that DK and Mewtwo will always attack straight on, so DK will always win with his higher priority. Rarely how it works. This thing always happens to Mewtwo; some character has an attack that beats Mewtwo's approach straight out, so they think Mewtwo falls for this all the time.

I'm not done but I have to do other stuff for the meanwhile.
I dont assume that both characters are always attacking head on lol. Im not even talking about match specific techniques or situations, im only showing the obvious advantages DK has in this matchup.

Yeah, there are soem funky things mewtwo can do in this matchup. But its not enough.

I wouldnt know about losing that charged punch, that glitch was removed in the australian version :)

The BIGGEST problem for Mewtwo may simply be getting kills, its really hard for him. While DK has no problem killing Mewtwo.

And Mows comment is ****ing hilarious. I also know that Mookie Rah lost very badly to Zarelids DK. Shall we say then that good DK players just happen to beat good mewtwos? - its the same here in Aus :chuckle:

This argument is fun

peace out

dguy6789

Smash Lord
First, I have to say I disagree with saying the charge punch is better than shadowball. Shadowball is far more flexible in my opinion and can be used in a whole plethora of situations, including both close range and long range. If someone is worried about Mewtwo's killing power, a charged shadow ball also can be substituted for it.

Saying that Mookierah lost very badly to Zarelids is also a moot point in my opinion. It is very possible that Zarelids is simply a far more skilled player. I am sure I could find a good Donkey Kong player who would lose by the same magnitude to a Mewtwo who had enough of a skill advantage.

Another thing to consider, since good players of both characters are rare, how often have good Mewtwos battled against good Donkey Kongs? Probably not often.

I have battled several people who "main" as Donkey Kong in the past. I can safely say, however, that none of them were anywhere near what any of us would call good. Consequently, I have no direct experience against an awesome DK player. I can also say that many people have probably never faced what one would call a "good" Mewtwo player. Most base their judgements on videos. I feel that one can only obtain a partial at best knowledge of a player's skill via watching a video. You have to play against them one on one to truly be able to appreciate all of the thought that goes into their movements and techniques. I only have limited experience in dealing with highly skilled DK players, and I admit that.

To conclude, I will agree that DK has a general upper hand against Mewtwo. However, I do not see it as being such a difference to be able to decide a matchup based on that solely.

Also, I would not call this an argument. An argument is a childish debate with name calling. This is a discussion. We are civilized people discussing the pros and cons of a specific matchup.

King Kong

Smash Lord
First, I have to say I disagree with saying the charge punch is better than shadowball. Shadowball is far more flexible in my opinion and can be used in a whole plethora of situations, including both close range and long range. If someone is worried about Mewtwo's killing power, a charged shadow ball also can be substituted for it.

Saying that Mookierah lost very badly to Zarelids is also a moot point in my opinion. It is very possible that Zarelids is simply a far more skilled player. I am sure I could find a good Donkey Kong player who would lose by the same magnitude to a Mewtwo who had enough of a skill advantage.

Another thing to consider, since good players of both characters are rare, how often have good Mewtwos battled against good Donkey Kongs? Probably not often.

I have battled several people who "main" as Donkey Kong in the past. I can safely say, however, that none of them were anywhere near what any of us would call good. Consequently, I have no direct experience against an awesome DK player. I can also say that many people have probably never faced what one would call a "good" Mewtwo player. Most base their judgements on videos. I feel that one can only obtain a partial at best knowledge of a player's skill via watching a video. You have to play against them one on one to truly be able to appreciate all of the thought that goes into their movements and techniques. I only have limited experience in dealing with highly skilled DK players, and I admit that.

To conclude, I will agree that DK has a general upper hand against Mewtwo. However, I do not see it as being such a difference to be able to decide a matchup based on that solely.

Also, I would not call this an argument. An argument is a childish debate with name calling. This is a discussion. We are civilized people discussing the pros and cons of a specific matchup.
Well, Mow and Mookie are two of the best mewtwos in the U.S as far as I know so I was just using them as a reference. I guess we wont know unless Bum and Taj play, THAT would be an amazing match.

Anyways i cant compete with your posts, I've been on Uni break for 2 months and my essay writing is a little shaky :)

I also think i've posted enough on this thread :)

peace out

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I would say that Taj is the best Mewtwo with Airo probably being second until I see otherwise. As far as I know, Umbreon has stopped or does not play Mewtwo much anymore, and I have not heard anything about Mookierah at all for months.

Peace.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Summary: I believe DK is at best a soft counter to Mewtwo and equal at worst. The arguments here are convincing enough to me to see that DK does have an advantage. To say DK destroys Mewtwo 5-1 or 5-2 is going way too far. Mewtwo can do more to DK than he can to a lot of the cast (like Zelda or Luigi) and I say he can get in momentum a lot easier than he can other characters.

Top Bottom