• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

*****. i had just come from outside with cold hands and an unfamiliar high. you free as ****. guess who won the tournament today. *****

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
GGs everyone.

And good **** Toph, sorry for playing like an idiot and dragging you down to 5th. I really appreciate you willing to team with me though. I'm definitely going to put in hard time and do my best for manifest.

And sorry about our match Bart.

Yea don't trip miguel. I'm sure toph didn't expect you to be a teams god or anything.

Good stuff everyone. Especially ciz

:phone:

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey ggs yesterday everybody, here are the full results of the march 3rd tourney:

Singles

1: SW
2: Eggz
3: C!Z
4: Kakarot
5: Bladewise
5: Theprime
7: Banana
7: Juce
9: ratking
9: Toph
9: Krynxe
9: Do-Dirty
13: Spartamus
13: Iceman
13: Balloon
13: Violence
17: Oreo
17: Beaker
17: Greg
17: Blind
17: Gimpyfish
17: Master C
17: Jem
17: Ganon Guy
25: Big Pookie
25: XYZ
25: Someet
25: B-Mello
25: Davs

Doubles

1: West C04st B4d B0yz (Eggz + Kakarot)
2: Wolverine (SW|C!Z)
3: 2nd Place? (Vish + Bladewise)
4: Can I Get A **** Iceman! (Ratking + Juce)
5: Dere Dere (Toph + Krynxe)
5: AOL Keyword Greeze (Jem + Ganon Guy)
7: Team Caww (B-Mello + Oreo)
7: Lesbian Robots (Eric + Theprime)
9: Banana Hammock (Banana + Balloon)
9: Willy Sauce (Big Pookie + MasterC)
9: Team Derelict (greg + Craig)

Singles Bracket

http://i.imgur.com/qnQrU.gif

Doubles Bracket

http://i.imgur.com/N1vVK.gif

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lets not forget about this thread. We want new players to be able to find their way into the WA scene. We definitely need to hide on fb a little less imo

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
You're modding melee fox. I'd be very surprised if one of the directors of staffs gave you mod back without a heads up. *shrug* Check the staff boards if you need any info I guess.

It's nice that I won't have to check there any more haha :)

Crypt

Smash Cadet
me and a buddy are gonna come down to this one.

gonna get pooped on but its a learning experience.

one question btw: how long do these tournies go throughout the day?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Glad to see new players joining the scene. We always welcome new faces. :)

Well we start around noon, and grand finals for singles usually happens pretty late. Around 8-9 pm I'd say, on average. You pretty much need the whole day free, especially if it's a longer drive

You can leave once you're out of the bracket though. Doubles will still happen before singles though, so keep that in mind.

If you need any more info, feel free to ask

Crypt

Smash Cadet
are there a lot of setups? like room for friendlies, mm's, etc?

also, are there many puffs/docs around here? idk anything about match ups so it'd be cool to see how they do it.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, there are a fair amount of setups. It always helps when people bring cubes, or even TVs, but we manage fine. Friendlies will be going on most of the time, being occasionally interrupted for a bracket match.

And I think I'm literally the only active puff player in Washington right now LOL. We just have a ton of foxes. As for docs, they pop up occasionally but I don't know any of them personally. I remember a friend of Charles (MasterC) who went by the tag Ox played doc. Also, a good doc player named XYZz just moved to WA from somewhere like Florida. (Someone correct me/confirm this.) Don't hesitate to stop and talk to me at gameclucks. I should be going, but I'm still not 100% sure

Also, a really good puff player from Canada (Evan, aka Meta) is going to be coming down for the june 2nd tourney so you can talk to him as well. :)

Crypt

Smash Cadet
oh cool you play puff too?

and yeah i think i saw a video of meta vs. vish now that you mention it...

you guys are a billion times more experienced them me, but hopefully after getting annihilated i don't drop her as a main. my biggest problem right now seems to be just approaching in general, match ups (with the lack of people to play), and utilizing crouch cancel.

you have any videos you could lead me to or anything i should look out for?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yep, puff player for life haha. Most people do drop puff because they think she's boring. It also takes a lot of patience to not only play her, but get actually good with her. Imo her learning curve is like, super easy to pick up, easy to get good with, very difficult to get really good with. The difference between good and really good being like able to beat a fair amount of people vs. being able to beat people who actually know how the matchup, ranked players, winning money, etc.

If you want advice for puff, or any other character, you can check the character specific boards for melee for a ton of information. As for videos, I'd suggest just watching a lot of tournament matches from top players who use your character. So for puff: hungrybox, darc, etc. Doc: Shroomed, OTG, etc

Hopefully, losing doesn't demotivate you. For myself, getting beat motivates me to work harder and improve. Also, don't feel stuck to a character or give yourself unnecessary obligations. You're still rather new to this game, so it's best to experiment and find what suites you best. I made a post relating to this just recently.

Good luck :)

dont get discouraged cuz people are hella good. we are always down to help people get better, so dont hesitate to ask for tips when youre playing someone. there should be a few others attending who also have yet to come to one of our tournaments too so youre not alone

edit: oh ****, da modz

Violence

Smash Lord
My friend Kevin is getting more into Melee, he's only played for several months, so I'm glad that there will be others near his skill level so that things aren't a complete chest pooping for him.

He's driving us down and is looking to learn from the one and only Teddy himself.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, I should be going this saturday.

Also, I think I fixed my controller. It seems fine now

Crypt

Smash Cadet
My friend Kevin is getting more into Melee, he's only played for several months, so I'm glad that there will be others near his skill level so that things aren't a complete chest pooping for him.

He's driving us down and is looking to learn from the one and only Teddy himself.
who should i look for if i want to practice with kevin? will we have nametags or something?

also, question for anybody, do you guys provide food at these tournies?

just want to know if i should pack a sandwich or something since it goes from eleven to pretty late in the day

Top Bottom