• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MEL: Robocop (Congratulations to M2K/Hall/CAO/Tedeth and many more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol I read that as rainbow star.
It's decided I'm now registering for all tourneys here on out as 'Rainbow' or possibly even 'Rainbow Star'.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
he said he's coming next monthly

so we'll prob actually see him again sometime 2060

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
me and glenn will def come to the next major over east not missing out again!!!! :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
To those who want to come but fear losing - don't be worried about this kind of thing. You will have a great time, pick up some new tricks, meet some new people and if you're worried about not being good enough don't be....not everyone can be top seeded players who pwn face by spamming top tier characters and their chain grabs (yeah you know who you are you cheap guys :p).
I understand what you're saying, but to be fair if I'm going to spend that amount of money one plane tickets and possible accommodation, then I would like to progress through pools at least, as I would like more than three or four actual matches... I'm at a stage in my ability now where I think getting out of an average pool would be a 25% chance, which isn't high enough... Rest assured I won't be giving up, and I'll be trying to get as good as possible so that I CAN come, but I need to be confident in myself that I can at least pose somewhat of a threat to the average player over there :p

I understand that a big factor is the fun factor as well, and that's the reason why I'm still going to go fully aware that there is only a miniscule chance I'll actually WIN anything :p

end unnecessarily convoluted reply to a relatively simple topic :p

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you'll play heaps of games against heaps of people, especially if this goes 3 days
rocky made 9 people ejaculate on the day

kupo

Smash Lord
MM people so you get something in return. lol

Tough competition is always good. You can always make it up in teams (pfft to pools). :p

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Dekar...the service you and Redact were offering each-other in the broom closet doesn't count...so it was more like 7 people.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I was at LaTrobe and the Curtin =D

Tis when I first learned how much I truly sucked at melee. Poor young link never had a chance.

[/post to subrscribe]

=3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there was a ZTV ripping **** up in melee at the sydney tourney last weekend.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol nevermind I'm dumb, it was Zxv, and was ripping **** up, but aparently he's a newcomer.
you may all now facepalm

Sieg

Smash Champion
I has no friends.

HUR DUR.

Also more hype for the currently undated tournament of EPIC.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm scouting new venues, mainly town halls (they're big, grand and old!). We're going to grow out of the Victoria Hotel which only has a capacity for 300 max and we struggled with it last year.

Sieg is my friend.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I liked the venue last year, but if Cao thinks there is better (Which I'm sure there is) then it's all good.

More of Melbourne for me to see when I come back down lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cash Mooney says he wants to attend this. And maybe my Californian Brawl friend, Veg. More on that when I secure dates.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Queens Bridge Hotel would be boss for this year's BAM event. Less cramped, and a massive stage which can be used for super hype.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Can we all bring monocles and half face masks and pretend we're all awfully rich if we go to the Crown?

That would be the best day ever.

Chap.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Jolly good. What what.

*sips brandy*

Let's make it happen Cao. It will bring eternal wubs from all over the Globe.

Vermy

Smash Champion
It seems I've spontaneously combusted. How utterly vulgar.

Shall I bring the 73' Merlot?

(Breaking character for a moment, if you all recall I do in fact own a top hat, ergo I will wear it. Also I will speak to my optometrist about a monocle. Everyone suit up for Robocop!)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nothing suits like a suit.

Best suit gets free entry, hahaha. And I will actually suit up this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom