• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doval

Smash Lord
Aah so you mean the stock multiplier for aura. I didn't know it was changed from Brawl. It's not like his aura requires any buffs though, if anything it should be removed as it's a dumb mechanic that rewards losing.
That would be true if it weren't for the fact that: you'll be at high %'s multiple times in a match regardless of whether you're winning or losing; the less you suck, the longer you'll last at high %s; and trying to get ahead by deliberately falling behind is the stupidest possible strategy.

The only thing it rewards is not dying, but that's kind of the point of the game to begin with.

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
what exactly is the change to Bowser's side b? I don't understand what it means by what it's saying

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That would be true if it weren't for the fact that: you'll be at high %'s multiple times in a match regardless of whether you're winning or losing; the less you suck, the longer you'll last at high %s; and trying to get ahead by deliberately falling behind is the stupidest possible strategy.

The only thing it rewards is not dying, but that's kind of the point of the game to begin with.
Truth.
I'm just salty...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Little Mac's Jolt Haymaker (Forward-B) was given a knockback increase:

https://youtu.be/Sf4j5auPau0?t=4m54s

What Chibo has listed as a slight angle change is due to the fact that Jolt Haymaker has the Sakurai angle, which sends people at a low angle at lower knockback values (~20 degrees) and sends people at higher knockback values the more knockback is incurred (~40 degrees at high percents). Testing suggests that they didn't change it to a static angle, so it's most certainly some kind of knockback increase.

Jolt Haymaker (hit)
Frame 1- 5: 14% 25b/95g (KO@ 130%) 361° 1.2-Hitlag
Max Damage: 14%

Last edited:

Doval

Smash Lord
what exactly is the change to Bowser's side b? I don't understand what it means by what it's saying
If I recall correctly Bowser used to need a large % lead to not lose control, which would let the opponent take you off stage. I think someone reported Bowser now has to be like 30% behind for the opponent to take control. I'm sure you can find the info by searching the thread.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
It might be a good idea to create a new temporary sticky just above this one that debunks frequently brought up remarks, ESPECIALLY the damage "changes" due to fresh bonus.
A title that's something along the lines of "Please Read BEFORE Posting Patch Changes".

You know, if all of the placebo posts clogging the place up are still a problem. ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Apparently, there are some changes to Wario Bike's bounce physics.

I hear that this no longer happens, for all it's worth:

https://youtu.be/oarAmfQ_61U?t=6s

Probably prevents the situation where hitting a moving bike causes it to start moving in the opposite direction, too, but I can't confirm that.

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Is it confirmed that CPU set to stop will DI now? Would make me feel better about the Zard dthrow/Rising Cyclone "placebos" that I definitely tested side by side.
If you need to test without DI on 3DS or without setting the CPU to control for whatever reason just set the speed to one of the ones that pause if you aren't holding L.
Initiate the desired attack, pause by letting go of L, enter the Training settings menu pressing start, then hold L again.
No character input is read while in the Traing menu, so it won't matter if they can DI or not.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
can someone confirm/deconfirm less landing lag on Lucina's and Marth's Bair? not sure if it has been brought it up yet (didn't read ALL 31 pages), the placebo might be working on me
It's been deconfirmed, Marth and Lucina has the same amount of frames in all of their aerials and attacks in general. Dancing Blade MAY have some frame data buffs to explain how it's much more consistent, but it definitely doesn't look like that is the case and rather something else is making DB much better.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I wrote this thread about ten days before the patch to chronicle just how much the move favors the victim. I've since added new values to coincide with 1.06, but you can find a spoiler tab with the old pre-patch values in order to compare. It's a massive difference. Now Bowser can force suicides far easier, and the chances of him being forced over the edge by the opponent are much more slim. The move affords so much control now, that it would be outright overpowered if they fixed the move to kill the victim first like in other smash games, but that's another topic entirely.

The OP named the move Koopa Klaw, which is what the move was called in Melee. It should actually be called Flying Slam. But that's a nitpick.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Probably prevents the situation where hitting a moving bike causes it to start moving in the opposite direction, too, but I can't confirm that.
This can also happen when Wario gets hit after jumping off the bike. It's really weird but I didn't actually test whether it's still in the game or not. I only tested moves, not the attributes of the bike.

:059:

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
Once again, they fixed the ceiling glitch on Mario Circuit.

Please add it to the list, it may even make it legal.

Thank you.
Deconfirmed. I replicated it during the anti-gravity transition. I haven't managed to replicate the glitch when the race course goes from being a background to being a ceiling.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I need someone else to test this because I have no way of doing a direct comparison.

I believe the probability of a character using a matchup specific victory quote(i.e. Fox vs. Falco), PROVIDED the correct victory pose is chosen(each special quote is assigned to only one victory pose) is much higher now. When I was testing out which poses trigger the quotes, I did each pose three times to check this out and they almost never used their stock victory quote. Pre-patch, I remember the odds of this being around 50%, but now it feels closer to 80%-90%.

On 3DS, you can hold the following directions on the DPad before the victory screen shows up to influence which victory pose you get. On WiiU, I don't believe there's any way to do so, but I'm going to test that again soon:

Palutena vs. Pit: Left
Palutena vs. Dark Pit: Up
Dark Pit vs. Pit: Right
Lucina vs. Marth: Right
Lucina vs. Ike: Up
Robin(Male) vs. Lucina: Left
Robin(Female) vs. Lucina: Right
Fox vs. Falco: Left
Falco vs. Fox: Left

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Can anyone confirm if Zelda's up smash got the same treatment her forward smash did in terms of trapping opponents better? I don't remember anyone talking about it. I know it's a tough thing to test so I understand if we don't know for sure as of right now.
It allegedly has. Her Usmash seems to connect better between the multi-hits, but it is still quite janky and not as reliable as Fsmash. Fsmash has been returned to its almost-former glory.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
The vertical knockback of Captain Falcon's back throw has been reduced. Proof (from Chibo's video):

Last edited:

Vakyoom

Smash Rookie
It appears that we need a side-by-side test of Fly KO %'s on charizard with a Wii U, this may be some other kind of change as opposed to a simple knockback increase(though it seems unlikely).

There is a clear difference in the KO %'s on the 3ds from 1.0.5 -> 1.0.6 but i've been unable to confirm as my Wii U updated without me telling it to...

If someone can do that test to see the lowest % Fly KO's at on the 2 different version on a Wii U that would be stellar.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
idk why but i can't f smash luma away from the stage post patch anymore with megaman. maybe luma has got armor buffed. also, i charged f smash fully charged, and luma charged at me, and luma went through, like it had superarmor

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
More specific Samus changes (see video, best example is at 8:10 when he shoots bast mario and you see the top one blow up first, also at 9:55)

Super missiles are in fact faster. Super missile -> CS used to give a combo at 0% in training but now it doesn't.

Ftilt:
The hitboxes go 6/5/7/8 near to far for neutral and 7/6/8/9 for angled near to far. It used to be 6/7 and 7/8. The knockback is also stronger. The 8% hitbox on neutral and tilted kill at the exact same percents as ROB's 8% hit on ftilt. I'd bet my bottom dollar, base and knockback growth have switched from 15b/90g to 30b/100g for the 6, 7, and 8 boxes for neutral and the 7, 8, and 9 boxes for angled. The sour spot (5% for neutral) has much less knockback than ROB's 5% hit on ftilt. I'm not sure what the knockback is on the new sour spot.

Last edited:

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
no, the first grab its closer
agreed, that's a poor showing of differences. It's clear that the 2nd grab is a pace to the left of the 1st one.
You are missing the point of the video. Each throw is one video (1.0.6) layered on top of another (1.0.2). The Mario thrown in 1.0.6 hits the ground first with the exact same input.

This is something Chibo's video already confirmed, I just felt like making an overlay to show the exact difference because it looks cool.

Last edited:

Vakyoom

Smash Rookie
You are missing the point of the video. Each throw is one video (1.0.6) layered on top of another (1.0.2). The Mario thrown in 1.0.6 hits the ground first with the exact same input.

This is something Chibo's video already confirmed, I just felt like making an overlay to show the exact difference because it looks cool.
I see, my bad lol

Zionaze

Smash Ace
The random turnaround for warios bike glitch is still in. You can manually do this by breversing bite as soon as you get off

Unowninator

Smash Cadet
Bowsercide now results in Sudden Death. Look up my replay on the server. Search for United States, For Glory, Palutena's Temple, and either Bowser or Mewtwo.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Bowsercide now results in Sudden Death. Look up my replay on the server. Search for United States, For Glory, Palutena's Temple, and either Bowser or Mewtwo.
Can you confirm that it's true for every stage? Rather than just Palutena's Temple? Bowsercide's main issue is that it counts as a Sudden Death at some stages and a loss at others.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Can you confirm that it's true for every stage? Rather than just Palutena's Temple? Bowsercide's main issue is that it counts as a Sudden Death at some stages and a loss at others.
Just tested, it still KO's Bowser first on at least Battlefield.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
It is indeed stage dependent. Heck, it's even stage dependent in regards to Omega stages. We don't really have a good, normal stage list with all the stages, because it's also dependent on the current phase of the stage as well. For instance, Phase 1 of Castle Siege results in sudden death, but Phase 3 kills Bowser first and releases the victim before death. And I don't want to check every phase and transition for stages like Mario Circuit and Pac-Land.

You can see why Bowser mains call this a bug, right?

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Deconfirmed. I replicated it during the anti-gravity transition. I haven't managed to replicate the glitch when the race course goes from being a background to being a ceiling.
You're right. I'm sorry.

I'm also upset, I want that stage to work so badly.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Updated again, not that many things have been confirmed real. Cleared up crap again too.

I will say this, from this point forward if you post a feel that's been felt before, you're getting an infraction. Use the search feature. If you've spotted something that apparently no one else has spotted, ask the related character board first.
The first post is relatively conclusive on all major changes we can easily find.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-patch-dump.399217/ also exists for the feels.

If a move has less damage, it's knockback / kill percent is going to change too

Due to the amount of crap, anything that has been "confirmed" properly since has been ignored by me. If you've got something CONCLUSIVE then please re-post it, thanks.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Shaya Shaya Whenever the frame data is revealed and we have an explanation as to why Marth's Dancing Blade (if nothing else) works the way it does, can you please put a section for Marth stating it rather than putting it on the bottom?

It's such an important buff for Marth that I believe anybody looking at the patch later on should see to understand that Marth got a change that's far more than trivial, which is what putting him at the bottom would imply. I know you're not doing it now just for confirmation reasons, but just advise for when the proof is given!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Shaya Shaya

:4darkpit::4pit:
- (Bugfix) No longer clips through sloped terrain when using ledge getup attack as someone else grabs the ledge. (1.0.5) (1.0.6)

:4ganondorf:
- Jab numbers were actually changed from 4/6/8% to 4/7/10%, not sure where the numbers given in the OP came from. Used each hitbox for 10+ consecutive hits, found no decimals.

:4myfriends:
- (Bugfix) Ike's Aether Drive now behaves normally when slowed down in training or via item effects (1.0.4, x1/4 speed in training sped up; this may have been fixed in 1.0.5?)

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
here are some other changes to sonic that the sonic boards have found

Nerfs
-Aerial Spin Dash/Charge are now single hit moves instead of multi-hit
-Spin dash and Spin Charge jumping hitbox damage reduced from 6% > 3%
-Spin charge roll damage reduced from 3% > 2%
-Knock back reduction on both Utilt and Dair's Meteor hitbox (tested vs mario where pre patch we could dair and footstool off mario starting from around 45% for kills which we can't do anymore)

Buffs
-Throwing an item while in free fall after an up-b and just before hit the ground reset the characters ability to use his special and no longer retains his free fall state.
-Fixed a bug where hitting opponents with Spin Dashes hop and turning towards the ledge or hitting with an uncharged aerial Spin Charge and rolling off the ledge would cause the character to float in midair while continuing the move.
-No longer slows down when attempting to turn around while running or from a foxtrot (unconfirmed)

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
Unsure if official tips can be trusted or not, but a tip on the latest patch told me that Zelda's Phantom takes 10 seconds to regenerate after destruction, not 9.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Found a bugfix. Previously on slopes where Duck Hunt is lower than Link, if Link lands a grab and is holding Duck Hunt, his pummel would miss entirely.

This has been fixed, Duck Hunt is now held a bit higher on slopes when Link grabs him so the pummel actually hits him.

I'm not sure if this is a Duck Hunt change or a Link change though.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Found a bugfix. Previously on slopes where Duck Hunt is lower than Link, if Link lands a grab and is holding Duck Hunt, his pummel would miss entirely.

This has been fixed, Duck Hunt is now held a bit higher on slopes when Link grabs him so the pummel actually hits him.

I'm not sure if this is a Duck Hunt change or a Link change though.
So, I guess Nintendo does condone animal abuse.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
@ Shaya Shaya I'm not sure it's actually important enough to go in the OP, but Ganon's U-throw, B-throw, and F-throw got their hitlag mechanics changed (all of those throws are two hits, a hit and a throw. previously the hit had a lot of hitlag, now it has very little) in a way that technically makes the throw faster, though I don't think he has any more frame advantage than he had previously. This has been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom