• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vakyoom

Smash Rookie
I see, it almost makes it like a Marth Tipper, you get the most damage at the edge of the range and at the end of the animation. That'll make for some great fast-falling action to mix things up.

Thanks for all you're doing for this patch and for you help with zard changes! Keep it up!

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Update Blurb:

Charizard/Peach changed.

Changes not yet noted:
Bug fixes:
Palutena (Super Speed something? Need more info)
Meta Knight (Dimension Cape landing lag; what is it, confirm?)
Sonic (Spring can no longer be pocketed by Villager; confirm?)
Lucario (RCO? On what? Conditions plz)

Only other two things I've commonly read that aren't otherwise noted were:
G&W's up tilt, Falcon's downwards angled forward smash

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I can explain the Lucario RCO glitch.

If Lucario uses Extreme Speed and either glides against the stage or straight up slams into the stage before the window for steering ends, then he receives SIGNIFICANTLY less ending lag. If Lucario then goes airborne after doing this and touches the ground again normally:

- in 1.0.5, he would suffer some landing lag...
- and in 1.0.6, nothing in particular would happen.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'll have to remember that testing method for later. I've tried it a bit more, and I still don't see the difference. But if it's approximately 5 degrees, I don't think my eyes would be good enough to see that anyway.
Try putting your training mod on fixed camera. If you walk up and d-throw 999% Mario from his spawn point as Peach, his trajectory will tough the top of the screen jsut below the "g" in Total Damage if it is 1.0.5. On version 1.0.6, it will touch the first digit in the counter instead.

I've been looking at Samus' homing missiles pretty intensely, and don't see a difference in speed. Both seemed to fly the same distance and flew for the same amount of time, aproximately two seconds.
Hm, yeah, they are exactly the same. Dunno how I let this one slip by; I never tested anything on Samus besides bombs.

I see, it almost makes it like a Marth Tipper, you get the most damage at the edge of the range and at the end of the animation. That'll make for some great fast-falling action to mix things up.
Well, Marth tipper is strictly spacing and has nothing to do with timing; it's two separate hitboxes out at the same time, always in tipper/non-tipper pairs.

This is all timing.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Confirmed no change. Training mode Sheik kills with second hit of f-smash on spawn Diddy at 116% (and not 115%) on both.
...Strange. I am not getting the same numbers as you.

Are you testing on the Wii U in training mode, on the original FD, with the cpu set to 'Control', hitting outwards from the starting spawn location for player two or the respawn in the center? From both spots my numbers are different

95% from starting spawn location
127% from respawn.

._. I know I download the patch all my replays ared dead and it says 1.0.6

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
...Strange. I am not getting the same numbers as you.

Are you testing on the Wii U in training mode, on the original FD, with the cpu set to 'Control', hitting outwards from the starting spawn location for player two or the respawn in the center? From both spots my numbers are different

95% from starting spawn location
127% from respawn.
All my version testing is 3DS, which has different FD blast zones. Hence why I only compare my numbers to each other.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Sonic (Spring can no longer be pocketed by Villager; confirm?)
In 1.06 Villager is incapable of pocketing the spring in any form. In 1.05, I've successfully pocketed Sonic's aerial spring.

Hm, yeah, they are exactly the same. Dunno how I let this one slip by; I never tested anything on Samus besides bombs.

I think the Samus boards are onto something with Samus' Ftilt having different hitboxes. I counted four different damage values on the non-angled Ftilt, based on which part of her leg connected. And in 1.04 frame data, there exists only three. Going from her crotch hitbox to the tip of her toe, the values were 6,5,7, and 8. The new one here is 5, at Samus' knee. And the angled versions of ftilt seem to be uniformly 1% more damage on each of the hitboxes, just like previous versions of the game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can someone confirm that Rock Smash is indeed able to do over 30%?
It's very hard to pull it off but it should do over 30% if all the shards hit the target, I am 100% sure of this. Not that the change is on the list anymore but I'm still curious.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think the Samus boards are onto something with Samus' Ftilt having different hitboxes. I counted four different damage values on the non-angled Ftilt, based on which part of her leg connected. And in 1.04 frame data, there exists only three. Going from her crotch hitbox to the tip of her toe, the values were 6,5,7, and 8. The new one here is 5, at Samus' knee. And the angled versions of ftilt seem to be uniformly 1% more damage on each of the hitboxes, just like previous versions of the game.
Confirmed

Can someone confirm that Rock Smash is indeed able to do over 30%?
It's very hard to pull it off but it should do over 30% if all the shards hit the target, I am 100% sure of this. Not that the change is on the list anymore but I'm still curious.
I can do a max of 29% to super mushroom Bowser on both versions.

Might wanna retest Ness's pk flash, I'm fairly certain it did 37% before and I'm absolutely know it does 38% now.
It does 37% now. Only test in training mode.

Last edited:

Mr.ケイ

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure they fixed the timing issues for Marth's Dancing Blade, allowing it to be done more quickly similar to how it was it Brawl. I also think his U-throw may have received a small buff to it's knock back. Not sure though, I don't have the previous version to do comparisons with.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
Um... was Ike's counter buffed, or was ut always this powerful and just a function of the tipper?

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Huh, why does it do 38 in smash?
Because a fresh move (not staled) deals 105% of its actual damage value in actual Smash modes. We test in training mode because moves always perform at 100% of their damage value with no deviation, no move staling, and no rage mode. I believe they made this the case starting with Brawl and I honestly don't know why move staling is programmed this way.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Falcon's down angled fsmash for sure doesn't KO earlier than than the other two. it KOs at ~101% now, 15% later than before and 5% later than no angle fsmash which used to be the weakest KB wise. Still does 20% just like up angle
Confirming this. Kills on 3DS FD spawn Mario at 86%, from 75%. Odd change.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm sure they fixed the timing issues for Marth's Dancing Blade, allowing it to be done more quickly similar to how it was it Brawl. I also think his U-throw may have received a small buff to it's knock back. Not sure though, I don't have the previous version to do comparisons with.
Marth's dancing blade already had jab windows that existed within 2 frames of the hitbox of each strike ending. So I doubt it's actually quicker at all, it already was REALLY quick if input perfectly.
If there is a change, it would be how they decided to revert to Brawl how it was in Melee (and currently in Smash4), in which too early or whatever would "cut you out" from inputting it again. Or it's just confirmation bias.

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I can do a max of 29% to super mushroom Bowser on both versions.
Thanks. I wonder how I have thought it can do 35%, I'm sure I've done something like that but there must have been other irrelevant factors involved.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
I hope Shulk wasn't touched. If someone can be so kind as to check whether Vision (counter) has been changed at all, I'd really appreciate it.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I am still pretty convinced that Samus USmash links better in the new patch, it's consistently getting all hits as a juggle now. Since @ Thinkaman Thinkaman is testing everything maybe he could look at this one?

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I heard Sonic's homing attack now properly targets the player rather than NPC's like Luma or ducks on duck hunts can explosives, @ Thinkaman Thinkaman
EDIT: Misheard this rumored change, thought it was ducks on duck hunt instead of duck hunts cans.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I am still pretty convinced that Samus USmash links better in the new patch, it's consistently getting all hits as a juggle now. Since Thinkaman is testing everything maybe he could look at this one?
It would appear that Usmash and Fair have the auto-link properties now; I was fighting a friend of mine who plays Samus earlier today and got carried back (opposite of previous momentum and held direction) by a retreating Fair. He was also very convinced that Usmash worked better, but only seems to actually link if you hit the 1st hit (later ones send you flying out of the move?)

So basically, seconding the request.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Meta Knight (Dimension Cape landing lag; what is it, confirm?)
In 1.0.5 MK had a glitch where if MK used Dimensional Cape in the air but touched the ground before the animation was over, he would get the grounded Cape ending lag but store Special Fall landing lag until the next time he landed without using a move. No matter how long it was since he last used Dimensional Cape or even if he got attacked, jumped, or grabbed ledge; he would always have that landing lag stored.
http://smashboards.com/threads/down-b-landing-lag-install.393057/
tl;dr: It was an altered version of Brawl's RCO Lag http://www.ssbwiki.com/Landing_lag_glitch

In this patch, they removed that so MK never has to suffer the landing lag.

Pit & Dark Pit also suffer the same glitch if you cancel the ending lag of their aerial side-b on hit (after they uppercut) and land while using a move/air dodge; they have to suffer their side-b landing lag the next time they land.
I tested it and they were both unchanged so it was patched for MK only.

I hope Shulk wasn't touched. If someone can be so kind as to check whether Vision (counter) has been changed at all, I'd really appreciate it.
Vision is still on the waiting list, but I'm 101% sure that Shulk has not changed.

Last edited:

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
This wasnt listed on the first post but can say with 100% certainty that now you cannot go past character select screen if all players are on same team. Before patch you could and it would just turn into a FFA. Used to accidently do this pre patch for stream and now cannot.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
I would like to post this one more time (now after we were done testing):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uA94_Wtmm__VvlmAVvUukmjbjBDT-cTL-I37aYFdfJE/edit

this is everything we found, we couldnt do all characters :(
some of it might be old, but we also found stuff thats not in the startpost yet.. so go ahead and confirm it :D
we testet on two wiiUs (one updated, the other not) and a wavebird controller (connected to both wiiUs)!

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Wait...what tilt thing got patched? This is important.
previously you could tilt the left stick in a direction and tile the smash stick the same direction as the left stick to use tilts

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Shaya Shaya

OP says Peach dthrow and DK neutral B are changed. Are you sure these are correct? I couldn't see a difference to their respective iteration in the previous patch. I also couldn't find any changes for G&W. Unless they removed some obscure oddities or bugs about the character that I didn't know about, he's completely unchanged.

:059:

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc)
Wooooow wtf Nintendo? This tech was hardly game breaking - all it did was offer a nice mix up every now and then to those who could use items (it's even scored me the odd KO in the past.)

:/

Last edited:

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
@ Shaya Shaya

OP says Peach dthrow and DK neutral B are changed. Are you sure these are correct? I couldn't see a difference to their respective iteration in the previous patch. I also couldn't find any changes for G&W. Unless they removed some obscure oddities or bugs about the character that I didn't know about, he's completely unchanged.

Pretty sure thinkaman tested the Peach change and confirmed it was different but only by a few degrees. Feel free to look back a few pages it was pretty recent.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Is there a difference in Stone Scabbard's start-up for the Mii Swordfighter? Mainly, was the amount of invincibility frames during the start-up of the move changed?

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pretty sure thinkaman tested the Peach change and confirmed it was different but only by a few degrees. Feel free to look back a few pages it was pretty recent.
And if Thinkaman told you the earth was a square? He's a human being and he can be wrong on things. Why don't you test it for yourself and see if you can spot a difference? I couldn't - the knockback of Peach's dthrow still looks the same to me and I'd like to have somebody double-check it to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom