• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
Every music is replaced by Dreamland 64 (1.02/Gecko)
C238B6DC 00000002
3B400066 934DC0C4
60000000 00000000

I don´t know what I was thinking.........
Was looking for memory with the bgm-id stored and one thing lead to another..........

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Is it possible to make a code that selects a random CPU level in VS mode (ideally from a range you can set in the code, but any range would be nice)?

AprilShaw

aka Logan
If it's possible to select it without the user seeing the level, it'd be nice. I already have an idea of how each of the levels DIs, so it'd be nice to be able to do like 1 or 2 stock games against CPUs without having any clue what level they are. I might look into writing the code myself after this semester's over.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I rewrote my D-Pad Up (Any Player) Force Loads Stage Select Screen into ASM code. This means it can now be made into a DOL modification.

Code:
(1.02) [Achilles]
C2376C14 00000009
3E40804D 8AB26CF2
2C15000A 40820034
3E608046 6273B0FD
3A200000 3A310001
8E93000C 2C140008
41820010 2C110004
41A0FFEC 4800000C
3A100001 9A126CF6
887F0000 00000000

Notes are attached.
Let me know if you experience any problems with this, as I've only done some basic testing with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I have a question about the 16:9 cheat. Doesn't that alter some of the gameplay?

Also is it always enabled? Do I need to set my TV to widescreen after?

If all I have on me is my ISO (yes I have the game somewhere) how do I know which version I'm on?

playa one

Smash Rookie
so we can't load the codes through Gecko? I can't seem to get the dios mios loader to work. I'm running the game through the disk drive which might be the problem?

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Do i have to be in a special dblevel for some of these codes to work. None of the ones you activate through the d pad are working for me

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Also I just did some process of elimination and it seems as though any code that I have to toggle doesn't work but all other codes work fine. Is there something different from the codes that toggle than the codes that don't?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a question about the 16:9 cheat. Doesn't that alter some of the gameplay?

Also is it always enabled? Do I need to set my TV to widescreen after?

If all I have on me is my ISO (yes I have the game somewhere) how do I know which version I'm on?
I did not write the code (nor have tried it myself) but if you apply the code, it will be enabled throughout the entire time you are playing and it should only affect things visually and not modify actual gameplay (aside from maybe suffering damage when you are outside of the ingame camera).

Download InternetExplorer's Melee Toolkit and run the program and point it to your ISO file. It will display what version the game is.

so we can't load the codes through Gecko? I can't seem to get the dios mios loader to work. I'm running the game through the disk drive which might be the problem?
I've never been able to get cheats properly applied when booting with a disc (using Gecko OS or Dios-Mios-Booter). I would look into booting an ISO off an SD card using Dios-Mios-Booter or CFG Loader.

Do i have to be in a special dblevel for some of these codes to work. None of the ones you activate through the d pad are working for me
See above message. Are you booting through Gecko OS? I've never gotten that to work with D-Pad codes that aren't ASM (e.g. mine from the 20XX Training thread)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Also I just did some process of elimination and it seems as though any code that I have to toggle doesn't work but all other codes work fine. Is there something different from the codes that toggle than the codes that don't?
Mine are just written in a different format that apparently is not compatible with Gecko OS. I'm actually working on converting some of them to ASM which, I believe, would then make them compatible.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I did not write the code (nor have tried it myself) but if you apply the code, it will be enabled throughout the entire time you are playing and it should only affect things visually and not modify actual gameplay (aside from maybe suffering damage when you are outside of the ingame camera).

Download InternetExplorer's Melee Toolkit and run the program and point it to your ISO file. It will display what version the game is.

I've never been able to get cheats properly applied when booting with a disc (using Gecko OS or Dios-Mios-Booter). I would look into booting an ISO off an SD card using Dios-Mios-Booter or CFG Loader.

See above message. Are you booting through Gecko OS? I've never gotten that to work with D-Pad codes that aren't ASM (e.g. mine from the 20XX Training thread)
Thanks man. Kind of a bummer some of the codes aren't available for 1.00

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Playing around with widescreen, some of the menus and stuff are kinda screwy but it's nice.

Last edited:

fwb

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to use the input delay tester code, but the screen freezes after the opening press start screen (music still playing).

My iso is 1.0.2 and I'm using the gecko 1.0.2 code.

I can use the death on roll code and flash on L-cancel just fine. Help!

Last edited:

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Mine are just written in a different format that apparently is not compatible with Gecko OS. I'm actually working on converting some of them to ASM which, I believe, would then make them compatible.
That would be awesome, I'll also try booting it up using a sd card rather than a disk too. Thanks

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm trying to use the input delay tester code, but the screen freezes after the opening press start screen (music still playing).

My iso is 1.0.2 and I'm using the gecko 1.0.2 code.

I can use the death on roll code and flash on L-cancel just fine. Help!
I've never used the input delay tester but other people have mentioned it freezes the game.

fwb

Smash Cadet
How hard would it be to fix the input lag tester? I really want to test my Wii + LCD setups...using dolphin on my computer with an adapter kind of invalidates it :)

edit: this would also be really good for the community, since there has been effort towards switching to lag-free LCDs recently, and confirmation bias is strong.
see post http://smashboards.com/threads/mr-wizard-tests-lcd-setup-for-evo.352620/#post-16622148 and comments

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
New Code:

Peach Break the Targets Turnip Pull Strategies
  • Peach will pull turnip/bomb/beam sword based on how many targets are left
  • 3 different strategies available
    • Strategy 1) Beam Sword with 6 targets left
    • Strategy 2) Bomb with 6 targets left, Beam Sword with 4 targets left
    • Strategy 3) Bomb with 6 or more targets left, Beam Sword with 4 targets left
  • Peach will flash a color when pulling a coded turnip
    • The color she flashes is based on the last action that was done that caused a color tint on her (ex. parasol fastfall)

Go practice those world record runs!

Code is on the first page!

Last edited:

Exasm

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if I can change/read Dolphin memory addresses outside of Dolphin? I'm trying to write some scripts without using Gecko/AR codes.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Does anyone know if I can change/read Dolphin memory addresses outside of Dolphin? I'm trying to write some scripts without using Gecko/AR codes.
The only other way that I know of (aside from using a USB Gecko) is using the Global Data Edit in the debug menu...but this is surely no help with scripts

NNID
dansalvato
The only way would be to modify Dolphin's source to make it accessible from another process. Sadly there's no built-in functionality for it.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I rewrote my D-Pad Up (Any Player) Force Loads Stage Select Screen into ASM code. This means it can now be made into a DOL modification.

Code:
(1.02) [Achilles]
C2376C14 00000009
3E40804D 8AB26CF2
2C15000A 40820034
3E608046 6273B0FD
3A200000 3A310001
8E93000C 2C140008
41820010 2C110004
41A0FFEC 4800000C
3A100001 9A126CF6
887F0000 00000000

Notes are attached.
Let me know if you experience any problems with this, as I've only done some basic testing with it.
I love you. Thanks much for this!

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I have written about these codes before, but I inform again to prevent ssbm hackers who carries on dol mod from overlapping injection address.
These are the codes made by Ato, my friend.

http://atokigedesu.github.io/ssbm_cheat_code.html

Sorry in Japanese.
Both are all for v1.00, so I hope someone make these for v1.02 and PAL.

ネームタグリセット無効化
= Disable Reset of name tag (v1.00) [Ato]

When you set your tag, setting of your tag will be reset by changing player type (HUMAN -> CPU).
But this dol mod make this stuff disappear.
Even if you change player-type once, your tag won't reset. your tag will stay.

"@25D3F0 の方はプレイヤー→ CPU にしたときに名前タグのインデックス番号を消す処理を潰し、
@25D404 の方はプレイヤー→ CPU にしたときに名前タグの表示を消す処理を潰す"
mean
@25D3F0: disable handling which delete index number of name tag when you change "HUMAN" to "CPU"
@25D404: disable handling which delete display of name tag when you change "HUMAN" to "CPU"

ストックハンデ (Injection address is @1760)
= Stock handicap (v1.00) [Ato]

Before start the match, keep on pressing D-pad.
Up: minus 1 stock
Right: minus 2 stocks
Down: minus 3 stocks
Left: minus 4 stocks

I think this is very good not only for Crew Battle but also for playing ssbm with a player who is disproportion of skill.
Stronger player is also able to have matches with a sense of tension when you minus 3 stocks!!

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Every music is replaced by Dreamland 64 (1.02/Gecko)
C238B6DC 00000002
3B400066 934DC0C4
60000000 00000000

I don´t know what I was thinking.........
Was looking for memory with the bgm-id stored and one thing lead to another..........
This plus Rickroll over dreamland

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have written about these codes before, but I inform again to prevent ssbm hackers who carries on dol mod from overlapping injection address.
These are the codes made by Ato, my friend.

http://atokigedesu.github.io/ssbm_cheat_code.html

Sorry in Japanese.
Both are all for v1.00, so I hope someone make these for v1.02 and PAL.

ネームタグリセット無効化
= Disable Reset of name tag (v1.00) [Ato]

When you set your tag, setting of your tag will be reset by changing player type (HUMAN -> CPU).
But this dol mod make this stuff disappear.
Even if you change player-type once, your tag won't reset. your tag will stay.

"@25D3F0 の方はプレイヤー→ CPU にしたときに名前タグのインデックス番号を消す処理を潰し、
@25D404 の方はプレイヤー→ CPU にしたときに名前タグの表示を消す処理を潰す"
mean
@25D3F0: disable handling which delete index number of name tag when you change "HUMAN" to "CPU"
@25D404: disable handling which delete display of name tag when you change "HUMAN" to "CPU"
I'm really interested to try out the nametag codes. That is one of those annoying things that I have forgotten about.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
***New Code***

I dreamt of this the other night, and looked into it today with great success!

Costume Dependent Marth Sword Swing Colors
  • Color 1 of Marth's sword swing is changed on a per costume basis
    • Blue costume [default] = Default swing color (teal)
    • Red costume = Red swing color
    • Green costume = Green swing color
    • White costume = Light purple swing color
    • Black costume = Gold swing color
  • Code can be modified to change the colors to whatever you like

[gif of code in action]

See the original post for the code!

Doq

Smash Lord
***New Code***

I dreamt of this the other night, and looked into it today with great success!

Costume Dependent Marth Sword Swing Colors
  • Color 1 of Marth's sword swing is changed on a per costume basis
    • Blue costume [default] = Default swing color (teal)
    • Red costume = Red swing color
    • Green costume = Green swing color
    • White costume = Light purple swing color
    • Black costume = Gold swing color
  • Code can be modified to change the colors to whatever you like

[gif of code in action]

See the original post for the code!
Roy?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I saw this:

Is there some kind of comprehensive Melee cheat code list I'm not aware of? Possibly for version 1.00?

Ok wow, someone really fixed up the first post.

Last edited:

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone gotten the input delay tester code to work on a hacked Wii?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
If someone gave me the address for his sword swing color then I could technically do it...but I'm not going to do this on my own because Roy is not my boy.

When i try loading it why does it say "DVD Err(1062), Disc ID"?
Maybe something is wrong with you IOSs. idk...Oddly enough, I used to boot my hacked ISO off of a disc and then one day it totally stopped working and I was getting an error similar to yours (I think). I would just look into booting it off an SD card. It's much more convenient anyway.

Has anyone gotten the input delay tester code to work on a hacked Wii?
I, personally, have not tried it. Since I have been active here, it seems like no one has gotten it to work.

Top Bottom