• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Darkurai

Smash Master
We are now. Send the friend vouchers. I'll send mine after I eat lunch.

Darkurai

Smash Master
ZOMGWTFBBQ
...well, you can still send it. I accidentally sent Friend Vouchers to someone who doesn't have the game.
Meanwhile, I'll be checking what the eff's going on.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Didn't recieve it.
I think the problem is that you just finished the game and haven't started one. I think you need to do that and go to the nearest save station (samus' ship)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow, i decided to go straight to veteran mode since i wrecked the 1st too. its pretty tough. a lot of random encounters can really kill you when endless amoutns of enemies start spawning around. and WTF? at rhundas in veteran mode. those homing ice moves were so hard to get away from...thank god for hyper mode...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, i dont play this as much as i though cuz i play smash way too much. but i started playing it a bit more, and want to reiterate how good this game is. im in skyworld right now and have to build the projectile to destroy the leviathon. this game really starts to build quick as you go to the new worlds. and i love all of the lore....peace

-Ggah

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'll do it in spoilers, just in case
Beams

Plasma Beam (least i think that's what it's called) melts ice, certain metals. More powerful.
Nova Beam retains abilities of plasma beam, can shoot through phazite. More powerful.
Hypermode beam-after chrage fires several rapid powerful shots like a gatling gun.

Missile
Ice Missile-freezes **** lol.
Hypermode missile-huge explosions ftw.

Visors-
Scan visor
Command Visor-lets you command the ship to perform certain actions, like calling it to a landing site.
X-ray visor-like the first game. Also allows you to see through phazite. Useful on numerous occasions when enemies are invisibile, or have split themselves.

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
I'd like to add a bit to the last answer. Metroid Prime is less focused on different visors and beams than last the two times. The beam weapons 'stack'.

- Seeker Missiles you get after the Ice ones. They allow you to lock on to five targets (including the same one). They're normal missiles, and if you don't charge them (which is how you lock on) you still get Ice missiles.
- Hyper Ball isn't a beam, but is a powerful attack you get for the morph ball in hyper mode.
- The X-ray Visor combined with the Nova Beam's ability to shoot through a lot of things can be used to get weak points on an enemy. It zooms in on the creature when you lock on and you can take out their weak point. Most of these are one hit kills, except for a boss and an enemy that has two weak points (one kills, one does loads of damage. On top of that, the X-ray visor is now much easier to see in.
- Grapple Voltage/Hyper Grapple are essentially the same weapon, but have different out of combat purposes. The Voltage requires you to lose health to use. These only work on enemies that you can grapple to kill.

@ h1orshi: You will wish it was a projectile soon enough. It's actually a bomb.

And Rundas is easier if you rush him. Go nuts with Hypermode every time he's vulnerable, and you should be able to kill him before he goes into Hypermode himself, or he uses that bloody attack with the huge ice block. I started on vet, by the way. I'm not sure if the hyper difficulty gives him too much health for that tactic though.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
For some reason, the game doesn't impress me. I've only played a little of it (I'm going to get the upgrade so I can command my ship to blow things up), but I'm not really liking it. And I loved MP1.

Zink

Smash Champion
Eor, I feel the same way... I think it's because the planets feel smaller than the large, open areas of MP1 (compare Bryyo to Chozo Ruins). It felt like there was just more places to go in MP1.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
MP3 is MP1 with better control but less emotion and wonderment IMO. If you want to go Halo style, go all the way- you can't try to mix the two worlds.

That said, I enjoy MP3 a lot, but it's certainly not the revolutionary achievment that was MP1. I'm starting to get a little depressed with the quality of videogames lately. Hopefully MG can satisfy my need for an enticing piece of art- rather than a thought with unfilled potential.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Because at least the story of this one is awesome, better gameplay controls, and a lot of extras... also best metroid prime yet...

sure halo rocks and all, but Id only buy it for the multiplayer... seriously...

El HP

Smash Ace
MP3 was a disappointment for me is nowhere near as good as the previous primes, this game feels like a metroid for novice players, is completely linear and easy, is shorter, no weapon changes, no combos, even the expansions are shown in the map WTF is that? and the bosses are boring only ones I liked were both ridley fights, the only improvements are controls and a slight improvement in graphics still a fine game.

BTW Metroid is not a shooter is an action/adventure game so please don't compare apples to oranges.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I agree with the complaints about MP3. To much handholding and less equipment FTL.

And the fight with Ridley although cool wasn't challenging at all. Whereas many consider Ridley harder then Metroid prime in the first game.

Very dissappointing.

Stryks

Smash Hero
MP3 was a disappointment for me is nowhere near as good as the previous primes, this game feels like a metroid for novice players, is completely linear and easy, is shorter, no weapon changes, no combos, even the expansions are shown in the map WTF is that? and the bosses are boring only ones I liked were both ridley fights, the only improvements are controls and a slight improvement in graphics still a fine game.

BTW Metroid is not a shooter is an action/adventure game so please don't compare apples to oranges.
Mp3>MP2
maybe MP1 is the best, I sincerely cant make up my mind, but it easily beats MP2, the only cool thing about MP2 are the uber hard bosses...

MP3 didnt felt like a metroid game, because in metroids u feel alone, totally lost or something, bt this time around u got troopers and the AU to help u out, which aint very metroid-ish... but the final lvl, when all the troopers come and together take out the pirates, its without a doubt one of THE best final parts of ANY game, it felt to epic, helping the troopers and viceversa...

and besides at least the story was cool, I mean samus corrupted and all, very awesome...

El HP

Smash Ace
MP3 is a shooter
No.

Mp3>MP2
maybe MP1 is the best, I sincerely cant make up my mind, but it easily beats MP2, the only cool thing about MP2 are the uber hard bosses...

MP3 didnt felt like a metroid game, because in metroids u feel alone, totally lost or something, bt this time around u got troopers and the AU to help u out, which aint very metroid-ish... but the final lvl, when all the troopers come and together take out the pirates, its without a doubt one of THE best final parts of ANY game, it felt to epic, helping the troopers and viceversa...

and besides at least the story was cool, I mean samus corrupted and all, very awesome...
For me MP2 is the best, the bosses, the challenge, longer than MP1, the graphics, the stages were the most original in the metroid series and the light suit is sexy only thing it lacked was ridley.

Another thing I hated from MP3 was Gangrayda she's so annoying the only cool hunter was Rundas.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
MP2 was amazing. You turly felt like the Ing were unstoppable and you were alone. They killed all the federation troopers and drove back the luminoth. They were fearsome, dark, and extremely powerful.

The atomsphere of the game was spot on.

Also Light suit >>>> all other suits.

And yeah the difficulty rocked.

People hate on it, because it's hard and because of the beam ammo, but if you are a good player you will never run out of beam ammo.

MP3 has a solid story though and it tied all the games togother really well, I will give it that.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's becoming a problem with Metroid and Zelda. The next time I play a Metroid or Zelda game, I want the feeling of being lost, alone, and desolate.

El HP

Smash Ace
I agree with the above comments one of the things that make Metroid great is the atmosphere which MP3 lacks and yeah many people bash MP2 because of the higher difficulty, I always enjoy a good challenge that's the main reason I consider MP2 the best in the series.

Yaya

Smash Champion
My PED Suit just went freak out.

I did not see it coming, I was like, "WHOA! A BUTTON! A BUTTON!"

Stryks

Smash Hero
I didnt like MP2 because I never liked the one good world and an evil world games... also it didnt fell very metroid-ish, theres like only 3 type of metroids, and there rare, and space pirate fights were only a few...

I didnt bash the difficulty, I said the best part of MP2 was the difficulty IMO... true the wolrds were cool, didnt like the dark much tough... but I prefer the MP3 worlds, theyre so awesome...

and whoever says MP3 is a shooter, ur dead wrong, its an 1st person adventure, seriously its not like its halo or something...

El HP

Smash Ace
Another thing I hated from MP3 were the load times in some stages in takes too long to load at first I thought my Wii was damaged or it was a game glitch.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Another thing I hated from MP3 were the load times in some stages in takes too long to load at first I thought my Wii was damaged or it was a game glitch.
Cmon man, the maps are huge,and the loading dont take more than 5 - 8 secs, seriously, its not like ull die of boredom and everything...

besides in the loading screens at least they give u a mini cinema, unlike other games thats just blank and with the word loading in the bottom...

Top Bottom