• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee and Brawl Smashfest, Feb 16th (cancelled)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Ok, so I felt bad about the situation with this thread before. I'm still having my private little party, but like i said it is going to be with personal friends that i've known through middle schoola nd high school. id oubt any of the serious players would want to come to that.

BUT!!!! I do want to share Brawl with AZ. Remember the Bookman's where SAST1 was at? I want to have a smashfest there. Not a tourney, no bracket, just fun friendlies singles, doubles, and FFA. We will have as many melee's as possible--

But I will supply my Japanese import Brawl for us to play for fun :)

So, I will be trying to get in touch with bookman's soon to see about this. This isn't confirmed yet, but I want to do it.

PS. I owe you one Wobbles, you kinda gave me this idea through your post lol

UPDATE!: I'm talking to AZenith, he wants to hold a round robin on that day, so we will probably do an AZ round robin with Brawl on the side...

Update 2: Bookman's denied AZenith's request to host this so it's been cancelled.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Haha wobbles, the next one i'll invite you, i promise. like i said, this is mostly (with the exception of Axe) just people I know from school and stuff.

If philippe goes through with his tourney in february, i'll be sure to bring brawl too and you can play.

And no, I will not MM your metaknight. but i would love to play against it :-D

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Actually i made this topic to answer this question in a few years:

"Who hosted the first AZ Brawlfest?"

"Gamerguitarist, son."

Even though i REALLY want to change my name for brawl, i just can't think of a new one

PS: No johns, darthmike

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
wtf Gamer.... wtf....

We're just going to drive down to Tucson and bang on your door like zombies if you don't invite us.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i can't have a bunch of AZ people storming my house because i only have one copy of the game. if 20 people show up, how boring is that going to be switching peopel after every match. seriously, if for some reason i had 4 imports of the game then i would have a brawl mini-tourney or something, but i only have 1 copy so it'd be extremely difficult to play with many many people.

i can answer any questions you guys have though, and like i said if tucson gets a tourney next month i'll be sure to bring it.

edit/ if it's really a problem, i can delete what i wrote in this thread and change it to something else lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Actually, you owe me from the tournament you hosted that I ran at least half of :) If that doesn't earn me a spot at this little get-together, then I call shenanigans.

Seriously though, posting this just for bragging rights is kind of... no offense, but lame. You know everybody in the **** state would want to play.

Also, we wouldn't need to only play 1v1s. Teams, FFAs, or rapid-fire 2 stock matches would suffice.

darthryan

Smash Rookie
Actually i made this topic to answer this question in a few years:

"Who hosted the first AZ Brawlfest?"

"Gamerguitarist, son."

Even though i REALLY want to change my name for brawl, i just can't think of a new one

PS: No johns, darthmike
sounds kinda deucheie haha

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
So is this going to combine with AZenith's tourney basically? And is this still at Speedway and Wilmot or where is it? I can do some recording there if anyone wants it.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yo someone take me to this I gotz gas moneyz!!!! And you know you would LOVE my company... I'm quite in the car. :p

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So is this going to combine with AZenith's tourney basically? And is this still at Speedway and Wilmot or where is it? I can do some recording there if anyone wants it.

yeah probably, but remember that I can really confirm anything since it would be AZenith's tourney. But yes, it would be bookman's on speedway most likely, unless the size of the tourney is like the Cloverfield monster, then we'll have to move it somewhere else (like New York, or U of A lol)

fark

Smash Apprentice
cool man youre lucky
but umm
how do you intend on making an import work on your wii?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
philippe make your own thread for this since its your tourney lol. i don't want to be the owner of the thread where people ask **** like CutMet did. so yeah, make one.

just make sure to note that i will be bringing brawl.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
well i dont know for sure if there is going to be one so i dont want to make a thread until i get final confirmation from this lady im talking to.

Yeah CutMet, you can bring your VCR or whatever it is you want to record with, that would be awesome.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Alright I have a VCR that I'll try to bring, if anyone has some new tapes that they don't want though, it would be nice if I could have them. I only have like two tapes that are working right now.

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh snaps, i'm the only smasher (besides all your close friends) that can go to your private party thing? oh snaps, i didn't know that. i know that it wouldn't be fair if i went and everyone else can't. if you don't want me to go, then it's fine. i'll probably just go to your place the weekend after to play it with you without everyone else there lol. but if you don't want me to go, it's no problem man. just let me know ahead of time so we can meet up like the weekend after or something

Top Bottom