• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee: What was the first character you can remember playing as?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Link to original post: [drupal=4945]Melee: What was the first character you can remember playing as?[/drupal]

When I first got melee the very first character I ever played as was Link. I used him to complete adventure mode. What about you guys?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Kirby. Back when I just came off 64 and before I realized he was a terrible character, lol.

Djent

Smash Champion
:yoshimelee: It was at a friend's house, and I had never played Smash before. I couldn't handle even the simple controls, suicided a lot, and mostly just tried to eat people. And **** them out as an egg off the stage. Yeah, I was even more noob then. :smirk:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I played as Link, then went to play as Marth and Roy until I went back to Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu it was. Untill I got Mewtwo. Later it became Donkey Kong though, and sticked with him.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If SSB64 or Melee was your first game and you didn't say Pikachu, you are a liar.

Spyro

Smash Ace
Pikachu and Captain Falcon I do believe, I don't remember witch one I played first, but I did not own the game, I was playing it at a cousin's house.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Pikachu and Captain Falcon I do believe, I don't remember witch one I played first, but I did not own the game, I was playing it at a cousin's house.
When I first played 64 I believe I played as Pikachu. Love that little guy!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm pretty sure that as a kid I played as Link in 64, and my first character I ever played as in Melee would have been Ice Climbers I do believe. It was a demo at Wal-Mart, and my little brother was Bowser. And just for funsies I think my first Brawl character was either Pit, or Pokemon Trainer.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I remember my first melee was Christmas 2001. I picked Captain Falcon and remember saying "Wow, this is just like Smash 64!" I had no idea at the time how wrong I would end up being.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
The very first character I touched was Bowser. The idea was so cool in my head, then I tried him... and it didn't take long before I decided I would never touch him again. Then I used Samus for a long time, just as I did in 64. Stayed on her for awhile. After that I'm pretty sure I used Fox for a bit, then I wanted to use Marth, but my brother did, so I went Roy.

Then I mained Ice Climbers going into my awareness of the competitive scene, so that was my first real main. Then I used Doc for a bit in 06 when I made my first account here. Then I switched to Falco.

Now I'm thinking about picking Ice Climbers back up.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah Pikachu is pretty cool :).
Something funny I like to do in Melee is take Pichu or Pikachu, go into training, slow it down all the way and do that thing when they charge up and shoot themselves. When you zoom in it's fun to watch their bodies look all bouncy and stuff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
64: Ness

Melee: Captain Falcon

Brawl: Wario

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man I always play as Pikachu first in ever Smash because it is tradition.

Obv my first post indicates he was who I first played as in 64, and after beating 1P in that with him, I have a tradition of always using Pikachu to complete Classic Mode first before I do anything else.

Sure there have only been 2 other Smash Bros. games, but I consciously made this tradition when I was 10/11 and it will stay this way as long as I live.

Ironically I main Pikachu in none of the games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was Mario.

Smash 64? Mario. Melee? Mario.

Brawl? Mario. (But that didn't end well)

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I played with Doc first at my cousins house, I remember all the details.
I asked my Oldest one who should I play as(Mario or Doc) and he said Doc than I soon switched to Kirby who cares about tiers I would play as Kirby over Fox/Falco any day(Blaster isn't a problem if i get their ability it's over)
Ironicly the only Kirby games i have/had are all smash bros Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, Squeak Squad, 64, and I borrowed Amazing mirror from another Cousin(couldn't find it in stores, they never had a copy)

Top Bottom