• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch 1.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

godogod

Smash Ace
We already knew Mewtwo is faster now.. But specificallly, According to the 1.1.3. patch thread on page 7-8, apparently Mewtwo is now confirmed to be tied with Metanight for dash speed(10th-11 place), and walking speed with Charizard(15th place).

From 1.7 to 1.9 in dash speed, and 1.1 to 1.2 in walking speed. That's ****ing huge.

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
I miss his old dash animation.

Anyone want to calculate what an opponent is on shield from a SH Nair?

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Nair's just dependent on a lot of variables. Your momentum, your positioning, opponent's SDI, the direction you're facing, the direction they're facing, the first hit that connects, the last hit that connects...It's not random but it's not what I'd call reliable either.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I find that due to the changes with Nair's reduced landing lag and his increased dash speed, it is now a lot easier to do falling Nair into a grab. You know, lift somebody up with Nair, and fast fall it at the top of the jump? They will fall directly infront of you. It is a lot easier to get the grab now, yay!

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I have a couple of other miscellaneous things I wanted to test but can't right now, could anybody test these for me please?

1) Can you still flip an opponent onto a Battlefield platform from underneath? Seeing that there was a random change to his side B, I wondered about this.

2) Have they fixed Teleport going the wrong way on certain ledges? You know, on some ledges such as Omega Boxing Ring and others that I can't think of right now, if you tried Teleporting straight up, you went to the side. Is this still the same or has this been fixed?

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Nope Teleport still bounces off that stage and I guess everything else it used to.

No idea about 1) though, when it was changed a few patches ago it still works on about 10 or so characters.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
These Mewtwo buffs are really good, I used to not care about using him much despite my love for him because he felt so underwhelming, now however he feels strong and effective. I am most certainly going to start using him a LOT more, I love his tail attacks, and maybe he'll end up being my main? Anyway, super glad he got some deserved buffs.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I.. don't like this "new" mewtwo... ok , now he is stronger, but... the momentum shift almost removed is too much for me... I find Mewtwo a little too much out of character now, and no more so funny.. :(
Don't hate me, it's only my opinion, and I'm already very sad to have lost my second favourite character... btw, I will give him some other chances... maybe I'll find some other thing that is funny as the previous momentum shift...

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Does down throw combo now? I heard it got a change, but I never tested it out.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Does down throw combo now? I heard it got a change, but I never tested it out.
Down Throw got it's launch angle changed from 69° to 74°. Unfortunately, this doesn't really change anything at all. The only real change I found is that the angle change makes away DI less effective, and if they DI towards you it is slightly easier to follow up with an Up Air than before, though it still doesn't allow for anything special.

Now, if they just added a tiny bit more hitstun to the move and/or reduced the endlag on it on top of this change, we could be going places...

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see Mewtwo getting some much-needed buffs. Im excited to study how he plays now.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Nair's just dependent on a lot of variables. Your momentum, your positioning, opponent's SDI, the direction you're facing, the direction they're facing, the first hit that connects, the last hit that connects...It's not random but it's not what I'd call reliable either.
Thanks for the clarification!

I have a couple of other miscellaneous things I wanted to test but can't right now, could anybody test these for me please?

1) Can you still flip an opponent onto a Battlefield platform from underneath? Seeing that there was a random change to his side B, I wondered about this.

2) Have they fixed Teleport going the wrong way on certain ledges? You know, on some ledges such as Omega Boxing Ring and others that I can't think of right now, if you tried Teleporting straight up, you went to the side. Is this still the same or has this been fixed?
Nope on teleport, but confusion still works.

Has anyone tested the Fsmash changes?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Was this here before?

Down special can get opponents no matter what direction they are facing now.

Is that known?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's just I got Lucas in all star face the wrong way and it still got him.

NOPE my bad he must have turned the moment I pressed down so I just go super lucky

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo maybe able to confirm off of shadowball with this new dash speed
I haven't been able to lab since this was discussed, but possibilities are SH SB to hit a opponent on a platform and then DJ Fair/Dash-Usmash. SB-DA might work as well, or at least grab.

godogod

Smash Ace

Somebody tested confusion with cloud and it worked with him. I haven't done any testing myself, but I'm assuming that wasn't changed since .

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I got a question about confusion

Is it still escape able by jumping?

Ofcoarse a reminder aiming is still tricky but is punishing if you get a bullseye.

Last edited:

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
down throw needs less end frames

Sonicninja115

I got a question about confusion

Is it still escape able by jumping?

Ofcoarse a reminder aiming is still tricky but is punishing if you get a bullseye.
You can still jump out of confusion.

There is a buff thread if you want to talk about what buffs Mewtwo doesn't need, please keep this thread for 1.1.3 patch stuff only.

Reagle_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
mousecopter
Really happy with Mewtwo's buffs so far. Excited to finally have a good reason to learn the nair combo's! I didnt like the end lag before, and kept messing up the timing. Thanks for all the hard work you guys!

Also, I know we talked about an opponent on a platform, shielding, SB, DJFair? Do we have confirmation on this? If that doesnt break shields, but we still had extra frames to deal with, down air might work.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I have been mostly labbing Cloud so I don't have a lot of new info but.

Down-Throw when opponent is out of stage does not true combo as someone had mentioned. It does put your opponent at the perfect position to D-Tilt him but your opponent can act faster than you can. So no combos there, :(. (Tested vs Sheik)

N-Air now true combos into D-Tilt, Jab, U-Tilt and Grab as far as I know. I also tried doing Disable and F-Tilt, opponent was able to shield.

Still need to test with aerials, but I doubt any of them true combo.

Interestingly enough we got quite a few new kill confirms now since we can N-Air into Jab into U-Tilt into U-Smash or N-Air into grab into Throw, etc. There's also N-Air into U-Smash which is a true combo but requires you to be about at least Full Jump's height in order to perform.

N-Air is now a combo starter AND a kill move, 2 things it wasn't before. It can also still extend combos like it did before and do it in a safer way since there is less landing lag.

N-Airing through your opponent should now be completely safe on block. Before patch only chars with outstanding run speed (Falcon, Fox, Sheik) could punish this technique. With the reduced landing lag now Mewtwo can probably shield/spot dodge any punish thus making it safe on block (but putting you in a bad position).

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
These Mewtwo buffs are really good, I used to not care about using him much despite my love for him because he felt so underwhelming, now however he feels strong and effective. I am most certainly going to start using him a LOT more, I love his tail attacks, and maybe he'll end up being my main? Anyway, super glad he got some deserved buffs.
Glad to see you over here as well, TailLover. I guess a few people from r/smashboards come here as well, huh?

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Did any of Mewtwo's hitboxes get patched(like how back air, grab etc did not match the animation)?

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I predict there will be a decent amount of people picking up Mewtwo because of the recent patch and will probably drop him within a week because they expect free or easier wins.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Annoyingly, the hitboxes on Uair still don't match the visual cues, despite the enlarged hitboxes.
same with bair, but they are certainly better so it's not like we can complain too much lol. Hopefully I can swing that tail sometime in the future without it just not hitting.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Just a heads up, apparently f-air was indeed reduced to 14 frames, not 16. They fixed it in the patch notes topic.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I really hate the loss of recoil on his Shadow Ball :S
I don't, M2's recovery is already sufficient enough, getting blown back so much from Shadow ball recoil and having to recover back again for a chance at getting gimped sucked. Less recoil means more pressure M2 can apply along with that new dash speed.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Meh the reduction on recoil sucks but you guys just have to adapt there were plenty of uses for it when it was there and there are plenty now when its not the same as before just adapt. You just have to have a good understanding of your character and all of their moves it doesn't matter how "bad" it is will always have some good use. The only time i would think complaining about the move would be considered a good point would be if you weren't aware of the changes or what it did.

Last edited:

Lwin

Smash Cadet
NNID
LwinIsPolite
I don't know if you guys already know this. But here goes, two setups that can possibly kill dtilt at mrta knight percents.
First around 30~% dtilt, fair, DJ uair, fair.
Second works at a bit later 55~%. dtilt, dj uair, fair. You have to be a bit closer to the ledge for this one to kill.
Of course there's probably more setups we have from the new uair. And percentages can vary pretty wildly, for example there's about a 7% disparity between Roy and zss for the first combo so we're gonna really need to lab this out. Hope this help boys.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I don't know if you guys already know this. But here goes, two setups that can possibly kill dtilt at mrta knight percents.
First around 30~% dtilt, fair, DJ uair, fair.
Second works at a bit later 55~%. dtilt, dj uair, fair. You have to be a bit closer to the ledge for this one to kill.
Of course there's probably more setups we have from the new uair. And percentages can vary pretty wildly, for example there's about a 7% disparity between Roy and zss for the first combo so we're gonna really need to lab this out. Hope this help boys.

How do you get F-Air to DJ U-Air? Seems like not only would your opponent have ample time to do anything but I think he would literally have to double jump towards you or something. I'll have to test that out later.

godogod

Smash Ace
somebody on the main patch thread said that Mewtwo's point blankf-smash no longer whiffs due to the added sour hit box on hitbox '0.'Anybody mind testing this? Not going on smash again until I finish finals tomorrow.

edit: **** it. I'm testing it right now. It doesn't seem to whiff anymore.

Also, his dash animation definitely looks different. Like there's added blue sparks. Not sure if there are anything else different besides cosmetic. Could be just me. Don't think its anything significant.

I'm loving the forward air comboing into itself. It feels much easier to get more forward airs. I got 5 on charizard in training mode after neutral and ko'd him offscreen with his ending percentage being 74%. Of course, training mode doesn't count stale moves and DI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom