• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
Wow guys.

Feeling so much love and respect for this community right now. Good **** everyone, get ready for the future!

Shoutout to Skullgirls for being an amazing opponent throughout this drive.

:phone:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
**** I really wanna go, if I can get a ride with somebody or some **** like that I'll be set.

Just way too scared of getting lost since I've never traveled like that.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Everyone. Expect a video from me tomorrow. It's going to be a message to both the smash and SG's community that I want to share with everyone.

If this whole board is still here by tomorrow, I'll post it here.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I volunteered as a judge at EVO last year, and I felt a little silly saying on my application form that while I dabble in UMvC3 and SF4, the bulk of my competitive gaming knowledge is from playing Melee for the past 10 years. This year when I apply, that experience won't seem so silly :)

EVO really is something else. Like, I flew there last year just to work at the event and spectate. Didn't even enter anything. Now it's gonna be like... 10x as exciting! I'm so hyped to finally play in an international Melee tournament! I can't wait to actually meet players that live somewhere other than Edmonton/Calgary lol

This community is the actual best.

flayer0

Smash Rookie
Shh, No More Salt Only Dreams Now

The community should reach out to them for Genesis 3

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, guys. Good stuff.

But man, SkullGirls really impressed me. The unbelievable amount of heart I saw in that stream nearly brought a tear to my eye.

SG for Gen 3!

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
The end with Mike Z doing a speech and then releasing the new character was amazing. Props to the Skullgirls community and Mike Z.

Still shaking from that last hour. jeez.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I made a topic on SRK about bonding our communities. I wanted to see how the SG's community thought about it.

You can check it out here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/smash-brothers-skullgirls-bonding-communities.175329/

If you have a SRK account, go ahead and leave a comment of your own. I would love to hear thoughts.
Define bonding. Serious question.

We're two communities, we're not going to fuse. We competed against each other without completely going insane thus we're going to join together even though the games are completely different? Why Smash and no one else? Wasn't the point of Skullgirls to be attractive to the FGC?

See my issue is this seems to go past sportsmanship. In a good clean ufc match, after the match is over the two men shake hands, hell maybe even the winner helps the loser up. In your world it seems like immediately after the match ends they then transition to having sex because hey they were classy during the fight.

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
I love you, melee! Breast cancer butthole, get ready for extermination!

:phone:

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
I made a topic on SRK about bonding our communities. I wanted to see how the SG's community thought about it.

You can check it out here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/smash-brothers-skullgirls-bonding-communities.175329/

If you have a SRK account, go ahead and leave a comment of your own. I would love to hear thoughts.
Being a fan of both Smash and Skullgirls, I'm honestly pretty damn stoked that the SG fanbase got their butts into gear and garnered support for the game.
You guys kept everyone on their toes, and like was said before, there was obviously a lot of sincerity and heart from both fanbases, and had Skullgirls come out on top in the end, I don't think anyone should have begrudged you of it. Bravo.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Same here, I went to bed yesterday when both parties were at ~30k each.

I have no words to describe the results, too much awesomeness.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I just woke up and ****ed myself. I love you guys. CAO and DoH, we should get together at EVO and have a woxxy party. ^_____^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom