• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I having troubles trying to use my 3DS code... =\ ... I type everything right, but I keep getting the 099-2995 Error;.. someone had the same problem?

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
"Palutena now grabs from a character lenghts away now?? It feels like Marth from Melee and its insane"
Tested on Smash 3DS on Sonic. There's only a very small space between me and Sonic that I can get her to grab him with. Did it mention a character specifically?

To be clear, he is a bit more out of her grab range. And there is distance where *visually* it shouldn't happen, but does. Can't test if it was like that in 1.04 though.

Edit: Same for Mario. Visually, it appears like she should whiff her grab, but he does indeed get grabbed. I don't recall this happening in older versions. I was positive you had to be RIGHT next to them. So that's all I got.

Last edited:

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Tested on Smash 3DS on Sonic. There's only a very small space between me and Sonic that I can get her to grab him with. Did it mention a character specifically?

To be clear, he is a bit more out of her grab range. And there is distance where *visually* it shouldn't happen, but does. Can't test if it was like that in 1.04 though.

Edit: Same for Mario. Visually, it appears like she should whiff her grab, but he does indeed get grabbed. I don't recall this happening in older versions. I was positive you had to be RIGHT next to them. So that's all I got.
Grab range is the same, she had an amazing grab range last patch as well

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
This would be so much easier if Nintendo would just release the notes themselves.

Any changes for Palutena and DK? I'm glad Rosalina is unchanged, I suppose.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
"Palutena now grabs from a character lenghts away now?? It feels like Marth from Melee and its insane"
Palutena's grab range didn't change according to the Palutenas (including Aerolink and Ninjalink) and doesn't appear changed to me either. It was always really good.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
They didn't buff the DK Rap to include Lanky's and Chunky Kong's segments. :(

Falco's blasters are the same speed. :(

Last edited:

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
ZR, ZL and C-Stick on New3DS(XL) are still not rebindable... I want my C-Stick Tilts. :(

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
Tested Dark Pit's Fsmash without D.I. I can get it to KO at 112% with D.I. it KOs at 130%.

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
bad news. You cant Throw out a smash attack, when holding an item anymore -_- ie:turnips,bombs,ect.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Villager can't pocket Pac-Man's trampoline now! For some reason.
Little late, but there's a glitch that would make Pac jump to the center of the stage and freeze there until he was hit.

Just did some pretty long tests on Dark Pit.

There are no damage changes to any of his attacks; however, there is indeed increased knock back on his Forward Smash and his Up Smash.

Fsmash can KO Mario from the middle of FD at 115%, as opposed to 125% on the previous patch.

Up Smash can KO Mario as early as 115% now, as opposed to 123% on the previous patch.

Fighter weight differences will undoubtedly change the percentages at which DP can KO, but the increased knock back is confirmed.
Can confirm that this is incorrect. KO%s are exactly the same on SSB3D's training mode.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
Someone told me Dedede got some buffs but they're saying he's untouched on here. Can someone re-confirm?

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
wait, that's for every character? If so, wow. Anything on Mega Man and Fox?
Yeah, this mainly applying to item generating Characters like Peach,link, diddy,and Mega Man I believe.

Fox i have no clue.

SUPERJEM94

Smash Rookie
NNID
SUPERJEM94
No changes to Fox. The only thing I've noticed is that jab locks are a bit easier to escape, I am in the middle of testing this further though to make sure it's not a placebo
Mmm, hopefully it stayed the same. Quick question, does the A+B for smash attacks work on 3ds as well?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Feels like they fixed Palu's dash grab so that it actually connects consistently now. Is that accurate?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Mmm, hopefully it stayed the same. Quick question, does the A+B for smash attacks work on 3ds as well?
I believe this is a Wii U gamecube controller exclusive change. No option seems to be available on the 3DS.

However, I can't comment on New 3DS since I don't own one

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
Someone told me Dedede got some buffs but they're saying he's untouched on here. Can someone re-confirm?
Can you be more specific than some buffs? I can confirm his damage values are unchanged, I am waiting for someone to get frame data before saying anything about move speed. I will say I've been smashing all day now playing with all the same set ups and timings and rhythm as before and nothing different has happened.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
Before the patch, if you were to dash with any character and tap the guard button your shield would pop up and immediately fall with little to no lag, now it seems the lag is much higher

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
falco has a faster blaster from what I can find.
This will need confirmation. Anyone one with two 3DSes they can check? We already had a slightly faster fire rate from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 and a placebo one from 1.0.5.

From what I'm gathering, Falco has a 13% Uair and 1% more damage on his "full Jab" - I'm going to assume either Jab 2 or Rapid Jab Finisher is stronger - if @ Balgorxz Balgorxz is right. Also, Up Smash links better, but how might depend on looking into the data dump. I'm at uni and won't be out until 3~ CDT if anyone is wondering why the Falco mod ain't doing ****.

I tested this, Falco uair still does 9% as before.
Falco's Uair does 11% in patch 1.0.4 and before. If it's doing 9% then either it's getting stale, but I don't really know how staling works or it's been nerfed as that's a 2% decrease which is not warranted at all. Or it has a sour-spot hitbox now. You are hitting with his legs and not his body, right? The body hitbox does 11% too, but with little knockback.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Also ye have the Wii U version number wrong (unless NTSC is different to PAL). It says 1.0.6 on the title screen.
They've synced the version numbers for better comparison, I think. Doesn't actually change anything, just means we can say 1.06 instead of 1.063D 1.03U.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
This is wrong. It still does.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY NINTENDO WHY. :c

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Yeah, C-stick is still buggy with smashes on, momentum is still affected. Wish this patch included an option to turn off charging them while holding the stick instead of A+B smashes.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, C-stick is still buggy with smashes on, momentum is still affected. Wish this patch included an option to turn off charging them while holding the stick instead of A+B smashes.
This is the only thing I cared about and it didn't get fixed. God damn it.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Those Lylat and Kirby changes are awesome! I always liked the layout of it and I also liked how Mario's fireballs was somewhat unaffected by tilting while other projectiles get ****ed but unaimable recoveries got ****ed (compared to like, Fox, Lucario, Villager, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom