• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Reddit is reporting that the Charizard 8% -> 11% buff is incorrect and deconfirmed.

This is wrong. I can re-confirm that this change is definitely real.

Lol what do you mean none of this is changed? I just confirmed in training mode pre-patch and post patch...
I mean that none of it is changed. This is incorrect, misinformation. Not the first, and won't be the last.

Can you test if Mr. Game And Watch changed in any ways? I would be mad if he got nerfed once again.
If by "got compare every property of every move of this character with no reported changes", then yes, I can.

But I'm not going to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DK is listed to not have changes, but a friend of mind reported that Dair is considerably faster, and the "Roy zones" on his moves were fixed.
Fsmash and ftilt still whiff at point blank range against slim characters.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Ness u/d-smashes are unchanged.
How are you testing all this? Can you see if Pikachu's bair was changed? I wrote down the launch distance for all of Pikachu's moves before and after the patch and bair was the only one that was different, but I have a feeling I could have tested his bair wrong.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
How are you testing all this? Can you see if Pikachu's bair was changed? I wrote down the launch distance for all of Pikachu's moves before and after the patch and bair was the only one that was different, but I have a feeling I could have tested his bair wrong.
I have 2 3DSs, with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 side-by-side.

Comparing damage is trivial, ground timings are kinda easy, aerial timings are hard, and knockback is time consuming.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Unlikely, but if it is, we'll find out when Dant posts a new dump.

KB-only changes are too time consuming to fish for blindly.
Understood, and I assume when it is released is up to the man himself?

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 3DSs, with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 side-by-side.

Comparing damage is trivial, ground timings are kinda easy, aerial timings are hard, and knockback is time consuming.
Have you tested Vanish and Bouncing fish kill %? I've seen claim of them killing earlier.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Always was 5%. Deconfirmed.
No way... Dantarion's data dump listed it as this: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/index.php?char=falco&mode=view104#subaction-07B.
def game_7B():
Hitbox5_0D6(Id=0x0, Bone_=0x0, Damage=3.000000, Angle=0x32, BKB=0x6E, 0x0, 0x3C, 0x0, 0.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x3, 0x1, 0x1, 0x8, )
Hitbox5_0D6(Id=0x1, Bone_=0x0, Damage=3.000000, Angle=0x169, BKB=0x64, 0x0, 0x3C, 0x0, 0.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x3, 0x1, 0x1, 0x8, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=21.000000, )
unk_0E0(0x0, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=26.000000, )
unk_0E0(0x1, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=33.000000, )
unk_0D5(0x0, 0x1A, 0x11000005, 0x11000006, 0x11000007, )
AsynchronousTimer_0D0(Frame=39.000000, )
unk_209(0x0, 0x0, )
End_196()
And since my goddamned internet is out meaning no patch for me - I'm on my phone - and I just checked... It does do 5%. Well... That's one error in the data dump or the throw part actually does something like 2.5%... Ahem.... DAAAAAAAAAANATARION! :p

Oh, and another error Falco's U-throw does 8% instead of 7%.

Last edited:

Shyguymask

Smash Rookie
Reddit is reporting that the Charizard 8% -> 11% buff is incorrect and deconfirmed.

This is wrong. I can re-confirm that this change is definitely real.

I mean that none of it is changed. This is incorrect, misinformation. Not the first, and won't be the last.

If by "got compare every property of every move of this character with no reported changes", then yes, I can.

But I'm not going to.
Why not? I though we were suppose to do it for every characters?

LinkOscuro

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkMigue
3DS FC
2191-7674-1782
What about Toon Link? Can he now do the second FSmash always connecting it?

check_mate

Smash Rookie
Based on Kid Liquid's guide (created pre-patch), titled "Zeroing On Zero Suit Samus", Dash Attack did 10% and Ftilt did 6%. Here is the link to the guide: http://smashboards.com/guides/zeroing-in-on-zero-suit-samus.32/

Here is a video of me testing the two moves in question in training mode post patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJDPn3IiaY&feature=youtu.be

What is misinformation is claiming it is unchanged in the face of testing and evidence. Not trying to be mean or anything, just wanted to share patch testing information for the benefit of the community.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Have you tested Vanish and Bouncing fish kill %? I've seen claim of them killing earlier.
Unless there's a lot of demand, I'm not going to invest time investigating rumors of knockback changes. That's a lot of time spent chasing things that are probably true that Dant's data dump will solve instantly.

No way... Dantarion's data dump listed it as this: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/index.php?char=falco&mode=view104#subaction-07B.

And since my goddamned internet is out meaning no patch for me - I'm on my phone - and I just checked... It does do 5%. Well... That's one error in the data dump or the throw part actually does something like 2.5%... Ahem.... DAAAAAAAAAANATARION! :p

Oh, and another error Falco's U-throw does 8% instead of 7%.
Falco throws all involve projectiles. The raw data is misleading.

Anyone with 1.0.5 wants to help me test something out?
Probably, shoot.

Why not? I though we were suppose to do it for every characters?
I mean, what you are asking would take a couple of hours for me to do, for a single character. My job here is to filter out changes that we at least have some reason to believe are true; I can't be testing every move in the game myself.

deathofaninja

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all of the hard work, community. I am impressed that we can do our own patch notes.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
WFT definitely got a buff from 1 to 2% on deep breathing.

Watch out top tiers...-.-

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Unless there's a lot of demand, I'm not going to invest time investigating rumors of knockback changes. That's a lot of time spent chasing things that are probably true that Dant's data dump will solve instantly.
Several people were testing it @ the Sheik thread, so it's probably true, but having another confirmation doesn't hurt.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe you didn't full hop the cyclone. Dthrow to cyclone has been killing at the same % for me
I did use full jump.

Hmm if you hold away and down from Luigi it becomes really weak. That must've been it. So DI really is back. I just tried vectoring in training mode against my knockback and it only changed the direction I flew in, didn't reduce the knockback.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Link's Jab 1 being nerfed the way it is is another baffling change. Sure Spin Attack is stronger, but Jab 1 was essential to Link's gameplay and now this happened......
I was afraid this would happen... makes zero sense on their part! :facepalm:
OH Well... any other buffs of notice to point out that make up for that nerf?
Did spin attack get it's semi spike back or increase in recovery and/or control in the air?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I would like a confirmation if the ending lag of ZSS' grab changed.
It's the only thing that feels different for me.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman can you test Ness' utilt on FD? Specifically at what percent does he kill mario/bowser with an utilt, no rage. Maybe percentage on damage at 0% to take a note?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman can you confirm? Every character attacks when you press A. They didn't do that before. I'm playing the GBA version though.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Meta Knights down-throw changed from 6 to 8% damage output. Also rumbles the screen now.
Priority on attacks also seems to have increased, can anyone confirm this?
No change. It does 7.5% in all versions.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman can you test Ness' utilt on FD? Specifically at what percent does he kill mario/bowser with an utilt, no rage. Maybe percentage on damage at 0% to take a note?
157% in both. Same.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I was afraid this would happen... makes zero sense on their part! :facepalm:
OH Well... any other buffs of notice to point out that make up for that nerf?
Did spin attack get it's semi spike back or increase in recovery and/or control in the air?
Spin Attack does more damage and is more of a kill move now and you can combo off of dthrow more reliably now.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I would like a confirmation if the ending lag of ZSS' grab changed.
It's the only thing that feels different for me.
Just tested side-by-side with 1.0.5 3DS and 1.0.6 Wii U; they're exactly the same.

Fsmash and ftilt still whiff at point blank range against slim characters.
[sad gorilla noises]

Last edited:

IME058

Smash Rookie
I believe Greninja's up-smash has been buffed. If I remember correctly, and what I have found pre-1.0.6, Greninja's up-smash is that it did 14 damage when you get someone from above you. I used it, and found it did 19 damage.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Robin's bthrow kb adjusted/nerfed T_T haha

At the very edge, with minimal rage (25-75%) it would kill at 80-90% even with good DI.

Now, close to the edge it won't kill Zelda even at 130% with 80% rage.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
How'd you manage to try and agree to not succeed so fast?

2 frames is very unnoticeable.
I dropped everything to prioritize it, since you have a legit source and I wanted it to be true.

I tried a few times, couldn't get it, tested some other stuff with other chars, and now am back trying it again.

In 1/4x speed, 2 frames is easy to see side-by-side. (I've gotten pretty good at inputting things simultaneously across units)

I really want to get this and for it to be true...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Has anyone done any testing with Yoshi? I saw literally 3 posts regarding him across these 25 pages with nothing else mentioned and I'm not home to test anything currently.
Strangely enough, the ending lag of Yoshi's ledge attack has been noticeably decreased.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Robin's bthrow kb adjusted/nerfed T_T haha

At the very edge, with minimal rage (25-75%) it would kill at 80-90% even with good DI.

Now, close to the edge it won't kill Zelda even at 130% with 80% rage.
This is so stupid. Why would they even do this?

-edit- nvm not confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Someone said Lucario got patched where he doesn't have RCO lag but I got no confirmation on it and it is in an area I don't know much about.

Can someone confirm it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom