• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee in the Hold (MITH) IX Results [23/03/13]

If time permits, which side event would you like to see next?

• Total voters

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Melee 1v1 Bracket:

1st: Blunted_Object10
2nd: Yakal
3rd: xXx-NoobKing-xXx

4th: Mad J
5th: Meta
5th: Big D
7th: MichaelBluWafflez
7th: Captain L
9th: Ethan
9th: Gabriel
9th: Fox
9th: Myler
13th: Travis
13th: Kevin
13th: 1337
13th: Skidd
17th: Violence (Forfeit)
17th: Meep
17th: Daniel
17th: Jacki
17th: Oscar
17th: Koen
17th: Vishay
17th: Akl
25th: Georgio
25th: Francis
25th: Vincent
25th: Eric V
25th: Ray
25th: Devon

Melee 2v2 Bracket:

1st: Coquitlam's Finest (Meta + Yakal)
2nd: Brown Town (BO10 + NoobKing)
3rd: MadJ + Myler
4th: Captain L + Big D
5th: 1337 + Gabriel
5th: Sharma Boys
7th: Ethan + Oscar
7th: Jackie + Richard
9th: Meep + Akl

PM 1v1 Bracket:

1st: Blunted_Object10
2nd: Meta
3rd: Big D
4th: FireFly
5th: Captain L
5th: Breez
7th: Grape
7th: 1337
9th: Kevin
9th: Traffic
9th: Luukas

Shoutouts:
Thanks to everyone that came and all the new players omgsh! Most pleasant surprise all week.
EricB: Next time.
adam: Falcon dittoz + the filthy <3
madj: Good work beating evan, still got lots to learn though. We will play more next time.
evan: Thanks for ride/hosting/winningteamswithme/gettinguthrowuair'd
mike: GG's in pools/bracket. Almost got me twice ;D
Landon: THANK YOU FOR THE STREAM SETUP and ggs in doubles lol
bigD: little D
all the new players: Thanks for coming and hope to see you all next tourney :D
rest of brawl cats: Hope you all had fun ^_^ y'all should come out more often
drugtrafficz: squirtlz
breez: zss ain't legit soz and thanks ;)
sheldon: u ****
koen: lets play soon

Special shoutout to VIOLENCE! Thanks a bunch for coming, BC will miss your generosity, hosting abilities, and samus skillz. See you at EVO, homie.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! This tourney was stellar. See y'all @ MITH X

WILL HAVE VIDEOS SOON

michael_li

Smash Ace

haha i got 7th
i blame my 0.001% matchup exp vs icys, to bad i got unlucky and had to play the only 1 icys in the whole world, unlucky, what a shame. :) btw bigD ur win vs me ain't legit. guess what? you need wobbling to beat anyone in melee, that's as far as your skill cap in melee goes.

| Big D |

Smash Master
If that's how you feel you might want to take a rain check on EVO.

I really don't care about this game, it doesn't matter to me how I place. I had fun because there weren't expectations placed upon me. Beating you again was nice though I must admit, but it wouldn't have mattered much to me if I lost.

If you care about the game, then you have 2 options from here.

You can either john about your losses and flat out refuse to acknowledge you have a hole in your game, or you can work to patch the problem and become a better player.

One will get you better results and leave you as a better player, the other will just leave you mad behind a keyboard, where you go from here is up to you. I suggest learning the MU as I see wobbling legal becoming the norm in most regions after EVO.

Take this from a person who has climbed the ladder.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Take notes guys. I got 13th by spamming down smash. I hate Marth so much!

But seriously, the tournament was really fun and I'll be back next time. I'm pretty pleased I didn't place last and no johns Michael!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

I really don't care about this game, it doesn't matter to me how I place. I had fun because there weren't expectations placed upon me. Beating you again was nice though I must admit, but it wouldn't have mattered much to me if I lost.

You can either john about your losses and flat out refuse to acknowledge you have a hole in your game, or you can work to patch the problem and become a better player.

One will get you better results and leave you as a better player, the other will just leave you mad behind a keyboard, where you go from here is up to you. I suggest learning the MU as I see wobbling legal becoming the norm in most regions after EVO.

For a 16yr old, that was the most mature response i've seen on an internet forum in my entire life. I hate to say it Mike, as lame as I think wobbling is, Dawson is making a good point... and he's not even being a **** about it.

Falco vs IC's is tough. Maybe consider working on your fox or picking up peach or something. They have a much easier time against IC's. Or you could just make ur falcon as **** as mine and beat them that way. =P

AAAAAANYWAYS,

Things that happened at this tournament that were noteworthy for me...

mike beating yakal in pools, mad j beating evan in brackets, me getting to fight in winners finals with eric, 10 new players all very friendly and some EXCEPTIONALLY skilled with hot azn girlfriends. Dawson and captain L placing as high as they did. MYLERS FOX!.

Thanks to everyone who came out, especially all the new players. Hope to see you all at the next tournament. <3

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anyone know what characters the top 8 in Project M used? I'm making a tournament results archive for PM tournaments, and that information would be much appreciated!

SKidd

Smash Master
shoutouts to:
Landon for having a good set with me
1337 for having a tight set, get you next time :)
Big D for being a ****** with icies(no but seriously good stuff)
All the new people for being awesome and coming out
Yakal McQuackle for being ****ed
MadJ for being a nice dude
King of the Noobs for recommending Heather Brooke and referring me back to Tifa Longhart
Myler for being the wall I need to scale
Meta for being a cool host and liking awesome/gay music
Eric Brown for being da filtee and winning
Violence for being cool and showing me how **** samus can be
Koen, Devon (Devin?) and Ray for being chill i guess
and grape/jake/brawl dudes for playing 10 hour jigglypuff matches in the corner

also abbotsford
good ****

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think I may play a new character who also has a really good dsmash. I think there may be somebody to fill the Peach void if I drop her :p

Hopefully I'll have time to practise during the long weekend. :)

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Hey guys gg's to everyone. It was amazing to c all these new players. I hope a lot of you stick around. One thing though I played a new player I think in pools and we were talking about some of your friends on the island, in esquimalt I think, that play smash. I was suppose to get there numbers off you and forgot. so if u c this then just PM me or just get ur buddies to send me a message. We are desperate in Victoria for smashers, so any additions would be most welcome.

I'm going to name off a couple players in pools it may be : Devon, Eric v, meep, Daniel, Keon, Francis, or Vincent.

Meta thanks for an amazing two sets, pools and bracket.
Yakal, kinda got destroyed by u. First time play your falco in about 2 or 3 years, even in friendlies. Would like to do some MM against your falco next tourney to get some practice.
Adam brown doing the Adam brown... Lol thanks again for housing me and making it a hella fun weekend! Very nice place, but next time, bomberman snes fo sho! Also I'm glad we found out that they used link's audio track for that one part in summertime sadness. Pphhfff making me seem like imma trippin, DOOONTTT THINNKKK SOO BRRREEEWWWW!!!!

Also if terrorbird came to this tourney, doubles would have been free ;). But myler and I represented fox all around the world!!!! Great job in double buddy, glad I teamed with you.

SKidd

Smash Master
downsmash

then downsmash again

also pull stitchfaces/bob-ombs

michael_li

Smash Ace

Your pretty good at BSing half ass comments

For a 16yr old, that was the most mature response i've seen on an internet forum in my entire life. I hate to say it Mike, as lame as I think wobbling is, Dawson is making a good point... and he's not even being a **** about it.

Falco vs IC's is tough. Maybe consider working on your fox or picking up peach or something. They have a much easier time against IC's. Or you could just make ur falcon as **** as mine and beat them that way. =P

AAAAAANYWAYS,

Things that happened at this tournament that were noteworthy for me...

mike beating yakal in pools, mad j beating evan in brackets, me getting to fight in winners finals with eric, 10 new players all very friendly and some EXCEPTIONALLY skilled with hot azn girlfriends. Dawson and captain L placing as high as they did. MYLERS FOX!.

Thanks to everyone who came out, especially all the new players. Hope to see you all at the next tournament. <3
U had it 2 ez.

Ggs fun tourny overall win or lose. Ill just **** harder next time :)
i wanna thank all the new players for coming, without you guys this tourny wouldn't have been such a fun and successful tourny :) i do hope most of yall come to our next tourny. i hope evan is cares about the community enough to give you guys half price off, because 10$ for just starting out is ridiculous....

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

get bodied

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
is that always how you respond to such posts? seems like someone's insecure lol. i don't play melee anymore, though, sorry.

SKidd

Smash Master
mike offline is dr. jekyll

online he goes balls deep as mr. hyde

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
I know it's kinda late, but shoutouts time.

Yakal- Good job at getting 2nd, and beating me 2-0 and 3-0 in bracket and the mm respectively.

Adam- That banana slamma. I'll get even with it one of these days. =D And getting 3rd was legit.

Big D- Good stuff ****** me in pm. Always fun to play with you. Btw, Yuno is one of my favorite anime characters. =D

Blunted_Object10- Congrats on your tourney wins in both melee and pm. I'll do some hardcore practicing so that maybe I can take 2 stocks off you next time.

Mike- Good job beating Yakal in a rather hype set. And I had fun in our mm. GGs.

Captain L- You've gotten a lot better! I'm definitely going to have to step it up next time.

Skidd- I felt like both games in our set could have either way. Hope to play some more with you next time.

Meep- Omg, that was a good set. It definitely could have either way. You even beat my Falco on my best stage rofl.

Meta- Thank you for all the work you put into making every tournament enjoyable. Didn't get to play you this time though, unfortunately.

Violence- GGs. Your Samus is always legit. I don't think I've taken a single game off of it to this day.

Gabriel- You were a good teammate in doubles. Good job wrecking me in tourney too.

Top Bottom