• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Gear Salad Presents: Captain Falcon Wall Jump Tips and Tricks

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
For those who just didn't think they had enough way to show others their moves, Youtuber Metal Gear Salad has just the video for you. "Ever wanted moves like Jeapie? Clutch like Lord? Ever wanted to kill Mufusa? Here are some wall jump tricks and tips for beginners and veterans alike to take your Falcon to the next level". Known for solid Melee tutorials and the occasional humorous video, this video shows off some tips and tricks to get the most out of Captain Falcon's walljump.

SmashCapps looks forward to seeing Metal Gear Salad's next video. To keep up with all thing Smash follow him on Twitter and check out Metal Gear Salad's Twitter as well.

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
This is an interesting tech, thanks MGS and SmashCapps! I don't main the Captain, but seeing that he has developing tools at his disposal is convincing me to try him out.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Please leave.
No need to be hostile or rude.

I love this quality news.
Though the same can be said here as well. Not everyone likes to see the same things, but a lot of folks on here enjoy tutorial videos. They help people learn about the game they play in quicker more digestible chunks. I love writing original content and covering big new stories but they simply just don't happen every day, and we want to keep the front page fresh, so videos like this are a nice way to do so. If you don't like them that's totally fine, but it'd be nice of you to express that in at least a polite manner. That, or just avoid the stories you don't want to read.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
That's really cool. Melee has the greatest movement options if you are creative

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
No salad exploding salad gifts? WHY?
Also, cool techs.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
@ Metal Gear Salad Metal Gear Salad

So, let me see if I understand this, dash attack right at the edge, run off, tilt the control stick toward the stage, and use the C-stick to do the wall jump? this hits the jump as well as an aerial...?

I assume you make this Falcon based because he can utilize this trick best? cause I can understand YL SDing attempting this... dunno if Mario can do this very well.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Metal Gear Salad Metal Gear Salad

So, let me see if I understand this, dash attack right at the edge, run off, tilt the control stick toward the stage, and use the C-stick to do the wall jump? this hits the jump as well as an aerial...?

I assume you make this Falcon based because he can utilize this trick best? cause I can understand YL SDing attempting this... dunno if Mario can do this very well.
Falcon naturally falls off of the stage whenever he is done with dash attack, so you can just tilt your control stick towards the stage in the dash attack animation. After that, he is wall jumping with the Control Stick and doing an aerial with C-Stick right after he wall jumps in order to interrupt the wall jump animation.

Falcon is the best for this because he has the second best horizontal air speed in the game (behind Puff), has a wall jump, doesn't have super-laggy aerials (which means he can do more out of the Scarjump sooner), and has arguably the best aerials in general.

SSP Trip

Smash Rookie
No need to be hostile or rude.

Though the same can be said here as well. Not everyone likes to see the same things, but a lot of folks on here enjoy tutorial videos. They help people learn about the game they play in quicker more digestible chunks. I love writing original content and covering big new stories but they simply just don't happen every day, and we want to keep the front page fresh, so videos like this are a nice way to do so. If you don't like them that's totally fine, but it'd be nice of you to express that in at least a polite manner. That, or just avoid the stories you don't want to read.
I have been competitively playing Smash for about a year now. I get on SmashBoards to check the news reel for tutorial videos. So, people like me do indeed exist. I also know that many of my fellow local smashers do something similar. Thank you SmashCapps for covering all areas of competitive and casual smash :)

(And who's to say casual play can't teach you something you could use to eventually reshape the meta. You never know with Smash.)

SilentDeadbolt

Smash Cadet
Falcon naturally falls off of the stage whenever he is done with dash attack, so you can just tilt your control stick towards the stage in the dash attack animation. After that, he is wall jumping with the Control Stick and doing an aerial with C-Stick right after he wall jumps in order to interrupt the wall jump animation.

Falcon is the best for this because he has the second best horizontal air speed in the game (behind Puff), has a wall jump, doesn't have super-laggy aerials (which means he can do more out of the Scarjump sooner), and has arguably the best aerials in general.
Arguably the best aerials? Idk man. They're good but have you seen marth?

Top Bottom