• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Recording Device Suggestions

TrevR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0528-5701
Hello! I have been looking for a while into what recording devices I should invest in to help my improvement and to enjoy for future use. Can anybody with experience and/or knowledge in recording devices help me out and recommend a few good choices for what I want?
My price range is currently $70, plus or minus $10, and I am adamantly against paying more than $80 for a recording device. My setup is a Wii with Melee/20XX, with several splitters and an adapter that includes composite RBY and S-Video. A while ago I bought a Manhattan USB Grabber, and it was definitely one of the worse items I've ever bought. It never registers on OBS, the drivers are incredibly hard to install, and the quality isn't that great. Recently I've been looking into Dazzle products, but I honestly have no clue what I want to get. I want a device that fits into my price range, isn't impossible to set up, and can record matches in pretty alright quality.
All I want to do is record some relatively clear gameplay with decent audio, and upload it @ 720p60fps on a private Youtube channel I made to share recordings with my smash buddies.
Thank you to all who help me out, I really appreciate it!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Use a VCR player and a VHS tape. It'll cost next to nothing.
It'll also be stored in a physical media, which isn't exactly optimal if you're going to immediately change it to a digital format. He'll probably want to use a capture card and record it directly to his computer using a program like VDub. I typically use this thread if I need help for anything related to recording Melee footage:

http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...s-in-optimal-quality-60-frames-second.333301/

Last edited:

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom