• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee should win the top 100 games thread in /r/gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal

Smash Champion
I just want to say that your account name and your avatar work really well together.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Metroid Prime is gdlk, but I still feel Super Metroid is better.

oh and Ocarina of Time was good then because it was groundbreaking. Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are examples of truly excellent game design that stands the test of time.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
^yeah thats what I was thinking. and majora's mask. and worms: armageddon. and donkey kong 64. and Melee as well why not...

basically everything that I like shall be voted

Beat!

Smash Master
OP must be very happy with how this turned out. He caught peoples' attention, but everyone's voting for other games.

Irony at its finest.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Y'alls is some straight traitors

Although I gotta admit my vote went to smash 64, which is sitting pretty at 100 votes above melee. Reddit has good mother****ing taste.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Real trolls would upvote everything so their vote didnt count :troll:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Real Talk though, OoT felt like a 3d rehash of aLttP when I was 7. MM was a lot better overall, and nearly every Zelda since OoT took what was good about the game (Its combat system) and applied it to better designed dungeons, as well as vastly improving the problems with it.

Maybe it was because I was young that I wasn't impressed by the "Revolutionary" Z-targetting. It just seemed like a nice bonus for the gameplay, not like something that was an amazing eureka development.

Kal

Smash Champion
The funny thing is I don't even wanna vote for melee.
Dat Metroid Prime.
Get the hell off my internet.

Chrono Trigger, *****es.
Both of these posters are correct. Also, whoever said that OoT = LttP3D, is correct. **** OoT. Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda, and LttP is the best Zelda. Though I'm becoming fond of Skyward Sword.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
uhhhhh i'm not taking part in this but if i was i wouldn't be voting for any of the smash games anyways, since none of them are ''the best game ever'' nor are they the best games i've played either. Some kind of platformer would get my vote. If pressed i'd have to try and pick between Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2 or Super Mario Bros. 3.

Honorable mentions to Super Metroid and Metroid Prime

of course this is only one man's opinion

:phone:

Kal

Smash Champion
Sands of Time is so awesome. Too bad the sequels were derpy as hell.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Sands of Time is so awesome. Too bad the sequels were derpy as hell.
Warrior Within is totally out of left field, the combat engine is great but everything else felt like it was from a different developer

imo, The Two Thrones could've been better than Sands of Time. It needed another year of development, the combat and platforming are as good as ever, but the story and writing were... off. and the non - HD cutscenes were embarassingly bad. @ least they got the original prince voice actor back

Sands of Time with The Two Thrones' slightly enhanced platforming and the combat system (with all the cutscenes in HD? /greedy) just might be the perfect game. Too bad the opportunity was missed.

At least we have Sands of Time as it is :)

:phone:

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Sorry, but Metroid Prime would have my vote.

Real Talk though, OoT felt like a 3d rehash of aLttP when I was 7. MM was a lot better overall, and nearly every Zelda since OoT took what was good about the game (Its combat system) and applied it to better designed dungeons, as well as vastly improving the problems with it.

Maybe it was because I was young that I wasn't impressed by the "Revolutionary" Z-targetting. It just seemed like a nice bonus for the gameplay, not like something that was an amazing eureka development.
^ This.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I melee doesn't win, it's not so bad. just as long as it makes it.

I mean on Game informer's top 200 games list, it made it to #89(and was the only Smash game on the list).

Super metroid or Tetris should get tops.

Kal

Smash Champion
Warrior Within is totally out of left field, the combat engine is great but everything else felt like it was from a different developer

imo, The Two Thrones could've been better than Sands of Time. It needed another year of development, the combat and platforming are as good as ever, but the story and writing were... off. and the non - HD cutscenes were embarassingly bad. @ least they got the original prince voice actor back

Sands of Time with The Two Thrones' slightly enhanced platforming and the combat system (with all the cutscenes in HD? /greedy) just might be the perfect game. Too bad the opportunity was missed.

At least we have Sands of Time as it is :)
Did you ever play The Forgotten Sands? They ****ed up the combat, but that game had some of the best platforming ever. The ideal game would be Warrior Within's combat combined with Forgotten Sand's platforming.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lmao, iunno Diddy Kong Racing was an insanely fun game.

Maybe I'm biased cuz I like the soundtrack....

Anyway this is a good social thread topic.

So yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom