• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to ask again, but you seem to be posting in this thread again =).

Press D-pad left/right to choose what to pull with Peach. Or whatever solution is easier to implement.
I'd like to pull turnips, bombs and swords at will for a few BtT TAS runs.
I thought I already saw one of your runs where you pulled a bunch of bombs and then a sword at the end?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I thought I already saw one of your runs where you pulled a bunch of bombs and then a sword at the end?
Look closely and you may see the cuts and seams where the video was stitched together. I never actually had a bomb and a sword in the same run.
This also means I could never get all 10 targets. The fake "Complete" sign was only possible because the camera didn't move. Some other runs might not have that luxury, plus the editing I had to do will be more visible in HD.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
This might be a long shot, but an idea for the future nonetheless.

A code that displays the number of frames left before you break out of a grab. And have it be accurate to your button mashing (I believe each button and control stick input decreases the frames by some amount each time you press em).

Does this raw frame number number appear anywhere?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
A code that displays what buttons are being pressed on that frame.
Either as small icons, or just as text, or whatever is easiest.
Would be great for those advanced how-to-play tutorials, but could also be fun for TAS videos.

*Thinking out loud*
Maybe I should add button icons (manually) for my TAS videos. Good idea, thanks me. =)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Would be great for those advanced how-to-play tutorials, but could also be fun for TAS videos.

*Thinking out loud*
Maybe I should add button icons (manually) for my TAS videos. Good idea, thanks me. =)
This oh god please this

NNID
dansalvato
Nnnnnot gonna happen, haha. Pretty much everything left in this thread isn't something I could quickly "bang out" and so I don't know when I'll get around to it.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I want how to use "Infinite Shields" by editing .dol of v1.00.
Is there only a way to use AR-codes?

And I want to use "D-pad Down resets all damage" by edting .dol of v1.00.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
So I didn't see it in the OP but I have to assume this has been asked before; is it possible to play 1P with the use of the cstick? Training mode would be soooooo goooooood if you could use the cstick

:phone:

Kadano

Magical Express
That would be the best thing ever. I guess it would me most feasible by tweaking the debug mode character action display.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Can't anyone make a guide on how to convert codes to other versions?

Also a no cars on Onett code would be nice.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Yo people still want infinite shields? I found a way for that ages ago. (sorry Ive been out at sea for a while because I'm in the Navy so I don't get to use the internet as often to keep up w/ smashboards)

Uuugh, I don't feel like crackin out the lappy but those pics I posted with offsets for the Common file is where all the shield stuff is. You'll want to give Shields a billion HP or whatever, or just make it so they recharge at a super fast rate. Pretty simple. On a separate note, I posted a pic of where the offsets are for shield Data in the common file (this works for everyone but Yoshi) so you can just zero out the part where it calculates the change in shield or whatever else and it will get rid of shield Damage.

You can also do fun stuff like Make shields HUGE ... like it covers the whole screen in a color lol, you can make it to where shielding an attack KOs you from shield knockback being ridiculous, you can make it to where shields start small and get larger.

I actually have a request for you IE, do you know where the gravity for Ice freezing is? Because I'd like to make Roy go from a fire char to an ice char but Ice moves are crap since you float and spin instead of just falling.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Yo people still want infinite shields? I found a way for that ages ago. (sorry Ive been out at sea for a while because I'm in the Navy so I don't get to use the internet as often to keep up w/ smashboards)

Uuugh, I don't feel like crackin out the lappy but those pics I posted with offsets for the Common file is where all the shield stuff is. You'll want to give Shields a billion HP or whatever, or just make it so they recharge at a super fast rate. Pretty simple. On a separate note, I posted a pic of where the offsets are for shield Data in the common file (this works for everyone but Yoshi) so you can just zero out the part where it calculates the change in shield or whatever else and it will get rid of shield Damage.

You can also do fun stuff like Make shields HUGE ... like it covers the whole screen in a color lol, you can make it to where shielding an attack KOs you from shield knockback being ridiculous, you can make it to where shields start small and get larger.

I actually have a request for you IE, do you know where the gravity for Ice freezing is? Because I'd like to make Roy go from a fire char to an ice char but Ice moves are crap since you float and spin instead of just falling.
Yeah I want infinite shield.
you mean...

for example, I should change the number of "float SHIELD DEPLETIONRATE" to 0 and "float SHIELD REGENERATION RATE" to 100?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
any plans to finish the d-pad turn hitboxes on/off code?

/ what is the state of it? why is it incomplete? perhaps i (or someone else) could take a crack at finishing it

NNID
dansalvato
New code! Boot directly to the Character Select screen:

041a45a0 3c000202
041a45a4 901e0000

v1.02 only. The code is also in the OP. I came up with this as a side-effect of a code I wrote for SSBMO. Enjoy!

By the way, as for hitbox toggling, I was having trouble locating the relevant memory addresses and ASM routines last time I looked at it. I'll hopefully return to it at some point.

NNID
dansalvato
New code! When a match ends (on GAME!), hold L + R to restart the match on the same stage. Salty runbacks!

C21A4160 00000008
39C00000 3DE08046
61EFB108 820F0000
56110253 41820010
56110295 41820008
38000002 39CE0001
2C0E0004 4080000C
39EF0008 4BFFFFD8
981F0003 00000000

This code is v1.02 only and GECKO ONLY. People probably use Gecko more than Action Replay, so I didn't take the time to (tediously) convert it to AR format. However, if there is demand for this, I will do it.

Also, I didn't spend much time testing this code so please tell me if something doesn't work properly.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
New code! When a match ends (on GAME!), hold L + R to restart the match on the same stage. Salty runbacks!

C21A4160 00000008
39C00000 3DE08046
61EFB108 820F0000
56110253 41820010
56110295 41820008
38000002 39CE0001
2C0E0004 4080000C
39EF0008 4BFFFFD8
981F0003 00000000

This code is v1.02 only and GECKO ONLY. People probably use Gecko more than Action Replay, so I didn't take the time to (tediously) convert it to AR format. However, if there is demand for this, I will do it.

Also, I didn't spend much time testing this code so please tell me if something doesn't work properly.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
New code! Boot directly to the Character Select screen:

041a45a0 3c000202
041a45a4 901e0000

v1.02 only. The code is also in the OP. I came up with this as a side-effect of a code I wrote for SSBMO. Enjoy!

By the way, as for hitbox toggling, I was having trouble locating the relevant memory addresses and ASM routines last time I looked at it. I'll hopefully return to it at some point.
Awesome code!!
But when I use this code, I can't see and select unlocked characters.

NNID
dansalvato
Awesome code!!
But when I use this code, I can't see and select unlocked characters.

I see. I couldn't test that myself, but I was afraid of that. It happens because the "load memory card" menu is skipped. I can probably fix that, but it will take some work.

ShockSlayer

Smash Cadet
I could really use some help finding the offsets for IE's Widescreen code for the 1.02 start.dol. Spent the last couple hours trying to figure it out myself, tried replacing 3f9bd194(found w/dolphin) at offset 3b9b98 with 3fcfc217 and no luck, or rather, it unsquished everything but didn't zoom out...I probably should just make some comparison pics. I'll have to redo everything though, if you can help and those would be of use just let me know.

I also tried standardtoaster's 1.00 port of the widescreen code since it had the offsets, strangely enough it doesn't seem to yield the same results as IE's code, and more like dolphin's stock "widescreen hack." To be honest version doesn't matter to me, I'll take what I can get at this point because for the most part practically everything is interchangeable.

Any help would be appreciated!

SS

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
Something that Jesse and I were looking for was Debug Mode where stale moves are still activated. It's the only thing that's different from a real match, and it doesn't really make sense for it to be deactivated. It would greatly help our smash researching efforts.

Top Bottom