• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I was never the BIGGEST fan of Mewtwo. But that's cuz I wasn't good with him.
I absolutely loved his movie, and he was SO cool in Smash.

Mewtwoo <3

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'm yet asking myself when Mewtwo used a Nes Zapper... lol

YES!!!! MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'm really really REALLY hoping it's a character we get by sync'ing both versions, not registering them in club nintendo, due to the fact that club nintendo is only for US and Canada, and a lot of ppl don't live there, so it wouldn't be fair AT ALL. And hopefully, if the dlc works by sync both versions of the game, i can do it with a friend's, so it doesn't necessarily mean that "I" have to buy both versions....

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I'm really really REALLY hoping it's a character we get by sync'ing both versions, not registering them in club nintendo, due to the fact that club nintendo is only for US and Canada, and a lot of ppl don't live there, so it wouldn't be fair AT ALL. And hopefully, if the dlc works by sync both versions of the game, i can do it with a friend's, so it doesn't necessarily mean that "I" have to buy both versions....
I hope for the same. I want to borrow my friends SSB 3DS game to do it cause I really don't want to buy the game just for that.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I did, I had just been watching Pokemon the first movie again the other day so I had that shield he used on my mind and plus I was really desperately clinging onto hope all these years that he would return. I was getting really sad during this direct because I thought if Mewtwo wasn't revealed today it might be the end, since these news were ending tower of smash completely as well. But then as soon as I saw those feet... I'll tell you right now I may never react so enormously to something else again.

This has been such a long and difficult journey for Mewtwo fans like us, having to deal with people saying he was replaced and would never come back, people making jokes about him and "drinking on our tears", things like that. But we finally made it, its been almost 7 years since the initial disappointment of Mewtwo not being in Brawl, but finally he has returned. I'm so proud to be a part of the Mewtwo fanbase and to have experienced this with all of you. Thank you Sakurai and thank you to everyone who never left Mewtwo's side, we did it!!
I can proudly say that ever since his exclusion from Brawl I HAVE NEVER LEFT MEWTWO'S SIDE. I supported him to the end. I am one of many. Now its all paid off. I look forward to the day when he is a regular. A member of the recurring cast in every game. Never leave his side. Even once that day comes-Never leave Mewtwo's side.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
YES! I AM SO GLAD FOR THIS! I freaked out! Jumping and screaming! Nergasm for minutes! Thank you so much Sakurai! Finally I can forgive you!

I think it's pretty crappy that they will charge for DLC in this game, especially characters. They should be free. But I don't care cause it's Mewtwo!

This is the best reaction to it:
I did pretty much the same thing.

I did record myself a little but I didn't record from the start. So wish I had done that!

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I can't believe they used "Mewtwo is on the way!" instead of "Mewtwo strikes back!"

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I hope for the same. I want to borrow my friends SSB 3DS game to do it cause I really don't want to buy the game just for that.
Exactly, and both can get the character the same. I wouldn't buy a 3ds console and a game (nor anyone would for the wii u console and the game) just for one character. It HAS to be with sync....like seriously... that and the fact that club nintiendo is not for every country, but for 2 barely....

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Despite the fact that I think Mewtwo is one of the most overrated characters in Smash, I couldn't help but smile when I saw him. The way they revealed him was pretty good. And glad to see that I am getting something extra for buying both versions of the game.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Too much hype for my body to contain!! Welcome back:150:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Congrats, Mewtwo supporters who soldiered through Brawl and 3DS without a word of Mewtwo! You deserve him back!

I hope this means other characters stand a chance, especially since this shows that having a trophy doesn't discard them from the possibility. I'm worried Mewtwo will be a special case just because of his high demand, but hopefully he's just opening the floodgates (come back, :lucas:!).

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
DLC characters are confirmed????

WELCOME ICE CLIMBERS, WOLF, LUCAS, CHORUS KIDS and CAPTAIN TOAD!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, I'm happy for his fans, but I'm sure as heck not keen on buying a whole new system (3DS) and a game to get him, lol.

That really sucks... I hope that those who only own a Wii U or only a 3DS will be given the option to pay a small price to get him instead. Asking people to get both systems is ludicrous, although I know there'll be plenty who fall for it.
Maybe some people are faithful to Nintendo and already have both consoles like they should?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel that while Spring 2015 is a long time to wait for a DLC character, it gives me hope that Mewtwo simply isn't a port over from Melee with updated graphics but an entirely revamped character.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
That's really great! I'm not a huge fan of Mewtwo myself, but it's really nice to see that so many people were able to get back the character they wanted so much.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel that while Spring 2015 is a long time to wait for a DLC character, it gives me hope that Mewtwo simply isn't a port over from Melee with updated graphics but an entirely revamped character.
Same. It seems like he's getting some real work done, which is great.
Let's hope he isn't the last new addition through downloadable content...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, I'm happy for his fans, but I'm sure as heck not keen on buying a whole new system (3DS) and a game to get him, lol.

That really sucks... I hope that those who only own a Wii U or only a 3DS will be given the option to pay a small price to get him instead. Asking people to get both systems is ludicrous, although I know there'll be plenty who fall for it.
Pretty sure it said if you had both you get it for free, making it pretty obvious that you'd have to pay for it if you only have one or the other.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I like how he doesn't have a freakishly large head with thin neck like Melee/PM Mewtwo, he actually looks proportionate now, more like the game Mewtwo.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Maybe some people are faithful to Nintendo and already have both consoles like they should?
Hey man, I'm INCREDIBLY faithful to Nintendo, but simply don't have the funds to afford a home console. I limit myself to the current handheld and maybe one game per year.
Money is kinda expensive.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is really wonderful. It feels a bit like when Robin & Lucina were confirmed and they dragged us out of the rut the Gematsu leak had brought upon us.

Isaac and Mewtwo are my main two remaining wants. Now I have more hope for Isaac dlc.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think that if you just buy both games, you'll get him. Says nothing about buying a system, although I could be reading too much into this, and the DLC cost will probably be less than $40 anyway :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This is really wonderful. It feels a bit like when Robin & Lucina were confirmed and they dragged us out of the rut the Gematsu leak had brought upon us.

Isaac and Mewtwo are my main two remaining wants. Now I have more hope for Isaac dlc.
If Isaac is DLC then I'll have 4/5 of my wanted characters.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I think that if you just buy both games, you'll get him. Says nothing about buying a system, although I could be reading too much into this, and the DLC cost will probably be less than $40 anyway :p
I really hope we can buy him if we can't buy both games (and consoles...) , like seriously... or at least that the meaning of having both versions means that you sync them and not register them, since not all of us can't register due to club nintendo being only US and Canada...

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
it's amusing how little I actually care about mewtwo compared to everyone else, but hey, can't say I'm surprised or that I mind. Confirmed DLC is pretty nice too. There is a 0% chance I am holding some irrational hope for gihrahim dlc...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I really hope we can buy him if we can't buy both games (and consoles...) , like seriously... or at least that the meaning of having both versions means that you sync them and not register them, since not all of us can't register due to club nintendo being only US and Canada...
It's guaranteed it'll be paid dlc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom