• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Hello everybody, the great and powerful Speed here.... obviously everyone who hangs around the Mewtwo forums knows of me.... *cough*

Anywhooo...I wanted to inform everyone of an idea I thought of today; what if we have a tournament dedicated to the celebration of Mewtwo being released for Smash? That is, a tourney that consists of only him and the fans dedicated to using him once he's released.
Now, of course, this tourney won't be available until he actually is released, but I wanted to post this to see how many of you guys would be interested in participating to see who is the quickest to master the most powerful Pokemon to ever exist.

I am actually planning on giving out a game of your choice that is worth 600 or less at Club Nintendo for 1st place and a $10 Nintendo E-Shop card to 2nd place- but if you're interested in donating more to the reward, please let me know. If so, the 3rd place winner will likely also receive some sort of reward, as well.

Rules
3 Stock Matches
8 Minute Timer
Best 2/3
Winners 3/5

Tournament Date

May 2nd
The 3DS Tournament will happen in the morning around 10:00 AM EST (Already Concluded)
Supreme Champion: Speedshocker
Worthy Adversary: Raykz
Maybe Next Time: Vexor1011
4th place: MEWTWOMASTER2002
5th place tie: range
Knux27

The Wii U Tournament will happen in the afternoon at 6:30 PM EST

Wii U version
Starter stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Miiverse (if available)
Counterpicks-
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages
Pokemon Stadium 2

Those Interested in Participating
  1. Speed
  2. LIQUID12A
  3. NonSpecificGuy
  4. KenithTheGatherer
  5. U-Throw
  6. godogod
  7. Sakuraichu
  8. Mewtwomaster
  9. SmashOperatingBuddy
  10. Spirst
  11. Whia
  12. TheBadLamp
  13. Spatman
  14. TonicTheSqurriel
  15. UtahCharizard
  16. Ravioko
  17. SmashBros
  18. Raykz
  19. LyonDRC
  20. Zoljinx
  21. ShinyRegice
  22. SmashCat9000
  23. obeymalleo
  24. ZachMac
  25. Jiggly
  26. SmashRiver
  27. 9Tales
  28. Geoffery Druyts
  29. M-Squared
  30. Lord Xahntan
  31. Zee'mmorro
  32. Spider-Mew
  33. Leyzr
  34. Kuraudo
  35. Vexor1011
  36. JimmyTheCaterpiller
  37. TaichiYaegashi
  38. Kaora
  39. DisidisiD
  40. CyberHyperPhoenix
  41. johab001
  42. Metros
  43. MR GRIMLOCH
  44. Range
  45. Pinka Kong
  46. Spandexbullets
  47. BugCatcherWill
  48. The_Toolbag
  49. Sonsa (50th Person Goal Reached!! KEEP IT GOING GUYS!!)
  50. Mr.Game&Rock
  51. LiL.Will
  52. Opana
  53. Enoki
  54. Aeon Lupin
  55. C_Swirl
  56. PikabluPikachu
  57. Kiwi Bandit
  58. OmegaSorin
  59. LordeJawsheen
  60. iiGGYxD
  61. Aninymouse
  62. energyman2289
  63. Floppeh

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Hello everybody, the great and powerful Speed here.... obviously everyone who hangs around the Mewtwo forums knows of me.... *cough*

Anywhooo...I wanted to inform everyone of an idea I thought of today; what if we have a tournament dedicated to the celebration of Mewtwo being released for Smash? That is, a tourney that consists of only him and the fans dedicated to using him once he's released.
Now, of course, this tourney won't be available until he actually is released, but I wanted to post this to see how many of you guys would be interested in participating to see who is the quickest to master the most powerful Pokemon to ever exist.

I am actually planning on giving out a $10.00 Nintendo E-Shop prize to the winner- but if you're interested in donating more to the reward, please let me know. If so, the 2nd and 3rd place winners will likely also receive some sort of reward, as well.

Finally, I will probably be hosting a tournament for both systems on different dates, however, only the Wii U version will be receiving a prize at the time, forgive me.

Rules
3 Stock Matches
8 Minute Timer
Starter stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks-
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles only)
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages

Those Interested in Participating
Speed

Sign me up! I, the great and mighty U-Throw, will crush all of you. Tremble before me! Grwahahahaha!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hell, I'm down.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I didn't see a thread about a tournament, nor did I see your post. Do you expect me to watch every single post to make sure no one ever mentioned the word "tournament"? I think not.
Either way, there was no tourney thread posted and I did NOT steal any ideas. Thanks though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
you mean my idea?
http://smashboards.com/threads/dealing-with-the-inevitable-mewtwo-flood.388166/

I'd be down to play and I appreciate that you're hosting it.. But don't be that coworker who takes other peoples ideas as his own completely. >_>
I didn't see a thread about a tournament, nor did I see your post? Do you expect me to watch every single post to make sure no one ever mentioned the word "tournament"? I think not.
Either way, there was no tourney thread posted and I did NOT steal any ideas. Thanks though.
Redirected!!!
:psycho::laugh:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Was hyped untill i saw it was for Wii U.
Next time please say on what version it is, ok?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm potentially down even though I generally don't pay attention to what stages are banned.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Hm? There will be a tourney for both versions.
It's not that you have to do it.
It was just that i didn't know what version it was untill i read the legal stages.
(Althrough a 3DS tournament would be pretty awesome)

Spirst

I'd be interested depending on the day.

However, the fact that you don't have Pokemon Stadium 2 as a neutral considering this is a Mewtwo-only event is downright criminal and I have half a mind to ban you for trolling.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
However, the fact that you don't have Pokemon Stadium 2 as a neutral considering this is a Mewtwo-only event is downright criminal and I have half a mind to ban you for trolling.
That's way too soft.

I have a better idea.

:seuss:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Miiverse is released at the same time, will it be starter or counterpick?

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I would be enormously interested in this. Super down.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'd be interested depending on the day.

It all depends on what day Mewtwo is released. I think I'll have the tournament on the day that follows.
As for Pokemon Stadium 2? Check again! :)

If Miiverse is released at the same time, will it be starter or counterpick?
Starter~

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatman

Smash Ace
awesome idea, I'm in!

...my different time zone could cause some issues, though...

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Depending on the date and time, I'd be up for it.

EDIT: Oh boi my 100th post. As if that didn't take long enough. I really should be more talkative.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You know, Mewtwo will probably be accompanied by a stage (pretty sure he will). My guess is it's probably either PS1 or Saffron City.

I say we have the first match of every set be on that stage. Just for fun .

Also count me in. I will be maining Gray Mewtwo (I am also pretty confident there will be a gray color) all the way.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
or rather we could choose a short list of stages appropriate for this competition.
For example:
-PS2,
-Kalos Pokemon League,
-Battlefield (a battlefield is an appropriate place for a warrior... and a battlefield placed among ancient ruins is perfect for a, anguished warrior as mewtwo!),
-Final Destination (for the ultimate pokèmon, the final of all places!),
-Luigi's Mansion (it could remember a little Pokèmon Mansion)
-Kongo Jungle (it could remember the amazon forest where Mew was discovered)
-the stage(s?) that will be released with mewtwo (so Miiverse, and...?),

and only a few omega stages, for example:
-pyroshpere, (with mewtwo and not ridley, ahah, hylarious :D )
-bridge of eldin, ('cause mewtwo is much more frightening than king bulblin! )
-skyloft (at the end of the first pokemon movie, mewtwo leaves toward the skyes, uh? )
-onett (there are many psychic creature in that town, aren't they? and moreover, onett omega could remember the roofs of Saffron City )
-norfair (it could remember the laboratory burned by mewtwo in the first movie)

6 normal stages + 6 FD/omega stages

yes, I know, this isn't the normal stage list usually adopted for competitive tournaments, but i prefer see this as a "for fun tournament". However, I have choosen stages which are, more or less, still viable for real tournaments, and of course all other rules still are working, so no items (the ball for the final smashes could be interesting, though...)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
or rather we could choose a short list of stages appropriate for this competition.
For example:
-PS2,
-Kalos Pokemon League,
-Battlefield (a battlefield is an appropriate place for a warrior... and a battlefield placed among ancient ruins is perfect for a, anguished warrior as mewtwo!),
-Final Destination (for the ultimate pokèmon, the final of all places!),
-Luigi's Mansion (it could remember a little Pokèmon Mansion)
-Kongo Jungle (it could remember the amazon forest where Mew was discovered)
-the stage(s?) that will be released with mewtwo (so Miiverse, and...?),

and only a few omega stages, for example:
-pyroshpere, (with mewtwo and not ridley, ahah, hylarious :D )
-bridge of eldin, ('cause mewtwo is much more frightening than king bulblin! )
-skyloft (at the end of the first pokemon movie, mewtwo leaves toward the skyes, uh? )
-onett (there are many psychic creature in that town, aren't they? and moreover, onett omega could remember the roofs of Saffron City )
-norfair (it could remember the laboratory burned by mewtwo in the first movie)

6 normal stages + 6 FD/omega stages

yes, I know, this isn't the normal stage list usually adopted for competitive tournaments, but i prefer see this as a "for fun tournament". However, I have choosen stages which are, more or less, still viable for real tournaments, and of course all other rules still are working, so no items (the ball for the final smashes could be interesting, though...)
Eh...idk, seems like a lot to keep track of.
Anyways guys, we're at 18 people already. This could turn out to be a rather large-scale tournament. <3 Now remember, if you'd like to donate to the cause, send me a PM. Also, it would be neat if we could have someone stream some of the matches. If anyone is interested in streaming...please send me a PM as well, thank you!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I can stream both systems. Although my 3DS streaming is actually recording the 3DS screen (no modded 3DS) so it will look very crappy. Wii U one I can do 720 60 fps with a few hiccups here and there.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I can stream both systems. Although my 3DS streaming is actually recording the 3DS screen (no modded 3DS) so it will look very crappy. Wii U one I can do 720 60 fps with a few hiccups here and there.
That would be cool. :) Thanks.

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
I'm in as long as this isn't the same day Mewtwo releases :)!

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I'd like to participate! I'm not that active on the forums, but I've been looking forward to Mewtwo's release and I'm determined to make him/her as one of the characters i main, and i think playing with other Mewtwo mains would be good for me to learn some stuff he/she can do.

also hi, I'm new to the Mewtwo forums. :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
To all those who are interested in joining, please spread word about this. The more people we have, the bigger the event, and perhaps....the larger the prizes. ^-^

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Nice idea, I'm interested in participating to this tournament, though as I am European I don't think I'd be able to use those American rewards. But regardless, those are not what make me interested in participating in the first place :p

Will the tournament start the same day as Mewtwo is released? Or maybe a bit later?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Nice idea, I'm interested in participating to this tournament, though as I am European I don't think I'd be able to use those American rewards. But regardless, those are not what make me interested in participating in the first place :p

Will the tournament start the same day as Mewtwo is released? Or maybe a bit later?
Likely a few days later so everyone can at least try him out first.

Top Bottom