• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaManniversary eShop Sale!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Good thing that I have the MegaMan X collection. Way better then what Nintendo eshop is selling.

:pow:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
So, how many of these are worth buying?
Mega Man 2 is one of my favorite NES games, but I've read that the Game Boy Mega Man II is terrible by comparison.
I own Mega Man 1-4 (NES) on Virtual Console but have only finished the first two.

Also, several of the game titles and prices in the OP are incorrect...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Are Mega Man 2 for NES and Game Boy the same?
Less color, different Masters if I remember correctly, and worse music. It's pretty much the poor man's MM2. Which brings me to my next point, why have a MM sale and not have any good Mega Man games on sale. 6 is okay I guess, but what about 2 and 3?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Less color, different Masters if I remember correctly, and worse music. It's pretty much the poor man's MM2. Which brings me to my next point, why have a MM sale and not have any good Mega Man games on sale. 6 is okay I guess, but what about 2 and 3?
Well at least they appreciate megaman enough to do a sale dedicated to him, unlike a certain other company >_>

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Worse music? Come on! GB Megaman 2 has some pretty awesome songs! I mean that main title theme is pretty amazing. (obviously they sound better remixed, but they are still good.)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Worse music? Come on! GB Megaman 2 has some pretty awesome songs! I mean that main title theme is pretty amazing. (obviously they sound better remixed, but they are still good.)
Good, maybe. But the originals are just how they should be. Perfect.
This. Who knows man? There was a time where specific Capcom IPs were on sale or something.... They could've bought him, but oh well :ohwell:
What happened was Capcom didn't sign their yearly contract thingama****er that protected them from having any of their IPs brought out. But by refusing to sign it, Mega Man is up for grabs. And I'm over here facepalming and meditating on why the hell Nintendo's not doing anything about it while Mega Man is saying "HEY! NINTENDO! BUY ME FOR GODS SAKES! YOU ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL VIDEO GAME COMPANY IN THE WORLD. BUY ME ALREADY!". I mean they're going to make more money with him then they're going to lose buying him so they really have no excuse. It's not like Capcom is going to go helpless without him. So, the **** Nintendo?

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Nintendo, buy Megaman, buy Sonic, buy Pac-Man, welcome to the family. :4pacman: :4sonic: :4megaman:

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Good, maybe. But the originals are just how they should be. Perfect.
As much as I love Megaman 2 NES' soundtrack... Its NOT perfect. Its grand... but i like the GB's music more. Its extremely over looked. Not to mention they are completely original pieces that sound pretty good, even on the original gameboy. (technically the megaman GB games are its own part of the classic series. the original megaman 2 GB name in Japan is Rockman World 2, so its not really meant to be like a port of the NES game.)

Good thing that I have the MegaMan X collection. Way better then what Nintendo eshop is selling.

:pow:
I have the X collection too... But why not any of the other games? I mean the Megaman Zero series is good. Then theres also just the Classic series itself. (I still think they should've put the Zero series on the 3DS.)

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I would've loved for Megaman X or X2 to be on sale, but this is great news! I know I could just emulate these on PC and I wish Megaman 3 were on sale, but I do want Megaman 5.....

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
There almost different series.

WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR THE CLASSIC ONES?? WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ASKING FOR MEGA MAN X WHEN THIS HAPPENS? :(
Because Megaman X is the future of megaman? All the series of megaman are connected. The classic series flows into the X series at some point, the X series flows into the Zero series, and the Zero series flows into the ZX series. Plus Megaman X is a REALLY good game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've played these games emulated for a long time now. It's time for me to show Megaman my appreciation. Thinking of getting II, III, iv, v, and DLC for mighty gunvolt.

Top Bottom