• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorial Melee Tournament @LMU FREE FOOD AND NOS FT. S2J + MERC SETUPS NEEDED!!!

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, my names Jonny Levi AKA Bosco. I'm fairly new to the smash scene so not alot of you guys may know me. I will be hosting a Smash tourny this Memorial Day weekend. There will be FREEEEE FOOOD, and there will also Nos willl be sponsoring so FREEE NOS!! Also, I WILL BE RAFFLING OFF SICK PRIZES !! Lets make this hype

PLEASE BRING SETUPS AND POWER STRIPS THERE WILL BE DISCOUNTS REWARDED FOR THOSE WHO DO SO

Adress: 1 Loyola Marymount University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Specifically Pereira Hall, Room 140
When you enter the university, ask the person working at the kiosk for instructions to Pereira Hall and they will give you a mini map
If you have problems finding it call me (1310 8679434)
Also parking will not be an issue

Times
11:00 AM - Venue opens
12:00 PM - Signups begin
1:30 PM - Signups end, Doubles begin
4:00 PM - Singles pools begin

Venue Rules
1. Cursing and being loud is fine
2. Please clean up after yourselves
3. No weed :awesome:

Fees:
$7 Entrance Fee (Bringing a console = $2 off, bringing a TV = $3 off and bringing both = $4 off)
$5 Singles
5$ (per person) Doubles

Bracket Payout
1st: 60% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot

Doubles Payouts
1st: 60% of pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
Rules

Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-Items are set to off
-The stock is set to 4
-8:00 Timer
-All sets are best of 3 in pools
-All sets are best of 5 matches in bracket
-Modified Advanced Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick any stage he or she previously won on with the exception of the stage you initially struck to.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose the stage they last won on
-Ties will be broken by lies, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
-The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
-Wobbling is illegal
-Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
-Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned
-Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree

*Neutral Stages*

-Final Destination
-Dreamland 64
-Battlefield
-Yoshi Story
-Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
-Pokemon Stadium (Doubles)

*Counterpick Stages*
-All neutral stages
-Pokemon stadium (Singles)
-Kongo Jungle

*Set Order*

-Blind Picks character selection
-Stage Striking: Players eliminates stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order
-The first match is played
-Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage
-The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match
-The winning player of preceding match picks character
-The losing player picks character
-The next match is played
-Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete

Contact Me

Cell: 13108679434

E-mail: mrjman@sbcglobal.net

AIM: Cowmilker124

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I will try to come with my crew.

"$7 Entrance Fee ($5 for bringing Console, $3 for bringing full setup)"
- What if we bring both? $5 + $3 = $8?

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
SNPR, the fee will be deducted to $5 just for bringing a console. If you bring a Tv and a console the total entrance fee will be $3.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
SNPR, the fee will be deducted to $5 just for bringing a console. If you bring a Tv and a console the total entrance fee will be $3.
Oooh. Maybe you should re-write it and write how much gets deducted for bringing a console, and how much gets deducted from bringing a TV. The way you wrote it kind of confused me.

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
lol.. fixed the color, and Sung yea i agree i did make a mistake with the pot money given out. i will be sure to fix that

I P Freely

Smash Journeyman
How late will the tournament run? Do you have the venue til pretty late?

I might be in Norcal that week, but if I'm down here I'll come with a setup and maybe some friends.

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
How late will the tournament run? Do you have the venue til pretty late?

I might be in Norcal that week, but if I'm down here I'll come with a setup and maybe some friends.
I have the venue until 11 PM... Singles are scheduled to start 4-4:30. Not sure how long singles will take but I'm sure when they're done people will stick around and play some more friendlies

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
I'll be getting cookies, different kinds of chips, candy, sodas. . .Is there anything in particular you had in mind that you think I should bring?

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i'd prefer fruit and/or vegetables. sugar is a toxin. soda is also full of toxins

but that's jus tme -shrugs-

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i'll come if you make singles happen before teams, cus teams is gay and singles is the main event lol

let singles happen first, and then whoever wants to do doubles can stay later.

i find it dumb that singles always lasts til like 11pm and ****. i got stuff to do man (and i think other people do too)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
eh personally i prefer doubles so id like to keep it the same as always. plus doubles is normally "less hype" so it makes sense to do it first

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Killa I understand where you're coming from but I think I'm gonna keep the schedule the way it is. If you really want you could come around 3:30. . . You could just send me a text the day of the tournament telling me you'll be coming late.. that way I could add you to single pools when everyone else is registering.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
lolol^^ can't tell if you're joking but I will be sure to bring fruit just for you kabango
im totally not joking

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/neuronarrative/201204/what-eating-too-much-sugar-does-your-brain

one source of many

a quick google search will inform you that sugar is a drug, a toxin, and seriously needs to be avoided if you value your hearth

and soda is def one of the most toxic substances concocted by man. high fructose corn syrup alone. i value my brain cells

okay i'm removing myself from my soapbox

i know this is falling on death ears

the darker the fruit the better, although i'm not very picky. as long as they're not dried.

jr teams ***** u noob. teams at its best > singles at its best

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
AND IT'S SO APPRECIATED

i'ma give him a big hug when i see him

(it also means i have to show up, too)

i'll be bringing a setup as always -shrugs-

sniper if i have money i'm down to team with you

(i'd like to team with someone consistently to build chemistry so....)

a rookie

Smash Ace
Mad hype for free snacks. True about the sugar addiction, lol. I just love sugar though, hehe. I was thinking of this being my last year of junk food. So most likely I'll switch to a healthy(most likely permanent) diet to regain the 19 years I've had with my lovely junk food<3 It's only 30min away, so it seems pretty cool. Let's keep tourney's going SoCal!

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, smash fests are usually smaller gatherings of a few smashers at someone's house or something, and they just play smash all day, no tourney or anything, just friendlies.

~BoscoMan~

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone bring a copy of Melee and a memory card... I'll be bringing 2 setups but I seem to be missing my second copy of melee/memory card

Top Bottom