• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhiaggo

Smash Rookie
Alright, let's follow your train of thought and say this is a sincere offer. So, now you can show me the part where bronies are asked to put Skullgirls in second place for this to happen. Now, show me the part where Mane6 accepted this offer. The offer was made, but it still doesn't support the claims you made about bronies having to put Skullgirls in second place for it to happen, and that's even assuming Mane6 took the offer in the first place. But don't worry! I'm sure a bright, smart man like yourself can dig yourself out of the "I only have screencaps of jokes as circumstancial evidence" hole! :^) :D

:034:
Almost forgot you there, little fella.
You think those public messages were jokes, but it was clearly an invitation to speak more in private.

If Mike Z did not even consider letting MLP use the SG engine, he would have made a real joke and dodged the issue in his last message, instead of inviting the Mane6 developer to discuss more in private.

Mane 6 always mentions to support Skull Girls first in their FAQ concerning Evo.

And like I said before, the sudden donation surge for Skull Girls, the game with possibly the smallest community and ZERO tourneys at Majors, leads me to believe that Skull Girls donations came primarily from bronies, especially since the surge came after Evo announced that MLP could no longer win the official 8th spot.

I'm sure a bright, smart man like yourself can dig yourself out of the "I only have screencaps of jokes as circumstancial evidence" hole! :^) :D
I never said I was a smart man, I'm only making arguments in an honest discussion. But you are definitely a sneaky person that enjoys insulting new members that never picked a fight with you. 7500 posts and you still do that? Good thing the rest of this community isn't as embarrassing as you.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Stop the pointless arguing. No one gives a crap at this point =V

Donated 20$ a couple days ago, will throw in another 100$ once I get paid this month.

I don't even play Melee competitively, step up your game and donate guys. We can do this!

Scar

#HarveyDent
subscribing

also please tune in to the Melee It On Me Podcast tomorrow at 6pm Pacific for a 3x (maybe 4x) donation match during the episode!

follow twitch.tv/bobby_scar or subscribe to the thread above

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Yea let's stop bickering and let's forget the bronies right now and let's try doing what we can for this cause and hope we can make it to EVO. Even then we still have 2 weeks, some of us just needs more time and most of us can easily drop $5.00 to this. A little more time, we may be able to turn the tides around. I'll see what I can do since I don't have much money right now for this, and since the prepaid debit card I got didn't work for this so I need more time. Also I'm sure if we all drop $5.00 I'm sure we can win.

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stop the pointless arguing. No one gives a crap at this point =V

Donated 20$ a couple days ago, will throw in another 100$ once I get paid this month.

I don't even play Melee competitively, step up your game and donate guys. We can do this!
I think we're all waiting for our paychecks. :)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Really? good ****. Put it on the main page and don't share it lol...people'll steal it though anyways, just hope they give credit to shloub.

edit: or go give it to them, nice gesture.

I do not follow fighters much at all outside of smash, so are there large followings in other countries outside of the US for the other games listed here? I thought Smash had the largest worldwide community out of any fighter.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol no. The big ones have international communities, actually all of them do but only the big ones get people to fly/travel.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
I do not follow fighters much at all outside of smash, so are there large followings in other countries outside of the US for the other games listed here? I thought Smash had the largest worldwide community out of any fighter.
capcom vs snk 2 and street fighter: 3rd strike had big followings back in their day, but they're almost dead now.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Just donated $10.93 lol made it to 3011.00 come on guys if melee makes it to evo im going!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I think we're all waiting for our paychecks. :)
I plan to donate mine during the cast if I can. I get paid on Wednesday, but I'm unsure if my check will go through in time for the casting.

I'll hang on to an extra $100 from it for donation on Thursday if anything!

This might just work ;D

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
subscribing

also please tune in to the Melee It On Me Podcast tomorrow at 6pm Pacific for a 3x (maybe 4x) donation match during the episode!

follow twitch.tv/bobby_scar or subscribe to the thread above
I know the amount I'm matching. I know the amount Violence is matching.

SCAR IS GOING TO PUT US ON HIS BACK, WOW. BE PREPPED TO DONATE TOMORROW NIGHT.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
donated 50 or so (depending on processing fee?) - hopefully shows up soon

Violence

Smash Lord
Jeezus... I thought Prog and I were going hard, and then I heard what Scar's limit was.

Yet again this man redefines the meaning of going hard.

Let's use this opportunity to gain momentum, and I fully encourage donation tournaments near the end of this month from any region.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Guys, the SG community is having a donation drive tournament in order to bolster their EVO funds. While Scar's piggy bank may yet save the day, you all should consider something similar.
Yeah we're going to urge all tournies from now until the end to take some % of venue and put it towards the donation drive. We're an amazing community and I think we can do some amazing things if we work together towards a goal.

Skullgirls - JUST BRING IT

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Yeah we're going to urge all tournies from now until the end to take some % of venue and put it towards the donation drive. We're an amazing community and I think we can do some amazing things if we work together towards a goal.

Skullgirls - JUST BRING IT
Due to the current state of the EVO donation fiasco, all entrance donations from Winter Gamefest 2013 ($5 for players without a setup) will be donated o the EVO 2013 Donation drive for Melee.--Jun Kim

A socal tournament this weekend already plans on raising money. Let's pull this out

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
let me just say that scar is ready to throw down more than double what Violence and myself are doing. PUT TOGETHER.

THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN...CHARITY?

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Due to the current state of the EVO donation fiasco, all entrance donations from Winter Gamefest 2013 ($5 for players without a setup) will be donated o the EVO 2013 Donation drive for Melee.--Jun Kim

A socal tournament this weekend already plans on raising money. Let's pull this out
Well I guess I'll give in my 20 there if they'll give it to the donation drive.

:phone:

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Also, some players who are guaranteed a return on investment (PP, Armada, M2K, Mango, Hbox) have no reason not to donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom