• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
It looks like Ganondorf has gotten a little better with less lag on his forward attack and Kirby's Side B feels just like his Brawl version but as usual chargeable. Ha ha, I like what they did.... except for the Mewtwo delay.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
My friend claims most of Mario's knockback has been nerfed. You guys have Mario listed as "seemingly" unchanged. Can someone look into this? He's been a Mario main since Smash 64 and literally uses no one else but Mario. He's really good with Mario I might add.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
It looks like Ganondorf has gotten a little better with less lag on his forward attack and Kirby's Side B feels just like his Brawl version but as usual chargeable. Ha ha, I like what they did.... except for the Mewtwo delay.
Nope nope nope. As I stated above, they DO nOT change frame data when it comes to basic movesets on ground or in the air. So stop with this crap.

Nexelon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nexelous
Nope nope nope. As I stated above, they DO nOT change frame data when it comes to basic movesets on ground or in the air. So stop with this crap.
How is it crap? I was only checking the characters and see what they changed, Kirby's side B is noticeably changed because it seems that he swings his hammer quicker like in Brawl.

EDIT: I checked twice and it seems that they did change the frame data of Kirby's side B to make him swing it quicker.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Wait last patch i'm pretty sure zss's usmash was nerfed from 9 frame start up to 10 frame start up.

TrashCaster

Smash Rookie
I don't know if the change is important enough to warrant a note/bullet point, but Zero Suit has a new visual for Side B. I am unsure of damage changes, but it looks and feels different.

Blue24

Smash Cadet
My friend claims most of Mario's knockback has been nerfed. You guys have Mario listed as "seemingly" unchanged. Can someone look into this? He's been a Mario main since Smash 64 and literally uses no one else but Mario. He's really good with Mario I might add.
I believe in this thread unless the post was deleted that there were no changes.

If you want more evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaS8xV1feTU

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Name me one other than diddys supposed fsmash having more end lag?
In the first patch, all of ganon's aerials had less landing lag. I believe there were other frame data changes like that in the last patch to go along with that.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
In the first patch, all of ganon's aerials had less landing lag. I believe there were other frame data changes like that in the last patch to go along with that.
We are talking about this patch, not the one that came out after they collected data from the first few months of the 3ds.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
We are talking about this patch, not the one that came out after they collected data from the first few months of the 3ds.
You said they do not, which implies ever. And in this patch we still have Diddy's F-Smash having more lag, which means something could be slightly tweaked and we don't notice it.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
There is a side by side comparison of ganon using his f smash and seeming to be 2 frames or so quicker to end.

NateLinhart

Smash Rookie
NNID
RumblePak64
Bowsers up throw seems different? It seems to stall for a brief moment before launching them. Don't think placebo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I got one for pikachu

:4pikachu: Side special: pikachu takes longer to get up from before (longer lag after volt tackle)

And for pac-man

:4pacman: This icon is different now, its now his right hand giving a thumbs up.

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
So basically this is the "nerf Diddy, make slight adjustments to everyone else" patch.

Kind of sucks for low-tier mains like us Charizards who were hoping for a significant buff, but oh well, I guess you gotta work with what you got. At least I now have an excuse to use that awesome U-throw animation Zard has.
well, there's also the minor addition of mewtwo, but whatever!

xTheSilverStar

Smash Rookie
It Also Seems That AI Marths and Lucinas Are now able to use The Side B variations (i.e. the lower rapid stab versions), Noticed on both 3DS and WiiU at Level 7

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
-Jigglypuff's fair no longers jab reset
-Zelda's f and bair sweetspots hitboxes have been increased.

Can someone confirm??

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
-Jigglypuff's fair no longers jab reset
-Zelda's f and bair sweetspots hitboxes have been increased.

Can someone confirm??
I can't really tell about Zelda, tbh. I feel like I've been doing much better with her and her L-kicks seem to be trading off more often than they used to. Perhaps the move itself is faster and maybe her sweet spot has been increased. Though it is a very slight change, although, that's all her Fair/Bair really needed to begin with.

Or perhaps I'm just much more accurate/better at reading now. Magically.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Luigi:

Aerial Up B does 21% vs 20% pre patch
Full Charge Missile does 22% vs 21% pre patch

Mac:

Up B can go horizontally now vs strictly vertical pre patch.

If someone can confirm/deconfirm these that would be fantastic

pnkgoldcatpeach

Smash Cadet
:4palutena:
she isn't on the list :(

but anyways, here is what I noticed with her (not sure if placebo)

-ftilt and utilt start immediately, but still have end lag
-auto reticle bullets travel faster, and there is no end lag on that move (when the last bullet hits, you can do whatever you want to)

again, not sure if placebo, but might as well share

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
Luigi:

Mac:

Up B can go horizontally now vs strictly vertical pre patch.

If someone can confirm/deconfirm these that would be fantastic
I can confirm little macs Up B can be moved slightly horizontally, I can deconfirm luigi's Full Charge Missile does 22% (Still does 21%, maybe you're talking about his misfire?), and I can deconfirm Sweetspotted Up B does 21% (Still does 20%)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Luigi:

Disconfirmed, remember to do damage testing in training. In Smash mode you get the 1.05X freshness bonus, which leads to these inaccurate 1% damage buff reports.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Once again, they fixed the ceiling glitch on Mario Circuit.

Please add it to the list, it may even make it legal.

Thank you.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I think that the CPUs did this beforehand, if I remember correctly.

xYoh

Smash Cadet
LUCARIO ANUBIS MECHANIC IS BACK! Check it out!

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hey @Thinkaman (or any other that has any older version of the Wii U game)

can you check this thing for us Jr fans?
the Landing Dair Miss and Hit has always been since day 1, but the Landing Dair Shield feels much faster than the last patch on the Wii U version.
can someone compare if this is a buff or that it was on the old Wii U patch aswell

We at the Jr section do feel that this is a slightly buff, but we cant test it and want confirmation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom