• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Do you think we can remove the water in Jungle Japes ?
Maybe too difficult :/

`DNS`

Smash Lord
jungle japes and rainbow cruise are pretty good :<

also changing the selection screen shouldn't change it in adventure mode.. i'd imagine the portraits are just "hyperlinks" to the stages, since they're stored in other files

Milun

Smash Ace
jungle japes and rainbow cruise are pretty good :<

also changing the selection screen shouldn't change it in adventure mode.. i'd imagine the portraits are just "hyperlinks" to the stages, since they're stored in other files
Yep. And about the water in Jungle Japes... I'm pretty sure the best I could achieve is just making it not send you to the left upon contact, however I'll still be there. But I'll get to that when I get to that.

Milun

Smash Ace
...I guess, depends on what it's texture is. And if you made it transparent, what would happen to the Clap-traps.... oh I see what you're getting at.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
well i made the 'darkness marth' texture.. gotta fix a bit of it though :)

edit: the offsets/placements file in the black marth pack seems a bit off..

60EyeHalf-L - 00065f20 *
61EyeClose-L - 00069f20 *

when i paste 260 and under from 60.tpl it ends up at 69f20.. leaving me no room to paste the palette :(

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

i finished with this blue peach texture, but something messed up with her back and crown, anyone no why those random colours appeared?

edit: lol i should have just kept the blue crown....

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Is it a pallete texture?

I think random colors only appear if the pallette is corrupt.

Anyway, I will make a post with all the hps.txt when I am done with them all.

Milun

Smash Ace
Cool Marth texture, but what's up with FD?

On a side note, to those who want to try stage hacking, my MK1 guide is up: http://meleeconverter.bravehost.com/infroKingdom.htm

Oh, and I figured out a sure fire way to find the offset of the magnifier colours: just copy paste all the hex into Ms word, then Ctrl-F this: FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF

...it's the symbol for wild. Anyway, assuming it finds the hex in the first half, and there are no more 'FF's' with that pattern afterwards, then you have your magnifier (If your still confused, check the guide). I was really hoping the stages lighting would follow straight after, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh, and for some reason, you can't find the magnifier this way in 'Past stages'.

`DNS`

Smash Lord

On a side note, to those who want to try stage hacking, my MK1 guide is up: http://meleeconverter.bravehost.com/infroKingdom.htm

Oh, and I figured out a sure fire way to find the offset of the magnifier colours: just copy paste all the hex into Ms word, then Ctrl-F this: FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF ^?^? ^?^? ^?^? FF

...it's the symbol for wild. Anyway, assuming it finds the hex in the first half, and there are no more 'FF's' with that pattern afterwards, then you have your magnifier (If your still confused, check the guide). I was really hoping the stages lighting would follow straight after, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh, and for some reason, you can't find the magnifier this way in 'Past stages'.
my graphics card sux and it doesn't show the floors of stages or platforms

Milun

Smash Ace
Makes sense.

Oh, and you can disregard my previous statement that I couldn't find the 'stage lighting', because with a bit of tampering I did the opposite: Instead of changing how the light affects characters, I made purple Venom...

Milun

Smash Ace
Nothing, I just moved the vertices in the vicinity of her eye forwards by 10pts, to check if they would accurately be converted in the game, and they were.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Shoot, I forgot to check up on your guide from the previous post. I'll be sure to take a looksee at it now.
Also, for the Past Stages, I'm not surprised at all that they'd be different. Those WERE the "ported" stages, after all.

EDIT: On your guide, you mention changing "Green 01s" and other such, but... I've either gone color deficient, but I don't see any "Green 01s" or "blue [highlighted] hex" and such.

Makes sense.

Oh, and you can disregard my previous statement that I couldn't find the 'stage lighting', because with a bit of tampering I did the opposite: Instead of changing how the light affects characters, I made purple Venom...

[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd so hard at Lab Test Jiggs. :laugh:
Really neat find about that stage lighting on Venom. A purple Great Fox... doesn't look half-bad, actually.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Ahhh, I was just going to put the CSPs of the textures you made into my .usd/.iso but i got halfway through creating TCS files when i realized that the placements.txt isn't provided in this :(

I guess I could just paste the .tga files into the numbered folders from the pack of all unedited CSPs on page 4... but it's late now :tired:

Milun

Smash Ace
Hey S., can I please have that list of stage names for .dat's? I want to write a complete offset guide for stage lighting, but I don't know what half of them are.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ahhh, I was just going to put the CSPs of the textures you made into my .usd/.iso but i got halfway through creating TCS files when i realized that the placements.txt isn't provided in this :(

I guess I could just paste the .tga files into the numbered folders from the pack of all unedited CSPs on page 4... but it's late now :tired:
Eheh, sorry about that; I didn't supply any specific numbers with the textures because I wasn't sure what costume people had placed for each CSP. There're some people who've probably figured out they can copy-paste ones like Ganon with a little hexing magic, and it was more to benefit them. :p

Hey S., can I please have that list of stage names for .dat's? I want to write a complete offset guide for stage lighting, but I don't know what half of them are.
Not a problem. My trick is, to check the VERY end of their .DAT/.USD files, and see what their textures are named. Normally they're fairly obvious, like Onett having textures with the word "Onett" in them.
And again, the "GrXX" can give it away as well, with XX being the abbreviation of the stage. And in those cases, I would highly recommending checking the names for those stages in Debug Mode in Melee; things like Yoshi's Island are "GrYt" and Fountain of Dreams is "GrIz", with Yt standing for "Yorster" and Fountain of Dreams standing for "Izumi", as they are named in Debug Mode.

Here's the list I've got so far:

Code:
GrBB = Big Blue

GrCn = Corneria

GrCs = Princess Peach's Castle

GrEF1 = Figure?1
GrEF2 = Figure?2
GrEF3 = Figure?3

GrFs = Fourside

GrFz = Flat Zone

GrGb = Great Bay (Termina)

GrGd = Garden (Kongo Jungle)

GrGr = Green Greens

GrHe = Heal (All-Star)

GrHr = Homerun Contest

GrI1 = Mushroom Kingdom

GrI2 = Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)

GrIm = Icicle Mountain

GrIz = Izumi (Fountain of Dreams)

GrKg = Jungle Japes

GrKr = Kraid (Brinstar Depths)

GrMc = Mute City

GrNBa = Battlefield
GrNBr = F-Zero adventure mode stage
GrNFg = Figure Get (Falling trophy stage)
GrNKr = Mushroom Kingdom adventure mode stage
GrNLa = Final Destination
GrNPo = Pushon?
GrNSr = Hyrule Castle chasm (adv. mode stage)
GrNZr = Zebes (Brinstar); "DANGER"?

GrOk = Kongo Jungle (N64)

GrOp = Dream Land (N64)

GrOt = Onett

GrOy = Yoshi's Story (N64)

GrPs = Pokemon Stadium
GrPs1 = Pokemon Stadium {Fire}?
GrPs2 = Pokemon Stadium {Grass}?
GrPs3 = Pokemon Stadium {Water}?
GrPs4 = Pokemon Stadium {Rock}?

GrPu = Pura (Poke Floats)

GrRc = Rainbow Cruise

GrSh = Hyrule Temple

GrSt = Yoshi's Story

GrTCa = Captain Falcon Target Test (TT)
GrTCl = Young Link TT
GrTDk = Donkey Kong TT
GrTDr = Dr. Mario TT

GrTe = "TEST"

GrTFc = Falco TT
GrTFe = Roy TT
GrTFx = Fox TT
GrTGn = Ganondorf TT
GrTGw = Mr. Game & Watch TT
GrTIc = Ice Climbers TT
GrTKb = Kirby TT
GrTKp = Bowser TT
GrTLg = Luigi TT
GrTLk = Link TT
GrTMr = Mario TT
GrTMs = Marth TT
GrTMt = MewtWo TT
GrTNs = Ness TT
GrTPc = Pichu TT
GrTPe = Peach TT
GrTPk = Pikachu TT
GrTPr = Jigglypuff TT
GrTSk = Sheik TT (scrapped)
GrTSs = Samus TT
GrTYs = Yoshi TT
GrTZd = Zelda TT

GrVe = Venom

GrZe = Brinstar (Planet Zebes)
EDIT: Whole list down. :)

Milun

Smash Ace
Wow thanks! There is a bit of a problem I should mention: Half the stages have a different lighting scheme to the rest, so on the lighting guide, half will only say where the offsets for the stage lights are, and half will say where the character light is.

I'll have to do a bit more work to figure this one out (I really wanted to take your 'Sector Z' hack and give the characters and ship a darker reflection, with a small hint of orange, but for now, I can only make the ship change its light).

Edit: Darkness!!!

Apparently some stages have light so intense, that you can have darkness fights. Now let's see is Flatzone is one of those stages...

Edit (2): And it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HDD9YIY

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Huh, I don't recall that intensity of lighting used before... unless it was used for the Dark Link event match. Really neat.

Hum... Steelia, I've a question. I dumped the "GO!" file (.tga) but I don't know which of all the .dat files corresponds. How do you know that ?
(I don't know if I'm understandable...)
Well, you'll be happy to know I figured out where the "READY" and "GO!" files are located, Zyx! They're located in the .DAT and .USD file named "IfAll".

Code:
Colored bar - 0005cce0 (32)

READY - 0005d3a0 (30)

GO! - 00064940 (32 lines)
I haven't found "GAME", 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 yet because I haven't ripped 'em... but when I do, I'll be sure to share their placements and textures as well. :)

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Is it possible to convert a bunch of .tcs to .tpl with one batch file or program? (Haven't had a lot of time to devote to csp hacking, so I'm still doing that. :p)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Aye, that there is, it's called "TexConv.bat"; I supply it with all my texture releases. Or at least, I should.
If the .bat file doesn't convert all your TCS, then just right-click on it, "Edit" it in Notepad, and add on the proper .tcs numbers for it to convert. :)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
^ Huh, I don't recall that intensity of lighting used before... unless it was used for the Dark Link event match. Really neat.

Well, you'll be happy to know I figured out where the "READY" and "GO!" files are located, Zyx! They're located in the .DAT and .USD file named "IfAll".

Code:
Colored bar - 0005cce0 (32)

READY - 0005d3a0 (30)

GO! - 00064940 (32 lines)
I haven't found "GAME", 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 yet because I haven't ripped 'em... but when I do, I'll be sure to share their placements and textures as well. :)
Awesome !! Thank you very much ;)

Kal

Smash Champion
Dolphin doesn't run on my machine. Are the textures available for download somewhere?

Steelia

Smash Champion
@Milun: I notice you have Fourside on there... so... does that mean it's possible to finally light up the whole stage? It's a rather dark stage, so fighting on it can be somewhat tedious.

Milun

Smash Ace
...I suppose. I'm not entirely finished with Fourside because I've only found character light.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Two things:

1. Any idea when the next update will be? the title says the last was 11/24/09

2. Since most stages have two songs, is it possible to hack both of them and have the alternate one selectable with holding L or R?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Two things:

1. Any idea when the next update will be? the title says the last was 11/24/09

2. Since most stages have two songs, is it possible to hack both of them and have the alternate one selectable with holding L or R?
1.) There're always "updates" to be find in these latter posts (specifically those dealing with Milun's stage hacking findings). Just that thread creator GodFed has disappeared somewhere...

2.) Of course. All songs can be hacked; it's just a matter of what to put on the songs (and if hacked songs can fit within the specified song time limit). :)

Top Bottom