• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Melee: Set You Want to See

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
Hax vs Over
Ice vs PPU
Axe vs Leffen (if he somehow goes)
aMSa vs everyone he didn't play at EVO

Also that M2K/Mango character crew battle we were promised. :c

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am completely indifferent about Melee's sets. Hope they're exciting for you guys!

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I always love watching Axe and Wobbles. Don't know if I'd like a match between them, that'd be an interesting match up. Also loving watching Ice play anyone!

strawhats

Smash Master
PPU vs Hax (falcon)
PPU vs Hbox rematch (salty PPU lost before he could play Hbox at EVO)

PPU vs aMSa/vectorman

Darkrain vs Jeapie (if either of these guys go to apex...definitely not sure of darkrain since he doesn't travel to EC tournaments much these days and is still semi retired)

Gucci vs Jeapie (oh the hype would be sooo real)

M2k vs Ice (this is the one I'm most interested in because European shieks are deadly in the ditto. I.e. Amsah who is probably the only shiek to give m2k fits in the ditto/besides Overtriforce at pound 4 in friendlies)

Ice vs Hbox( Over played the MU exceptionally at Apex 2013 and Ice seemed pretty confident that sheik/he could do well in that MU if he played vs Hbox

Ice vs PPU (marth)...this would entertaining as hell like a newschool m2k vs kdj.

Speaking of which KDJ vs. Ice (saw Amsah vs KDJ at Apex 2012, was pretty fun to watch)

Ice vs Javi (for the Germany vs Mexico hype)

Ice vs Dr. Pee Pee (this time ice mains shiek, could add a new element to their set, since the last time they played in Europe)

Ice vs aMSa (aMSa is impressive as hell)

Ice vs Wobbles/Fly Amanita(just to see how differently ice would handle this MU juxtapose to KK)

Javi vs M2k (salty m2k was in Mexico last weekend and Javi was not there to play him)

Javi vs MaNg0(puff/fox/falco...mango's puff looked really strong vs lucky /sfat in their practice sessions for EVO)

Javi vs Hbox (puff)...wanna see how much further Javi has adapted to hbox's puff since Apex 2012.

Javi vs aMSa (yoshi)

javi vs Wobbles/Fly (ICs)

Javi vs Shroomed (doc)

Javi vs Kage (ganon)

Kage vs PPU (marth) Kage seems to pride himself on beating marths. This would be interesting.

Kage (ganon) vs aMSa (yoshi) never seen this MU played at a high level before

Kage vs Wobbles (ICs) Kage kinda wrecks IGs from what I remember and I've never seen these two play. Fly struggles vs Bizzaroflame in this MU, and that's as far as my ganon vs ICs player MU knowledge goes.

Darkrain vs S2J (still can't believe these guys haven't played yet although I understand it was hard getting any friendlies in at EVO)

Darkrain vs Armada( the only good falcon that
Armada has yet to play after all his visits to the U.S.)

Ken vs Vectorman (just because it probably should've happened in nbracket pools at EVO but Vman lost early in winners)

Gucci vs Darkrain/S2J

aMSa vs MaNg0 puff/fox/falco/falcon/mario

aMSa vs. Wobbles/Fly
Lol people still aren't letting that m2k vs mango 6 character crew battle thing go are they

aMSa (yoshi) vs Amsah (sheik)...same name battle (even though that is Amsah's actual first name, which is just as badass as his last name
aMSa (yoshi) vs. Taj (M2) battle for best low tier main/even though taj uses more marth these days in tourney.

Last edited:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Javi vs PP/M2K/Mango/Hbox

Mango vs M2K/HBox/PP

PPU vs Ken

Gucci vs Hax/S2J/Darkrain

Amsa vs Vectorman

Armada/Wobbles vs ANYONE

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Anything with Armada. It would be sad to see him go after the way he looked after EVO.

also, Phish-it climbing to higher rankings next year with his DK.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
aMSa vs. Hungrybox

Fly Aminita vs. Wobbles (I know this happened at KoC2, but I need more IC vs. IC)

More Ken

Taj vs. Axe

Bizzaro Flame vs. Hax

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
aMSa vs. Hungrybox

Fly Aminita vs. Wobbles (I know this happened at KoC2, but I need more IC vs. IC)

More Ken

Taj vs. Axe

Bizzaro Flame vs. Hax

Taj vs Axe has happened a bit. Generally pretty close games but I think Axe has the edge. They're AZ and play all the time though haha so it's not the most exciting thing to watch imo. Same with Axe and Wobbles to whoever said that. They play a lot and it's always really close, but Wobbles almost always wins it.

Me personally....more of Leffen in general. Leffen vs Mango in Fox dittos
Leffen vs M2K
Leffen vs Hax
Leffen vs PP
Leffen vs SFAT
Leffen vs Wobbles
Leffen vs Armada NTSC

BUT BESIDE THAT....

PP vs M2K is always fun to watch
PP vs Ice
Ice vs SFAT
Ice vs Wobbles
PP vs SFAT
SFAT vs Hax

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well now that I'm going, expect some sick sets. =D I'll do everything to be the best I can be, physical training, lots of grinding, super confidence, having fun.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Taj (Mewtwo) vs Kage (Ganon)

M2K vs Mango Character Battle (Screw 6 characters, do this with the whole cast instead of a US vs the World or EC vs WC, would be more hype imo)

Taj (Mewtwo) vs anyone

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Still waiting on that crew battle haha. I wish we were charging some kind of interest type thing for this. For every major tournament that passes before they do this, M2K and Mango owe the viewers an extra character :p haha

Also, USA vs The World, and hopefully some other crew battle, say spacies vs. Mid->low tiers (interesting to see imo because spacies beat most low tiers in theory, but most low tier mains have better spacie matchup knowledge than vice versa, so it provides for some odd matchups, and no huuuge edge either way)

In case no one has figured it out, I like crew battles haha

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
PP vs Mango. Hax vs Ice, the rematch. An inspired M2K sheik vs Hbox. Leffen vs Hax. ICG vs PBNJ. Westballz vs Javi. SFAT vs Leffen.

Nimbus

Smash Rookie
haha yeah, Mango kind of puts on a clinic in the loser's bracket if he's feelin himself.

I'd also like to see some more PP vs. M2K shenanigans. 'Cause that's what that set would be full of. SHENANIGANS.

Insom

Smash Apprentice
I don't care as long as we get to hear prog ask us if this is what we wanted from apex

strawhats

Smash Master
Mango and Dajuan did the Mario ditto at that tournament I don't think they've ever done acmario vs doc set...kinda like how mango's never gone puff vs Dajuan even in 2009 when he mained her..which I kinda wanna see just to see how differently he'd play the MU compared to Hbox.

Top Bottom