• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
Use X or Y to jump and use the C stick to Uair. Try to stay at the same height offstage where your Uairs just barely go above the ledge. Once you're on your 3-4th jump either dimensional cape/shuttle loop/jump back to the edge and repeat. You could also jump back onto the stage and nado/fair/air dodge into something buffered like dash attack or shield.

BroTip: Don't use tap jump to jump as Meta Knight... ever. It's just a bad idea. :)
OK I got you. Thanks.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
You should learn to jump with buttons jem. :X
So how or when do you ever sh nair oos? xD just play subspace emmisary with controls that turn tap jump off, then you'll be used to jumping with buttons. :D

Dojo

Smash Champion
You should learn to jump with buttons jem. :X
So how or when do you ever sh nair oos? xD just play subspace emmisary with controls that turn tap jump off, then you'll be used to jumping with buttons. :D
This. It's something you gotta learn to better yourself as a player. When I first started I had to force myself to start clawing my aerials because I knew they would come out faster. It took probably about a week of consistent practice (3+ hours daily) to start getting comfortable with it. But now it's like doing anything technical, it becomes second nature.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'm actually having the problem Soler is having. I was trying to do the fancy cancelled uairs back and forth off the ledge, and I can't find a way to do it with up to jump. I think that's the first downfall I've found to using up to jump. It sucks because I can only jump with up to jump, I can't short hop with Y and X. I've been using up to jump since 64 lol.

even mained spacies in melee without using Y or X.. im weird
Lovage uses up to jump =)

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
BroTip: Don't use tap jump to jump as Meta Knight... ever. It's just a bad idea. :)
Edit: thought you said to turn it off. my bad. =X

Yeah, I use tap jump just for chain uairs or OoS SL. Otherwise I jump with buttons.

Staco

Smash Champion
shield tabjump a is much faster, since you are able to do the nair much earlier and even buffer it
if you press up you need to get your controller back in the neutral position, which takes some time and it´s extremly hard to do it frameperfect (way to hard, just to get a nair OoS)

Ive got a special type of using the c-stick by controlling it with the lower half of my thumb (I press the jump button and instantly pull my thumb downwards a centimeter do use the c-stick with the lower half of my thumb)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Dair camping with mk with tap jump is alright, because it's easier. But jumping with the buttons is important, and it makes short hipping easier, with tap jump short hopping is hard. xD Also just makes things more precise! :p
Also what staco and dojo said.
<_<

If I go to pound jem, and I don't see you jumping with buttons, I'm going to be sad. :X

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
You really gotta force yourself to get used to it. Helps if you have long fingers. =X

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm not going to Pound :(. Might not be going to whobo after-all either. Maybe not even Genesis 2. Even though I want to try and prove I can compete nationally but oh well :)

Too hard!! It's a habit I've had since I was babyjem!

earla

Smash Lord
1. best options if dthrown by snake?

2. best way to avoid utilt. how do u change you game when you're at utilt ko %

milesg2g

Smash Champion
How da hell do you approach Zss? It's annoying the **** out of me because I can't find Xdeaths guide to Zss any where and I keep losing to the ****

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
1. best options if dthrown by snake?

2. best way to avoid utilt. how do u change you game when you're at utilt ko %
I may not be the best person to tell you this but,

1. Don't get grabbed. But if you to, just try and read what he will do.
2. I start going for grabs and I try to space.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong but you live in MD/VA? Idk if I know of any notable Zss. Why would you like keep that away from me lol?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
MDVA sux azzz
I keep everything away from everyone because i hate sharing

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I went to Winterfest this weekend and I got wrecked by Makat. I had no idea what he was doing with his squirtle and his charizard gayed me hard with rock smashes and out of grab stuff. How do I play against charizard and squirtle, please? Again? >.<

Kaffei

Smash Hero
charizard may seem like just nado spam but no. u have to be patient. rock smash can beat nado (well a lot of moves can but w/e). juggle his *** and gimp him
idk much else
squirtle is fast as fk. idk i just play gay lol

FD96

Smash Cadet
I am having trouble with two things right now.
The first is against an olimar I kept on being juggled, do you guys have any tips to avoid this?
And the second is that when I was on the edge I found it hard to get off of it against a G & W.
Thanks.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I am having trouble with two things right now.
The first is against an olimar I kept on being juggled, do you guys have any tips to avoid this?
Olimar doesn't have enough aerial horizontal movement to juggle MK if you use your cape, or even glide away from olimar and to the ledge. Gotta mix it up and keep it difficult for him to juggle.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Okay, so I went to Winterfest this weekend and I got wrecked by Makat. I had no idea what he was doing with his squirtle and his charizard gayed me hard with rock smashes and out of grab stuff. How do I play against charizard and squirtle, please? Again? >.<
When squirtle is out, camp for two minutes. Then, fight the other pokemon, lol. Ivysaur is silly, get him off the stage, and nado charizard, but be smart about it. :D

Edit: Clawing is a specific way that you hold your controller and play. I find it painful. But most people find it more efficient to play with said hand position. :X It'd be better to just to show you but I don't have a picture. <_<

Toneh

Smash Lord
Edit: Clawing is a specific way that you hold your controller and play. I find it painful. But most people find it more efficient to play with said hand position. :X It'd be better to just to show you but I don't have a picture. <_<
yeah its basically using your right pointer finger to jump and thumb to do aerials
This. It's something you gotta learn to better yourself as a player. When I first started I had to force myself to start clawing my aerials because I knew they would come out faster. It took probably about a week of consistent practice (3+ hours daily) to start getting comfortable with it. But now it's like doing anything technical, it becomes second nature.
I've tried like 2 other control setups to avoid clawing but they were too weird to get used to (z button as jump, L button as jump).

Im learning claw but its such a pain bc I've never used it lol. That and I gota shield with L now or else my hand will be all cramped up

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
If I'm on the ground waiting for a meta knight above me to land, how should I punish his landing? I really need help with punishing landings. :/ I've known about the concept, but I just recently "got" it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It depends on what he does to land obviously..

If he air dodges just hit him or grab
If he glides to the ledge then that's not very easy to punish
If he dimensional capes try to predict where he will appear (but then again it has little end lag so punishing it is risky)
If he air dodges to spot dodge, wait then grab/attack
If he air dodges to roll, same thing

You can also bait him to air dodge. Traps are sexy

Top Bottom