• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Netplay Community Build - 0.2.0 released!

Are you interested in a Melee Netplay Community Build?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 1,042 97.2%
  • No, I'm not

Votes: 30 2.8%

• Total voters

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'm betting you're talking about your special Stage selection screen. :D

I came up with a mock up on the stages the netplay community build would include off of your stage selection screen screen shot you put up. Of course you can change it how you like and this is just to give an idea on what it might look like.

Basically the bottom row is unmodded legal stages. I would like to take advantage of using Achilles' modified icons for some of the stages, like Dreamland 64 and Kongo. Keep in mind this is rough and the icons could be centered to make it look nicer.

The middle and top row is modified stages. Peach's castle has no hazards for example, and Hyrule is replaced with Skyloft.

If you could remove the junk in the background, that would be awesome. I moved the random button to the side and the level text up. If they have to be on screen see if you can put them there, or if you can try to push both of them off screen. What would be great is a code to disable hitting start to select a random stage and not have the button or text there so players don't have the ability to mess up the stage striking code.
I got really excited looking at that until I remembered why it's not possible (yet :]). The stages move in groups of two. For example, Great Bay and Hyrule Castle (Zelda Stages) are actually one "object." If I want to move one, I move both. It's like that for pretty much all the stages that are grouped my game/genre. I think I can change the size of the smaller boxes but I haven't really looked into it all of that much.

What I have as of right now is a very primitive version and more for personal use as it pretty much fits my needs. It's one row of starters and another of counter picks. Like I said before, I really like where you want this to go especially with the "modified" versions of the already legal stages (ie dreamland no wind) even though that more of @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 's cup of tea.

I'm really open to (well need) suggestions on how this should look/what I can do better. Obviously, I don't want people to tell me it's not textured, I know. I'm thinking about legal stages I should include etc. in order to really get a "tournament build."

@sdremix_troubleshooter

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I got really excited looking at that until I remembered why it's not possible (yet :]). The stages move in groups of two. For example, Great Bay and Hyrule Castle (Zelda Stages) are actually one "object." If I want to move one, I move both. It's like that for pretty much all the stages that are grouped my game/genre. I think I can change the size of the smaller boxes but I haven't really looked into it all of that much.

What I have as of right now is a very primitive version and more for personal use as it pretty much fits my needs. It's one row of starters and another of counter picks. Like I said before, I really like where you want this to go especially with the "modified" versions of the already legal stages (ie dreamland no wind) even though that more of @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 's cup of tea.

I'm really open to (well need) suggestions on how this should look/what I can do better. Obviously, I don't want people to tell me it's not textured, I know. I'm thinking about legal stages I should include etc. in order to really get a "tournament build."

@sdremix_troubleshooter
It looks amazing. :D

A random button is nice in case someone's holding a direction on the control stick when someone presses start. Random is used a lot online in friendlies.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

@sdremix_troubleshooter
Oh my god it's beautiful.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Might I recommend this for Dream Land?
Does Melee really need yet another Green Greens remix? :p

Wow, very insightful post. I didn't know the Stage Select Screen icons moved in pairs, that's really interesting!

I love the work you've done on the SSS screen. It looks simplistic and nice. As for suggestions I can list a few. I think you should take out the junk in the back. In the end if the stages are a little jumbled up it wouldn't matter to-to much but it would be nice to see if all the normal legal stages be in one line. As for other legal stages/things to include on the SSS, I'll make a list for you and throw it in the main post. I needed to do it anyway. I really like how you added a page 2. I wonder if we could have all the unmodified legal stages on page 1 on the bottom and then on the top have all the modified legal stages. We can fill in page 2 with the heavily modified stages.

As far as I know form messing with GCR, you can't simply trick the game into loading a different stage with the proper stage's file name (I've been trying to put FD over Icicle Mountain for example). If we could overcome that it would be an easy-ish work around since all that would need to be done would be replacing the SSS icons.

EDIT:
[COLLAPSE=Melee Netplay Community Build - Stage List]

Total: 21 Stages

Legal:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Kongo Jungle 64

Semi-Legal:
Battlefield Minus
Yoshi's Story without Flyguys
Pokemon Stadium without transformations
Dreamland 64 without wind
Kongo Jungle 64 without middle moving platforms and no barrel
Fountain of Dreams without side platforms (I might replace this one with FoD with stuck platforms but I need to know what everyone else's opinion is on it.)

Modified:
Smashville-Fourside (From 20XX)
Skyloft-Hyrule (From 20XX)
Green Greens (From Melee SD Remix)

Bonus Modified:
Corneria without hazards
Peach's Castle without bullet bills or buttons
Kongo Jungle without the barrel, the rocks, the logs, and the krocs
Brinstar without Lava
Yoshi's 64 without clouds and a removed platform (From Melee SD Remix)

[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Does Melee really need yet another Green Greens remix? :p
As far as I know form messing with GCR, you can't simply trick the game into loading a different stage with the proper stage's file name (I've been trying to put FD over Icicle Mountain for example). If we could overcome that it would be an easy-ish work around since all that would need to be done would be replacing the SSS icons.
You would just want to use an ASM code for this such as:
Code:
Icicle Mountain is FD
C225BB44 00000003
2C000019 40820008
38000020 B003001E
60000000 00000000
Jorgasms already has this covered though, as I'm pretty much 100% sure he's already using a similar code in the above video. (Brinstar Depths is changed to Battlefield).

And the SSS is really cool, Jorgasms. That's some creative work. And the ability to have separate menus is quite [Melee] revolutionary. As far as suggestions that haven't been mentioned yet, I would raise the stage text up a bit. Letters that drop below the normal base line are borderline overlapping the stage icons, and it just seems a little scrunched for no reason. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Oh, hows the Melee Netplay logo? Anther doesn't have a high res version of his logo D:

Also where it says 20XX on the closed character port thing, it would be cool if it had the Melee Netplay logo there. :D

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I think you should take out the junk in the back.
Yeah.
In the end if the stages are a little jumbled up it wouldn't matter to-to much but it would be nice to see if all the normal legal stages be in one line. As for other legal stages/things to include on the SSS, I'll make a list for you and throw it in the main post. I needed to do it anyway. I really like how you added a page 2. I wonder if we could have all the unmodified legal stages on page 1 on the bottom and then on the top have all the modified legal stages. We can fill in page 2 with the heavily modified stages.
You may feel differently but ultimately, the goal is to deviate from vMelee and move towards a PM-esque stage select screen. Starters on bottom. Counter-picks in middle. Illegal stages on top/second page.

Gecko codes. We'd also have to modify the Random Select but that's not too bad.
[COLLAPSE=Melee Netplay Community Build - Stage List]

Total: 21 Stages

Legal:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Kongo Jungle 64

Semi-Legal:
Battlefield Minus
Yoshi's Story without Flyguys
Pokemon Stadium without transformations
Dreamland 64 without wind
Kongo Jungle 64 without middle moving platforms and no barrel
Fountain of Dreams without side platforms (I might replace this one with FoD with stuck platforms but I need to know what everyone else's opinion is on it.)

Modified:
Smashville-Fourside (From 20XX)
Skyloft-Hyrule (From 20XX)
Green Greens (From Melee SD Remix)

Bonus Modified:
Corneria without hazards
Peach's Castle without bullet bills or buttons
Kongo Jungle without the barrel, the rocks, the logs, and the krocs
Brinstar without Lava
Yoshi's 64 without clouds and a removed platform (From Melee SD Remix)

[/COLLAPSE]
This is a pretty good list. However, I feel as if some of the stages don't really need their own icon. I'm thinking a "remove stage hazards" feature. Essentially, I'd make the grey boxes around the stage icons orange or red and only have them show up when you press up on the dpad. When orange boxes show up, stage hazards are removed or vice versa. This should allow us to keep some of casual stages on page 2.

What about the Mushroom Kingdom I and II mods?

To build on my previous post, the stages should be organized by "legality."
[COLLAPSE=Melee Netplay Community Build - Stage List (Revised)]

Total: 21 Page 1 Stages, 8 Page 2 Stages.

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Pokemon Stadium w/o Transformations
Fountain of Dreams **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Dreamland 64 **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Green Greens (From SD Remix)

Counter Picks:
Smashville/Fourside
Skyloft/Hyrule
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64 **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Mushroom Kingdom I (Modified)?
Mushroom Kingdom II (Modified)?
Yoshi's 64 (From SD Remix)

The Debatables (Illegal is Harsh...):
Corneria **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Peach's Castle **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Kongo Jungle **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Brinstar **Stage Hazard Toggle**
Big Blue w/ Stationary Ship
Mute City?
Battlefield Minus? (Is this Achilles' moving platforms?)

Page 2:
(one of these can't stay)
Icicle Mountain
Jungle Japes
Onett
Yoshi's Island
Venom
Rainbox Cruise
Termina Bay
Poke Floats
Brinstar Depths
I would also love to put the extra stages here like Snag the Trophy, Test Stage, Home Run Contest etc... (personal).
[/COLLAPSE]

The most important thing to take away from this post is I want to change the game for the better. If you feel that I'm wrong, I will gladly help you out and keep my SSS for personal use.

Myougi

Yeah.

You may feel differently but ultimately, the goal is to deviate from vMelee and move towards a PM-esque stage select screen. Starters on bottom. Counter-picks in middle. Illegal stages on top/second page.

Gecko codes. We'd also have to modify the Random Select but that's not too bad.

This is a pretty good list. However, I feel as if some of the stages don't really need their own icon. I'm thinking a "remove stage hazards" feature. Essentially, I'd make the grey boxes around the stage icons orange or red and only have them show up when you press up on the dpad. When orange boxes show up, stage hazards are removed or vice versa. This should allow us to keep some of casual stages on page 2.

What about the Mushroom Kingdom I and II mods?

To build on my previous post, the stages should be organized by "legality."

-clip clip-

The most important thing to take away from this post is I want to change the game for the better. If you feel that I'm wrong, I will gladly help you out and keep my SSS for personal use.
I agree with you on a lot of things and I think we're really in sync on most of this. I'm totally for making the game very PM-esque, but still I would like it to have it's own specialties. Going off that, I love the idea for the 'Remove the Hazards' feature, and that would solve a ton of foreseeable problems. Not only would it free up a lot of space on the screen but it would prevent player disputes for striking to the same stage with/without hazards.

I think you know this but for the stage mods we would need to inject the Gecko codes into the .DOL so it's easy for the users to install/use. The .DOL I have been working with has been attached.

I added some comments to your stage list that are colored in this color.

[COLLAPSE=Melee Netplay Community Build - Stage List (Edited with comments)]

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination

[These stages are fine. If possible I would rather have the Stadiums (with and without transformations) swapped, or better yet maybe we can give Stadium a toggle like the others.]

Counter Picks:
Smashville/Fourside
Skyloft/Hyrule
Pokemon Stadium with Transformations
Yoshi's 64 minus top platform (From SD Remix/20XX)

[These stages are fine too. As for the Mushroom Kingdom Modifications, I kinda made a big goof. There is one I potentially want to include: Alpha Kingdom over Kingdom 1. Kick out Mushroom Kingdom 2 and stick this modified version of Termina Bay up there instead:

High Tide at Great Bay:
By Milun

]

Mute City?

[Corneria, Peach's, Brinstar, and Kongo should stay and don't need the stage toggle. They shouldn't have their hazards have the option to turn on since they are usually banned in the first place.

Battlefield Minus is Achilles' with movable platforms. Maybe we could have two versions of it, one with platforms in a 'staircase' and one with the middle platform lowered. Players could choose which one they want with a toggle.

I would maybe kick Big Blue and Mute City out of the mix, that is unless we can remove the cars.]

Page 2:
Icicle Mountain
Jungle Japes
Onett
Yoshi's Island
Venom
Rainbox Cruise
Termina Bay
Poke Floats
Brinstar Depths
--You forgot flat zone--
I would also love to put the extra stages here like Snag the Trophy, Test Stage, Home Run Contest etc... (personal).

[I would kick out Icicle Mountain first and foremost.

If you need to free up some more space, kick out Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Island, and Venom next. After that then kick out Onett, Pokefloats, Termina Bay, and then Rainbow Cruise and Jungle Japes last. Remember, Japes used to be a legal stage in doubles. (These are in order btw)

I'm really iffy on the inclusion of extra stages. I would like to include the Snag the Trophy stage if one were to make it in, but none of the extra stages are remotely tournament legal for obvious reasons. (Snag the Trophy has no edges and has lips that kill some characters, The test stage is way to big, and Homerun contest has a camera that targets the 2nd player at all times and only has one blast zone at the top.)]

[/COLLAPSE]

Thanks for all the help and the responses. Let's make Melee a competitive game for years to come. :3

FILES ATTACHED:
Start.dol
All File Replacements up to this point

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I agree with you on a lot of things and I think we're really in sync on most of this. I'm totally for making the game very PM-esque, but still I would like it to have it's own specialties. Going off that, I love the idea for the 'Remove the Hazards' feature, and that would solve a ton of foreseeable problems. Not only would it free up a lot of space on the screen but it would prevent player disputes for striking to the same stage with/without hazards.

I think you know this but for the stage mods we would need to inject the Gecko codes into the .DOL so it's easy for the users to install/use. The .DOL I have been working with has been attached.

I added some comments to your stage list that are colored in this color.

[COLLAPSE=Melee Netplay Community Build - Stage List (Edited with comments)]

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination

[These stages are fine. If possible I would rather have the Stadiums (with and without transformations) swapped, or better yet maybe we can give Stadium a toggle like the others.]

Counter Picks:
Smashville/Fourside
Skyloft/Hyrule
Pokemon Stadium with Transformations
Yoshi's 64 minus top platform (From SD Remix/20XX)

[These stages are fine too. As for the Mushroom Kingdom Modifications, I kinda made a big goof. There is one I potentially want to include: Alpha Kingdom over Kingdom 1. Kick out Mushroom Kingdom 2 and stick this modified version of Termina Bay up there instead:

High Tide at Great Bay:
By Milun

]

Mute City?

[Corneria, Peach's, Brinstar, and Kongo should stay and don't need the stage toggle. They shouldn't have their hazards have the option to turn on since they are usually banned in the first place.

Battlefield Minus is Achilles' with movable platforms. Maybe we could have two versions of it, one with platforms in a 'staircase' and one with the middle platform lowered. Players could choose which one they want with a toggle.

I would maybe kick Big Blue and Mute City out of the mix, that is unless we can remove the cars.]

Page 2:
Icicle Mountain
Jungle Japes
Onett
Yoshi's Island
Venom
Rainbox Cruise
Termina Bay
Poke Floats
Brinstar Depths
--You forgot flat zone--

[I would kick out Icicle Mountain first and foremost.

If you need to free up some more space, kick out Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Island, and Venom next. After that then kick out Onett, Pokefloats, Termina Bay, and then Rainbow Cruise and Jungle Japes last. Remember, Japes used to be a legal stage in doubles. (These are in order btw)

I'm really iffy on the inclusion of extra stages. I would like to include the Snag the Trophy stage if one were to make it in, but none of the extra stages are remotely tournament legal for obvious reasons. (Snag the Trophy has no edges and has lips that kill some characters, The test stage is way to big, and Homerun contest has a camera that targets the 2nd player at all times and only has one blast zone at the top.)]

[/COLLAPSE]

Thanks for all the help and the responses. Let's make Melee a competitive game for years to come. :3
I don't know about the Great Bay just because the turtle can't be grabbed iirc. Maybe put that in the "Debatables" section and put this version of MKII in. I feel you on stage hazards. I wouldn't get your hopes up to high on multiple Battlefield Minuses. I should be able to do it but we'll see. Don't worry about the "extra" stages on the second page. I wasn't planning on putting them into the community build anyways.

I'll start on this tomorrow.

Myougi

I don't know about the Great Bay just because the turtle can't be grabbed iirc. Maybe put that in the "Debatables" section and put this version of MKII in. I feel you on stage hazards. I wouldn't get your hopes up to high on multiple Battlefield Minuses. I should be able to do it but we'll see. Don't worry about the "extra" stages on the second page. I wasn't planning on putting them into the community build anyways.

I'll start on this tomorrow.
That's a better idea, I think I would include that version of MKII over Great Bay. Is it possible we can disable Birdo and the logs on it though? Multiple battlefields are fine to leave if you can't fit them in. They aren't high priority at all, and if it was easy to do it would be a nice addition but you don't need to go though the trouble just for a few stage platform alterations.

Myougi

So Achilles' alt costumes mod will be in, right?
Not in the first release, no.
Since players can set their own custom skins in their packs and not desync it's not high on the priority list. If Achilles gives me the code to inject into the .dol and instructs me on how it works I can add it. If that goes in I might add the code to disable backing out of the CSS so that nobody views trophies and potentially messes up anything.

(double post...?)

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
That's a better idea, I think I would include that version of MKII over Great Bay. Is it possible we can disable Birdo and the logs on it though? Multiple battlefields are fine to leave if you can't fit them in. They aren't high priority at all, and if it was easy to do it would be a nice addition but you don't need to go though the trouble just for a few stage platform alterations.
Yeah I'll see what can I do.

Myougi

Oh, hows the Melee Netplay logo? Anther doesn't have a high res version of his logo D:

Also where it says 20XX on the closed character port thing, it would be cool if it had the Melee Netplay logo there. :D
Oops. I forgot to share this. It's a bit on the small side bit it should do (I used Melee's 'MELEE' word and this is as big as I could make it without it looking fuzzy and horrible). It's yellow to go with Goxplex's icon.

png: http://i.imgur.com/B2h66Ir.png
alt: http://i.imgur.com/OTHaYsG.png

Wada ya think?

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
@ Myougi Myougi

Are you still interested in the 2 page SSS even if the second page only has eight terrible stages on it? I feel like this is more than enough especially since those stages won't ever be played on.

2. Does this look fine to you? I'll move the "Stage Select" and try to move delete the model in the bottom left* (thanks CeLL).

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
@ Myougi Myougi

1. Are you still interested in the 2 page SSS even if the second page only has eight terrible stages on it? I feel like this is more than enough especially since those stages won't ever be played on.

2. Does this look fine to you(design wise and stage wise, also, that big blue is just the ship, no roads or cars)? I'll move the "Stage Select" and try to move/delete the model in the bottom right.

That's an ingame picture? That looks amazing. :D

But, by bottom right do you mean bottom left? Or am I blind/crazy again?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
That's an ingame picture? That looks amazing. :D

But, by bottom right do you mean bottom left? Or am I blind/crazy again?
You're right. I think it's time for bed. Hopefully this will be done tomorrow.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
@ Myougi Myougi Did you use the Smashville-Fourside file from 20XX? Achilles took out some lights on the background buildings, and imo, it looks better than the original.

Myougi

@ Myougi Myougi

Are you still interested in the 2 page SSS even if the second page only has eight terrible stages on it? I feel like this is more than enough especially since those stages won't ever be played on.

2. Does this look fine to you? I'll move the "Stage Select" and try to move delete the model in the bottom left* (thanks CeLL).

Holy bajesus, you went way out of your way and did more work than you needed too! I don't really care much for page 2 to be honest, especially after seeing all the work you put into just this. My god this is amazing! The new stage select looks AMAZING and I can't wait to see it in motion.

@ Myougi Myougi Did you use the Smashville-Fourside file from 20XX? Achilles took out some lights on the background buildings, and imo, it looks better than the original.
I'm using the Smashville-Fourside from Milun. If Achilles' Smashville-Fourside looks better, we should go with that.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm using the Smashville-Fourside from Milun. If Achilles' Smashville-Fourside looks better, we should go with that.
Fourside is TyPy.dat in the 20XX Pack (3.00+). I took out some lights in the background buildings so it seems less hectic and harsh on the eyes.

@ Myougi Myougi

Dude....that's so great. It really looks phenomenal! The jump from the last revision was drastic. Idk exactly how they are linked together but I think you should completely switch the Kongo Jungle and Corneria columns. That way, all the Kirby stages will be grouped together and all other stage groups will remain intact as well.

I can't stop looking at it.

And I was thinking -
So, on the SSS I haven't done anything more than move a "connected" group of 2 off the screen. And then I said to myself "Sweet! Good to know." (these offsets came from Sham Rock). How did you resolve this problem of moving in pairs? What would happen if you overlapped one row of stages among two connected groups? Would the texture that is loaded second be the selectable ones? If so, your toggle could simply have the function of moving the overlapped group offscreen to expose stages behind it. I guess it's somewhat limiting, so maybe what you're already doing is more efficient/effective. The thought just popped in my head so I thought I'd write it down.

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
@ Myougi Myougi

Any updates on this? I'm really interested on your SSS mod. Even if you could share a link of the old version it would be cool. :)

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Any updates on this? I'm really interested on yout SSS mod. Even if you could share a link of the old version it would be cool. :)
Sorry I've been busy with college apps/essays as of late. I'll try to remember to post this when I get home.

Edit: USB with all my files was left at a friends. Don't hate me.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I don't like the idea of changing the legal stages from the normal 6. Too big of a difference.

Myougi

Obviously this will need some testing for desyncs, but what does everyone think about having a version of The Melee Netplay Community Build with and without the Perfect Widescreen .dol injection? I've been noticing lots of PM netplay players tend to turn widescreen off at the start of their matches and since Dolphin is rendering that little bit more of the game it's actually affecting performance more than one would think.

If one person and another have two different builds with different .dol injections my theory is that they would probably desync immediately. I'm going to test this and see if this is the case and if it isn't I'll give people the option. If it does, I'll be removing the code from the start.dol. Everybody would rather have performance over quality, right?

Another thing to bring up with the widescreen code. Being a .dol injection there's no day to turn it off, and it stays active forever. (There technically is, look at Achillies' 20XX toggle-full debug menu.) I frankly would rather not let people have the option because it might cause unnecessary disputes between players before matches. Not being able to turn it off makes the game look funky when played on real consoles/CRTs too, and if this build were to be brought to tournaments may effect tournament play slightly.

I don't like the idea of changing the legal stages from the normal 6. Too big of a difference.
All of the legal stages are available, despite being listed differently. The stages are in their places due to technical limitations where stage icons are grouped together. Remember that stage striking is in the Community Build, and I think it still defaults (auto bans when you hit Y) to the standard tournament stage list so you can use that.

Last edited:

Myougi

So, the Melee Netplay Community Build will have a Kongo Jungle with 'legal' modifications. That's all well and good but there is still a huge problem with the stage - the music.

In my opinion, Nintendo butchered Rareware's DK Rap when they put a revision of it in Melee.
Ears of Smashers have bled from far too long, and now the pain and suffering is finally over!

Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2 is now in The Melee Community Build!

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
The stages are in their places due to technical limitations where stage icons are grouped together. Remember that stage striking is in the Community Build, and I think it still defaults (auto bans when you hit Y) to the standard tournament stage list so you can use that.
Actually I just wanted to avoid swapping Green Greens and FoD just because FoD is only somewhat legal (double banned) anyway and it required like 30 seconds of work I didn't want to do. However, after play testing it yesterday at my smashfest, I determined that Green Greens shouldn't be considered a neutral. I'll make that change along with a few others and then post everything.

Also, are we still using a standard dol as opposed to a modified 20XX?

Myougi

Actually I just wanted to avoid swapping Green Greens and FoD just because FoD is only somewhat legal (double banned) anyway and it required like 30 seconds of work I didn't want to do. However, after play testing it yesterday at my smashfest, I determined that Green Greens shouldn't be considered a neutral. I'll make that change along with a few others and then post everything.

Also, are we still using a standard dol as opposed to a modified 20XX?
Yes. I would much rather have the new stuff build off of a fresh Start.dol rather than the existing 20XX one.

Edit: Didn't I send you a start.dol that you could inject the code into? I thought you were working off that but if you aren't ignore this edit and inject the code into a fresh start.dol.

Edit: It might just be easier for you to just post your code here and give me the injection points.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Are we going to be able to also use @ Cyjorg Cyjorg 's SSS mod with 20XX hack pack?
I have my own 20XX build so it's possible, yes. However, I won't post the dol modifications/stage swaps necessary to make it work. I'll let him decide if he wants it or not in which case I'll send him everything he needs.

I really just don't want to take over part of his hack pack unless he specifically asks. Does that make sense or am I being dumb haha?

Edit: My part of this project is officially done. Now, we wait.

Last edited:

Myougi

I'm happy to announce that the very first public version of the Melee Netplay Community Build has been released! When playing please keep in mind the community build is still being worked on and to not harshly judge it. This build (0.1.0) is stable enough for public use right now, so we thought we would share what we have so far for you all to enjoy. Special thanks to Simna ibn Sind for helping me test it over netplay at midnight - it works great online!

If anyone happens to find any oddities of the community build not already listed in the main post please post them here and we will try to get it resolved in the next public version. Thanks guys, and happy playing!

Top Bottom