• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

smasher01

Smash Ace
I think its the other way around kaffei, and if its nair when hes blasting it must be really hard to time out.
if im wrong im sorry lol

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i was looking through the tier list once again and im sick of losing with the characters i pick. I used to think that i wanted a fun character but no, i actually want a character that can win tournaments because the only way i have fun is if i win.

So im thinking about going to mk and only mk and i want a different name. Maybe Mew2Prince (M2P) or something.

Thanks for your time

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey guys i was looking through the tier list once again and im sick of losing with the characters i pick. I used to think that i wanted a fun character but no, i actually want a character that can win tournaments because the only way i have fun is if i win.

So im thinking about going to mk and only mk and i want a different name. Maybe Mew2Prince (M2P) or something.

Thanks for your time
Mew2Prince lmao don't copy M2K

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I feel like a **** fool asking this right now but I couldn't find it in the guides (granted I didn't look very hard).. but how do you cancel MK's shuttle loop?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think its the other way around kaffei, and if its nair when hes blasting it must be really hard to time out.
if im wrong im sorry lol
Well if he's charging you can just dair him since he is moving slowly but if he's blasting the he's move fast so you might get the dair hitbox wrong and screw up where as nair you can just drop down and hit him since nair is a pseudo absolute defense

Boofy! said:
I feel like a **** fool asking this right now but I couldn't find it in the guides (granted I didn't look very hard).. but how do you cancel MK's shuttle loop?
Um.. You need to be more specific.

If you're doing a GSL you press B and smash down at the same time so you do a fast fall cancel when you do this you don't move horizontally if you look at it as an X/Y plane so this is good and fast.
you can also just glide down but you move forward and it takes longer so it's easier to punish especially if you do a glide attack which a lot of MKs do.

In the air just press B for a cancel but you'll free fall and can't do anything or glide attack, which also makes you free fall. Glide attack is overrated lol

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^ yes that's exactly what I'm talking about.. I see it done all the time in videos but when I go to look for one to give an example I can't lol.. I must have looked for a half hour.. anyway thanks alot Kaffei/Ragnar0k

EDIT: gratz me! 500th post yayuhhz

Kaffei

Smash Hero
^ yes that's exactly what I'm talking about.. I see it done all the time in videos but when I go to look for one to give an example I can't lol.. I must have looked for a half hour.. anyway thanks alot Kaffei/Ragnar0k

EDIT: gratz me! 500th post yayuhhz
grats

10wats

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I simultaneously do one of his second jumps and up-air he jumps while doing an up-air (normal) but then does an other empty jump for no reason. Anyone understand why?
PS: I turn tap jump off.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Whenever I simultaneously do one of his second jumps and up-air he jumps while doing an up-air (normal) but then does an other empty jump for no reason. Anyone understand why?
No idea.. Maybe you're pressing it twice but you don't notice. Or your controller could be broken

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Are you buffering it accidentally somehow? I do it sometimes if I use a multi jump with tap jump and cstick an uair simultaneously but hold up a tad too long. Up air is quick so it's easy to buffer stuff after.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I only press each button once and at the same time which gives Y+A+joystick up (though the jump might be just a tiny bit before the attack). What's weird is that I have tap jump off so it shouldn't buffer an other jump. Also if I follow my first up-air with a second one right after, he doesn't do an other jump.

Other possibly usefull information is that if I do the up-air a split second after the jump I don't do an other empty jump.

Conclusion? Maybe my controller really is broken...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Whats the best way to ledge guard other Mks? Stay below the stage and shuttle loop once they are over-b to the ledge? Or hover above the ledge to D-air their Tornados/over-B?

I normally hover above the ledge, but I feel like it's too risky and I'm putting my jumps at risk...
:<

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
It may have to do with glide mechanics. While on his 2nd or later jump and u press back and forward quickly u will enter a glide. I believe doing part of this motion can cause another unintentionaly jump.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
I can't control MK's tornado >< sometimes when I do a grounded tornado it flies all the way to the top platform of battlefield.

I understand the more you mash B the higher you'll fly, but sometimes when I mash B it only flies to the lower platforms of battlefield (which isn't THAT high) compared to when it randomly flies to the top platform (which is pretty high). Does the vertical momentum you have before executing the move have anything to do with it?

What pisses me off the most is when I'm just a tiny little bit beneath the edge and I use tornado (mashing B like a madman) and I gain practically zero vertical height. what the hell :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I can't control MK's tornado >< sometimes when I do a grounded tornado it flies all the way to the top platform of battlefield.

I understand the more you mash B the higher you'll fly, but sometimes when I mash B it only flies to the lower platforms of battlefield (which isn't THAT high) compared to when it randomly flies to the top platform (which is pretty high). Does the vertical momentum you have before executing the move have anything to do with it?

What pisses me off the most is when I'm just a tiny little bit beneath the edge and I use tornado (mashing B like a madman) and I gain practically zero vertical height. what the hell :(
SH/FH Nado. Problem solved.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey everyone i have a question for yal.. what color on MK looks more like a bad guy? Give me your top 2. Mine is Red and Blue.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I remember reading something about using down B to cancel a grounded shuttle loop, when should i press down B to cancel it?
As soon as the glide starts. What you're basically doing is cancelling GSL and fast falling at the same time.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Whats the best way to ledge guard other Mks? Stay below the stage and shuttle loop once they are over-b to the ledge? Or hover above the ledge to D-air their Tornados/over-B?

I normally hover above the ledge, but I feel like it's too risky and I'm putting my jumps at risk...
:<
good mks are gonna recover really low and usually from below the edge. your gonna wanna try to time your invincibility frames to hit them out of whatever recovery method they try to use. its gonna be all about reaction. remember anything they try to do CAN be beaten by you if you choose the right thing to do

earla

Smash Lord
mindgames to get back to the ground when you're above another mk?

typo * meant above*

asportking

Smash Rookie
Assuming you can get your opponent in the air, which is the best direction to knock him? Straight up, down, back on to the stage (I doubt it) or away from you?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm extremely aggravated at this.

I have played against one of the most rubbish players I've ever played. But they played Snake and spammed explosives the whole time. The only thing he was good at was keeping momentum, and I got ***** over and over by someone extremely terrible.

How do I really get around Snake explosives and get back Momentum from Snake? All those mines, mortars, and C4s just get me every time and once Snake gets rolling I can't stop it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm extremely aggravated at this.

I have played against one of the most rubbish players I've ever played. But they played Snake and spammed explosives the whole time. The only thing he was good at was keeping momentum, and I got ***** over and over by someone extremely terrible.

How do I really get around Snake explosives and get back Momentum from Snake? All those mines, mortars, and C4s just get me every time and once Snake gets rolling I can't stop it.
Camp until you see an opening then just spam tornado and juggle him. Generic Snakes are sooo easy.

Bleekr

Smash Rookie
How the *bleep* do I get down?

I'm new to Brawl, and still getting used to everything. One problem I've had since I've been using Metaknight is once I'm in the air and my opponent is on the ground they seem to juggle me like I'm a beachball. They constantly use Usmashs and anything they can and no matter what I do (down b, down tilt, air dodge, etc) their hit connects and mine doesn't... Is there any move or strategy I can use to land safely without taking such a beating just trying to touch the ground? Is it about timing my moves?

Any help is appreciated!

Kaffei

Smash Hero

I'm new to Brawl, and still getting used to everything. One problem I've had since I've been using Metaknight is once I'm in the air and my opponent is on the ground they seem to juggle me like I'm a beachball. They constantly use Usmashs and anything they can and no matter what I do (down b, down tilt, air dodge, etc) their hit connects and mine doesn't... Is there any move or strategy I can use to land safely without taking such a beating just trying to touch the ground? Is it about timing my moves?

Any help is appreciated!
Use dairs to help you, or glide off stage and then drill rush onto the ledge. Then plank until you see an opening and get back on stage..

idk

Also, when Falco/Fox are using side B to recover onto the stage, is GSL reliable? Cus I tried it before and it worked but idk it's something you can do consistently (i can't test it cus my wiis are broken) I do it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDrwahn4v0#t=0m39s

39 seconds

Vionce

Smash Journeyman

Also, when Falco/Fox are using side B to recover onto the stage, is GSL reliable? Cus I tried it before and it worked but idk it's something you can do consistently (i can't test it cus my wiis are broken) I do it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDrwahn4v0#t=0m39s

39 seconds
pretty much everything is reliable since falco's hitbox travels behind him during the 2nd half of his move.

Strafe

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of good meta knights abuse the hell out of Mach Tornado, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me! Every time I use it I can't get the last tick off and i get punished by the fast fall. It seems as if it doesn't even have that much priority for me. What am I doing wrong? Any tips so I too can abuse to mach tornado? XD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I see a lot of good meta knights abuse the hell out of Mach Tornado, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me! Every time I use it I can't get the last tick off and i get punished by the fast fall. It seems as if it doesn't even have that much priority for me. What am I doing wrong? Any tips so I too can abuse to mach tornado? XD
For one, it works best vs heavy characters or fast fallers. It also works when they're falling down/trying to land since nado is pretty much a juggle tool.
Nado also has a lot of landing lag if you fly up too high, so try to stay at a certain height so you know that you will land with minimal lag.

V

Smash Ace
What's taking so long getting new summaries up in the MU thread?

How to approach a Marth with good zoning?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What's taking so long getting new summaries up in the MU thread?

How to approach a Marth with good zoning?
We don't do MU discussions anymore because our boards are really lazy.
Marth generally out ranges you, so you have to be careful with your spacing. Tornado is alright vs Marth but he can up b out of it, and counter it. I think dancing blade breaks it as well, I don't remember.

MK's Dtilt and the last hit of ftilt out range Marth mostly.

If they're just spamming fairs then you can power shield one of them and grab him cus Marth is not really supposed to play aggressively vs MK. If they're playing aggressive vs you, you can pretty much read and punish everything they do

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Every aerial that hits your shield is pretty much a free Up B out of shield.

And Tyrant told me that if Marth SH's you get a free tornado.

Top Bottom