• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Netplay Community Build - 0.2.0 released!

Are you interested in a Melee Netplay Community Build?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 1,042 97.2%
  • No, I'm not

Votes: 30 2.8%

• Total voters

ShaVark

Smash Rookie
Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus software you might have, or let XDeltaUI.exe and XDelta.exe though their firewall. Something is probably blocking it.
hmm, I reformatted my PC not too long ago and COMPLETELY forgot about that, thanks for reminding me!

I disabled firewall, and the problem still seems to persist. I don't have any anti-virus software. ;/

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Finally had time to get down with it : o)

I managed to adapt the SSS to 20XX, thanks !

Apparently, the last verison of 20XX doesn't use the japanese version of pkmn stadium for the no transform version, so I can't have a separate texture hack on each but i'll do without.

Thanks again for your help !

Vegard

Smash Lord
"Target window mismatch" when trying to path ntsc 1.02 into the netplay community build... Or do I have to patch from PAL to the community build?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Finally had time to get down with it : o)

I managed to adapt the SSS to 20XX, thanks !

Apparently, the last verison of 20XX doesn't use the japanese version of pkmn stadium for the no transform version, so I can't have a separate texture hack on each but i'll do without.

Thanks again for your help !
No problemo cappuccino.

"Target window mismatch" when trying to path ntsc 1.02 into the netplay community build... Or do I have to patch from PAL to the community build?
If you're building a PAL Community Build ISO, you'll need to start with a vanilla PAL Melee ISO for the PAL patch files provided in the first post to work.

If you want to patch a NTSC 1.2 Melee ISO to a PAL Community Build ISO, use these patch files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nv3uu2qih3pcil1/MNCB+v0.2.0+-+NTSC+TO+PAL.rar

------------------

On a side note ~ I noticed something big! MediaFire is probably lying but I'll mention it here anyway...

We've just surpassed 10,000 downloads
for the NTSC Community Build Patch!

A massive thank you to everyone who has
been playing and enjoying the build!

You are all awesome. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
No problemo cappuccino.

If you're building a PAL Community Build ISO, you'll need to start with a vanilla PAL Melee ISO for the PAL patch files provided in the first post to work.

If you want to patch a NTSC 1.2 Melee ISO to a PAL Community Build ISO, use these patch files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nv3uu2qih3pcil1/MNCB+v0.2.0+-+NTSC+TO+PAL.rar

------------------

On a side note ~ I noticed something big! MediaFire is probably lying but I'll mention it here anyway...

We've just surpassed 10,000 downloads
for the NTSC Community Build Patch!

A massive thank you to everyone who has
been playing and enjoying the build!

You are all awesome. :happysheep:
Ok, so I have an unmodified melee iso and it isn't working on xdelta

Silent J

Smash Rookie
Swapping stages on the SSS (where they actually link to) required DOL modding. I changed the icons/preview text of each stage individually via texture hacking later. You can easily do the same thing and swap in/out stages using the same method, though it's probs outdated by now.

Here's a list of all the stage values and their offsets. These should be for vanilla.
Key:
Name
Offset in the Start.DOL (They are all 0x1C apart)
AABBCCDD

AA - Stage type?
BB - Icon/Model/Text Preview ID
CC - Stage Select Menu ID
DD - Stage to load ID

Peach's Castle
0x3ED6D8

Rainbow Cruise
0x3ED6F4
02010C0B

Kongo Jungle
0x3ED710

Jungle Japes
0x3ED72C
02030D0C

Great Bay
0x3ED748
0204020D

Hyrule Temple
0x3ED764
02050E0E

Yoshi's Story
0x3ED780

Yoshi's Island Melee
0x3ED79C

FoD
0x3ED7B8
020A0502

Green Greens
0x3ED7D4
020B1111

Corneria
0x3ED7F0
020C0607

Venom
0x3ED80C
020D1216

Brinstar
0x3ED828

Brinstar Depths
0x3ED844
02070F0F

Onett
0x3ED860

Fourside
0x3ED87C

Mute City
0x3ED898
0210080A

Big Blue
0x3ED8B4

Pokemon Stadium
0x3ED8D0
020E0703

Poke Floats
0x3ED8EC
020F1317

Mushroom Kingdom I
0x3ED908
02140B13

Mushroom Kingdom II
0x3ED924

Icicle Mountain
0x3ED940
02160A19

Flatzone
0x3ED95C
0217171B

Battlefield
0x3ED978
0218181F

Final Destination
0x3ED994

Dream Land
0x3ED9B0
021A1A1C

Yoshi's Island 64
0x3ED9CC
021B1B1D

Kongo Jungle 64
0x3ED9E8
021C1C1E

Random?
0x3EDA04
021D0000

So if you want to have your 20XX/Comm Build Hybrid SSS link to the right stages, you should just have to copy and paste all the modified SSS stage values to the ones in the Community Build. Just open up the Community Build's Start.DOL in a hex editor, then copy from 3ED6D8 - 3EDA08 and paste it in the same location in your 20XX Start.DOL. If that doesn't work let me know, this is kinda off the top of my head.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I do have a question about this.

Editing the .dol to change what stages get selected works perfectly, except that it also affects both select screens, i.e. say in 20XX I change the hex for the selection of Flat zone to the Underground Maze stage. This also makes selecting the snag the trophies stage to load the maze.

Tried doing some searching around, only came up with info achilles wrote about the hacked screen stage toggle (writing some byte to FF as a toggle) that I'm not sure is relevant anymore. Am I out of luck or can the individual .dat/.usd stage selects be controlled by a different .dol edit?

Myougi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I do have a question about this.

Editing the .dol to change what stages get selected works perfectly, except that it also affects both select screens, i.e. say in 20XX I change the hex for the selection of Flat zone to the Underground Maze stage. This also makes selecting the snag the trophies stage to load the maze.

Tried doing some searching around, only came up with info achilles wrote about the hacked screen stage toggle (writing some byte to FF as a toggle) that I'm not sure is relevant anymore. Am I out of luck or can the individual .dat/.usd stage selects be controlled by a different .dol edit?
You should be able to mess with the individual MnSlMap.dat/MnSlMap.usd files in order to link to different stages but I don't remember the offsets for each of the individual stages for those files (If that even works. That isn't the method I used to modify the SSS).
I'd ask Achilles on this one - The way he set up his alternate SSS screens is a lot different to how I set up the Community Build's SSS. Sorry I can't help much on this topic.

Silent J

Smash Rookie
You should be able to mess with the individual MnSlMap.dat/MnSlMap.usd files in order to link to different stages but I don't remember the offsets for each of the individual stages for those files (If that even works. That isn't the method I used to modify the SSS).
I'd ask Achilles on this one - The way he set up his alternate SSS screens is a lot different to how I set up the Community Build's SSS. Sorry I can't help much on this topic.
Hey thanks for the reply! Was curious about the whole MnSlMaps' relation to the dol. I'll definitely try messing with them and see if I can find anything interesting at least, I love this kind of stuff.

Dig the build by the way! Sorry about the slight derailment .-.

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Do you know how I would go about re enabling memory card saving? I want to be able to save stuff like nametags onto my console.

MattMusky

Smash Rookie
I got it to work through Dolphin, but I have no clue how to get netplay working. Do I use Anther's ladder? I've tried it but I didn't have any "gecko codes" on Dolphin. Is there a way to do it through Dolphin? Is it possibly already in the game and I'm too dumb to figure it out?

MattMusky

Smash Rookie
Any known way to fix this?
u need to watch the video on how to set it up, you don't play it through that file, if u scroll all the way up on this page, it's the tab that says "Spoiler: Quick Installation..." watch that video and/or read the instructions in that tab

MattMusky

Smash Rookie
u need to watch the video on how to set it up, you don't play it through that file, if u scroll all the way up on this page, it's the tab that says "Spoiler: Quick Installation..." watch that video and/or read the instructions in that tab
Are you here cause of Dunkey's video too?

Myougi

Do you know how I would go about re enabling memory card saving? I want to be able to save stuff like nametags onto my console.
Right now there's no simple way to do this without extracting and modifying the Start.DOL.

Any known way to fix this?
The file you downloaded in the main post is an RAR file that contains a patch and xDelta (a program used to patch your NTSC 1.2 Melee ISO.). That file is not an ISO in itself.

Make sure you're opening the file you downloaded with WinRAR or another tool that can decompress RAR archives. Make sure you additionally are able to completely download the archive before trying to open it. If your download fails or gets messed up (by a pop-up blocker or your browser or some type of anti-virus software), you're not going to be able to open the RAR archive without it being incomplete or damaged. Be sure to carefully read the instructions listed in the first post/ the instructions in the RAR archive on how to create a Community Build ISO with the patch provided.

I got it to work through Dolphin, but I have no clue how to get netplay working. Do I use Anther's ladder? I've tried it but I didn't have any "gecko codes" on Dolphin. Is there a way to do it through Dolphin? Is it possibly already in the game and I'm too dumb to figure it out?
Anther's Ladder is a great place to find new people to play on netplay, and there's lots of guides there on how netplay works. For the Community Build, all the codes are hard-coded in the ISO, so no Gecko codes are required at all. :)

mrbru3

Smash Rookie
How do I get netplay to work? my friend is unable to connect to me, we have the same version of the emulator, dolphin-4.0-x64. In some videos that I've watched it showed people having to enter a code to join eachother but for me it doesn't show any of that, instead we have to join using my IP (and I did portforward). Do I possibly have the wrong version of the emulator or am I just doing something wrong?

Myougi

How do I get netplay to work? my friend is unable to connect to me, we have the same version of the emulator, dolphin-4.0-x64. In some videos that I've watched it showed people having to enter a code to join eachother but for me it doesn't show any of that, instead we have to join using my IP (and I did portforward). Do I possibly have the wrong version of the emulator or am I just doing something wrong?
There are tons of versions of Dolphin 4.0. The emulator gets updated every day. For netplay to work, both parties need to have the same version of Dolphin as well as make a few changes to the default settings to avoid desyncs online (ex: turning off memory cards. There's a list of what to do in the setup guide mentioned below).

Anther's ladder/The Melee netplay IRC uses it's own unique version of Dolphin specifically for netplay. This version of Dolphin is more stable for Melee netplay, has better performance on lower-end systems (due to it being build on Visual Studio 2015), and fixes issues that the frequently updated versions of Dolphin contain. The current most popular and recommended version of Dolphin for netplay is Dolphin 4.0-7840, which you can download here. Instructions on how to setup the emulator are found within the link.

Last edited:

squidinator

Smash Rookie
NNID
notarobot1
Could you possibly link the Melee ISO you use for the NTSC version, or just upload the ISO for the Network Community Build? I can't compile a proper ISO, it keeps giving me an error message that basically says that the base ISO i'm using isn't compatible.

Last edited:

Myougi

Could you possibly link the Melee ISO you use for the NTSC version, or just upload the ISO for the Network Community Build? I can't compile a proper ISO, it keeps giving me an error message that basically says that the base ISO i'm using isn't compatible.
I can't legally provide links to an NTSC Melee ISO, nor a complete Community Build ISO. It's not allowed by Smashboards. You need a NTSC 1.2 Melee ISO with absolutely no modifications it in order for the patcher to work. Melee 1.0/1.1 ISOs won't work with the patcher, only 1.2 ISOs.

I suggest you rip your own Melee ISO with a Wii, but I can't deny there's other ways of obtaining a 1.2 NSTC Melee ISO.
Google is your friend. :)

Apreion

Smash Rookie
I am one of many people who are probably here because of dunky's video and I need a little help. I currently have dolphin 4.0.8711 installed along with melee net play community build working properly. I also installed my official nintendo gamecube adapter and the controllers are working properly when playing offline. The problem is that when I try to net play with my friend (who has the same things installed) our controllers are recognized as being plugged in but the game doesn't recognize ANY inputs! We are using the Traversal connection just in case you are curious

Lionel Cabanas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cabanas_12
I am one of many people who are probably here because of dunky's video and I need a little help. I currently have dolphin 4.0.8711 installed along with melee net play community build working properly. I also installed my official nintendo gamecube adapter and the controllers are working properly when playing offline. The problem is that when I try to net play with my friend (who has the same things installed) our controllers are recognized as being plugged in but the game doesn't recognize ANY inputs! We are using the Traversal connection just in case you are curious
Try to use Dolphin 4.0-7840 since it is perfect for netplay with the wii u adapter

Apreion

Smash Rookie
Try to use Dolphin 4.0-7840 since it is perfect for netplay with the wii u adapter
Oh man I completely forgot to use the "Direct Connect" feature and as soon as I used it, everything worked! Thank you so much!! So I guess 4.0.7840 is the version to go with for online netplay!

ziny

Smash Rookie
Edited, never mind thanks works great D:

Last edited:

Myougi

Edited, never mind thanks works great D:
Glad you could work out your troubles ^^

When will an oceania version be release?
Use whichever version of the build according to your region. I'm pretty sure Oceania uses the PAL build.

Just wondering. Can you play this build with players that do not use it?
No, unless both players have the Community Build netplay will desync.

Spouque

Smash Rookie

Myougi

Hey. I've always been a great f*cking fan of smash, and i'd love to play with my friend. I run on Windows 7 and i got this ISO : https://gyazo.com/49f73a4be2f876ea10ed42aef26d83db (sorry for the Gyazos posts)

I'm doing what the tutorial says (btw i'm on PAL version) and when i try to patch it tells me this : https://gyazo.com/a0bac51edee4d95fedd896320fc2dfe2

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

What did i do wrong ?

Thanks for the answer, with all my love

Spouque
You're trying to use a NTSC 1.2 ISO with a PAL patcher.
Use the NTSC 1.2 -> PAL Community Build file set, or start with a vanilla PAL Melee ISO and use the patcher file set you've been using.

-NV

Smash Cadet
Hey, im trying to use widescreen.

Everytime I replace the original MNCE02.ini with the one provided, it gets replaced all right, but the gecko code doesnt appear. + when I click edit config to show the MNCE02.ini file, it shows it empty and unedited again.

Tips?

Spouque

Smash Rookie
Still doesnt work : same message : xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I used the PAL Community Build file set with ISO i already had, and it doesn't work either. For the vanilla ISO, i searched on Google and it seems that the v1.02 is vanilla, i don't know.

Please help meeeh

MonsoonSeason

Smash Rookie
So after I patch the new iso, it just puts a damaged version of a rar file I have? Any reason? I really need help with this I'm so close to being done and I really want to try this out.

Myougi

Hey, im trying to use widescreen.

Everytime I replace the original MNCE02.ini with the one provided, it gets replaced all right, but the gecko code doesnt appear. + when I click edit config to show the MNCE02.ini file, it shows it empty and unedited again.

Tips?
To enable widescreen right click the ISO in Dolphin, click on 'Properties', click on 'Gecko Codes', and copy and paste this, then hit the [x] and check the box.
Code:
[Gecko]
$16:9 Widescreen Support (v1.02) [InternetExplorer]
C2021ABC 00000002
39C00001 38600006
60000000 00000000
C236A4A8 00000007
C03F0034 2C0E0001
41820024 3C004080
90010030 3C004040
90010034 C0010030
EC210032 C0010034
EC210024 39C00000
281E0000 00000000
Can i play online with dios mios?
DIOS-MIOS doesn't have online features, but you can boot the build though DIOS-MIOS.

Still doesnt work : same message : xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I used the PAL Community Build file set with ISO i already had, and it doesn't work either. For the vanilla ISO, i searched on Google and it seems that the v1.02 is vanilla, i don't know.

Please help meeeh
Make sure your ISO isn't corrupted or anything. Re-rip your ISO or obtain another one.

So after I patch the new iso, it just puts a damaged version of a rar file I have? Any reason? I really need help with this I'm so close to being done and I really want to try this out.
Make sure you're naming the output file 'MNCBv2.iso' or something similar. Be absolutely sure you put '.iso' at the end of whatever you named it.

Last edited:

MonsoonSeason

Smash Rookie
I go to type in the output file and save it in a folder, and it doesn't save. I click save and nothing happens, not even an error? Did I miss something, sorry for my lack of understanding, I'm not great with this kind of thing.

*edit* I didn't read it right, thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Kunio

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kunio-Kun
Probably a stupid question, but are you able to replace the tracks with whatever song files you want?
Either way, this looks really freaking awesome, and I'm looking forward to playing this online.

Glaikit

Smash Rookie
It mentions on the main post a couple of times about being compatible with dios mios on console, but on my USB Loader it doesn't appear. Any suggestions? I'm using the PAL iso if that might have anything to do with it

Last edited:

-NV

Smash Cadet
To enable widescreen right click the ISO in Dolphin, click on 'Properties', click on 'Gecko Codes', and copy and paste this, then hit the [x] and check the box.
Code:
[Gecko]
$16:9 Widescreen Support (v1.02) [InternetExplorer]
C2021ABC 00000002
39C00001 38600006
60000000 00000000
C236A4A8 00000007
C03F0034 2C0E0001
41820024 3C004080
90010030 3C004040
90010034 C0010030
EC210032 C0010034
EC210024 39C00000
281E0000 00000000
i paste in the code
save it and close it
open up the gecko codes section
no codes available
i check the file again and its empty

like i said above, i tried replacing the actual file too, same problem.
it shows the change, but when i go to activate the code, no codes available.
and when i reopen the file, its empty.

Top Bottom