• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Steelia

Smash Champion
WOW, haha, that is just crazy neat. I can only imagine how that would work. :laugh:

Don't mean to be getting ahead of this, but, seeing how you flipped the lift in the shot... would it be possible to relocate the two lifts, so that P1 and P4(?) land safely, and don't fall to their deaths? An alternate as to... well... falling. :p

Milun

Smash Ace
That's what I'm trying to do. I just figured out how to change the block respawn time to infinite, and make it so the lifts last longer (a.k.a, they go lower without falling off), so if I figure out how to move one or the other, I'll definetely do that. Oh, and I lifted my sword into the air, and shouted: "BY THE POWER OF GREEN"

Yeah, I figured out how to change lighting. Darkness!

Steelia

Smash Champion
HECK yes, Milun; Finally, something to be done about that plastic-y lighting effect! You are of god tier status!! :chuckle:

@brawlshifter: Right here, page 4, post 51; CTRL+F it, or just look near the bottom of the post. Can't miss it. ;)

`DNS`

Smash Lord
That's what I'm trying to do. I just figured out how to change the block respawn time to infinite, and make it so the lifts last longer (a.k.a, they go lower without falling off), so if I figure out how to move one or the other, I'll definetely do that. Oh, and I lifted my sword into the air, and shouted: "BY THE POWER OF GREEN"

Yeah, I figured out how to change lighting. Darkness!

wtf man <333

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****.
EPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Looking at the Yoshi and Ylink made me go O_O irl.
So that's a sign of amazing-ness!!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks for the mini-lighting guide, Milun. Imma gonna have some fun looking for a few of those coordinates myself, then; I'll probably post here if I'm successful with any. FoD's lighting is beast.
I also feel confident that we're one step closer to figuring out the mystery of Mr. Game 'n' Watch, and his "MDL0"-colored buddies. Gives me a little something as to what to look for, anyway.

@Keatsta: I'm afraid not. ):

EDIT: Short walk over at Brawl side of things; while I highly doubt this would be useful at all, how Mr. Game & Watch's colorings work in the game:

CLR0, placed in the .PAC files for Brawl, are located about midway through the file, just above all those euro-like signs (the € ones).
Again, just throwing that out there.
A post in relation to it.

Just for future reference, so I don't keep losing the thing!

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, here's an Alpha for my hacked stage. I still haven't figured out how to move those darn blocks, so I enabled them in this. Once they're destroyed though, they won't re-appear. The lift also gos a bit lower (and looks a bit stupid on the reverse side), but makes for a way to help a recovering ally.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CR9Z7WOA

Just report any glitches you may find. Also, get ready to jump when you start.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, good news with the stage, Milun, was able to use it in battle and things are just peachy. Even characters like Falco can make it back to the stage with ease, so it's not a problem. (The whole trophy stand-intros shave off a good 2 seconds, so you have plenty of time to recover; it's only in Debug mode where you don't have that stall to break your fall in time.)

The ONLY thing I noticed was... the "?" blocks, whenever you have items on. Under normal circumstances, hitting a normal block gets rid of it for the rest of the match (so I've seen)... but "?" blocks reset after a certain period of time, and they look rather... glitchy. Nothing bad, they just look like a "?" block and a normal block are trying to fuse together, almost like it was hexed wrong or something. Maybe something you can look into, but other than that a Great stage to battle on. I love watching the computers fall off to the invisible edges. XD

Milun

Smash Ace
I see what you mean. Well, considering that I had no intentions of keeping the blocks in the stage anyway, I don't think that's gonna be much of a problem. But I guess, until further notice, it's not a good idea to change the block respawn time. Oh, and I found out how to change the lifts sensitivity, and a little more progress on the lighting:

I found a separate set of hex to remove the shadows and reflection, and it would explain why you think there's so much reflection, as when I got there it was maxed out.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
EDIT: Short walk over at Brawl side of things; while I highly doubt this would be useful at all, how Mr. Game & Watch's colorings work in the game:

CLR0, placed in the .PAC files for Brawl, are located about midway through the file, just above all those euro-like signs (the € ones).
Again, just throwing that out there.
A post in relation to it.

Just for future reference, so I don't keep losing the thing!
I don't know if this matters to you, but now there is a much easier way to edit those files in Brawl.

defsithe

Smash Ace
does anyone one have the melee iso with textures already changed that is described in the second post? i pm'ed the guy like a week ago but no response. so if yall do pm me please?

Steelia

Smash Champion

Steelia

Smash Champion
Steelia, how you edited the Stage pictures of the stages selection screen???
Oh! Ah... here; page 4, post 51, the one with all the character textures. It's the veeeeeeeeeery last link on the post, the Stage Selection portrait textures. That's what I used. :)
(There ARE some incomplete placements, and I don't think you can use Milun's TCS_Creator on the first 20+, since those files are following the CSP naming format... only, thankfully, they're _8 files instead of _9.)

Steelia

Smash Champion
How come you guys never released the super mario rpg dreamland 64?

that stage is soo good.
Still need to make the background a little bit... darker. X:

You know the stage isn't finished yet... I hope to lower the lifts to their at ground level when in the neutral position, remove/move the blocks. Oh, and I figured out how to change the width of the stage.
O yes, I realize what you released was a W.I.P., but it's still a blast. Can't wait to see the final version, that's for sure. :chuckle:

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i'll be working on that happy-kraid tday :)
how's a big bright yellow body with bright pink eyes sound!?!?!
ooh and if he has those spikes on his body what color should they be?

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey Steelia, that link you posted has all the character textures? Is there a way to DL a chunk of character texture hacks, and stage texture hacks all at once? I also am searching for the way for me to change the music...I'm trying to read the first couple posts, but I am so confused as this is the first time I tried dabbling in Melee hacks.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Maybe S. could make a torrent file of all the texture files? I don't know, that's the only way I know of how to download all the stuff at once.

Oh, and does anyone have a collection of custom CSPs so I don't have to take snapshots and make them myselves?

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, I accidentally figured out how to change the camera, and to a lesser degree, the lower blast line.

This could actually be quite useful, and could help you find (what I call) 'Atlantis' of the stage (When I model hacked the stage, I moved all that wasn't needed below the blast line, and if you got past said blast line, and fell for 10 seconds, you'd find it's, decaying remains). Still no luck with the blocks though. If I have no more luck soon, I'll probably just move the entire stage, camera and everything else to be above them (but this I know isn't gonna work).

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I've a little question... How do you make transparency with "_5.tga" files ?!
Thank you ! ^^

EDIT : Also, the placement for the 06FENCE (DreamLand, GrOp.dat) is not in the placement.txt... :s

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hey Steelia, that link you posted has all the character textures? Is there a way to DL a chunk of character texture hacks, and stage texture hacks all at once? I also am searching for the way for me to change the music...I'm trying to read the first couple posts, but I am so confused as this is the first time I tried dabbling in Melee hacks.
Mm, I'm afraid not... The only way of doing that, is by going over to Stack Smash and downloading all the .RAR files where I release my textures.
As for replacing music, do you mean creating your own music, or simply replacing the music found in the ISO?

Maybe S. could make a torrent file of all the texture files? I don't know, that's the only way I know of how to download all the stuff at once.

Oh, and does anyone have a collection of custom CSPs so I don't have to take snapshots and make them myselves?
I'm afraid I've never been too into the whole torrents... Sorry. :(
But, for CSPs, I know I've got a truckload of them. If there are any specific ones, I certainly wouldn't mind supplying them... somehow. :p

Well, I accidentally figured out how to change the camera, and to a lesser degree, the lower blast line.

This could actually be quite useful, and could help you find (what I call) 'Atlantis' of the stage (When I model hacked the stage, I moved all that wasn't needed below the blast line, and if you got past said blast line, and fell for 10 seconds, you'd find it's, decaying remains). Still no luck with the blocks though. If I have no more luck soon, I'll probably just move the entire stage, camera and everything else to be above them (but this I know isn't gonna work).[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah, the blast line! Just in the nick of time, too. Awesome find, Milun; it's amazing how much is stored in just a single stage (good thing, too, rather than being shared with all).
I noticed that, with the "remains" of MKI being under the blast line (you can actually see some of it in that video I posted of the stage in action). I was wondering about that.

Ah, also, in regards to the stage... you wouldn't've happened to have stumbled across the 2D-3D effect for the stage, have you? I've heard (on the Brawl side of things) that stages can actually have it so that the stage can look entirely flat; it's a set located somewhere in the stage file. (In that case, Flat Zone could actually become a full-blown 3-D stage by tampering with that data... if I remember correctly.)

[quote="Zyx, post: 9353759"]I've a little question... How do you make transparency with "_5.tga" files ?!
Thank you ! ^^

EDIT : Also, the placement for the 06FENCE (DreamLand, GrOp.dat) is not in the placement.txt... :s[/QUOTE]

Oh, transparency in _5 files? Easy: If you're using Photoshop, nearer the bottom right-hand side, you should see a set of tabs called Layers and Channels. (If you see neither, you can activate them via
Upper toolbar -> Window -> Channels / Layers )
You want to go under the "Layers" tab. Doing so, you should see something called the "Alpha Layer".... Simply tamper with that, to mess with transparency. :)
(To make the object totally transparent, it either needs to be all white or all black... Depends on the circumstances of the texture.)

Ah, I'll be sure to look into the Fence... Must've left an older version of Placements in there... My bad. >_<

06 - 00013cc0 (2)

That's what I got. (It's right above 03, but below 31.)

Milun

Smash Ace
I noticed that, with the "remains" of MKI being under the blast line (you can actually see some of it in that video I posted of the stage in action). I was wondering about that.

Ah, also, in regards to the stage... you wouldn't've happened to have stumbled across the 2D-3D effect for the stage, have you? I've heard (on the Brawl side of things) that stages can actually have it so that the stage can look entirely flat; it's a set located somewhere in the stage file. (In that case, Flat Zone could actually become a full-blown 3-D stage by tampering with that data... if I remember correctly.)
Yes, I know about the remains. When i was model hacking, I wasn't sure whether I would want to return some of the pipes after hacking, so I moved everything I didn't want 100 pts down for future use. Don't worry, I can remove them.

Oh and about the 3D/2D effect... I'm afraid I've had nothing of the sort. I have found this though:

Just an extra little feature. It couldn't hurt to change the magnifier colour (also, there are several (8) places in the stage that it gradually changes colour to).

Gardevior

Smash Lord
But, for CSPs, I know I've got a truckload of them. If there are any specific ones, I certainly wouldn't mind supplying them... somehow. :p
All of them! Muwahahaha!
Seriously, all of them. I mean, I use all of the textures that have been released, except of course for the ones that overlap. I don't mind spending the effort making CSPs for the files that someone hasn't already made one for, but I don't have the kind of free time to make all of them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hoho, all right... I'll have to see what I've released on the site. I'll see if I can get up a package tomorrow (finally nearing the end of college work; that's what I get for putting it off for some simple texturing, **** priorities getting screwed @_@ ).

And @Milun, now that you've pretty much figured out MKI, were there any other stages you were planning on looking at? Or were you going to tinker with some more fighters, perhaps? :)

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, I'm determined not to leave this one until I get... those... piece of **** blocks working, but after that (If school doesn't get in my way) I plan to hack either MK2 or Poke floats. MK2 because I plan to do the same thing I did with MK1, and Poke floats because I wanna see if I can't change their animations.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Well, I'm determined not to leave this one until I get... those... piece of **** blocks working, but after that (If school doesn't get in my way) I plan to hack either MK2 or Poke floats. MK2 because I plan to do the same thing I did with MK1, and Poke floats because I wanna see if I can't change their animations.
Would it be possible to freeze the stage? I know they've done it for brawl, and playing a couple of games on Squirtle would be fun :laugh:

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
You guys need to focus on school work and then **** in Melee hacking! >:D

This is one of the things that worries me bringing something like this into a tourney. Like once modifying hitboxes and stuff happens. What if someone tries to slip that into a tourney match.
I mean I feel as though a texture-ized game should just be for friendlies or seriouslies.

I know you guys won't do it but there are some people who will win at any cost. D:

Edit: Anthony I loooooove your sig! It made me lol!

`DNS`

Smash Lord
You guys need to focus on school work and then **** in Melee hacking! >:D

This is one of the things that worries me bringing something like this into a tourney. Like once modifying hitboxes and stuff happens. What if someone tries to slip that into a tourney match.
I mean I feel as though a texture-ized game should just be for friendlies or seriouslies.

I know you guys won't do it but there are some people who will win at any cost. D:

Edit: Anthony I loooooove your sig! It made me lol!
lol at ganon's pawnch hitting ABOVE battlefield plat

Top Bottom