• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I thought it was to cancel the lag won't the lag just remain like that?
Basically..
Some moves can't be auto canceled, for example Marth's Down Air. Unless you full hop it so the Dair frames end by the time you land, a short hopped Dair will always have lots of landing lag.

If you SH, and do a fast falled Fair as Marth, you'll land with basically no lag meaning you auto-canceled the Fair.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Basically..
Some moves can't be auto canceled, for example Marth's Down Air. Unless you full hop it so the Dair frames end by the time you land, a short hopped Dair will always have lots of landing lag.

If you SH, and do a fast falled Fair as Marth, you'll land with basically no lag meaning you auto-canceled the Fair.
*narrows eyes*

You don't know what auto canceling means.

jpak

Smash Lord
So what does auto-cancel mean then? Also, what's the proper control inputs to get out of grabs as fast as possible?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
*narrows eyes*

You don't know what auto canceling means.
Let me rephrase.
When you land on the ground after an aerial near the last/earliest frames so you get regular landing lag
Next time OS, instead of pointing how wrong I am, tell the new person what auto canceling is. :|
inb4 I'm still wrong.

@jpak http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169171 You might be interested in this (I'm not really sure if this is 100% ask OS)

jpak

Smash Lord
Thanks Kaffei.

What's the proper input to get out of grabs? Also what should I do when toon link is recovering with up b?

I've read the match up thread and the guide.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks Kaffei.

What's the proper input to get out of grabs? Also what should I do when toon link is recovering with up b?

I'm not exactly sure how to break out of a grab, but I usually spin the control stick as fast as I can in a circle, while spamming A, B, L, R, and Z.
It also helps to spam the buttons BEFORE you get grabbed, which apparently Ally does by predicting his opponent.

kaffei4lunch

Smash Cadet
Thanks Kaffei.

you can flick the c stick, but it has to return to the center each time
spin the control stick around like a mad man
mash all the buttons

jpak

Smash Lord
What's the fastest way to get out of the waters of Jungle Japes?
Is there a video or forum post stating how to get out of certain moves like Pikachu's down smash, or Pit's side B?
How does shadow do the left right dashes in his matches?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What's the fastest way to get out of the waters of Jungle Japes?
Is there a video or forum post stating how to get out of certain moves like Pikachu's down smash, or Pit's side B?
How does shadow do the left right dashes in his matches?
1. I just jump and DC onto the closest ledge.
2. There's a thread somewhere explaining SDI, but idk where it is.
3. Just go left and right really fast, lol.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly sure how to break out of a grab, but I usually spin the control stick as fast as I can in a circle, while spamming A, B, L, R, and Z.
It also helps to spam the buttons BEFORE you get grabbed, which apparently Ally does by predicting his opponent.
yeah, me and atomsk do that all the time, too. it's very helpful, especially vs ICs. if you know you're about to get grabbed, start mashing!
i can break out of grabs VERY quickly if i want to, lol.
i mash all the face buttons while rotating the control stick.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yeah, me and atomsk do that all the time, too. it's very helpful, especially vs ICs. if you know you're about to get grabbed, start mashing!
i can break out of grabs VERY quickly if i want to, lol.
i mash all the face buttons while rotating the control stick.
Shadow, do you mind giving me tips on the Diddy MU

ALSO I heard that if you don't touch your control stick while getting hit by the 1st hit of nado, you just pop right up, meaning it's easier to get sucked if you move at all. Is this true? Can anyone test this

smasher01

Smash Ace
in the mk ditto where is the best place to DI out of the down throw grab?
or can they always follow up if they know where you are going to DI?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
in the mk ditto where is the best place to DI out of the down throw grab?
or can they always follow up if they know where you are going to DI?
if you DI away and towards the ground and airdodge before you hit the ground (do it too late and you'll tech; you dont want that) you effectively remove all their options for followups. if they try to dash attack at 0 you can PS it and nair them OOS for 19%. and if they try to regrab you spotdodge it. (however that can be baited so dont be predictable)
dj_iskascrib told me to do this

Desteny

Smash Rookie
I have a question:

Can anybody tell me how to fight Pikachu?
I tried to Dair camp him, but this was not the beest tactic, because my friend figured out that Pikas Uair beats MKs Dair -.-

and my second question is:
Which Stage should I try to get if we are in the Stage Striking procedure? And which Stage should I pick for my CP?
(Stage to ban: FD?)

jpak

Smash Lord
What's the benefit of grabbing the ledge with dimensional cape?
How do I cancel the ledge grab and instead just pass over it(I think its called ledge cancel)? This is separate from my DC question.
Any tips on gliding? I can only make it under neath stages like battlefield, smashville and final destination with a drill rush at the end.

Desteny

Smash Rookie
If u use DimCape u must not hold B or any other Button in order to not to do the DimCape Attack, and then u can grab the ledge!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What's the benefit of grabbing the ledge with dimensional cape?
How do I cancel the ledge grab and instead just pass over it(I think its called ledge cancel)? This is separate from my DC question.
Any tips on gliding? I can only make it under neath stages like battlefield, smashville and final destination with a drill rush at the end.
DC: It's a mix up I guess... + you have a small amount of invincibility frames.
I don't understand your 2nd question.
For gliding, just make a giant custom stage and practice gliding straight, up, down, etc. I go left to right to adjust direction. Up and down works too. Whichever is easier for you.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I mean, is there really any safe option with the banana, if you have it, it sucks, if you don't, it sucks, what's a good option with bananas?

jpak

Smash Lord
DC: It's a mix up I guess... + you have a small amount of invincibility frames.
I don't understand your 2nd question.
For gliding, just make a giant custom stage and practice gliding straight, up, down, etc. I go left to right to adjust direction. Up and down works too. Whichever is easier for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR31dxDB2DI @ 0:50. Also is there any reason he always hits the balloons? Does hitting it affect stale move?

jpak

Smash Lord
Okay, but how does he cancel the ledge grab instead he just goes over the ledge at 50 seconds and attacks.

earla

Smash Lord
i'm talking in terms of mk ditto.

say the mk does 2 f-tilts and is going to cancel into a d-tilt/dash whatever

so i should wait for the 2nd ftilt and try and grab after it before their 3rd ftilt?
won't i need a faster move?

thx

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
He drill rushes into the ledge and grabs it. Then he drops from the ledge by pressing away from it and double jumps onto the stage.

Master Raven

Smash Master
i'm talking in terms of mk ditto.

say the mk does 2 f-tilts and is going to cancel into a d-tilt/dash whatever

so i should wait for the 2nd ftilt and try and grab after it before their 3rd ftilt?
won't i need a faster move?

thx

Most MKs that do that will use it as a mixup, so you really don't have any safe options against it. You'll just have to rely on guesswork.

Top Bottom