• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee stages returning thread

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Well this definitely gives room for Pokemon Stadium 1 to be in. I knew it didn't make since for them to name the new Pokemon Stadium: Pokemon Stadium 2.

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
I would like that ALL the stages that are permitted in tourneys in both 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 (Neutral and counter-picks) comes back (except the ones that already have a variant like battlefield or pokemon stadium) + fountain of dreams (which is only permitted on 1 vs 1). See http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749 to see permitted stages (Top green or yellow, 1 vs 1 permitted, Bottom green yellow, 2 vs 2 permitted). Look under the term stages.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that reincluding "Final Destination" would really defeat the purpose of returning stages, as it's a very simple stage with no connections to any games besides smash, and will almost CERTAINLY return in Brawl (If not officially, then stage-buildered). So, I'll choose not based on which stages I like most, but which ones well-represent melee, and are fun to play on.

Big Blue
Peach's Castle/Rainbow Cruise
Corneria

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i would love to see back:
mute city
Yoshi island
Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of dreams
Pokemon stadium
Great Bay

and from 64
Hyrule temple
Zone Z
Green Greens
kongo jungle

now with the stage creator, you will have a lot of "good" stages for fighting but the stage creator isn't too good on makin VG themed stages, and that's why i would love to see come back a lot of actual VGs scenes....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
we already know we are getting Battlefield back... it just looks a little different

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
now with the stage creator, you will have a lot of "good" stages for fighting but the stage creator isn't too good on makin VG themed stages
You could always try to create a level from a game, like 1-1 from Super Mario Bros.. Even if the graphics aren't the same, true fans will probably recognize it.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i definitly think Final Destination should be back just purely due to its awesome tourney qualifications!
Now i wouldnt mind a few other stage like Fountain of Dreams or something to come back...
But wat i really want is to see Corneria come back =) as it has in the last 2 in that format although i dont mind the way the have it in Brawl both would be great. I agree with Svartwolf over all though I would love to have the old 64 zelda stage and such!!!

iMichael

Smash Lord
I don't see stages like FD coming back, because we can simply make it. I know the background on the stage is amazing, but that's probably not a legit reason. Yoshi's Story and FoD would be great veteran stages =D....

Tony_

Smash Ace
People, FD will not be coming back. Its already in Brawl. Remeber the stadium? Thats more or less FD with graphical improvements.

Adult_Kafei

Smash Rookie
Well, i'd like to see a return of:
Hyrule Castle(N64)
Mushroom Kingdom(N64)
Kongo Jungle(N64)
Fountain of Dreams, only better
Bristar Depths, but without Kraid appearing every 5 seconds

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Well, i'd like to see a return of:
Hyrule Castle(N64)
Mushroom Kingdom(N64)

Kongo Jungle(N64)
Fountain of Dreams, only better
Bristar Depths, but without Kraid appearing every 5 seconds
I'd like those three...

I never liked Kongo Jungle, and I've always hated every Metroid stage...except Norfair :p

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully jungle japes will be back so we can do cool **** with falco fox illusion, Forward style.

d

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
id wanna see jungle japes/onett/fountain of dreams/and of course final destination and i did like the retro kirby level on ssb64

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
N64:

-Saffron City
-Mushroom Kingdom
-Hyrule Castle
-Kirby Dreamland

GCN:

-Brinstar Depths
-Mushroom Kingdom 2
-Big Blue
-Onett
-Corneria
-Pokemon Stadium

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
My Top Stages that Need to be Brought Back-

• Hyrule Castle (64)
  • Saffron City (64)
  • Corneria
  • Onett
  • Mute City

Mute City the most, though, because I loved the music on that stage.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of stages I'd like to see return, but more importantly there are a lot of stages I'd like to see redesigned or reimagined (the way we got a new MK1, Zebes, Corneria, and Green Greens, which take ideas from their old versions). For instance:

Big Blue redesigned (so the camera shifts better and platforms stick around long enough to allow for easier battling)
Kongo Jungle stage (I thought it'd be cool if that's what was at the top of Rumble Falls)
Flatzone (camera stays pulled back and stage is slightly larger)

Obviously these are just ideas, but I think it'd be cool if in general we see a lot of 'stage upgrades' and not just a lot of 'stage replicas'.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lol, I miss saffron city and that stage for luigi in 64. Those were the greatest (I miss those pipes :(( ). The only melee stages I like are great bay, brimstar (the one where the map would be changed around by the dragon in the background) and princess peach's castle.

Ephraim

Smash Rookie
I know this is a stretch, but I want all stages from SSB64 and SSBM to return. :)

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
only a few stages i'd like to see back:

1. Dreamland
2. Fountain of Dreams
3. Corneria
4. Princess Peach Castle
5. Mute City

I don't think they made a wise choice bringing the temple back. its usually banned from tournaments and final smashes most likely won't hit. and we don't need final destination back. i'm sure the arena in adventure mode will be playable and its just like final destination. and game and watch isn't necessary. we got pictochat for that.

burrito

Smash Lord
I really think that all the stages will be returning, excluding a couple to avoid being redundant. I don't think there's any reason for them not to.

Disregarding that, though, the one stage that I want to see return the most is Onett.

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I want Hyrule Castle, Dreamland and Peach Castle from N64 to return. From Melee I want Brinstar and the two DK stages back. I would say FD I'm I'm positive they're going to make a newer version of it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'll say...

SSB:
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

SSBM:
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes (with everything higher up from the water)
Yoshi's Island (with the top and side barriers farther from the stage and the right hill shorter making it not a walk off side)
Fourside (with a camera that doesn't zoom out when the UFO descends)
Big Blue (with a camera that doesn't zoom in so far)
Poke Floats

Anything else I don't really care for.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
For me:

1) Dreamland (64/Melee)
2) Final Destination (Melee)
3) Corneria (Melee)

I'll be happy if they return.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
bring back Hyrule Castle - gotta love those tornados

maybe now with the enhanced physics they could be more creative like having projectiles sucked up and thrown around the stage, I would love that especially if the stage is littered with items

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Big Blue, without a doubt. I also want to see the return of Yoshi's Island (The one with to pipe and the SMW blocks, to avoid any confusion), and Corneria.

Top Bottom