• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorial Melee Tournament @LMU FREE FOOD AND NOS FT. S2J + Westballz + MERC

khepri

Smash Lord

Memorial Melee Tournament @LMU FREE FOOD AND NOS FT. S2J + Westballz + MERC

~Doubles~

1. S2J + Merc Falcon + Fox :falcon: + :fox:
2. Likewise + Westballz Sheik + Falcon/Falco :sheik: + :falco:/:falcon:
3. A Rookie + Baka Mario + Peach :mario: :peach:
4. Sung + Khepri Falco + Falcon :falco: + :falcon:
5. Resident Waffle + Shaseimaster Fox + Falco :fox: + :falco:
5. Peligro + Nardis Peach + Falcon :peach: + :falcon:
7. Oops + Read Falco + Falcon :falco: + :falcon:
7. Bosco + Raish
9. 2jar + Nice_Guy_Ry

~Singles~

1. S2J Falcon :falcon:
2. Westballz Falcon/Falco/Fox :falcon:/:falco:/:fox:
3. Sung Falco :falco: :peach:
4. Khepri Falcon :falcon:
5. Baka Peach :peach:
5. Merc Fox/Falco :fox:/:falco:
7. A Rookie Mario :mario:
7. Peligro Peach :peach:
9. Crimson Blur Marth :marth:
9. ResidentWaffle Fox :fox:
9. Nardis Falcon :falcon:
9. Scott Pilgrim Fox :fox:
13. Shaseimaster "Yuta"
13. 2jar
13. Oops
13. Midg
17. Mulan
17. Read
17. NICE_GUY_RY
17. Raish
21. BeTRNYL
21. Bosco
21. VOLKSWAGIN
21. COCO

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Bosco - Thanks for hosting man it was great and the venue is spacious and it wasn't incredibly hot or anything it was cool, feels good and we should play next time
S2J - Dinner :)
Westballz - Learned some stuff hopefully it'll be enough to beat you, also I will do my best not to attack like a noob
Khepri - Caught me in major chokesies but you did too. Man I was rolling into you SO HARD I got super nervous. Godlike play beating Baka. I think we can do really well in teams at this rate too.
Baka - Lol that composure, rollin more than I was. Shoulda tried to go for more grabs against Merc on FD for sure
Merc - You did super well beating Baka with fox and I think you could have beaten him in bracket with fox too. I tried hard not to attack stupidly.
A. Rookie - I think you should wavedash oos more often (I should too actually) and it should help your defense game. It looked like you were losing confidence/getting nervous against Merc not ledge dashing as much. Your mario is super legit though and you need all of that confidence to nail those edgeguards.
Peligro - Aw man the LAST thing you want is to be winning and then mess up something small and getting gimped. The double jab to grab mixup is really good and you use that well, something Baka never does.
Likewise - Ggs! I'll be down for another 5$ 3/5 MM next tourney. It's a great thing PP vs M2K was in grand finals with TWO sets at Zenith so I'll definitely be doing some research, I learned some stuff playing you but I think my main problem was being too predicting and not reaction esp on edgeguarding you. I never see the aerial after I shoot you with my laser coming but people do that to me on the occasion and I gotta respect that
Crimson Blur - I think you need to pin point where your thoughts are going to when you're playing, because it looks like you aren't thinking. Resist all temptation for doing your normal go-to tactics and just look at what your opponents are doing.
ResidentWaffle - Didn't really play but watched you vs Baka for a bit where you had the lead and lost it super fast LOL can't go for things that could be a trade at high %
Nardis - So good in teams and definitely improving nice
Scott Pilgrim - Concentrate a little more when you illusion so you don't SD right below the ledge
Yuta AKA onani master kurosawa - Didn't get to play but you look really legit and really technical too, cannot believe you didn't make it out of pools
Oops + Read - Really cool to see y'all again, Dendy should be back in like a couple of months for more oxyfests :/
Midg - Tech skill tech skill need to learn that perfect float height against falco lasers to maneuver around them
Raish - You've gotten a lot better! And you're pretty good at techchasing too
COCO - Who do you main!?!? haha I saw all sorts of characters hope to seaya around
Mulan/2jar/NICE_GUY_RY (cool name)/BeTRNYL (Betrayal?)/VOLKSWAGIN - Can't remember

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL onani master wth

im curious where shasei came from though.

fun well-run tournament, ggs to everyone.

COCO

Smash Cadet
@ Sung
I main Fox (and Falco) and I tried picking up falcon but I guess that only works for doubles (or falcon dittos)

I admit I was rusty entering the tournament, but towards the end I got lots of good practice from u guys. Thanks again Jonny for hosting

khepri

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

S2J: You were crazy difficult to track in teams. Insane. I can't wait to see how you do at fc. Also, I could really use some tips from you on how to improve. You're miles above me and I'm willing to learn.
Westballz: Glad I got to play you twice in tourney. Sad I didn't get the third chance.
Sung: Always so close and such a tense ending that we both make so many noob mistakes. I'm gonna get you next time.
Baka: Ggs. I thought playing you was a death sentence but you ended up so nervous that I took the set from you. Sad you're heading out for the summer, otherwise I would say you and I should play much more often.
Merc: You're so damn good with so many characters.
A Rookie: You're mario has so many tricks I've never seen that every time I watch you play I set there astounded. Let's start practicing more smash and SF4 so we can go to Evo.
Peligro: We had a super close set. I really think you prepared me for baka.
Crimson Blur: Who did you lose to?
ResidentWaffle: You were so good at grabbing me! You have an interesting fox style that I need to improve against.
Nardis: I didn't get to play you in singles but I really wanted to, let's make sure to get that in next time.
Adam: Oh **** man, you destroyed me in that mm. Next time just ask me to spot you for the entry fee and you can pay me back when you win. Good ****.
Yuta: I still don't understand what happened to you.
2jar: You were the luigi in my pool, right? I really enjoyed our matches. I really hope to see you at more tournaments.
Oops/Read: You two need to play with more people. At every tournament I've seen you go to I always see you two playing each other. You need some variety in your game. Read, it sucks that you're leaving to Oregon so soon. Oops, please join us more often.
Midg: I had never seen you before and I didn't get to play you but I hope we play at the next tournament.
BeTRNYL: I felt bad when you said you and your buddies were there to play brawl. I hope you at least enjoyed it a little.
Bosco: Super super thanks for hosting.
COCO: Glad to see you at a tournament. Who do you play with now that sniper stopped hosting?

I had a lot of fun at this tournament.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
quick thoughts:

khepri dont sell yourself short. ur a solid player and played a lot better yesterday than at emily's tourney haha. no johns u definitely deserved ur win. let's try to get in a few smash sessions before summer though, i'd like to work on that falcon matchup! had a blast talking to u and albert at in and out. also LOL is that a callout to TCB? (<3 arian, u should def come by too sometime)

also sung i need help against fox lol. with help from u and khepri i think ill be prepared for mojo back in TX

peligro thanks again for coming out and teaming with jon, he had tons and tons of fun, kept talking about it the rest of the night. no thanks for warming khepri up tho T_T dunno if ull read this lol never seen u do shoutouts

albert idk why but i had so much fun teaming with u hahahaha, coulda done better but still had a good time

EDIT: Sung you played peach!?

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
"A Rookie: You're mario has so many tricks I've never seen that every time I watch you play I set there astounded. Let's start practicing more smash and SF4 so we can go to Evo."

Evo? I've already made plans with the Crimson Blur to go :) (I'm also picking up Jesson/Emily/Atlus) it'd be sick to hang out there

Onani master kurosawa was really satisfying to read

I'm down to play whenever I don't have school/work, with the fox thing though it's really just you hoping they mess up with their L cancels or hit you with a soft aerial instead of a strong or something like that, that's almost always the only way you get anything going

All of my noobiness was completely exposed playing you Khepri, I'm glad cause it hit me in the face really hard and I can get even better

EDIT: No I didn't play Peach, I didn't even use anyone else besides like...Marth/Sheik in a few friendlies. Also you and A Rookie should team up more so we can get a bye in bracket

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
copy pasta:

only cuz i didnt enter

shoutouts:

bosco: gotta get your real name next time. thanks for hosting. venue fee is expensive but we've been low on tournaments so beggars can't be choosers. very kind of you to go out of your way for predominantly one person (me). wes really appreciated those strawberries, hahaha, and so do i! if anything i'd much much prefer free water over free nos. no high fructose corn syrup!

ben: you keep getting better, dude. slow and steady wins the race! if we play 1-2 times per week this summer you'll be really good before you know it. forgot to have you look over my controller. thanks a lot for calling me the night before and pulling my arm to go. im slightly better at this game than i think i am.

jocelyn: quiet as a mouse! i respect that.

johnny kim: always enlightening playing you. you're the king of johns, even though i always believe them. off day or not this was the first time playing you since my return that i didn't feel overwhelmed, but simply outplayed. you have weaknesses and strengths just like anyone else. you're amazing at not getting hit.

weston dennis: hahahahaha thanks for teaming with me. your falcon and my sheik do not mix! my fox and your falcon are better off but i didn't have confidence without my good controller. super clutch third game in beating peligro/nordin. we pulled that out of our ***. how the heck did we lose to baka/a rookie in winners? okay i take some blame too: i was playing too passively. i started to turn it on late in losers and was really feeling it v merc/s2j. winning two consecutive sets is tough though. i have a lot of experience teaming with marth, fox and falco so if you have to use a secondary, go marth or fox!

you're a deceptively smart player in singles. when my ego was larger i disliked playing your secondaries but now i feel like you're doing me a favor. it's easier to learn when you're not getting *****, plus your secondaries are unique. your falcon and marth are sick. oh my god you ***** me so hard that second money match. baiting that fair and reverse uairing on reaction. i woulda tapped if you went marth though. next time i'll try to have money so i can mm your falcon, marth and fox. people need to stop johning; falcon is fierce on fountain of dreams.

sung hyun: it took me a couple of stocks to get relaxed in our money match. this game is all about keeping a clear head. that comeback game 1 really set the tone for the set. you almost did the same in game 4! i was pretty nervous, catching myself thinking: 'you don't want to go to game 5...' i wish i could tell you exactly what you're missing but when i'm playing you i'm just trying not to get hit.

julio: awww, if black people could blush! your compliment in the middle of our money match really threw me off! hahaha, the ultimate mindgame. i was on point! not entering really fired me up to win all my money matches.

jason yoon: would've been fun to play you in teams! too bad you got demoralized with your ganon in game 1; the money match lost its luster in my eyes after that. your falcon's particularly odd, though, with some grimy reads. i need to calm myself down whenever i play you; i want to beat you too badly! just like sung even though i won 3-1 i felt the result could've easily been the opposite. i was risking tilt when that dude was chatting you up in the middle, and right after you kneed me while i was hanging on the ledge. holy crap i was annoyed! glad i found my composure.

broderick: hahahaha your name is bold! THE EMERALD TABLETS! dah foo. really enjoyed playing you in teams. hope to see you at more tournaments; you're precisely what socal needs: variety, style and demeanor.

yuta: are you named after an anime character? or should i say is an anime character named after you? hahahaha. pretty good falco. not gonna lie, i intentionally went sandbagging fox in our friendly set in hopes it would con you into money matching it for reelz. DON'T GO DOWN THERE! that's how i roll; thugged out since cub scouts! nah man your falco is legit! you're from san diego? i like your falco because it's not weird; it's your classic new age technisocal falco. i respect that.

vahag: i was on point today! FOUR STOCK SON WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED! okay, i'm sorry for putting you on blast like that. last time i played you i underestimated you so i made sure to bring my A game this time around. go to more tournaments!

daniel blado, chris [peligro], albert [a rookie]: you're lucky you don't money match ;)

nordin: is that your tag? what's your name? holy crap you were ****** me in teams for a minute. you know how to edge guard sheik!

michael haber: we need to do sheik dittos fah daaaaaayz! so good for learning fundamentals. possibly my favorite matchup

oscar nilsson: i wish you were here (c) incubus

matt tafazoli: NO IRVINE?! YOU ARE IRVINE! IT WAS SO NAKED WITHOUT YOU! i woulda ***** you in a money match though; i was on today. also was nice not to slow down the tournament with recording. dude, recording/commentary is so overrated. if it ain't losers/winners/grand finals/$5 money matches it's done.

jeremy agaric: i'm leveling up just in time for you to come back to 909 for the summer! COME ONNNN! dude, if you and jason come back for the summer, i'm gonna be pro status by fall.

ARIAN: hahahaha, wes has convinced me to pronounce your name like nazi. i want to hear vahag or someone armenian pronounce it! GO SPURS GO! HOLY CRAP I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR THIS! CANNOT WAIT UNTIL 5:30 PM! who's gonna call the game? jesus is reggie miller really part of the no. 1 broadcasting team for TNT? steve kerr, reggie miller and marv albert? i like kevin harlan more than albert, though. i love me some albert but harlan's detached, low-key style is my cup of tea. GOD I HATE REGGIE MILLER! chris webber is so much better than him. the thunder are gonna get crushed for playing fisher/perkins (and to a lesser extent thabo) this series. they're really gonna miss eric maynor here. ginobili's been off the first two series; he's due for a HUGE one here. i predict 22 ppg, 42% 3pt%, 48% FG, 4.7 apg, 2.5 spg, 1.5 to. if he outplays harden the thunder have no chance.

GINOBILI V HARDEN: THE 2ND AND THIRD BEST SHOOTING GUARDS IN THE NBA FACING OFF! THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SERIES! i predict spurs in 5 but i hope it goes 7 w/ spurs winning LDO

2Jar

Smash Rookie
First, quick shout out to bosco for hosting the tournament, if you host any tournament at lmu in the next two years, i can almost guarantee i'll be there.

Khepri - I was that luigi from the pools that you stomped. even though i played terribly against you, it was extremely fun and i want a rematch.

I'm new to the tournament scene and what i found out quickly is that i only know two match ups. The only thing that i don't like about smash atm is there aren't enough tournaments that i'm aware of in the area for me to go to so i can get some practice and hang out with the smash community.

To remedy this, i'm extremely down to host a kickback at my place in which i already have two full setups (we can fit around 4 other ones comfortably if people bring em). I live in the northern glendale area (right next to verdugo park if you know where that is) and would appreciate it if anyone would wanna come or give me help gettin the word out about it. i'm free almost any weekend

a rookie

Smash Ace
EVO here we come! I wanna do really good at sf4, but there's so many talented players out there xD Haha. I'll just have to work extra hard! Khepri, Crimson Blur, Sung, and more at Evo? LET'S A GO!

Top Bottom