• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Melee and Brawl) - VILLAGER - EVO PRACTICE!! - June 30th, 2013 - Red Bank, NJ

LLDL

Smash Hero
Date:
  • June 30th, 2013
Time:
  • Signups 4:30pm - 5:30pm
  • Bracket Starts at 5:45pm
80 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701

Game(s):
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Pricing:
  • Venue Fee: $15.00 (Gives in/out access to all arcade games and facilities until closing)
  • Melee 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
  • Brawl 1v1 Tournament Entry: $5.00
Rules:

Melee Rules:
Coming Soon!

Brawl Rules:
Coming Soon!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Running WarZone the same day for Melee/P:M.
I'm aware but I'm not in full control of available dates that I can use. I wanted the 28th. Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure neither turnout is going to suffer, they are far removed from each other.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
I want to come to this but I'm going to Bring Back Philly 3 on June 23rd and KTAR 7 on July 6. Chain-ace, please come to Bring Back Philly next week and convince me to go to this.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Chain-ace, we haven't played in over 2 years if I recall correctly, right? I bet you've improved so much in that time, you'll probably crush me in a rematch!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Chain-ace, we haven't played in over 2 years if I recall correctly, right? I bet you've improved so much in that time, you'll probably crush me in a rematch!
haha yeah man and I still suck against floaties you never know man! And I'll try and make it out.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
Vorosh, you should come to this because I can't make it to Bring Back Philly, this is right in my neighborhood, and I want to go double puff in friendlies.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Think I might come out to this, I'm like 15 minutes away. A couple questions though: Do you need setups? And if so, could I bring stuff to record with?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Think I might come out to this, I'm like 15 minutes away. A couple questions though: Do you need setups? And if so, could I bring stuff to record with?
Actually yes, will be needing more setups for brawl and you can feel free to record matches :) What town are you from btw if you live 15 minutes away? You from Monmouth county?

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Yeah, Marlboro. I go to Yestercades fairly often, as a matter of fact. I'm 99% sure I'm coming, looking forward to this.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware but I'm not in full control of available dates that I can use. I wanted the 28th. Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure neither turnout is going to suffer, they are far removed from each other.
So you knew that you were booking the event? That's not cool man. Regardless of "the distance" people could've traveled to either one easily. It's a matter of respect of your fellow TO to not book on the same date.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I didn't book the event, I work at the venue and they are hosting a tournament on this date. I'm hosting it. It's really as simple as that.

LLDL

Smash Hero
So you knew that you were booking the event? That's not cool man. Regardless of "the distance" people could've traveled to either one easily. It's a matter of respect of your fellow TO to not book on the same date.
Nobody is more aware of that scenario than I, trust me. It just didn't work out for this tournament. It's not like I was just looking to host a tournament at a venue and chose this date already knowing about Warzone. This event would have happened anyway, I just didn't make the thread until whenever I put it up. I wouldn't worry about it too much for the reasons I posted before. :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Good stuff, looks like brawl is going to have a decent turnout.

Where are my melee players?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
might b helpful if melee players showed up to an evo practice tourney

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming, bringing a melee setup. What time are things gonna be open for friendlies, you think?

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Decided I'll probably enter Melee as well. My rusty Bowser and 2 week old Yoshi are prepared to get bopped.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm going to use the recommended brawl stage list and payouts will be 60/30/10

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming!
I'm bringing a car full of people, as well as 3 tvs and 2 gamecubes.
I'm bringing myself and 4 other people, I think we're going to be 3-5 melee entrants and 1-2 brawl entrants. (I'm not sure which people are playing which game(s))
Is there any chance that we can do payouts 50/25/15/10?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm coming!
I'm bringing a car full of people, as well as 3 tvs and 2 gamecubes.
I'm bringing myself and 4 other people, I think we're going to be 3-5 melee entrants and 1-2 brawl entrants. (I'm not sure which people are playing which game(s))
Is there any chance that we can do payouts 50/25/15/10?
awesome man. glad you could make it!

maybe, but keep in mind that entry is $5.00 per person, not $10.00.

if we get say 25 and above I would be down to do those payouts.

Top Bottom