• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Retirement Service

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I am probably going to play Melee ALL DAY Saturday andend it with an totally epic match with my friend Nicknyte. The idea of getting a KO with every character sounds cool too.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
oh i will give it respect...but brawl is going to be the center of attention for the next few years, and i will eventually play melee again, just as i did with 64 when melee was released.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I just realized that I have ridiculous amounts of work, so I probably won't even be able to play Smash until Brawl.

rove

Smash Apprentice
While most of us are certainly going to play Melee again at some point, I implore all of you to give it the respect it deserves and honor it with a proper retirement service.

My roommate and I plan to give every character one last KO before putting the disc back in it's case.
I'm Rove (will be Rover in brawl) and I aprove this messege!
Lol:chuckle:

BlankShot

Smash Rookie
I'll probably never give it up, and neither will my friends. Yes, we will be playing brawl, but melee means a lot to us D:

So we'll play it every once and a while :O

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Say good bye to Melee and say hello to Brawl!

Yeah I'm not throwing Melee out, maybe someday I would tell my kids:

"Hey you know what we played in the good ol' days?" *Takes out Gamecube*

My kids: (Wtf is that?) "Ehh no thanks Dad, I'd rather play Super Smash Brothers and Sisters Elite Final Brawl Melee..." (you get the idea, something out there) Then all I can give is a big sigh and play Melee while I reminence my childhood...*sniff*

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
One last KO for everyone, eh? Think I might give them that honor on my copy as well.

Lately, I've been letting Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario get a lot of playtime. You will be missed, old friends. :(

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
LOL dont put melee down just yet i mean how do you kinow brawl wont be downright awful?
No offense to BRAWL " im not saying that BRAWKL is going to be awful but if it was than wouldnt you go straight back to melee and leave brawl in the dust

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
:):)
I'll put Melee right next to Brawl and play whatever I feel like at the moment.

<_<
i agree im not going to put either of them out the door i mean its not like there contesting to see whats btr brawl or melee there both made by the same company so it wont hurt nintendo if u play melee over brawl or brawl over melee but the point is u cant just put one out over the other :)

6footninja

Smash Ace
:):)

i agree im not going to put either of them out the door i mean its not like there contesting to see whats btr brawl or melee there both made by the same company so it wont hurt nintendo if u play melee over brawl or brawl over melee but the point is u cant just put one out over the other :)
Sorry but theres a good chance nintendo has spent the money you used on Melee within the past years. lol. I couldnt resist

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but theres a good chance nintendo has spent the money you used on Melee within the past years. lol. I couldnt resist
lol i guess yur right but dont kill melee its still good it probably doesnt want to go to the retirement cabinet and doesnt really deserve it i think its still a good young game and stll deserves to be able to party its tail off :laugh:

Brawler2008

Smash Cadet
I already had my retired my Melee. (kinda) It dosn't work no matter how many times I try it, so I will put it in a box, give it it's moment of glory, and the throw it out the window. (Throws Melee out the window. "That was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life... *cries*** ..... O.K.! enuff mouning time to Brawl!) :chuckle:

Top Bottom