• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
i just sent a message to mexincan Club Nintendo magazine asking if they could help us spread the donation link and.......they responded (translated) "We were excited about doing this but we had to consult Nintendo of America first, they said they wont let any official magazine to promote this kind of things without some kind of permission and a complete investigation of the donation drive and "talking with EVO about it, sorry we'll keep track of the donation though, good luck"

:(

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Make a big push early, save 10$ for last few mins. If it doesn't crash 10$ each could be like 20k. More realistically it would be 1.2k.

:phone:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
You know whatever happens today, I hope none of us are big enough ****ies on either side to takes out money if we don't win.

Ironboy

Smash Rookie
That makes sense. Now, if someone can explain this to the SG community without sounding like a **** (as tempting as it might be), that would be nice.

If it were real, I'd probably hate that guy too.
Erm...the SG community is not accusing you of this. Not everybody in SRK supports SG, and not everybody in SRK support SG. There are some who do in fact support smash as well. Chindogg21 is a notable face in the FGC when it comes to the Midwest scene. If anything the facebook page trolled him, more than him trolling the fighting game scene. Even if he did, it would be absolutely destroy his reputation because this would be ******* troll in the first place.

It's been a while using this old account, but I'm just tired of people acting like the FGC is a hivemind. Not everybody hates Smash, you know. Either way, let the best game win.

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
There are SG supporters turning to ST in spite of melee?? Wow.

Is there evidence supporting this or was this pulled out the *** to uses as fodder against them? I've been witnessing a lot of mud slinging since the start of this donation drive.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
None of us have any facts as to who's putting their money where, or we'd know where the **** ST got over $30,000 from in a day's time.

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
None of us have any facts as to who's putting their money where, or we'd know where the **** ST got over $30,000 from in a day's time.
Also means that anything is possible. Another game that has gotten no support might line drive the competition right at the end to support their game with one big snipe.

Smash was planning it at one point by getting people to pool their money together so it could be possible any of the other contenders could also do the same. ST could be proof of that by itself.

Well, it'll be a good show I guess till the very end.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ironboy was more a personality known more during the pre-Brawl release days. He was a "preeminent" speculator (as much as you can be one for unreleased, non-datamined vidjo games), anyway).

I wanna say he disliked the Melee ATs too, but I can't remember. ._.

Smooth Criminal

Stevo

Smash Champion
The fortunate ones
To be fast and free and young
I want to count myself among
The fortunate ones

We won't be denied
We know that time is on our side
We've got the passion and the pride
We won't be denied

This generation
With fire in our eyes
Strong are the ties that bind us
We don't need no alibis

Nothing's gonna stand in our way
Not tonight

We want it all
And tonight we got the call
We're running high but we won't fall
We want it all

We won't be denied

Like a breaker at high tide
We're gonna take this sweet joy ride
We won't be denied

New expectations
Moments in the sun
We've waited all our lives
And now we know our time has come

Not tonight

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I asked ken to give a speech but he said he's busy. He told me to relay a message though he said "I don't know guys, it could go either way."

Jayr

Smash Cadet
In Brazil, we do a lot of money matches with a range value of $100-$900. Expect good things from us tonight. ;)

Ironboy

Smash Rookie
Or like the Skullgirls community, switch support to a different game if it looks like you won't win.
Or it could just because they are paying respect to more iconic game. I don't think any random game is going to make SG community go "eh I ain't even mad".

Think about, some of smash fans could have just donated to brawl(I bet some of them prefer brawl in their heart). However since it obvious that smash community's eye that Melee>Brawl, smash fans donated together to specifically get the best version of Smash at evo. However, the SG has surprises too I don't think they have given up at all. So I would rather you wait to make such accuses to that community. Especially when not even anybody in SG forum specifically likes ST(some of them too young to have experience as much as older SRK members.)

Laijin

Smash Hero
The EVO 2007 champ has spoken.

You guys doing Q and A near the end of the donation drive? I've already donated some but I don't mind talking or saying something to help the community. I've gotten a lot of requests from people saying that they'd donate more if I said something? I'll be free around 8:30pm pacific if you guys are interested.... I am the evo 2007 champ after all. Pm me on sb or facebook if u wanna set something up tonight and ill bring a ton more views

BrandX

Smash Ace
Urggghhh...My heart is pounding. I may not even be able to stay up for the final hour due to work unless I just sleep all day and then stay up all night. God dammit I just want this all to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom