• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LinkDaBoss

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkDaBoss
3DS FC
2466-2931-6107
Yeaaaaaaa Luigi & Captain Falcon are a no go lol. The Brelee sounds won't work, because I need "high-pitched Mario"... the Brawl SFX never quite sat well with me.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Just wondering, as well... Would a Pichu alt SFX pack be possible to do seeing your Link and Ganondorf ones? I've just been seeing some Brawl Vault models for him and having Pikachu's voice for him sounds rather off putting for me.

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
Hey, Amazerommu, would it be possible for you to make an Alt Fox and Falco pack with their Brawl Japanese voices? Here's a link with all the Japanese Brawl voices that you can replace:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3of22q08rvw32l1/Japanese Brawl Sawnds.rar?dl=0

Some of them won't work for PM however. Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Ivysaur's Japanese voices will instantly crash the game as soon as you do anything that makes them play a voice clip. Pit, Lucario, and Snake's Japanese voices will work, but they will be missing some of their new sound effects for PM such as Pit's burning wings, and Snake's cigarette taunt beep.

The rest should work fine. I even replaced all the assist trophies' voices and they all sound cool, especially Lyn's.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey, Amazerommu, would it be possible for you to make an Alt Fox and Falco pack with their Brawl Japanese voices? Here's a link with all the Japanese Brawl voices that you can replace:

Some of them won't work for PM however. Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Ivysaur's Japanese voices will instantly crash the game as soon as you do anything that makes them play a voice clip. Pit, Lucario, and Snake's Japanese voices will work, but they will be missing some of their new sound effects for PM such as Pit's burning wings, and Snake's cigarette taunt beep.

The rest should work fine. I even replaced all the assist trophies' voices and they all sound cool, especially Lyn's.
It's easy to make them all work... as long as I know where the voice clips go. Somebody else also said something about an alt Japanese Fox/Falco... Too lazy to search for it... lol

Rage83

Smash Ace
I shall check this thing. Wait, do you mean for his Aura Sphere?
SFX slots 34 and 35 in the SFX/Mewtwo section of Lucario's sound file. They removed the two sounds in PM 3.6(replaced them with empty clips), but adding them back in still leaves a ton of space for other sounds.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
SFX slots 34 and 35 in the SFX/Mewtwo section of Lucario's sound file. They removed the two sounds in PM 3.6(replaced them with empty clips), but adding them back in still leaves a ton of space for other sounds.
Oooooh his Brawl counter sounds... Yeeeeaaaah I had to get rid of those too... lol. I only have slightly more room than PM's Lucario.sawnd without removing that unused voice clip that was also removed by themz. And the new sounds take up more space than the voice... so it wouldn't work to delete that sound... I'm gonna experiment with it soon! Getting to a point where I can actually test a few chars.

Last edited:

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010

Urhem...hehe, don't mean to toot my own horn, but I just so happened to have made an Alt Fox and Falco pack with those very voices quite a while ago! They might not work as they are right now, but I'll link them again if Amaze wanted to use them per chance. xP

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nc8sp7s8wttx2a8/Alt+Fox+&+Falco+JP+Brawl+Voice.rar

I've made other Japanese packs for the newest P:M as well, but I'm kinda on the fence if I should post those at the moment. ^^"

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
So I downloaded the updated general Melee sounds and I still get that weird popping/ lingering sound when electric sfx play (Ganon's bair, Fox/Falco's shines, etc). Even with a properly wiped SD card, same thing happens. Am I the only one struggling with this?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I downloaded the updated general Melee sounds and I still get that weird popping/ lingering sound when electric sfx play (Ganon's bair, Fox/Falco's shines, etc). Even with a properly wiped SD card, same thing happens. Am I the only one struggling with this?
Just to be sure... you know there is a sound effect that lingers for electric hits in Melee yes? It should be that same sound playing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
there is also one for Fire hits
Yeah PMBR supposedly made that a thing as well... However I haven't figured out exactly what sound they're using for me to replace it/make audible... cause... I don't know about you all, but I can't hear it in any matches... Though I also haven't actually played 3.6 yet... maybe it got fixed from the Beta...?

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Just to be sure... you know there is a sound effect that lingers for electric hits in Melee yes? It should be that same sound playing.
Hmmmm, its only the popping sound that is throwing me off. Now that you mention it, its been a while since I played Melee so I might be tripping. Lol

Obskore

Smash Ace
Yeah PMBR supposedly made that a thing as well... However I haven't figured out exactly what sound they're using for me to replace it/make audible... cause... I don't know about you all, but I can't hear it in any matches... Though I also haven't actually played 3.6 yet... maybe it got fixed from the Beta...?
sometimes i play with headphones, maybe that's why lol

EDIT: i looked around and found 2 laser sounds (i was looking for 90's-2000's sci-fi/laser/electric sounds to go with Melee's style) and found these 2 you MUST HAVE heard before, they might be perfect for ROB's Robo Laser, i just have to found 1 more for the weakest variation, but they already match in style.

P.S: if only post edits could bump a thread... lol

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Hey Amazerommu, have you thought of making packs of SSB4 Roy and Mewtwo that work with the new 3.6 soundbanks stuff?, i know your project focuses on Melee SFX, but their voices in Smash 4 are pretty good.

AYellowYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoshicopter
When this update finally hits, do you think it'd be at all possible to do the Alt SFX for Wolf? His default costumes using his English voice, and his Alt using his Japanese voice? Is that at all possible??

Juken

Smash Ace
When this update finally hits, do you think it'd be at all possible to do the Alt SFX for Wolf? His default costumes using his English voice, and his Alt using his Japanese voice? Is that at all possible??
It's probably possible, let's just hope he's not got summer classes.

tweakminded

Smash Rookie
NNID
TweakMinded
considering that 3.6 is now officially the final update, it would be comforting to have the sfx pack updated one last time. i've personally been playing 3.5 until the sounds were updated...

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Ama is busy with life at the moment. Like, really busy. We still hear from him, which is great. But as I said, he's busy and he'll do his thing when he has time.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ama is busy with life at the moment. Like, really busy. We still hear from him, which is great. But as I said, he's busy and he'll do his thing when he has time.
^ This thing. Lots. Also the little time I've had I've put into doing update things. But (and this is hilarious) I always forget to save my progress... and for some reason my crappy neighborhood's power goes out VERY frequently. I've done Marth so many times now... Lesson learned. Save everything... all the time... everytime. Also... I knew for quite a while that 3.6 was going to be the last update. I had a feeling before... and a while later heard from a guy... who heard from a guy... who heard a whisper from his cousin's gossip-loving Aunt... that stuff was about to go down. Glad this thread at least didn't get dunked in the process.

Obskore

Smash Ace
hello, you're back :D
now that there's a final release, updating the sounds will be no longer a bother. even i feel more confortable to help for the same matter. And about saving and all that stuff, reminds me of the hard drive problem you had before, gotta get those regular backups on, would Github be a good place to have a repository?
btw, have you considered looking at characters' framedata to better keep track of matching sounds to hitboxes?

i'm happy from just to see your avatar again in this thread lol, this, plus Smash 3/3C and Edwguard Flows's stages will be the perfect mix for me

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
Amazerommu Amazerommu
How do you add specific sounds to certain moves/taunts? I'd like to add Roy's "Ha!" clip from Melee during his second DED slash upwards (the one I mentioned a while back). I already know how to use Super Sawndz, so I would just like to know how you set it to a certain move.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Amazerommu Amazerommu
How do you add specific sounds to certain moves/taunts? I'd like to add Roy's "Ha!" clip from Melee during his second DED slash upwards (the one I mentioned a while back). I already know how to use Super Sawndz, so I would just like to know how you set it to a certain move.
I do believe I have done this already. In the process of finishing his and Marth's thingies now.It requires PSA or BrawlBox (PSA ezr and not superrr glitchy) to change the sound effects for each move though. And knowing the sfx id's n such.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Can't wait longer for these. They go great with Melee Remastered.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So uuuuuh. Somebody download Marth and Roy and test 'em for me plz? They have been updated for 3.6 but somehow... I currently don't have a copy of Brawl. Preeetty sure it was stolen at a tourney. Ain't that sumthin?

Roy should have the right voice clip for the second up hit of DED. And some other things are changed as well to (hopefully) better match Muhlay. I also made room for a special thing with Marth... But that's a ways down the road. I wanna do a full-fledged animation for the thing I have in mind. So if any of you are good at making animations, hit... me.... uuuuuuup!

ALSO HI IT'S BEEN A LOOOOOOONG WHILE!!

Oh and why do my spoilers not work anymore...?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Tested Marth and Roy—both freeze the game. The sawnd file says it was updated August 17, 2015.

Edit: Also, welcome back.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
So uuuuuh. Somebody download Marth and Roy and test 'em for me plz? They have been updated for 3.6 but somehow... I currently don't have a copy of Brawl. Preeetty sure it was stolen at a tourney. Ain't that sumthin?

Roy should have the right voice clip for the second up hit of DED. And some other things are changed as well to (hopefully) better match Muhlay. I also made room for a special thing with Marth... But that's a ways down the road. I wanna do a full-fledged animation for the thing I have in mind. So if any of you are good at making animations, hit... me.... uuuuuuup!

ALSO HI IT'S BEEN A LOOOOOOONG WHILE!!

Oh and why do my spoilers not work anymore...?
ayy you're back!
now i have to think if i should go back to 3.6 full or keep 3.61

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Tested Marth and Roy—both freeze the game. The sawnd file says it was updated August 17, 2015.

Edit: Also, welcome back.
Feck... The .sawnd file is correct. I had the changes I needed made that long ago lol. I was worried the thingies would freeze. Guess I gotta redo 'em. Thanks for testing!

ayy you're back!
now i have to think if i should go back to 3.6 full or keep 3.61
3.6 or bust! el oh el

Top Bottom