• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewter's Hit Hard Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hello, this is me,Mewter.I want to show you a team I made primarily as a hit hard team to eliminate as many pokemon of the other team as possible. Tell me what you think of it.

Togekiss @ Light Clay

Modest Nature
Serene Grace
EVs: Special Defense/ Special Attack
  • Light Screen
  • Reflect
  • Metronome
  • Aura Sphere
    My brick wall. Sets up barriers for my other Pokemon. Tries to take down as much of the enemy as possible.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
EVs: Attack/ Speed
Adamant Nature
Motor Drive
  • Thunder Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Dynamic Punch
Evs: 253 Attack/ 253 Speed
My Main Physical Sweeper. Has advantage over 16 different types. Not from PBR.

Kabutops @ Nothing
EVs: 82 Attack/ 82 Def/ 82 Speed
Serious Nature
Battle Armor
  • Waterfall
  • Night Slash
  • X Scissor
  • Stone Edge
My Wild Card. Attacks have a high critical hit rate.

Roserade @ Big Root
Something... I'll change this guy, probably.
EVs: Special Attack/ Speed
  • Giga Drain
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Water Sport
  • Attract(Against Females)
Creates pain for other grass types. With water sport, barriers from togekiss, and possibly attack, can last a long time.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Mild
EVs: Special Attack / Speed
  • Thunder Bolt
  • Psychic
  • Shadow Ball
  • Destiny Bond
Brings down any Pokemon dumb enough to kill it right away. Takes them out before they can do anything. At least causes a considerab;e amunt of damage. My main special sweeper. Is warned by the Focus Sash when He will faint.

Alakazam/ Focus Sash
Modest
  • Psychic
  • Energy Ball
  • Shadow Ball
  • Focus Blast
My other Special Sweeper. Alakazam tries to take down as much as it can.

Replacements:
Magmortar@Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
EVS:252 Special Attack/ 252 Special Defense
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Solar Beam
Sunny Day

Kingdra@ The berry against Dragon attacks(No diamond with me right now)
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack / HP/Special Def/ Def
Hydro Pump
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
*I need a better moveset

Garchomp @ Expert Belt
Serious Nature
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Earthquake
Iron Head
Dragon Rush
Crunch

Omastar @ ?
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Defense/ 252 Special Attack
Surf
Pin Missile
?
?

Alakazam@ Choice Specs
Modest
  • Psychic
  • Thunderbolt
  • Substitute
  • Trick

MORE WILL BE UP LATER
If I simply put spp Att/ Speed or something to that effect, I mean half and half. Please comment on how I can improve.
Any Suggestions?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The only one I personally wouldn't use is Roserade.
maybe (if you want) you could try a vectribell like this
Victreebell@Medow Plate
chlorophyll/Rash
120HP/252Sp.Atk/252Atk.
-Leaf Storm
-sleep Powder
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
just thought it would help.

you can use sleep powder. then sunny day while their asleep. and then solar beam. leaf storm I use for emergencies.
(yes this is an actuall vicreebell I use)

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Togekiss doesn't want metronome. Air Slash would work better. Ironic you should say it's your brick wall because brick break will ruin your strategy easily. You should have another defensively built pokemon on your team to make sure you can survive longer.

The Electivire's good, but Cross chop would be prefered as it has as much power(albeit no confusion) and more accuracy.

NO NEUTRAL NATURES. Hax items such as Scope Lens and Brightpowder aren't allowed in standard play(please don't turn into Jman24star). Also, unless those are typos on your kabutops, EV train your kabutops more. While on the subject, don't just say what you EVed in, also write the amount placed into each stat. Since most of these are sweepers, I can assume 252/252, but that may not be the case all the time.

I'm not sure what to say about Roserade except: Impish is +def -sp. atk, so that hurts its sweeping abilities and should be replaced with modest or timid, and Water Sport and Attract are unnecessary and can be replaced with other moves.

Gengar(although I hate it) looks OK except for the Impish nature.

A third special sweeper is overkill. Take my earlier suggestion and use a defensive pokemon.

Overall, building a team built on sweepers may win you a couple games if you play it right but needs more defensive pokemon in case their counters come on out to play. Weavile can handle this team with little difficulty and Garchomp just comes in and rofls. Ban3 is right, Bronzong can wall this team not just because you have no fire attacks(most teams can't fit this scarcely used type in anyway except as an alternative option for a physical Dragon type so it wouldn't be all that useful against bronzong anyway), rather because your physical options are easily brought down by it. I suggest having more defensive options and having physical sweepers that aren't earthquake weak.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Mewter said:
Hello, this is me,Mewter.I want to show you a team I made primarily as a hit hard team to eliminate as many pokemon of the other team as possible. Tell me what you think of it.

Togekiss @ Light Clay

Modest Nature
Serene Grace
EVs: Special Defense/ Special Attack
  • Light Screen
  • Reflect
  • Metronome
  • Aura Sphere
    My brick wall. Sets up barriers for my other Pokemon. Tries to take down as much of the enemy as possible.
This set won't fare well against common leads. Shift your sp.def EVs to hp, and drop Metronome for Air Slash. Since you're slow, you have no way to deal with sleep leads. Brick break will also destroy your barriers. You may want to use a different lead, like your Alakazam or Roserade.
Mewter said:

Electivire @ Expert Belt
EVs: Attack/ Speed
Adamant Nature
Motor Drive
  • Thunder Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Dynamic Punch
Evs: 253 Attack/ 253 Speed
My Main Physical Sweeper. Has advantage over 16 different types. Not from PBR.

Actually, you only have coverage on 13 types. Physical walls will easily take advantage of you. Cross Chop is more reliable than Dynamic Punch. If you want, you can try squeezing Fire Punch in there to handle Steel types better. You can also try a mixed set, but that would require breeding for a new nature.
Mewter said:

Kabutops @ Scope Lens
EVs: 82 Attack/ 82 Def/ 82 Speed
Serious Nature
Battle Armor
  • Waterfall
  • Night Slash
  • X Scissor
  • Stone Edge
My Wild Card. Attacks have a high critical hit rate.
Rebreed for a different nature. Your EVs are messed up. Also a "high" critical rate is only around 20% or so. Night Slash doesn't get a lot of coverage, but you can keep it if you really need the psy/gho coverage. I can't really tell you what to do with this set. It's beyond repair...
Mewter said:

Roserade @ Big Root
Impish
  • Giga Drain
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Water Sport
  • Attract(Against Females)
Creates pain for other grass types. With water sport, barriers from togekiss, and possibly attack, can last a long time.
Your nature will hinder you more than it will help you. Water Sport and Attract won't help Roserade do it's job at all. It seems like you're trying to keep your Roserade alive for long periods of time. A sub-seeding strategy may suit your needs better. Sludge Bomb will hurt the grass types immune to this strategy, and you can use the Spikes of your choice to rack up passive damage if your opponent switches out to get rid of the Leech Seeds. You could also use Sleep Powder to incapacitate something you can't outstall. Leftovers is always more effective than Big Root.
Mewter said:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Impish
EVs: Special Attack / Speed
  • Thunder Bolt
  • Psychic
  • Dark Pulse
  • Destiny Bond
Brings down any Pokemon dumb enough to kill it right away. Takes them out before they can do anything. At least causes a considerab;e amunt of damage. My main special sweeper. Is warned by the Focus Sash when He will faint.
Impish, again, will hurt you more than it will help. You definetly want to use Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse because of STAB. Psychic doesn't get that much coverage but can catch your opponent by surprise. Hypnosis, Energy Ball, and Focus Blast are among the many options you can fit in its place.
Mewter said:

Alakazam/ Focus Sash
Modest
  • Psychic
  • Energy Ball
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
My other Special Sweeper. Alakazam tries to take down as much as it can.

If I simply put spp Att/ Speed or something to that effect, I mean half and half. Please comment on how I can improve.
Your type coverage with Alakazam is almost the same as Gengar's. I suggest you replace on or the other. You can try running Trick Specs so that he can fufill another job. Then use Calm Mind to stat up while your opponent switches. If you want, you can try running a mixed Gengar with sub-punch. Explosion is an option too.

OVERALL:
Garchomp will eat you. It does indeed look like you are new to competitive battling. Sandstorm will ruin your Focus Sash strategies. No mixed sweepers means you're going to get walled easily. Half of your team is very predictable, thus making easy switches for your opponent. This is aided by the fact you have no Entry Hazard support or status support. If you ever get the chance to force your opponent to sweep, you can't really take advantage of that either without stat-up moves. I understand you're trying to just sweep, but when you get walled, you'll find yourself switching more often than you're sweeping. Needs a lot of work.

Mewter

Smash Master
This set won't fare well against common leads. Shift your sp.def EVs to hp, and drop Metronome for Air Slash. Since you're slow, you have no way to deal with sleep leads. Brick break will also destroy your barriers. You may want to use a different lead, like your Alakazam or Roserade.

Actually, you only have coverage on 13 types. Physical walls will easily take advantage of you. Cross Chop is more reliable than Dynamic Punch. If you want, you can try squeezing Fire Punch in there to handle Steel types better. You can also try a mixed set, but that would require breeding for a new nature.

Rebreed for a different nature. Your EVs are messed up. Also a "high" critical rate is only around 20% or so. Night Slash doesn't get a lot of coverage, but you can keep it if you really need the psy/gho coverage. I can't really tell you what to do with this set. It's beyond repair...

Your nature will hinder you more than it will help you. Water Sport and Attract won't help Roserade do it's job at all. It seems like you're trying to keep your Roserade alive for long periods of time. A sub-seeding strategy may suit your needs better. Sludge Bomb will hurt the grass types immune to this strategy, and you can use the Spikes of your choice to rack up passive damage if your opponent switches out to get rid of the Leech Seeds. You could also use Sleep Powder to incapacitate something you can't outstall. Leftovers is always more effective than Big Root.

Impish, again, will hurt you more than it will help. You definetly want to use Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse because of STAB. Psychic doesn't get that much coverage but can catch your opponent by surprise. Hypnosis, Energy Ball, and Focus Blast are among the many options you can fit in its place.

Your type coverage with Alakazam is almost the same as Gengar's. I suggest you replace on or the other. You can try running Trick Specs so that he can fufill another job. Then use Calm Mind to stat up while your opponent switches. If you want, you can try running a mixed Gengar with sub-punch. Explosion is an option too.

OVERALL:
Garchomp will eat you. It does indeed look like you are new to competitive battling. Sandstorm will ruin your Focus Sash strategies. No mixed sweepers means you're going to get walled easily. Half of your team is very predictable, thus making easy switches for your opponent. This is aided by the fact you have no Entry Hazard support or status support. If you ever get the chance to force your opponent to sweep, you can't really take advantage of that either without stat-up moves. I understand you're trying to just sweep, but when you get walled, you'll find yourself switching more often than you're sweeping. Needs a lot of work.
Togekiss doesn't want metronome. Air Slash would work better. Ironic you should say it's your brick wall because brick break will ruin your strategy easily. You should have another defensively built pokemon on your team to make sure you can survive longer.

The Electivire's good, but Cross chop would be prefered as it has as much power(albeit no confusion) and more accuracy.

NO NEUTRAL NATURES. Hax items such as Scope Lens and Brightpowder aren't allowed in standard play(please don't turn into Jman24star). Also, unless those are typos on your kabutops, EV train your kabutops more. While on the subject, don't just say what you EVed in, also write the amount placed into each stat. Since most of these are sweepers, I can assume 252/252, but that may not be the case all the time.

I'm not sure what to say about Roserade except: Impish is +def -sp. atk, so that hurts its sweeping abilities and should be replaced with modest or timid, and Water Sport and Attract are unnecessary and can be replaced with other moves.

Gengar(although I hate it) looks OK except for the Impish nature.

A third special sweeper is overkill. Take my earlier suggestion and use a defensive pokemon.

Overall, building a team built on sweepers may win you a couple games if you play it right but needs more defensive pokemon in case their counters come on out to play. Weavile can handle this team with little difficulty and Garchomp just comes in and rofls. Ban3 is right, Bronzong can wall this team not just because you have no fire attacks(most teams can't fit this scarcely used type in anyway except as an alternative option for a physical Dragon type so it wouldn't be all that useful against bronzong anyway), rather because your physical options are easily brought down by it. I suggest having more defensive options and having physical sweepers that aren't earthquake weak.

Oops, sorry for the mistype. The Gengar has a mild nature. And the Roserade has a different nature. One that doesn't harm its special attack. I know this doesn't change much, but thank you for the advice.
Yes, I'm aware that my Kabutops is messed up. :laugh: I was thinking about trianing a new one, anyways.

Mewter

Smash Master
What the..This team doesn't hit hard at all...
Maybe if you're fighting a Magikarp, yeah...:laugh: I managed to beat all my friends with it, but it's nothing for competetive play, I'm sure. So that's why I would greatly appreciate some constructive criticism.

Overload

Smash Lord
Ever consider weavile? Also, on gengar, something I like to do is have destiny bond and counter on him holding a focus sash of course. you can counter their attack which leaves you at 1hp, that should kill them, then if you are fast enough use destiny bond, and you have taken out 2 pokemon with just gengar.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Let me explain why I am closing this. If you do not have the basic understanding of natures and EVs you should not be posting a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom