• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

210stuna

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong is sorta done now. Fox will be hopefully by the end of this weekend!
I'm sure I've already told everything that needs to be said about your work, but I think I'll say it again for this thread.

Your work is amazing! You're like the Project:M Customization God Prodigy. You keep pioneering through these SFX woods gracefully my friend and I see you getting somewhere quite fine and dandy later.
This is what I love most about this Project:M ordeal. The base behind it is overwhelmingly outgoing with these new textures, updates, and other quirky tidbits.

Thank you for all your work, if people are out there using your SFX's, but not crediting/thanking you via confrontation then let this post be proof that your work is greatly appreciated by fellow Smash players out there.

I salute you Zero, keep up the good work.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thanks again for the huge compliment! Heheh. I've fixed quite a few issues with the other characters, and changed a lot of stuff to do with most of them. Updated the Melee SFX to include the shield reflect sound. Be sure to read the information and/or whatever if you plan to use it, as it requires replacing your RSBE01.gct with the one now included in the download.

All the characters got updated to have the same dash, jump and dodge effects that are used in Melee. Figured I should just go ahead and update them as I go. Most of the beginning characters have had thier .pac's and sfx redone to consume less space... all detailed (sorta) in the OP. Enjoy! Fox coming soon!

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I put the general sfx pack into /brawlmods/projectm/sound/

And the sounds were all brawl sounds... what did I do wrong?

I already have a smashbros_sound.brsar in that folder location that works, I just replaced that one with the one on this page, and the one on this page produced nothing but brawl sfx

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh haha you have to inject the Melee SFX Pack and all or whatever characters you want into the smashbros_sound.brsar. That link is to the original brsar for those who do not have a smashbros_sound.brsar file or know where to find one. Downloading the Melee SFX Pack comes with SuperSawnds and some instructions on how to insert the .sawnd packs that come with the downloads into the brsar file. Once you do that and then copy your file over to your SD card, then you'll have Melee SFX and such. If you have any trouble getting it to work, feel free to PM me and I can try to help you.

Also I do plan on posting a completely finished smashbros_sound.brsar file when I completely finish this project... or at least have it mostly finished.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Oh haha you have to inject the Melee SFX Pack and all or whatever characters you want into the smashbros_sound.brsar. That link is to the original brsar for those who do not have a smashbros_sound.brsar file or know where to find one. Downloading the Melee SFX Pack comes with SuperSawnds and some instructions on how to insert the .sawnd packs that come with the downloads into the brsar file. Once you do that and then copy your file over to your SD card, then you'll have Melee SFX and such. If you have any trouble getting it to work, feel free to PM me and I can try to help you.

Also I do plan on posting a completely finished smashbros_sound.brsar file when I completely finish this project... or at least have it mostly finished.
Got it working, thanks for the help!

IS there any way to install the Link sword swing sound effects and leave out his melee voice? The sword swing sounds aren't in the general sfx pack, but I don't like melee Link's voice

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Zero have you ever thought about replacing ever characters ending theme with "better" ones?

:smirk:
Replacing those is the same as replacing music I think. Just gotta know who's theme is what. I don't really mind those too much, but there are a few victory themes from Melee that I like more than Brawl.

Got it working, thanks for the help!

IS there any way to install the Link sword swing sound effects and leave out his melee voice? The sword swing sounds aren't in the general sfx pack, but I don't like melee Link's voice

Oh but the sword swing effects are in there! That's what the FitMeleeLink.pac is for... but I haven't made one for Brawl Link yet which I do plan to do at some point. And it'll of course be updated here when I do it. I'm going to do it with all the characters.

Also today is my burfday!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Nice work with all the SFX thus far. This will seem odd, but you wouldn't happen to have all of the .wavs of each would you? Specifically the hit SFX. I'd use .sawnds, but Brawlbox 68b and sawnds don't get along very well. It seems that the was BB rebuilds the BSRAR makes isnerting .Sawndz cause a game freeze.

Also, happy birthday. Enjoy it while it lasts

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Oh but the sword swing effects are in there! That's what the FitMeleeLink.pac is for... but I haven't made one for Brawl Link yet which I do plan to do at some point. And it'll of course be updated here when I do it. I'm going to do it with all the characters.

Also today is my burfday!
Happy Birthday man

About my question, I meant the sword swing effects aren't in the general sfx pack, I have to use the melee Link voice sfx pack to get the sword swing effects right?

Basically I want TP Link's voice with the melee sword swing effects, and I was wondering if it's possible with what you've released so far

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday man

About my question, I meant the sword swing effects aren't in the general sfx pack, I have to use the melee Link voice sfx pack to get the sword swing effects right?

Basically I want TP Link's voice with the melee sword swing effects, and I was wondering if it's possible with what you've released so far
Yeah the sword swing effects are in the general sfx pack, it's just that the normal Brawl FitLink.pac doesn't point to those sound effects in any of his attacks. Instead it uses the ones that are in Link's unchanged group of sound effects... if that makes any sense. The FitMeleeLink.pac changes these SFX ID's to point to the sword swings that I put in the general sfx group instead of Link's group. This is what actually allows me t make the smashbros_sound.brsar smaller than the original since I can now replace those unused swings with emptiness.

Basically since nothing is referring to the sword swing sfx in the general sfx pack with the original Brawl FitLink.pac (or any characters .pac file for that matter), it's as if none of those sound effects were changed at all. In order to use Brawl Link's voice with the sword swing effects, I'll have to edit an original FitLink.pac and change the sfx associated with the swing effects in that file.

And thanks for the birthday wishes!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ah ok, it won't let you replace a file that's smaller than like... 1.7 kb or smoething like that. Don't remember. But if you use the new BrawlBox .68b you can replace it with pretty much any size .wav file. I've only tried with files that have no less than 5 samples when replacing them tho. 'Empty' wav files cause BrawlBox to freeze when you try to replace it.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Ah ok, it won't let you replace a file that's smaller than like... 1.7 kb or smoething like that. Don't remember. But if you use the new BrawlBox .68b you can replace it with pretty much any size .wav file. I've only tried with files that have no less than 5 samples when replacing them tho. 'Empty' wav files cause BrawlBox to freeze when you try to replace it.
Wait, so the newest Brawlbox can open the smash_sound.brsar?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Alright I replaced the sounds with the newest Brawlbox, now how do you edit the FitCharacter.pac to choose which actions use which sounds?

You will need a program called Project Smash Attacks and also all of the sfx id's to know what to change them to. Those were posted a while ago in this thread by OSCA_MIKE.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I have all of that already, I'm just wondering what I have to do specifically

Ah ok. Once you open the FitDude.pac, you'll need to click on the Sub Routine tab. There are 2 drop down menus. The first one has numbers. Those numbers represent each action the fighter can do. Normal attacks usually start at 48. Special Attacks usually start at 1CE. But they do differ for some characters. The second one has all the code-y categories. Main, GFX, SFX, and Other. You can guess that the SFX are... well under the SFX category. Double clicking the sound effects will open a separate window with a hex value that you can change in a text field. You change that hex value to match the one of the new sound effect you want it to use.

Oh also, most of the actions are labeled so you know exactly what actions you're messing with. Attack 1, 2, 3 are neutral 'A' attacks. AttackS, AttackH, AttackL. Those are for tilts and smash attacks. 3, will be on the end for tilts, 4 on the end for smash attacks. For instance the action labeled AttackS3 (not sure if there's a space or not... haven't been able to mess with it lately, hence why there haven't been any updates in almost 2 weeks), BUT for instance AttackS3 is the name for forward tilt, AttackS4 is for forward smash. AttackH3 for up tilt, H4 up smash, etc.

Hopefully that's detailed enough for you. Let me know if you need anymore info. Smash Attacks is pretty easy to figure out.

One thing that I haven't fully figured out tho is changing the SFX that play when an attack connects. I was able to change it for Peach's forward throw with a little guessing and checking, but I need to figure out exactly what hex digits represent the rest of the hit sfx. I'm sure you've noticed with the Melee hit SFX added to Project M that some of the attacks have the wrong sounds associated with them. Like Bowser's up b having punch effects instead of slash effects like in Melee. I intend on fixing those at some point once I figure out exactly what needs to be changed.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Ah ok. Once you open the FitDude.pac, you'll need to click on the Sub Routine tab. There are 2 drop down menus. The first one has numbers. Those numbers represent each action the fighter can do. Normal attacks usually start at 48. Special Attacks usually start at 1CE. But they do differ for some characters. The second one has all the code-y categories. Main, GFX, SFX, and Other. You can guess that the SFX are... well under the SFX category. Double clicking the sound effects will open a separate window with a hex value that you can change in a text field. You change that hex value to match the one of the new sound effect you want it to use.

Oh also, most of the actions are labeled so you know exactly what actions you're messing with. Attack 1, 2, 3 are neutral 'A' attacks. AttackS, AttackH, AttackL. Those are for tilts and smash attacks. 3, will be on the end for tilts, 4 on the end for smash attacks. For instance the action labeled AttackS3 (not sure if there's a space or not... haven't been able to mess with it lately, hence why there haven't been any updates in almost 2 weeks), BUT for instance AttackS3 is the name for forward tilt, AttackS4 is for forward smash. AttackH3 for up tilt, H4 up smash, etc.

Hopefully that's detailed enough for you. Let me know if you need anymore info. Smash Attacks is pretty easy to figure out.

One thing that I haven't fully figured out tho is changing the SFX that play when an attack connects. I was able to change it for Peach's forward throw with a little guessing and checking, but I need to figure out exactly what hex digits represent the rest of the hit sfx. I'm sure you've noticed with the Melee hit SFX added to Project M that some of the attacks have the wrong sounds associated with them. Like Bowser's up b having punch effects instead of slash effects like in Melee. I intend on fixing those at some point once I figure out exactly what needs to be changed.
I got it, I actually added Link's melee Spin Attack sound on top of the Brawl ones, sounds sick, thanks for the help!

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
using your sound effects. I love them and I love you. Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what character are you working on now/next?

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Ok, Well....seems I've run into a little problem. I've successfully installed Falcon, Fox, and Donkey Kong's sound effects. I was moving onto Pikachu until I got an error message displaying:

Inserting Sawnd MeleePikachuSFXPack.sawnd
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jesus\Desktop\Melee v3 SFX\Melee v3 SFX\SuperSawndz\sawnd.sawnd' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at BrawlSoundConverter.Sawndz.insertSawnd(String fileName)
at BrawlSoundConverter.Form1.insert()

Do you have any idea of what's going on?? Thank you so much.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
using your sound effects. I love them and I love you. Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what character are you working on now/next?

Haha thanks! Working on Bowser. He's actually about done. I just haven't been home to test it and upload it. Should be some time next week. After that I'll be doing Falco.

Ok, Well....seems I've run into a little problem. I've successfully installed Falcon, Fox, and Donkey Kong's sound effects. I was moving onto Pikachu until I got an error message displaying:

Inserting Sawnd MeleePikachuSFXPack.sawnd
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jesus\Desktop\Melee v3 SFX\Melee v3 SFX\SuperSawndz\sawnd.sawnd' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at BrawlSoundConverter.Sawndz.insertSawnd(String fileName)
at BrawlSoundConverter.Form1.insert()

Do you have any idea of what's going on?? Thank you so much.

Umm haven't gotten that one yet haha. Since it's saying access denied for the 'sawnd.sawnd' file, I'd imagine it's a weird program glitchy thing. Could try deleting that file in the SuperSawndz folder. It won't mess the program up. Super Sawndz will just create a new one the next time you try to insert the sfx pack. I'd also try restarting the program and/or your computer and making sure there aren't multiple instances of the program running just in case.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, thanks! Deleting the sawnd.sawnd seemed to work.

As of now, I like your stuff...I do have a few complaints though lol. I feel like there are some effects that come off as awkward. For example, when Zero Suit up airs, it makes the sword sound effect...I found that rather weird. Also, when Bowser up throws, it makes a "pop" kind of sound as if captain falcon back aired or something. It feels kind of misplaced. Just my opinion though.

Also, I noticed that Fox is a little too quiet...especially when he upsmashes and forward smashes.It's not terrible, but if I could do it, I'd certainly raise the volume a bit. It's not an urgent matter. It can wait. :)

Was Fox's "Come on" taunt intentional in the sense that you placed it for more than one taunt? I believe both up taunt and the taunt that resembles melee's crouching stance both have the "come on" taunt. I'm letting you know, just in case.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Sweet, thanks! Deleting the sawnd.sawnd seemed to work.

As of now, I like your stuff...I do have a few complaints though lol. I feel like there are some effects that come off as awkward. For example, when Zero Suit up airs, it makes the sword sound effect...I found that rather weird. Also, when Bowser up throws, it makes a "pop" kind of sound as if captain falcon back aired or something. It feels kind of misplaced. Just my opinion though.

Also, I noticed that Fox is a little too quiet...especially when he upsmashes and forward smashes.It's not terrible, but if I could do it, I'd certainly raise the volume a bit. It's not an urgent matter. It can wait. :)

Was Fox's "Come on" taunt intentional in the sense that you placed it for more than one taunt? I believe both up taunt and the taunt that resembles melee's crouching stance both have the "come on" taunt. I'm letting you know, just in case.

Some of the other characters do have sfx out of place because I haven't gotten to them yet.

I did use Fox's "Come on" taunt for both of those taunts intentionally. I was going to place his Japanese taunt over the 'Super Saiyan Space Animal' one, but I decided against it for some reason that I don't remember at the moment.

His sfx also sound fine to me in-game. YOUR MUSIC IS TOO LOUD! Lol jk. His voice clips were leveled up the same amount as the other characters. And the swing effects are shared between characters as well... Of course it could be that I completely deleted the sound effects associated with them, but I usually double and/or triple check that. I'll take a look at it at some point and see if I can't fix it.

And thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just something I thought you all might find funny / entertaining.

I was working on Bowser (still...) and I thought I was almost done... Then I realized Bowser also includes Giga Bowser... >_>

So I'm hopefully gonna have them both done today. They'll be included in the same download. After that, I'll be starting on Falco for those of you waiting on him!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm just curious, but will all of these SFX hacks get updated for Demo 2.6? I really want to keep these SFX hacks, as I'm sure a lot of other people on here do as well.

Top Bottom