• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Do I get this straight? Pit/Dark Pit are still almost on 1.00 niveau after all these changes to the rest of the cast?

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
:4zelda: Zelda
Forward Smash
Loop Hit angles lowered, 60/160 -> 20/170 (Inner hit-box / Outer hit-box.)
I'm afraid to ask, but is this good or bad and why is it?

The Phantom Slash changes also seem like a mixed bag to me.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's nice, at least, to see that the style of buffs/nerfs the developers are doing don't really shake up playstyles or options too much. It doesn't seem like a patch is going to have to make anyone 'relearn the game' or 'switch mains' or anything. Which is good.
Actually, this patch considerably changes the way it's safe to play Bowser. With Bowser having more control over the flying slam, the move is nearly always a safe and desirable option, and that's a substantial change from before where you literally had to be afraid of using it on the same stock because any smart opponent would just kill you with it.

Now, not only can you use it off the stage (for a mix up) and pretty much guarantee that you'll be able to steer yourself back ONTO the stage with it, but if you're a stock ahead and your opponent isn't one of the few who can recover on stages where the opponent pops out of a Bowsercide, you can end the game VERY quickly.

It's ironic because I suspect the Bowsercide salt will be much, MUCH worse than it ever was when Bowser died 2nd...

That said, aside from the control change, anything else that may have changed with Bowser would likely have to be found in the data dump.

Bowser side b now kills both characters when self destructs
It behaves differently on different stages but remains unchanged (so far):
http://smashboards.com/threads/char...om-bowsercide-now-with-dash-slam-info.394471/

To me it looks like Pac man's grab is much quicker.
It isn't. Thinka has tested this.

Last edited:

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
I would like to post this one more time (now after we were done testing):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uA94_Wtmm__VvlmAVvUukmjbjBDT-cTL-I37aYFdfJE/edit

this is everything we found, we couldnt do all characters :(
some of it might be old, but we also found stuff thats not in the startpost yet.. so go ahead and confirm it :D
we testet on two wiiUs (one updated, the other not) and a wavebird controller (connected to both wiiUs)!
i like this methodology -- seems like it would produce the most accurate results.

if you still have this set-up, can you please test these specific scenarios for the :4littlemac: board (in order of importance, with the first being more important and the last being least):

1. side-b (jolt haymaker grounded and aerial) for distance/kb
2. up-b (grounded and aerial) for distance/kb
3. 2nd jump height
4. nair's 'pulling' ability (i.e. whether a connected nair pulls the opponent 'in' more than before)

if you can't do it, no problem, but i don't think we'll be able to get those answers without a set-up like yours. thanks!

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
lol the cycle continues.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman , I didn't see a response on this... are you seeing any differences in the final knockback of Mega Man's uair? it's a weird move to test.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@ Shaya Shaya Maybe we could put up something like a "Busted Changes" section, and note down the major ones that keep popping up confirmed to be wrong like Pac-Man's grab?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I can't replicate this.
I think I figured it out. When I first tested and frame counting I was pressing the button multiple times on whiff. I was getting it to cancel on frame 17, which matches the frame data from 3DS 1.04's data dump. On hit though when I was testing blockstun/start-up I didn't recheck the IASA frames. Which, when mashing the button, is actually frame 10. It is also frame 10 in 1.06, when I was checking multiple times on whiff I was getting 10, 14, 15, around there (oddly nothing between 10 and 14 but I'm going to assume it was me and not the game). The frame 17 is if you hold the button down on hit instead of pressing it repeatedly. And this is the same between both.

My bad. I'll recheck my stuff more thoroughly next time. Disregard the jab 2 change.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Since people keep bringing up Pac-man's grab, I recounted the frames on them.

In 1.02, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

In 1.06, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

Pac-man's grabs are unchanged.

I can post a gif if needed.

sheggy

Smash Rookie
Since people keep bringing up Pac-man's grab, I recounted the frames on them.

In 1.02, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

In 1.06, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

Pac-man's grabs are unchanged.

I can post a gif if needed.
Please do. And then get it posted on the OP so this question isn't asked again and reddit can debunk it too.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Most cameras record at 30FPS by default and miss half the frames. For full accuracy you'd need a camera that'll let you record in slow motion, which at x2 slowness would capture at 60FPS. That or record multiple times and hope that all the footage combined covers all the frames. But it's still a ***** to hold the camera steady and input commands at the same time unless you have a tripod. I can tell you this from experience.
Oh I agree... still make the point that it would be better for somebody to come in with some shred of evidence rather than the repeated "No it's true I confirmed it" after 15 deconfirmations.

I am pretty sure there is no change. Note that this is a very inconsistent hitting move.
Thanks. I've been surprised by a couple of the launch speeds of the move post-patch (which happened to me without me jumping), so I turned from "hm that's probably false" to "...maybe??"

...the move is weird AF though in terms of consistency

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
also, forgot to add to Jr: His Side Smash Hitboxes are now corrected and bigger, it doesnt have a "deadzone" between the drills and Jr. I have tested this and I confirm this

So it's faster when you hit a shield or slower if you don't now? You're not entirely clear.
in 1.0.6: you are faster if you hit someone and hit shield. you are slow if you miss

in older version: you are faster if you hit someone. but you are slow if you hit a shield or if you miss

want a confirmation that it is this way or that I missed that the shield-fast thing is the same in previous too

Last edited:

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Perhaps a bit nitpicky, but the removal of the Wuhu Island boat glitch should really be considered an engine change as opposed to a character change. Ness wasn't the only character who could perform the glitch, and without any noted changes to throws it's likely it was the stage that was fixed.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
This was mentioned a few times but never got a response... Samus' forward air links together better, confirmed or de-confirmed? Same with her up-smash.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Can Mario's U-Smash be tested in knockback? I'd test it myself but I don't have the numbers recorded (Which I'll be doing this weekend.)

This was mentioned a few times but never got a response... Samus' forward air links together better, confirmed or de-confirmed? Same with her up-smash.
Samus' multihits are the same. Only difference is Samus' ftilt having four hitboxes and tipper f-tilt being able to kill at extremely high percents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I don't know, I haven't personally fallen out of Samus USmash once or had anyone fall out of it when I did it, which would be extremely unusual by pre-patch standards.

I have accepted though that we probably need to wait for the frame dump on this because it's otherwise hard to test. Actually, we really just need the frame dump in general.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
For those of you who haven't seen it, there's a lot of reported changes on Reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...v106_patch_notes_compilation/?hc_location=ufi

For example, Donkey Kong
  • Neutral-A is faster
  • Dair is faster
  • Fsmash improved hitbox
  • Side-B breaks fully charged shields
Could someone please test these changes?
All definitely false, except the third which is hard to test. Credible people have suggested it is true, but YMMV.

also, forgot to add to Jr: His Side Smash Hitboxes are now corrected and bigger, it doesnt have a "deadzone" between the drills and Jr. I have tested this and I confirm this
I tentatively confirm this. I still missed some, but a statistically significant amount less. If it's not a real change, the tests were a pretty unlikely fluke.

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Do we have an ETA on the data dump? I haven't been keeping up with that, if there's been any updates on whatever the situation is.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
###Hint###
Everything possible has probably been asked already. Use the in-thread search function, try searching a specific character name (or in some cases an abbreviation; Donkey Kong -> DK)
For things that aren't knock back / hit box changes, the front post is conclusive with just about every character (still need to update Toon Link, Captain Falcon)
Anything on reddit at this stage has been probably tested twelve times and confirmed wrong, not withstanding the previous assertion.
###HINT###

Good morning America. Please don't make me move 500 more posts when I wake up tomorrow. Remember the ~hint~
Is DK's charge punch actually a confirmation bias, starting to get conflicting responses about it?

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
A gif, with both the hit and whiff seems necessary at this point with how many people think this is changed.
Alright, working on it. Top is pre-patch, bottom is post-patch:

Grab whiff:

Dash Grab Whiff:

Grab Hit:

Dash Grab Hit:

Tried to match them up as best as possible with the footage I recorded.

I hope this is proof enough.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
By the way, Sonic's burning spin dash priority was greatly reduced. No longer clashes with projectiles or goes over trip seed (invincibility frames were also removed). But, subjectively, it is much faster now and has smoke with its visual effects.

Also, Doctor Mario's Fsmash has a new particle I feel. I also feel like the hitbox is larger subjectively too.

Doval

Smash Lord
By the way, Sonic's burning spin dash priority was greatly reduced. No longer clashes with projectiles or goes over trip seed (invincibility frames were also removed). But, subjectively, it is much faster now and has smoke with its visual effects.

Also, Doctor Mario's Fsmash has a new particle I feel. I also feel like the hitbox is larger subjectively too.
Does Burning Spin Dash clash with grounded attacks? If they gave it transecendent priority I wouldn't expect it to. I can't imagine how else they'd do this other that making the hitbox much smaller than Sonic's hurtbox.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Does Burning Spin Dash clash with grounded attacks? If they gave it transecendent priority I wouldn't expect it to. I can't imagine how else they'd do this other that making the hitbox much smaller than Sonic's hurtbox.
No it does not. The biggest advantage is that it goes through attacks, but I have not thoroughly tested this now that the priority has been nerfed. It may clash with disjointed hitboxes now.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Updated my post on the previous page with more gifs on Pac-man's grabs. Hopefully that's proof enough that the grab wasn't changed.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Just a small nitpick in the OP @ Shaya Shaya

"Jab Damage increased by 1% (6-9% -> 7-10%)"
Ganon's jab did 4% sour, 6% at arm and 8-9% at full length.

Now it's 6%, 8% and 9-10%.

A 2% difference, and a knockback boost (could kill light weights at 120-130% at edge now).

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I can confirm ROB's up-throw has had a knockback reduce. Used to kill around 120-130% on Ganondorf, now doesn't kill until 145% or so.
Yea I was pretty sad about this, but goodness up throw to up smash is such a clean early percent combo.

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
So they fixed Lylatt, allegedly removed the Wuhu Boat glitch, but left Mario Circuit untouched. That disappoints me.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
  • Tilts/smashes while holding an item has been removed (Link, Megaman, Peach, etc)

Like wtf?! You dun ****ed it up, Sakurai! I would much rather Diddy stay the same as he was than lose this precious, precious AT. What's next? Glide Tossing?!

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Also I think I can confirm that DK's charge punch gets to full charge faster. Originally (Wii U 1.02) I counted 172 frames from start-up until the portrait's eyes flash (indicating full charge). Now I count 144.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
Samus homing missiles have faster speed after the patch. Why was this removed from the OP after several confirmations here on SWF and a confirmation from redding?
Because it was tested side by side and deconfirmed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit & Dark Pit also suffer the same [RCO lag] glitch if you cancel the ending lag of their aerial side-b on hit (after they uppercut) and land while using a move/air dodge; they have to suffer their side-b landing lag the next time they land.
I tested it and they were both unchanged so it was patched for MK only.
Huh? Never heard about that. Can't get it to work either.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
###Hint###
Everything possible has probably been asked already. Use the in-thread search function, try searching a specific character name (or in some cases an abbreviation; Donkey Kong -> DK) [a lot of the false claims posts were thrown in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-patch-dump.399217/ but most deconfirms remained in here]
For things that aren't knock back / hit box changes, the front post is conclusive with just about every character (still need to update Toon Link, Captain Falcon)
Anything on reddit at this stage has been probably tested twelve times and confirmed wrong, not withstanding the previous assertion.
###HINT###

GOOD MORNING AMERICA.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
###Hint###
Everything possible has probably been asked already. Use the in-thread search function, try searching a specific character name (or in some cases an abbreviation; Donkey Kong -> DK) [a lot of the false claims posts were thrown in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-patch-dump.399217/ but most deconfirms remained in here]
###HINT###

GOOD MORNING AMERICA.
Well, thank goodness that people like you are keeping on top of it... Even if it brings more bad news than good.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Samus homing missiles have faster speed after the patch. Why was this removed from the OP after several confirmations here on SWF and a confirmation from redding?
Multiple people, including myself, deconfirmed it side-by-side.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I am one of the people that deconfirmed this with side by side examinations. No change in speed, distance, or flight length were found with either type of missile. And at this point, "confirmation from reddit" is a set of dirty words. Please take care to confirm changes yourself if you want them added to this thread. And it's "Smashboards" now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom