• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Unmasked: A Dimensional Guide to Meta Knight

Player-4

See you in 25 years
When Orion or anyone else wants to finish the missing elements up, I mean I guess I could take a crack at it but it's not really my forte

Player-4

See you in 25 years
See post 1 post and 3 posts above yours...

You guys can finish this and get your name on it, or I can just finish this up the best I can, up to you guys.

The original plan was to collaborate with Orion and knock this out but lol

OCD

Smash Cadet
let me make 100% complete =]
Uair Uair nado nado nado upB nado nado Dair Dair Uair nado nado nado Dsmash Dsmash.
xD
Mew

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think it'd be good to post that Meta Knight (and any character with a Glide for that matter) can glide up as high as the point of which he started the Glide. Did that make sense? Just my two cents... and a nickle.

~PWN~

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think it'd be good to post that Meta Knight (and any character with a Glide for that matter) can glide up as high as the point of which he started the Glide. Did that make sense? Just my two cents... and a nickle.
This is false you can gain momentum to go higher then when you started.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
you need a simple addition to the recovery section. You should mention using MK's glide so you don't waste your jumps and put that first before jumping. Also mention stuff like if you glide on your last jump, you'll enter free fall. Mention not to glide too close to the stage, or you'll be likely to be ht back off.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
i don't see why people are spamming then. if you're the moderator of this board, of the forum, idk, you should do something about it.
and it's the first time i post at the metaknights board, so i don't think how i'm pushing your buttons with my stupid posts.
just because you're a moderator you can't talk to people like that be arrogant as you like just because you can ban them.

--------------------------

I guess the tornado has a great usage besides recovering and combo finishing, because people can't get out, and it pass trough things, it's used for damage racking, that's just awesome :D

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Listen 2011, you have much yet to learn, I've already read enough of your 3-4 posts to see they're already semi-trolling (or you really don't know what you're talking about). Learn to lurk more.

And I really don't need a call out like you know what you're talking about. Let me do my job like I have been for the past year or so, I know what I'm doing.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Listen 2011, you have much yet to learn, I've already read enough of your 3-4 posts to see they're already semi-trolling. Learn to lurk more.

And I really don't need a call out like you know what you're talking about. Let me do my job like I have been for the past year or so, I know what I'm doing.
Ok :marthmelee:

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
Summary: Fsmash… Where do I being? It’s probably my favorite move with Meta Knight, but that’s just me. This move has very good potential, and if you’ve ever watched Tear Bear, you’ll notice the amount it’s used. Fsmash is great for baiting your opponent. Let me elaborate.

well there is just a slight spelling error i think u mean begin just thought i would let you know

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's obviously just a typo for "begin".

Anyway, will this thread get updated again? I may help by writing some points (maybe not full write ups), specially considering how different MK styles are, and how they have developed: There are that Nairo/Otori superaggro, Nairo/Kakera glide master, M2K's fast-accurate, M2K/Rain wornado, Tyrant's pacience and Ally's 90% grounded, to name some few.

987lee

Smash Rookie
Actually MK isn't the best character for starters I would use Pikachu or Kirby and Kirby is a Match-up for MK and people say he's OP but he has a lot more down-sides, sorry to disagree but I'd say you have to be an average player at least to play him because almost ALL his attacks leave him weak. He is my fav. character but that's only because i'm good at the game.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I really think this should be removed from the guide
Its talking about dsmash.
This move is punishable, and bad players will likely get dsmash habits by reading this imo. And a second dsmash isn't likely to kill early because it will be stale.
This move also has the cooldown frames to make it spammable, if you don’t hit with it, follow up with another Dsmash right after it. Chances are you can catch your opponent off guard, and by doing so, killing them at low percents.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I really think this should be removed from the guide
Its talking about dsmash.
This move is punishable, and bad players will likely get dsmash habits by reading this imo. And a second dsmash isn't likely to kill early because it will be stale.
If you miss then how would it be stale? The idea behind it was if you miss with the first you can usually hit with the second, and if you're close to the ledge and you catch people with bad DI you can net an early kill.

TyponV

Smash Rookie
This was a good read. It does a really good job showing people just how many options MK has at basically every moment in a match. Learned a few new uses for some moves, and this really made me want to implement FSmash into my gameplay for things other than reading ledge options and punishing bad rolls. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the guide!

Also, I'm not sure if somebody has mentioned this yet, but you could add a paragraph on Glide Attack in the Kill Move section. If not stale, its a really viable KO move.

Top Bottom