• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
You don't have to enter your tag every time you play now, just once per start it and it'll stay
This has been mentioned at least 10 times and was one of the first things found. Please use search.

If this isn't in the OP yet it should be.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus homing missiles have faster speed after the patch. Why was this removed from the OP after several confirmations here on SWF and a confirmation from redding?

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Would someone be willing to test if bowser jrs dair on a shield will still cancel landing lag, and if a landing falco or Ganon dair does the same? No comparison between the two patches needed.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Wooooow wtf Nintendo? This tech was hardly game breaking - all it did was offer a nice mix up every now and then to those who could use items (it's even scored me the odd KO in the past.)

:/
They didn't want it in as it wasn't intentional. It's fair to expect this level of polish on their game mechanics coding and designs.

It'd be like if there was a similar technique in Dark Souls - Miyazaki would patch it out as it wasn't intended, and he is a VERY deliberate designer, much like Sakurai.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
May of found a real change on Pit. Friend says Dthrow used to KO at 427% and KOs at 249% now, the later I can confirm. (CPU will occasionally DI so bleh.) Kinda updated my other 3DS so I can't test. :p

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
May of found a real change on Pit. Friend says Dthrow used to KO at 427% and KOs at 249% now, the later I can confirm. (CPU will occasionally DI so bleh.) Kinda updated my other 3DS so I can't test. :p
If true, perhaps Pit's d-throw has more knockback growth and won't combo/chain as reliably at higher percents any more.

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
Tried to match them up as best as possible with the footage I recorded.

I hope this is proof enough.[/]

---------------------

Unless the Wii U Pac-Man differs from the 3DS Pac Man those are not both after the update. After the update (at least on the 3DS) Pac-Man's wifi grab extends out and immediately retracts after it reaches its maximum reach. If your first GIF is in real time, comparing it to the grab on the 3DS, Pac-Man completes his grab animation while the GIF's animation still has his wifi lingering at maximum length.

I will also point out that post release, the grab only reaches out about 75% as far as it does in your GIFs (again I am speaking specifically from testing on the 3DS).

Can someone with both copies of the game verify if there is a difference between Pac Man on the Wii U vs on the 3DS?[/quote]

Last edited:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Thanks for finding this! Is it okay if I post your video in the WFT Boards?

Also, I think they added a hitbox to her shoulders on her USmash, you can get a running USmash against a good chunk of the cast now. It's weaker than the sweetspot by about 15% of kill power.
Of course! Go ahead, Sadly I had no time at all to keep hitting the lab until today.

And talking about this... Why aren't this posted on the patch notes already?! :c

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Thinkaman or someone else, there was the claim that DK's side B breaks a full shield now, which is false, but I do wonder whether it takes a little more out of the shield than it does before and that hence it breaks faster if they hold onto it for a few frames less than they did pre-patch. Any way anyone can test this?

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
why does DK's upsmash still miss people on the ground?....why?
has to do with height, your proximity to them, and i believe DK's sliding animation upon doing an upsmash while running is less than in prior iterations of the game.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
has to do with height, your proximity to them, and i believe DK's sliding animation upon doing an upsmash while running is less than in prior iterations of the game.
its still stupid...it should hit anyone if they are like standing right next to me on either side.

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
well, i think dk's upsmash deserves a little more knockback because as difficult as it is to do the move, and the cost-benefit to doing it is not that much in most situations. In sb64 i used to stay grounded and wait for them to come back down and do an upsmash, as upair was bad in that game unless you had a combo potential with it. In this game it doesn't really pay to stay grounded.

Aurion707

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aurion707
Not 100% but I believe Charizard's Fly got nerfed. I could have sworn it killed at about 90 but now it kills at about 95. Granted I tested this on Luigi. I'll test on the rest of the cast. Kills Jigglypuff at about 84 i think.
I believe the same, I feel that it needs more % to kill compared te before that could kill you around 90%. Now it needs almost 100% or more. Can somebody confirm this?

SAMUS BOMBS DETONATE ON ENEMY!
Also her normal missiles travel faster.
Jab is a bit faster.

Some said that her DThrow knockback was reduced; it could be but I didn't notice too much differences.

Last edited by a moderator:

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I just got finished playing Smash 4 today with some friends down at a gaming club I'm apart of, and I don't know if it's just me but I feel Palutena got some very awesome buffs.

For one her down/up tilts and even all her smash attacks appear to have less start up and end lag. With all the times I've used her before the patch her attacks appeared to have a lot of exaggerated animations before they initiated and after they finished, which made her an easy target if her moves missed. I started using her today and her attacks came right out in an instant. I also think her down air has an extended hit box since I had an easier time spiking people with her than I did before the patch.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this too or experimented with her a bit.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I had tried share mode on my 3DS, before patch, whenever I want to share my replays to my friends, because of tons of FCs, it often crashes. But now it seems they had fix it, gonna try it more frequently.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I just got finished playing Smash 4 today with some friends down at a gaming club I'm apart of, and I don't know if it's just me but I feel Palutena got some very awesome buffs.

For one her down/up tilts and even all her smash attacks appear to have less start up and end lag. With all the times I've used her before the patch her attacks appeared to have a lot of exaggerated animations before they initiated and after they finished, which made her an easy target if her moves missed. I started using her today and her attacks came right out in an instant. I also think her down air has an extended hit box since I had an easier time spiking people with her than I did before the patch.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this too or experimented with her a bit.
All placebo. TsuKiyoMe and AeroLink already tested this stuff out and she's the same as 1.0.4 except the Super Speed Jump Install glitch can only be done while holding an item.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
All placebo. TsuKiyoMe and AeroLink already tested this stuff out and she's the same as 1.0.4 except the Super Speed Jump Install glitch can only be done while holding an item.
Really? It's weird because I was using her a lot today (as well as Yoshi and Lucina) and I felt like I had a much easier time using her than before. I might try her out a few more times tomorrow just to see if it's still a consistent thing. (Then again a guy I usually play who LOVES spamming as villager and fox was playing mostly Ganondorf today so that may of had something to do with my easier time)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I would like another pair of eyes on Sheik tipper dtilt. I have written down that on the 3ds in training mode it kill a mario with the 'kill effect' at 264% on fd.

Now it seems to be 278%

Last edited:

borderlinebassist

Smash Rookie
NNID
smashKil
3DS FC
4055-3970-7864
No clue if this is just me, but it seems that the knockback on :4falcon:'s D-Throw is much less upwards and much more forwards. It seems a bit more difficult to hit an u-air from it. Can anyone confirm?

(EDIT: Just gave it another look, it must have just been me. Placebo effect stronk lel)

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
No clue if this is just me, but it seems that the knockback on :4falcon:'s D-Throw is much less upwards and much more forwards. It seems a bit more difficult to hit an u-air from it. Can anyone confirm?
Not true. It's the same as far as I can tell. All of the basic combos still work, was the first thing I tested.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Are you testing it on Training mode? The CPUs can actually DI now.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I tested on training mode. Must just be me. I do know for certain that the Cap is unchanged damage-wise.
When I said the CPUs can DI I meant that they can move away from your throw, which is why you're getting the impression that the D-throw has changed to send people forward instead of more upwards. It hasn't, it's just that CPUs in Training mode were modified in 1.0.6 and they can DI away from you now regardless of the attack setting.

borderlinebassist

Smash Rookie
NNID
smashKil
3DS FC
4055-3970-7864
When I said the CPUs can DI I meant that they can move away from your throw, which is why you're getting the impression that the D-throw has changed to send people forward instead of more upwards. It hasn't, it's just that CPUs in Training mode were modified in 1.0.6 and they can DI away from you now regardless of the attack setting.
Ah, I see now. Didn't know that they DI even in Training mode. Thanks for clearing that up.

i thought people said his forward smash aimed downward had less knockback?
Not 100% sure about the knockback, but it still does 20% damage

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom