• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee gatherings in Massachusetts? (Near Metrowest)

Corona

Smash Apprentice
There is probably a thread or two out there that answers this, but I would like a current answer so that I don't drive way out of my way to find out that the out-of-date thread is no longer valid. Are there any Melee hotspots in or near the metrowest area? I heard The Good Life Bar does Smash in Boston, is this true still?

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, will do. Thanks for responding. Are you competitive?
Anytime. I want to be competitive. I started playing smash 64 when I was a kid, then melee came out. I recently starting brawling seriously, learning ATs and the tier list. I want to try a tournament, but I'd definitely get knocked out early. I am competitive with friends and my little brother though... We'll have to play online sometime!

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely man. I have been to just a couple of tournaments myself, but I am definitely pretty green still. I see you main fox which is exactly the sort of practice I need myself since I main a low tier, but have a high tier secondary which needs a ton of work. Do you know Framingham State?

SPARKEATER

Smash Rookie
Dude!! I live in Western Massachusetts but am so willing to travel or host. I just found out about this community and am so flippin' stoked. Lets play dude! :joyful:

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Cool man. When I graduated from Framingham state, I donated a gamecube, a few controllers, and a few games to the school's gameroom. A decent sized amateur melee following has since formed there. There is also a game store right by the school the hosts "fight nights." It is much more involved for Marvel vs Capcom or SS4, but they DO host major Melee tournaments every couple of months which attract some of the best including Hax, M2K, Thorn, Darc, and Korean DJ.

SPARKEATER

Smash Rookie
Well that was very generous of you to do (donating the GC). Is that "fight night" available for outside entry? Thanks for the response and information in advance... :D

Are you still in MA?

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Of course; I never mind helping the scene. The "fight nights" I mentioned are held Tuesday and Friday nights at the video game store GameUnderground in Framingham, MA. There might be a couple of Melee players, but like I said, it is mostly newer fighters. There is a $5 entry fee for those, but they also hold massive Melee tournies every couple of months with a $10 entry hence the big names.

FSU is a public university so as long as you are with someone (me or another person you'd probably meet while there), it is free. Those guys are all amateurs to newbie level, myself included (I consider myself semi-competitive level at this point.)

And yes, I live in Marlborough, Ma.

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I saw the thread for the one in Framingam. There's gonna be a tourney @ northeastern in Boston if you guys didn't know. We should all go and meet up!

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Lex MA smasher here! What's up?

Also any of yall going to Apex? I'm looking to get a ride, really wanna go haha

DJMirror

Smash Master
I recently moved from California, I live in the JP area so I'm down to play. please pm me or something

Top Bottom