• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Mew2King Champion of Evo 2014 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It'd be kind of cool to see, actually!

PPMD wins Apex
Mango wins MLG
Armada wins CEO
Mew2King wins EVO

All that'd be left is for Hungrybox to win a big tournament and the 5 gods of Smash would come full circle in 2014.

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
Hopefully he gets a new controller after ceo(im assuming thats why he performed lackluster) and can pull it off

Wolfnuts

Smash Rookie
he said that he got one after ceo. He tried 20-30 before he found one he considered "good" lol

Osennecho

Smash Ace
It'd be kind of cool to see, actually!

PPMD wins Apex
Mango wins MLG
Armada wins CEO
Mew2King wins EVO

All that'd be left is for Hungrybox to win a big tournament and the 5 gods of Smash would come full circle in 2014.
Am I the only one who considers SKTAR3 a big tournament/major? It had PP, Mango, M2K, and Armada in addition to over 200 other people in melee. To me PP has won 2 majors so far and didn't even attend CEO.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SKTAR is pretty big. But is it MLG and EVO levels in terms of publicity? I don't think so IMO. Apex has become the ultimate tournament series for Smash compared to everything else so far.

[EDIT]

That is, Apex being more of a grassroot tournament (though now there's sponsors and stuff for that too)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly hoping that Mew2King takes EVO 2014. I am not certain about it though, he has been playing fairly lackluster (compared to his usual self, I suppose, he is still a dominant player) recently and he usually sticks to Sheik and Marth; more likely than not, because of his hand condition in addition to the two being less technical characters. I am sure that he could probably send HungryBox or Armada to losers, but PP or Mango?

He is my favorite to win, but I seem to envision M2K taking 4th for whatever reason.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I'm slating PPMD to win EVO. With my Mangoat as a second choice. Armada for third and M2K Fourth.

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
I am honestly hoping that Mew2King takes EVO 2014. I am not certain about it though, he has been playing fairly lackluster (compared to his usual self, I suppose, he is still a dominant player) recently and he usually sticks to Sheik and Marth; more likely than not, because of his hand condition in addition to the two being less technical characters. I am sure that he could probably send HungryBox or Armada to losers, but PP or Mango?

He is my favorite to win, but I seem to envision M2K taking 4th for whatever reason.
Well, he did recently beat pp and m2k and mango seem to be going back and forth; imo armada is the real issue(and hbox if m2k isn't playing well with fox)

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, he did recently beat pp and m2k and mango seem to be going back and forth; imo armada is the real issue(and hbox if m2k isn't playing well with fox)
Agreed. Armada is playing extremely well recently, I did not expect him to take CEO to be honest, he was relentless. I suppose it really depends on the stage, we all know that M2K choked last EVO with the accidental SD. I am not asserting that it is not possible for him to take EVO, nothing would make me happier; however, it just seems as though his tech skill has been attenuated. His Fox is not as impressive as it once was. It seems as though every-time he goes Marth, PP counter-picks Marth making it much more difficult for him. I could see HBox giving him problems, I cannot remember which event, but he counter-picked Jigglypuff for a mirror because he was not confident in his Fox. You are correct though, Mango and M2K are going back and forth which in my opinion, is the real problem. I certainly expect Mango at Grand Finals myself. It depends on whether or not M2K is on winners side at that point.

pickle962

Smash Lord
That's assuming someone doesn't do random **** to mess up M2K's technical almost robotic style of playing ala Mango when he first came on to the competitive scene absolutely destroying M2K with JigglyPuff

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 3rd again, like he has seemed to be at every recent tournament. However, I'd really love for him to take first and upset Mango and Armada's current back and forth. Him or someone else. As much as I enjoy watching Mango/Armada matches, I wouldn't mind seeing it switched up a bit.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I'd say M2K John train again. Seems to be all he has done lately. Complains about this or that and never owning up to his own faults.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I'd say M2K John train again. Seems to be all he has done lately. Complains about this or that and never owning up to his own faults.
True, it is the trend lately. I expect him to get either 3rd or 4th, but there's always the chance he could have a big turnaround. I know all of them are training hard for it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Someone said M2K took a stock off Leffen in 10 seconds. I don't know if they were exaggerating or what exactly they meant by that. I haven't been able to watch the stream because I don't have a computer on the weekends.

Can someone fill me in on the latest?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Someone said M2K took a stock off Leffen in 10 seconds. I don't know if they were exaggerating or what exactly they meant by that. I haven't been able to watch the stream because I don't have a computer on the weekends.

Can someone fill me in on the latest?
I don't remember exactly how fast it was, but it was pretty close to 10 seconds. The Robot played like the Terminator that set.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, 10 seconds sounds about right. Leffen was really struggling against M2K.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
M2K must want it bad.

I believe he has a shot at the big time. I'm rooting for you, Jason!

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
Did anyone see any matches with m2k's sheik? wondering how hes doing with her.
His Marth was absolutely phenomenal vs leffen;good chance of him beating mango tomorrow.

TheRealDMac

Smash Rookie
I doubt he'll read this lol, but I just wanted to thank Mew2King for sneaking in a casual match with me after our pools match last year; nobody else could have played that off like it was nothing.

Blus

Smash Rookie
yeah Mew2King is known to be a deal nicer than the rest of the best 5 and play casuals with anyone.

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
Sigh, its Apex 2014 all over again. 5th place is still good tho, good effort m2k, mango was unstoppable.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
M2K didn't do so well.
I know you probably don't mean any bad by this comment, but honestly I think he did do well. 5th place is still really good out of all the competitors who all were playing extraordinarily well. I expected him to get 3rd or 4th, he got 5th. I expected Armada to get to Grand Finals, but he got 3rd. So it was a bit of a surprising finals.

I was super happy with that, though, because honestly I was starting to grow a bit tired of the constant Mango vs. Armada Grand Finals. However, if that had happened I would have still been satisfied, as I felt it would have been like the final showoff between them. The grand finale of that battle that's been going on for quite some time. Armada seemed very disappointed he didn't get a chance to fulfill that. But I was very happy with it all.

I say congrats to M2K and everyone! They all played really well.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I know you probably don't mean any bad by this comment, but honestly I think he did do well. 5th place is still really good out of all the competitors who all were playing extraordinarily well. I expected him to get 3rd or 4th, he got 5th. I expected Armada to get to Grand Finals, but he got 3rd. So it was a bit of a surprising finals.

I was super happy with that, though, because honestly I was starting to grow a bit tired of the constant Mango vs. Armada Grand Finals. However, if that had happened I would have still been satisfied, as I felt it would have been like the final showoff between them. The grand finale of that battle that's been going on for quite some time. Armada seemed very disappointed he didn't get a chance to fulfill that. But I was very happy with it all.

I say congrats to M2K and everyone! They all played really well.
While you're right he played well I still don't think he played 100%. M2K hasn't been playing very well lately and I really want to see him back at the top 2. Mang0 is my #1 guy and even I want M2K to start winning again,. I slated Hbox to take it but Mang0 was too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom