• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - SEAT1. September 22-23, 2005.

shadow963

Smash Rookie
Im trying to convince my Lil bro to come too. Hes almost as good as me, but he still wants to go to see how good some people are. He Mains as Young Link and he loves Links Dair attack (I HATE THAT FRIGGEN SWORD!) so be prepared for it.
Not sure if we are coming yet. But i will let you all know when the time draws nearer.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Okay guys, after a few conversations I believe I've gotten closer to the SEAT arrangements.

Much deserved thanks to Em for the great idea of actually going to bed, we can't have people as tired as they were at Cao's if it's an official, big tournament. The plan here is to have everyone who was staying get some sleep from 1am until, at this point, 9am when I wake you all up. A good 8 hours of sleep and then the three hours remain to finish whatever we have to.

Thanks to Cao too, because we picked up the idea for an RSVP. If you have friends who would want to come, tell them. As the numbers are growing and it's approaching 30 people, I'm going to have to talk to my parents to figure out if I'm going to have to make a number cut off or just a date cutoff time for "Yes, I'm coming" posts. 2 weeks before SEAT seems fair. So, on 6 September, entries close.

Make sure you've got your things in order, please, because it would make it all that much easier. :D

CATS

Smash Journeyman
there should be more people registering your teams. where is shaz and jon? and why have none of the (relatively) new people formed teams either? form those teams now! find a team mate this instant!

this is shaping up to be a phantasmagorical meet so good stuff, keep it up DC and cao.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
shadow963 said:
and he loves Links Dair attack (I HATE THAT FRIGGEN SWORD!) so be prepared for it.
Amen. o.o

Changing status from TBC to confirmed n____n *bounces* really looking forward to this n__n

Need to practice though. Baaah ;-; Oh well.

*returns to getting eaten by folio*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If you plan to stay the night over the the gang, bring your sleeping gear, otherwise, just BYOC for now. I'll need volunteers to bring Cubes and TV's later, but it'll all be discussed on the 6th.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Plans are underway to access a more suitable venue in lieu of hosting restrictions (against the burgenoning demand), so we're assessing the potential options (South Camberwell Uniting Church, Kingston Arts Centre, Melbourne University etc). The same dates will apply (with similar times), and Divine's house will still have a role, just without the singles and/or teams tourney, so it's looking great.

The idea I'm getting is that we hire out a venue for a good 10 hours to get the formalities done with, and afterwards set our way to Divine Crono's place for the friendly/exhibition/money match side of things. Also for those who intend to stay the night and game that that little bit more.

Fox_RKO

Smash Rookie
Ok, just wondering concerning hosts for people me and MAx_fuchs may be going if so are there any people willing to host us for 2 nights, (i can cook and clean and that and possibly help in some way with like cash), and for music is it ok if i bring some heavier stuff, like system of a down, slipknot, linkin park, slayer, breaking benjamin and even some men at work :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My place to crash can be used as a last resort, and the same goes for Snakebite/Mark. The housing situation is sound, but regardless:

ATTN:

VISITOR HOUSING - PLEASE HELP THESE GUYS OUT!
***Pandemonium needs housing - Please assist if possible***
***Max Fuchs needs housing - Please assist if possible***
***Fox_RKO needs housing - Please assist if possible***

Fox_RKO

Smash Rookie
if its any help I can cook and just need to sleep on a comfortable piece of floor, btw what time will seat appear to be on?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
there should be more people registering your teams. where is shaz and jon? and why have none of the (relatively) new people formed teams either? form those teams now! find a team mate this instant!
It's pretty much an unspoken rule that if Shaz and/or I, don't get teamed with anyone specific, we do the default Team Sexy-Animal thing. But of course, someone may wish to team up with either of us before that happens.

Fox_RKO

Smash Rookie
anyone other than max fuchs want to team up with a noob that plays fox and doesnt own a 'cube?
(me)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Team up with Max.

I've done a major update of SEAT in the 1st post - now it's got the new venue location, entry fee, schedules, transport info and the rulesets in full. TV's and camcorders will be next on the agenda, so I'm gonna need your full support guys - especially if you want this to work well. So please help out when I mention things soon.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Thanks. :D

Okay guys, I'll be contacting those of you who either need (and I mean NEED) accomodation or are being invited for the night. Sorry, but I've gotta keep it to 15. =\

As far as dinner goes, I think I've got a solution. If we're all okay for mexican, right off Parkdale station (I mean right off, it's closer to it than my place from the station) is Montezuma's. We can all eat there if we want to, we just need numbers so I can book it for us. I'm not sure how 40 people would work, but I know we can get 20 in. The other alternative is La Porchetta in Mentone. I'm not too fond of the place myself, but it has much more space than Montezuma's.

So yeah, if I could get some input it would be appreciated muchly. Thanks.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hmmm.... you live right next to the beach!!!!!11oneoneone.. is there a resturant or anything that's an excuse to go right to the beach lol - hahaha Montezuma's sounds fine to me. I went to the venue and secured it today, 3 TV's already there, so now I'm gonna need ja support folks. Dc's bringing a TV, and I'll possibly bring a TV if anyone manages to pick me up early in the morning (ie 8am) to get there in time and setup the joint.

If anyone can bring TV's please contact me or make a post - it'll be extremely appreciated if you can help me out.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Might I include that it'd be convenient if the TV-bearers were with the crew that are coming to stay at my place. We don't want people on strange trains later at night with TV's. They could...get square eyes?

Mmmm...I'll make sure I follow the staying-the-night people up soon. :D

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I won't be able to bring a TV, but if you really need it, I could bring a GC =/ Oh, and is it alright if I bring a friend? He's about as good as me at smash, can use an array of characters (At least 6) and housing isn't an issue. It's ok if it's not, but it would be pretty good because then there'd be another doubles pair.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
As far as I can tell, if you can pay, you're in. The number of people attending now is not an issue as the venue has changed. It's no trouble, not like it's a cardboard box we've gotta pay $200 odd for. I'm assuming that the venue is more than a cardboard box, or I'll have to slap Cao. :D

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It certainly doesn't look that way from the picture of it. What's the approximate time to get to moorabbin station from Flinders street? From Hoppers Crossing it takes 45 minutes to get to Flinders, so It would be good to know so that I know what time to leave in the morning.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I can bring the 30cm TV I brang for @M. Its small, but its compatible.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Next major update right ere.

Mann, thanks Jon! That'd be excellent - bring it. As for Cubes, I'll now start making a list for those bringing Cubes - it wasn't so high on my agenda cus the group has proven in the past to cough up way more Cubes than we needed. But this this time, bring it!

** BRING CUBES FOLKS!! TV'S IF YOU CAN TOO!! **

forblaze71 - Of course you can bring your friend! And your Cube too!! - the more the merrier! What's his name/Smash nick? I'll put him up the list as 'forblaze71's friend' for now, heh. Also, From Flinders to Moorabbin is approx 20-25 mins, slightly less if it's an express service.

Divine_Crono - NOT a cardboard box!! XD I repeat, not a cardboard box, lol. Let's just say that this place will 4-stock my wallet if people don't turn out in force. So if you peeps don't want me to suffer, come and support the event, hehe.

My rationale for the venue is simple: A place near DC's that insanely acessible via transit, and a more intimate setting (@M was too big). The Arts Centre website will give you an idea of the venue, and I'm also promised signage for the event, so most'll find SEAT too easy.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING OUT-OF-STATERS' OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATION:
Divine Crono has brought to my attention that 'Out-of-Staters' (ie SA, TAS, NSW, QLD Smashers) will need to find their own accomodation unless they've approached him personally about the housing issue. This is an effort to make sure there's some level of order in his hostings. The Smashers who are confimred to stay at his place with the core group are SLOTH, KING KONG, and JAZBLACK. The rest wil either need to contact Divine Crono, or organise their own accomodation. If met with strife, speak to me - I'll take care of you.

The core Victorian group are covered.

kupo

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I can convince Shaz to bring his TV and cube n___n.

Count me in for bringing cube. I'd bring a TV but 50hz is too gay xD.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you have a 60Hz compatible VCR, which has an RF cable, you can pipe the 60Hz game into the 50Hz TV through the VCR.

Just a point. I do it at home ^^

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
CAOTIC said:
forblaze71 - Of course you can bring your friend! And your Cube too!! - the more the merrier! What's his name/Smash nick? I'll put him up the list as 'forblaze71's friend' for now, heh. Also, From Flinders to Moorabbin is approx 20-25 mins, slightly less if it's an express service.
Well the SN he uses the most is Souljah, so I guess you could put that down for him =/ Thanks for the times, now I'm just contemplating whether I should get my sister to drive us there or catch the train, because I heard it takes about 1 hour+ to drive from Hoppers Crossing to Moorabbin. Man, either way I'll have to wake up at 7 00. -_-' :urg:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
yes you CAN get 60hz on 50hz screen, but then it's still running at 50 interlaced frames per second isnt it?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, but it doesn't look as choppy as the 50Hz the cube puts out. I can't explain why that would work, but the animation feels smoother, despite the fact that it's the same screen refresh rate.

*Shrugs*

Sloth

Smash Ace
Bad news here. I'll just give you a rundown.

Since last saturday, my muscles in my body, especially my wrists+fingers have been soar. And its continued to remain painful.

I just saw a doctor today and I've had a blood test taken. I'll see the results next week.
But for now, if I remain in this condition, I'll have to cancel my trip to melbourne/seat.

Good news is, that it probably isnt RIS. As my wrists haven't got any swelling signs.

Because of this, I will rarely be on msn to talk about plans etc.. Ill give you more information next week, probably around wednesday/thursday to tell you if I am or not going.

Man this sucks.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's terrible news Sloth, I wish you the best in your health and also a speedy recovery. You'll be in my thoughts.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD! All hell breaks loose, SEAT will suck! (j.k XD)
Sloth i hope your test results come back fine and you need nothing more then some deep heat lol, but seriously that sucks if you can't come then health matters first, then smash.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
magical remedy which will heal sloths wrists

That sucks hardcore sloth, Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I was hoping the wrist prob did not turn into a reality, it's my fault sloth you know all that msn talk did not do your wrists any good. Ahhhh well health first then smash as sebastion puts it.

rest up son, hope you can come but if you cant well thats fine two.
But I'll understand.
Such terrible news whats the odds, stupid smash gods always bringing pain and despair.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone I was wondering if I were to organize a little smash bros 64 comp at seat possibly with a pot would people hang around and play? It would be held after teams and singles; it will be single elimination (due to time constraints), 5 stock Levels Hyrule temple, dream-land, Sector Z and Yoshi story can be used if both players agree on it. Does anyone like the sound of this?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Uuhhhhhhmmm maybe you should make an individual topic for your tourny, seeing as we're discussing a different one here? Just a suggestion is all.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The likelyhood of a Smash 64 tourney after SEAT will be determined by popularity and time contraints. Freeplay Smash 64 is more of a realistic option, but going for a tourney in SEAT is demanding a bit too much. Having said that I'll allow it if there's ample time and interest in it, but I won't concern myself with the actual running of the tourney - I've got enough to do as it is.

Oh, one last mention - BRING YOUR DS FOLKS. We're all like minded-Nintendo aficionadoes - so you guys and girls might as well enjoy and exploit that fact, if you're all in the same place.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aww, sorry to hear about that Sloth ;-; I hope things will be fine so you can come to SEAT AND Manifest n___n <3

Top Bottom