• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, could you beta test/give feedback on this? I know there are some obvious issues with it currently, such as the bad spawns and the floating lights, but the main feel is there.
This stage is awesome.

One thing I noticed is that when I'm hanging on the ledge with CF, if I press away he walljumps instead of just falling.

not gOsu

Smash Rookie
not sure if this is the right thread;
I haven't posted on smashboards in so long(been years since my last post), I finally loaded homebrew on my wii and successfully set up melee

problem is, i dont have a memory card atm, so when smash loads none of the characters/stages are unlocked

does anyone have an iso with everything unlocked already (is this even possible?)
if so, PLEASE message or link me. It would be MUCH appreciated. Huge respect for everyone who has worked hard to hack melee. You guys are too smart for me.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Magus, regarding the animation speed changes many B moves have special graphic effects associated with that particular move. For example on DK's fully charged Giant Punch, the graphic effect of the punch swing comes out frame 18, regardless of whether I speed up or slow the animation down. Do you have an idea of how to modify these graphic effects? (Timing and whatnot)

phish-it

Smash Champion
This is exactly what MH is useful for. Just change the timers to match the new animation and you should be set.

http://i.imgur.com/p2EqR.png
It's not a standard graphic effect that is displayed in Masterhand. You could wipe out the hitbox data for SpecialN and the 'punch' graphic will still be there. Alot of special moves have hidden graphic effects like this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure these graphic effects are controlled by main.dol, so fsm doesn't affect them

fsm also doesn't affect gnw's special aerials' (n/b/uair) animation

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
not sure if this is the right thread;
I haven't posted on smashboards in so long(been years since my last post), I finally loaded homebrew on my wii and successfully set up melee

problem is, i dont have a memory card atm, so when smash loads none of the characters/stages are unlocked

does anyone have an iso with everything unlocked already (is this even possible?)
if so, PLEASE message or link me. It would be MUCH appreciated. Huge respect for everyone who has worked hard to hack melee. You guys are too smart for me.
you can edit in the unlock codes for characters and stages

magus also had codes to have things at tournament rules, i think..

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Hey, does anybody have any idea how to change the possible inputs for a character, creating more actions? For instance, not all characters have tilted sidesmashes or repeated jabs.

You can edit the pointer table where such an action would be, but there's still no way to call upon that action.

tldr doing this↓ obviously doesn't work, how can/should i continue?

you can edit in the unlock codes for characters and stages

magus also had codes to have things at tournament rules, i think..
iirc i tried integrating the commonly used unlock codes but it kept freezing dolphin, never bothered to burn a disc to try it out on the wii.

default settings DIY can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326347

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Editing the pointer table to have entries there for tilts doesn't make the game use that for tilted smashes? I know that in brawl, the tilted smash subactions just point to the untilted subaction data.

matoooya

Smash Rookie
Hello.

Character select menu -Brawl-

http://www.mediafire.com/?vnrt6l9ad7c434z

Code:
MnSlChr.usd
000948	80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF	Background
348E88	07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94	Bottom frame
348F48	07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3	Rule
349008	07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94	Top frame
Samples

UnderTheAir

Smash Rookie
I just hacked the menu song for melee and for some reason, the audio volume seems to get lower at some random points, when this happens it also seems like the audio is muffled. The hps sounds fine when I test it as a WAV, but when I insert it into the iso and play it in dolphin the problem occurs. Anyone know why this is happening?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I've got GC-rebuilder and i'm trying to break or extend w/e the music files, i already rebuild the game, but when i go in it doesn't let me import the file, it says it's still too large, help?
I am sure you need tor rebuild it each time.

If you have a Wii use Dios Mios instead, because its really easy to install hacks (Drag and Drop the files only)

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I am sure you need tor rebuild it each time.

If you have a Wii use Dios Mios instead, because its really easy to install hacks (Drag and Drop the files only)
I'm not trying that (thankyou though :)) i downloaded steelia's music hack thing (the one that says Hps extended, zEXT.hps, zBASE.hps, etc.) so when i already rebuilt it(?) i wanna change it to those files but it says it's still too large. I just wanna have songs more than 1 minute, and since the prehacked iso with 14 min. files is no longer available:c

UnderTheAir

Smash Rookie
I'm not trying that (thankyou though :)) i downloaded steelia's music hack thing (the one that says Hps extended, zEXT.hps, zBASE.hps, etc.) so when i already rebuilt it(?) i wanna change it to those files but it says it's still too large. I just wanna have songs more than 1 minute, and since the prehacked iso with 14 min. files is no longer available:c
I know the megaupload links all went down, but someone must have had the iso backed up somewhere. Ive been looking for it for awhile but noone seems to have it. =[

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hello.

Code:
MnSlChr.usd
Samples
Is there a chance I could get the blue ones from you? Those look really good!
My only qualm is that the stock selection shouldn't be completely white, because it's difficult to read the text up top. Or I guess if there's a way to change the text to black that would be fine too.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Hello.

Code:
MnSlChr.usd
Samples
I've been trying to set both, the top and bottom frames to black, and other colors, but it always ends up with lighter color, i'm pretty sure it's because of the white backround, so is thier a way to make the two frames oppaque or something?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
anybody else getting an "error cannot open file" message when you try to replace the mnslchar.usd file?

EDIT: nvm...looks like gc-tool cant read filepaths with an underscore in it.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone figured out what causes that one second pause when .hps file loops itself.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
is this the right place to look for a hacked melee textures and music iso? i really want different music and cooler stages and costumes. I know i"ve seen it before, but i thought maybe this thread is for project melee

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Ok, two questions. What are the different file sizes for the different melee version dols (so that I can tell which version I downloaded)? Also, I downloaded thpplay1.5 to view texture hacks so I don't have to test in dolphin every time, but how do I use it?

Edit: Can I not actually download the textures from this (http://illusorylabyrinth.wordpress.com/) site?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Theftz,
On that site, click on the right hand side under "downloadables"
And I may be wrong (as I ive never really used it), but I thought thpplay was only to watch certain video files or something. Like the opening scene for example

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Edit: How do you make your textures viewable from the select screen
Through a lot of work. lol.
You don't make the texture visable. You change the image that corresponds to that texture. So in MnSlChr.usd (Menu select character? This is where you find all the textures that you see when you're at the character select screen[i think]) there are about 120 different "pictures" in that file, one for every character texture (black marth, black boswer, red marth, etc) If you want to change them all you have to individually change each of these 120 pictures.

If you don't know how to do CMPR texture hacks I wouldn't even try doing this. If you're really eager to change your character portraits, then learn how to do CMPR texture hacks: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11921896&postcount=3198 and then follow the directions below.

If you have done CMPR texture hacks, then this is what you need to do. You need to download MnSlChr here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bzsfej2b43ffb This will contain MnSChr.usd and all it's textures (including the character portraits) To edit them and put them in your MnSlChr.usd file, follow these directions http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8274151&postcount=30

Hope this makes sense. lol. I can do these things but I'm no pro so i might not be the best at explaining things. Good luck.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Hmm, more q's.

Magus said "they are all different sizes", but it looks here like 1.0 and 1.2 are the same size. Unless TOC-size is not the same as the dol file size. What's up with that?

Also, my date says 2001/11/14, but I know mine isn't 1.2 (I super-jumped with link in dolphin).

Know anything about 1.1?

I feel like there should definitely be an easier way of figuring this out.

AGLET

Smash Cadet
If I add a texture with a file size smaller than my original, is there any way I can add another texture over it that is the same size as the original? It looks like I added a corrupted texture and now I can't delete/replace it

Top Bottom