• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Actually it sort of does. If you are told installing this patch will make Doc Slower, people start to believe it, regardless of whether or not it's factual.
Sure maybe, but technically not. The Placebo effect only works on your body.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
Oh yea, i also think Villager's ledge getup attack has more range. Managed to hit opponent behind me while using it, which i don't think happened before.

Player_9

Smash Rookie
Can someone confirm if Villager still has the same pocket invincibility frames?

sheggy

Smash Rookie
I've been noticing the "pacman's grab is faster" question being posted a lot.
For the sake of everyone's sanity(especially @ Thinkaman Thinkaman 's) and for the sake of question not being asked again: Is it possible to get a side by side video of pacmans grab pre and post patch? And might as well test IASA frame while we're at it. Then post the video in the OP so its visible to everyone.?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh for heaven's sake not this again.

I've tested it FOUR SETS OF TIMES because it keeps coming up, like some reddit-fueled zombie. If someone else wants to take video, be my guest.

felix45

Smash Lord
Can anyone test rosalina and luma fair? I think it has been fixed in that before if you did it near the ground it would only hit with a couple hits and they would pop out and go up. Now I have noticed everyone is staying in the fair for the whole animation no matter how I am moving.

Oh and I tested dk charge punch, it is the exact same as before imo

Last edited:

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
This has been mentioned a few times, but still isn't on front page; I can confirm that Pac-Man has less lag on his grab now (I did see a Redditor throw out "twice as fast", but I'd say that needs further analysis).

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
For Zelda, we almost know for sure that her Uair has less startup frames. I believe you guys have already mentioned that the angle is lower on her Smashes, and enemies won't fall out of them as easily.
Damage output seems to remain unchanged.
I haven't checked every single page of this topic, so sorry if I've said anything that others have already.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Peach gained height on custom Side 3, it didn't use to get as much lift off the ground.

Edit: no that's wrong, watched videos of the old one. Could have sworn it didn't..

Last edited:

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
@Shaya Maybe we could put up something like a "Busted Changes" section, and note down the major ones that keep popping up confirmed to be wrong like Pac-Man's grab?
Wait, when was this confirmed busted? I know placebo is plausible, but still...

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
OK, then. Can't argue with that. If I had some capture software it'd be a lot easier to compare, but hey, whaddayagonnado?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
For Zelda, we almost know for sure that her Uair has less startup frames. I believe you guys have already mentioned that the angle is lower on her Smashes, and enemies won't fall out of them as easily.
Damage output seems to remain unchanged.
I haven't checked every single page of this topic, so sorry if I've said anything that others have already.
I'm pretty sure there is no change; I only tested it a couple of times, but it seemed identical.

I deconfirmed this. We would have noticed ages ago, if something would have affected every single on-hit test.

I also re-tested Bowser Jr. f-smash side-by-side to be safe. Completely identical from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6.

Doval

Smash Lord
cell phone video? anything at all?
Most cameras record at 30FPS by default and miss half the frames. For full accuracy you'd need a camera that'll let you record in slow motion, which at x2 slowness would capture at 60FPS. That or record multiple times and hope that all the footage combined covers all the frames. But it's still a ***** to hold the camera steady and input commands at the same time unless you have a tripod. I can tell you this from experience.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
lol the cycle continues.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman , I didn't see a response on this... are you seeing any differences in the final knockback of Mega Man's uair? it's a weird move to test.
I am pretty sure there is no change. Note that this is a very inconsistent hitting move.

R-E-D

Smash Rookie
This scares me because if they do to Lucas what the did to mewtwo then I'll be pissed. Like they just moved over the moveset while not fully understanding what we liked about mewtwo. (But he's still super fun to play as. Ness can only move up the tier list from here.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Since people keep bringing up Pac-man's grab, I recounted the frames on them.

In 1.02, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

In 1.06, regular grab and dash grab are 12 frame start-up, 75 frames total. Graphic appears on frame 11.

Pac-man's grabs are unchanged.

I can post a gif if needed.
A gif, with both the hit and whiff seems necessary at this point with how many people think this is changed.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
a buff I have found on Jr and I want someone to confirm this:

Landing Dair Hitbox has the same end lag if you hit someone on shield as you hit someone without shield!

as I recall, Landing Dair Hitbox in older version was only faster if you hit someone without shield. if you someone on shield it would be as slow as a miss!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
a buff I have found on Jr and I want someone to confirm this:

Landing Dair Hitbox has the same end lag if you hit someone on shield as you hit someone without shield!

as I recall, Landing Dair Hitbox in older version was only faster if you hit someone without shield. if you someone on shield it would be as slow as a miss!
So it's faster when you hit a shield or slower if you don't now? You're not entirely clear.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
also, forgot to add to Jr: His Side Smash Hitboxes are now corrected and bigger, it doesnt have a "deadzone" between the drills and Jr. I have tested this and I confirm this

in 1.0.6: you are faster if you hit someone and hit shield. you are slow if you miss

in older version: you are faster if you hit someone. but you are slow if you hit a shield or if you miss

want a confirmation that it is this way or that I missed that the shield-fast thing is the same in previous too
Wait a moment, is this an exclusive buff to bowser jr? If not then it might be a buff to a lot of frame cancel-able moves like Ganondorfs dair and falcons knee who previously worked like bowser jrs dair in the previous patch

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Are the Bowser changes real? I've heard a few places referring to his Knockback buffs on pretty much everything, asking for confirmation.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i can't say i don't think up smash links a bit better but it still fall out enough for it to just be my imagination.
@ Conda Conda its been deconfimed.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Can definitely confirm knockback reduction on sheik's Bair. The move is darn close to useless now. It used to be my main tool for stage spiking, now it just short of knicks the other character, barely moving him at all. If anything my stage spike attempts are helping the other character recover now... ah well, back to Nair i guess.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
And if Thinkaman told you the earth was a square? He's a human being and he can be wrong on things. Why don't you test it for yourself and see if you can spot a difference? I couldn't - the knockback of Peach's dthrow still looks the same to me and I'd like to have somebody double-check it to be sure.

:059:
I don't have 2 consoles, he does.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the Landing Dair: Shield feels buffed, it shouldnt get be able to shield that early on older versions
Wait a moment, is this an exclusive buff to bowser jr? If not then it might be a buff to a lot of frame cancel-able moves like Ganondorfs dair and falcons knee who previously worked like bowser jrs dair in the previous patch
Jr always had that Landing Dair end lag since day one

Javier Pwns

Smash Rookie
NNID
Javier_Pwns
You don't have to enter your tag every time you play now, just once per start it and it'll stay

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
the Landing Dair: Shield feels buffed, it shouldnt get be able to shield that early on older versions

Jr always had that Landing Dair end lag since day one
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say , but remember this video?
I'm wondering if it was patched for other moves that have the same effects as BJ's dair to work on shield as well. Like Falcos dair, Ganon dair, and so on. There could be some crazy shield pressure if true

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm ROB's up-throw has had a knockback reduce. Used to kill around 120-130% on Ganondorf, now doesn't kill until 145% or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom