• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Megaman's Double Danger Wrap glitch seems fixed, though I was trying to test it mid-match and my methodology may have just been off.

Major Kater

Smash Rookie
Fox's laser's damage feels to have been nerfed slightly. Was 3% at close range, now only 2%, and I think significantly lower at medium/far range as well.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Fox's laser's damage feels to have been nerfed slightly. Was 3% at close range, now only 2%, and I think significantly lower at medium/far range as well.
No, I'm getting the same damage values. The blaster deals three possible amounts of damage. 3% at close range, 2% at mid range, and 1.4 at long range. Everything seems to be intact.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Uh, about this change:
Super Speed Momentum being maintained after jump cancels removed

I might be insane or something, but I'm almost certain this is incorrect. I'm doing Super Speed > Jump right now and I'm still flying around all over the place like some crazy lady.

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
so I see Diddy has a question mark next to his knock back reduction, has anyone else looked into this? I'm holding off on downloading the patch for now.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Uh, about this change:
Super Speed Momentum being maintained after jump cancels removed

I might be insane or something, but I'm almost certain this is incorrect. I'm doing Super Speed > Jump right now and I'm still flying around all over the place like some crazy lady.
This specifically refers to the bug where doing a jump cancelled move (like u-smash) during Super Speed would store the momentum boost and apply it to your next (normal, non-Super Speed) jump.

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
Since we're reconfirming... Over at the Kirby boards, we've determined that U-smash and D-smash have stronger knockback.

:4kirby:
Compared using two 3DS with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 side by side against Mario on FD:
U-smash KO: (116 --> 105)
D-smash KO: (119 --> 114)

Post and thread for reference:
http://smashboards.com/threads/kirby-1-0-6-patch-notes.399077/#post-18996372
I made a post about this back on page like 12, and since then I've seen it posted a few times in this thread and seemingly ignored. Quoting to make sure it finally gets noticed.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I've found something somewhat interesting. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I feel it's at least worth acknowledging. This has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay whatsoever.

So Smash Bros has a Positional Sound System, which basically means that a sound's speed, clarity, pitch, and length can be affected by where and what the sound comes out of. So obviously, if a player gets killed in the right blast zone, your going to hear most of the explosion sound out of the right speaker, and barely hear it in the left. Simple stuff.

In previous versions, when a person lost their last stock and triggers the "Game!" screen, you would hear the explosion sound where it came from, obviously. However, after a second or so, for some strange reason, the sound reset itself to the center of the screen.

Technical mumbo jumbo: If I had to guess, Smash makes the explosion sound come out of the blast zone, and not the character. Which means that for some reason, the game thinks someone died in the center of the screen. Which is really weird, and sounds weird too. Another theory is that in order to make it so you can't die after the "Game!" screen occurs, the game simply destroys the blast zones to get rid of them, so that's why the sound sets itself to the center of the screen, because it has nowhere/no object to set itself to. Anyways, that's my guess.

All I've got to say is that that's been fixed, which makes me happy.

TL;DR: When a game ends, the blast zone sound comes out of one side of screen, but then comes out of the middle. It's been fixed.

Last edited:

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Yeah, there are a number of different audio tweaks that I've noticed. If you're using crappy TV speakers, they probably aren't very noticeable, though.

create314

Smash Rookie
On Twitter, Japanese player SnakeHeart is claiming that frame cancelling, which was previously only performable on hit, is now performable on shield as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

muskilh

Smash Rookie
Before the patch if you're playing with (most) items on but food off, the golden party ball used to be empty pretty frequently. It seems like now it contains other items more often

YoshiFan3

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoshiFan3YT
Sadly, I found that in 1.0.6, the Wario Bike bouncing thing doesn't work. May it rest in peace.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
On Twitter, Japanese player SnakeHeart is claiming that frame cancelling, which was previously only performable on hit, is now performable on shield as well. Can anyone confirm this?
I felt that it did after bowser jrs dair was changed, at first I thought it was a bowser jr change but I think it's something mechanically changing

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
It should be noted that the buff to Link's Spin Attack only applies to the front hit. The back hit still only does 12% uncharged, 19% charged.

Also the back hit was altered to play a different sound effect. Originally it played the strong sword hit fx, same as the front hit; now it plays a weaker one, even at full charge. Knockback appears to remain the same though, near as I can tell.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ness's Back Air had it's KB Reduced.
PK Fire end animation got increased endlag.
Ness's misgrab animation got more endlag.
These patch threads give me so much life.

"[Completely unchanged character] fair has more lag. Dair has more lag. Fsmash kills much later. All specials have more lag. Dsmash now can be cancelled faster. Aerial mobility is MUCH WORSE. Walk speed is faster...."

lmao thank you Nintendo for not releasing patch notes because this is my favorite thing ever

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I tried frame cancelling dair with falco on a shielding opponent, I can't seem to nail it at all. It's pretty hard to test. I'm going to have to call upon @ Lavani Lavani since I knew you were pretty active back when frame cancelling was discovered. I need your help

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I think Mega Man's grab range is shorter - can someone do a side-by-side comparison?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I tried frame cancelling dair with falco on a shielding opponent, I can't seem to nail it at all. It's pretty hard to test. I'm going to have to call upon @ Lavani Lavani since I knew you were pretty active back when frame cancelling was discovered. I need your help
I don't really have any good way to test it on shield, as I only have 3DS and getting the CPU to cooperate is a chore.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
About the double analogue sick engine change: I believe it is whatever you have your right analogue stick set to, seeing as mine is set to tilts and still does tilt attacks.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They should've given Pit/Dark Pit more end lag on smash attacks.
They also should've given Link some more end lag on his down smash.
Because those characters are somehow cheap and are in desperate need of nerfs?

I don't see why either of those characters need more end lag.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
I can understand some of the changes... But why change the dual analog stick smash/tilt technique? I don't think it makes it any easier, at all... I was wondering why, when I updated it today, I was completely doing the wrong attacks when I booted For Glory.

The things you miss not having gaming internet for the whole week...

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
My favorite thing about Smashboards is when vitally important threads get derailed into ******** arguments about nothing.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
G&W's up-tilt got a knockback direction change that makes it knock opponents behind him instead of above him.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
G&W's up-tilt got a knockback direction change that makes it knock opponents behind him instead of above him.
Only if you land the second hit. The first hit still sends them up, but the second hit sends them behind you.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Unrelated to main gameplay, but there is a minor change to the scoring in Target Blast stage 2 on Wii U.

Warlock Punching the bomb in both rounds gets you 262800 points in 1.0.2; the same action gets 263580 points in 1.0.6.

I haven't actually compared it to see exactly what changed (and I doubt anyone really cares :p), but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

The punch itself appears the same; there's no mention of it anywhere in the thread, the bomb's trajectory is the same from what I can tell, and the other stages are unchanged.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh no, that video that showed me how to get perfects on all three may now be INACCURATE.
Good thing I already have that challenge unlocked~
The Wii U update killed the Villager trick on 3DS too. Seems like they just subtly change the physics to break the strategies or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom